Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,877 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Smoking: What Do You Think? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Smoking: What Do You Think? (4414 Views)

Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places / Why Do Women Hate Smoking? / Smoking in Public: Should It Be Banned? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smoking: What Do You Think? by Coco29(f): 7:33pm On Jul 05, 2006
i know it is bad for us how ever i still smoke about two a week, not around my kids or in public, does any one smoke, do u not like it have your say.
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by hotangel2(f): 8:25pm On Jul 05, 2006
Im not against smokers, because im sure that in this our world, they know the 'side effects' of smoking.

I however hate the smell of cigarette. But i once saw someone smoking, and his cigarette smelled really good. I wonder wat he was smoking.

Anyways, So many people have different reasons for smoking. Some say they only smoke durring winter so they won't be cold. Others say it's to 'look cool', some say it's cos it relieves them of stress.

Whatever the reason is that they smoke, i really don't think i have a say to tell them to stop. Cos daing?? It's everywhere that smokers are liable to die YOung. Even my 6 yr old cousin knows that smoke makes u cough, and coughing leads to T.B, and uhmm Lung cancer, and u know the rest.
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by Badman888(m): 9:16pm On Jul 05, 2006
I think its horrible, i cant imagine smoking or staying close to someone that smokes
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by retro(f): 9:18pm On Jul 05, 2006
I used to smoke but I stopped. One of the reasons I stopped was because I was out of cash. I smoked for almost 5 years. I hope I don't slip back.
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by diddy4(m): 10:57pm On Jul 05, 2006
it is really bad no matter the reason. your liver is suffering and your lungs dont like it. try to stop if you can.

i dont have nothing against smokers. it is better than being gay.
i advise and help them to stop smoking.

the only thing is, you wont smoke near me cuzz i will be taking the stick outt@ ya mouth each time you light it. so if you wann@ waste money, buy and come near me. we will play the game of put it in your mouth and see it under my feet.
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by eveseh(f): 11:11pm On Jul 05, 2006
i hate it
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by Shagari2(m): 11:29pm On Jul 05, 2006
Its good for you wink

*There are far too many people on this tiny planet*
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by Kadeejah(f): 11:38pm On Jul 05, 2006
hate smoking. i tried purple haze last yr on 4:20 it wudnt good nd it stinks lipsrsealed
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by ikamefa(f): 11:45pm On Jul 05, 2006
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by vichel(m): 12:44am On Jul 06, 2006
Smoking sucks for real, i would never date a smoker its a disgusting habit and trusth if u smoke, u definite gonna have bad breaths all day
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by beyunce(f): 9:57am On Jul 06, 2006
I dont like smokers.

that is to say i cant date a smoker.

the smell alone just kills me cheesy
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by Coco29(f): 12:56pm On Jul 06, 2006
i smoke and i do not have bad breath or smell grin but i do understand it is bad.

kadeejah purple haze omg that is like drinking brandy the first time you drink cheesy

diddy i do not think u would be touching ma cig oooooooo wink
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by niterider(m): 3:41pm On Jul 06, 2006
There they go again.The reasonable ones sayin they have no right to judge a smoker,the ones that smoke blatantly glorify smoking,and then the usual brigade of "well-bred" ones quick to condemn smoking and smokers.

As far as i'm concerned,if u have never walked in a smoker's shoes,shut ur trap and stop talking ignorantly.
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by SvS(f): 4:18pm On Jul 06, 2006
dont smoke,buh all ma friends do
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by Shagari2(m): 8:03pm On Jul 06, 2006
@ lil green ma'am

No don't smoke sweetheart, does weed count tho?
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by ikamefa(f): 8:15pm On Jul 06, 2006
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by retro(f): 8:17pm On Jul 06, 2006
My dad smokes weed. I've inhaled it more than a couple of times and I hate it.
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by Shagari2(m): 8:27pm On Jul 06, 2006
grin U girls crack me up! kidding babe, bit of crack once in a while tho wink
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by Kadeejah(f): 8:31pm On Jul 06, 2006
smoked some purple last night lipsrsealed
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by ikamefa(f): 8:34pm On Jul 06, 2006
/
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by Shagari2(m): 8:41pm On Jul 06, 2006
How did you know what I do?? 
ikamefa:

are your patients safe?

Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by desiree(f): 8:46pm On Jul 06, 2006
cigarettes cancer sticks !!! don't like them, not my cuppa, don't like being around people that smoke and i don't judge them either. My brother is a chain smoker, i tend to blame any health problem he has on smoking i.e. flu, cough etc
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by ikamefa(f): 9:18pm On Jul 06, 2006
/
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by Shagari2(m): 9:21pm On Jul 06, 2006
ooo, spooky smart girl I like wink
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by ikamefa(f): 9:29pm On Jul 06, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy yeah right! wink
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by Slycks(m): 9:38pm On Jul 06, 2006
I do smoke socially, Maybe when in the club

I dont usually go to club anymore

Although,smoking isnt bad in some countries weather-wise ,compare to nigeria the hot and heat source and yet ppl here still smoke ,

Smoker are liable to die young in nigeria but somewhere like australia and canada where there are so much cold i will proclaim they smoke at least 2 pack in day
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by bluenubian(f): 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2006
even tho ganja is illegal, il d rather prefer a person to smoke it than to smoke cigarrette, cigarrette serve no purpose, they dont get u high, u jus get addicted, probably the most stupid but smartest invention, cause it serves no purpose yet the companies are making billions.
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by zebudaya(m): 11:21pm On Jul 06, 2006
bluenubian:

even tho ganja is illegal, il d rather prefer a person to smoke it than to smoke cigarrette, cigarrette serve no purpose, they don't get u high, u jus get addicted, probably the most stupid but smartest invention, cause it serves no purpose yet the companies are making billions.

Cigarettes relax you, and sometimes they give you a slight buzz
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by bluenubian(f): 11:52pm On Jul 06, 2006
yeah but is that "slight buzz" worth the addiction
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by zebudaya(m): 11:53pm On Jul 06, 2006
sometimes
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by bluenubian(f): 11:56pm On Jul 06, 2006
nah i dont think so
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by Idekeson(m): 12:10am On Jul 07, 2006
Smoking is one of the most stupid habits.  It gives you bad breath and your clothes stink (regardless of mint and perfume).  Waste of money, no buzz like trees and above all gives you cancer.  But still, I can't kick the habit after all the yearly resolutions and promises that this very pack is the last.  Maybe pouring my heart out on Nairaland will do the magic.  Hopefully, but I still have my reservations.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can Hemp Oil Really Cure Cancer,terminal Illness Etc / For Those Drinking Or With The Intention Of Drinking SANS Soda, Warning!!! / A Must Read For Every Lady!t Is Horrible.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.