Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Gay Community Strangle Reggae Artistes Earnings - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Gay Community Strangle Reggae Artistes Earnings (1366 Views)

As India Gets First Radio Station Dedicated To Gay Community... / Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gay Community Strangle Reggae Artistes Earnings by Shinor(m): 12:03pm On Jul 06, 2006
Last Night 05/07/2006 the police in Brighton cancelled reggae artiste BUJU BANTON's concert in the heart of Brighton's gay community following protests from gays and lesbians that BUJU's lyrics encourages homophobia.
In a quick reaction the police in nearby Bournemouth also cancelled BEENIE MAN's forthcoming concert earlier slated for July 29.
The Gay and Lesbian Community are particularly vexed at BUJU's earlier big Hit BOOM BYE BYE which includes the lines,

"Is like boom bye bye inna batty bwoy* head (batty boy- lovers of rear entry)
Rude no promote no batty man dem a fe dead"

I have heard the Banton say those songs were composed in his earlier days of ignorance(not that he now supports homosexuality, JAH FORBID) but he knows better than flashing such controversial lyrics in the public domain.
Infact BUJU doesn't sing BOOM BYE BYE in any of his concerts again.
For the last or so 15 months, the gay community made it hard for reggae artistes to play outside Jamaica.
They forced Shaba to make a televised apology to the gay movement in New York.

So what de heck dem want again ?
Is like dem want de ghetto youth dem blood.
This is just a ploy to stop our talented youth dem from reach pon top.
Is Jamaican artistes today! Tomorrow they will be stopping P-SQUARE, MARVELLOUS BENJY, SHOWKEY, FACE , and all other talents from showcasing our abilities. Nuff said. Youth and Youth beware.
Nuff respec to the Anglican Community. 4ward ever!
Re: Gay Community Strangle Reggae Artistes Earnings by grafikdon: 6:33pm On Jul 25, 2006
So they want to stifle Reggae stars? I laugh because if you believe you are free to poke another dude in the rear, get ready to take criticism because many people think it is sickening. We can't all agree with homosexuals and sing the gay halleluja.

I hardly concern myself with all these gay nonsense, not a skin off my behind.
Re: Gay Community Strangle Reggae Artistes Earnings by iice(f): 4:33pm On Jul 26, 2006
Same shit everytime! Now adays artists have 2 check their lyrics so it doesnt offend the gay community, Wasn't that the whole thing with Eminem, that he was promoting homophobia and is homophobic and what does he do? Perform with the ultimate gay dude Elton John. Yes all this is nonsense but the gay community are pretty powerful in their own way oh, they can stifle growth especially when it comes to celebrities. No matter how much we want to deny it, they exist,
Re: Gay Community Strangle Reggae Artistes Earnings by Raymand(m): 7:54am On Jul 28, 2006
Bloody gays! i wish God floods this stupid earth and get rid of basterds like homosexuals! angry They make me mard!
Re: Gay Community Strangle Reggae Artistes Earnings by KD69(m): 8:35am On Jul 29, 2006
Gay jewish men are very powerful in the entertainment industry and can ef ur career up in a hot minute. They are even more powerful because they can be closeted. Dude, 30 percent of the world is gay and many of them are on this board pretending not to be. These reggae artistes are weak. If you believe in what you are singing, why would you apologise for it. Money, I suppose.
Re: Gay Community Strangle Reggae Artistes Earnings by grafikdon: 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2006
KD69:

Gay jewish men are very powerful in the entertainment industry and can ef your career up in a hot minute. They are even more powerful because they can be closeted. Dude, 30 percent of the world is gay and many of them are on this board pretending not to be. These reggae artistes are weak. If you believe in what you are singing, why would you apologise for it. Money, I suppose.

30 percent of the world is $%$#@&*^% gay? shocked You *&^%$# kidding, right? Man, you sure you ain't smoking lemon grass wrapped in dry banana leaves? That statement is even more ridiculous than saying "A COMPLETELY BALD man went to a barbershop and got a HAIRCUT".
Re: Gay Community Strangle Reggae Artistes Earnings by Seun(m): 8:58pm On Aug 05, 2006
Source, please? Thanks!
Re: Gay Community Strangle Reggae Artistes Earnings by Christino(m): 4:45pm On Aug 06, 2006
KD69:

Gay jewish men are very powerful in the entertainment industry and can ef your career up in a hot minute. They are even more powerful because they can be closeted. Dude, 30 percent of the world is gay and many of them are on this board pretending not to be. These reggae artistes are weak. If you believe in what you are singing, why would you apologise for it. Money, I suppose.

You mean 2 billion people are gay? As in the whole of China?

Common man, are you gay? if 1.5 billion people can die for their religion, you should boldly say you are gay.

Meanwhile if you said 2 billion people are Bi, then I might agree with you cos I can only speak for myself, but to tell me all those guys getting married to girls have nothing to dot dot dot. OMG! What's this world turning into?
Re: Gay Community Strangle Reggae Artistes Earnings by iice(f): 7:09am On Aug 07, 2006
There are gays who marry women just for the purpose of having a family, and yes they can bring themselves to father a child no matter how distasteful(according to them) it is having sex with a woman. . .Can't even begin to understand that part. Yes they are gays and not bisexuals
Re: Gay Community Strangle Reggae Artistes Earnings by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 07, 2006
i think thats kinda right but 30 % is too much maybe 20%
there are people who are gay who dont know they are
there are bisexuals who are gay too
there are married gays and confused ones
ther are full time gays
thank god in nigeria its not so rampant.its like 0.3% i guess
Re: Gay Community Strangle Reggae Artistes Earnings by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 07, 2006
i think thats kinda right but 30 % is too much maybe 20%
there are people who are gay who dont know they are
there are bisexuals who are gay too
there are married gays and confused ones
ther are full time gays
  thank god in nigeria its not so rampant.its like 0.3% i guess

(1) (Reply)

Free Mp3 Download / Nineteen Top Naija Artist Album. / Why Are Dancers/ Dancing Not Considered Nor Promoted In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.