Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,577 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Release Of The 200 Gigabyte Blue-ray Disc - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Release Of The 200 Gigabyte Blue-ray Disc (971 Views)

Ps3 500gb Plays Only Blue Ray Disc,need Help To Play Other Discs / Used Playstation 3 40 Gigabyte For Sale Including Fifa 10 / Gigabyte Motherboard With 2g Memory For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Release Of The 200 Gigabyte Blue-ray Disc by ogagusps3: 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2008
Hatachi is releasing the 200 gigabyte blue ray disc in 2009. Hatachi is one of the companies supporting the blue ray fomart. So all of us can start thinking of a game that MAKES USE OF 200 gigabytes. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Release Of The 200 Gigabyte Blue-ray Disc by femzy(m): 5:28pm On Sep 13, 2008
Me i still dey enjoy my catridges on my Family Comp oooo
Re: Release Of The 200 Gigabyte Blue-ray Disc by xJaysonx(m): 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2008
^^

Rofl. . .
Re: Release Of The 200 Gigabyte Blue-ray Disc by texazzpete(m): 8:34pm On Sep 13, 2008
The PS3 will not be able to read that BluRay disc, my man. In fact, its capabilities end at that 50GB bluray disk.
Re: Release Of The 200 Gigabyte Blue-ray Disc by timbabng(m): 10:08pm On Sep 13, 2008
. . . . .i hope future PS3s will be able to
Re: Release Of The 200 Gigabyte Blue-ray Disc by Shaz(f): 10:43pm On Sep 13, 2008
Cool!
Re: Release Of The 200 Gigabyte Blue-ray Disc by grock1(m): 6:15pm On Sep 14, 2008
Get ready 4 PS4 then
Re: Release Of The 200 Gigabyte Blue-ray Disc by Infoseye(m): 8:47am On Sep 16, 2008
There is always a way, its just a matter of time already there is a software that you can use to Rip and backup your Ps3 games, so its a matter of time now,
Re: Release Of The 200 Gigabyte Blue-ray Disc by texazzpete(m): 9:14am On Sep 16, 2008
Infoseye:

There is always a way, its just a matter of time already there is a software that you can use to Rip and backup your Ps3 games, so its a matter of time now,

There is NO way.
The ability to read this enhanced capacity Blu Ray disk is hardware based. The PS3 laser (and that in every bluray drive on the market now) is incapable of reading these discs, and that cannot be fixed by a software update.

timba_bng:

yeah right. so what happens to the millions of PS3s already sold?

50GB is far more than enough for any game this generation. why fall victim to the gigabyte hype?
Re: Release Of The 200 Gigabyte Blue-ray Disc by ogagusps3: 3:29pm On Sep 16, 2008
not sure if it will be readable the ps3 ill have to find out
Re: Release Of The 200 Gigabyte Blue-ray Disc by femzy(m): 5:47pm On Sep 17, 2008
ogagusps3:

not sure if it will be readable the ps3 ill have to find out

timba_bng:

g-rock:

Get ready 4 PS4 then

nop, A PS3 Slim grin grin
Re: Release Of The 200 Gigabyte Blue-ray Disc by moonraker(m): 9:01pm On Oct 05, 2008
@ texazzpete

in theory, it is possible for a ps3 to be able to read those disc. the reason is when the blu-ray players (when they newly came out) had some limitations but such limitation were overcomed by merely updating the software note; the blu ray players have ethernet sockets. so yu can connect to the internet. likewise the ps3.
so i believe sony is not that stupid. they knew that they would be creating such discs. all they need to do is to update the software
on the other hand, they could be stupid,
Re: Release Of The 200 Gigabyte Blue-ray Disc by samosward(m): 2:26am On Oct 06, 2008
Guys, is fifa 09 and Pes 09 out yet on P33 and where can I get it Talking about the Blu Ray disc, why disturbing yourself about that? Is all the games producing by Sony on PS3 more than 6GB to 10 GB? Nope! So eliminate this issue of Blu Ray or no Blu Ray and lets face the reality,
Did anyone of us hear about the World Cyber Games that took place at Ikeja last week Saturday, it was so unfortunate that I lost out of the PC fifa 08 after getting to the Quarter Final when looking forward to entering into the Semi Final, it was really painful because I lost when we were just 12 but started the whole thing when we were 96, so painful sad but its all good cos I believe God understand more better,

(1) (Reply)

Ps3 Gamers: Bioshock For Sale. / Ultimate Soccer Gaming @ Megaplaza / Uncharted 2 May Be The Greatest Game In Existence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.