Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

London - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / London (2928 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

London by beecrofty(m): 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2008
Please this is to those who lives in London, somewhere close to Oxford Circus,
A friend of mine is going to the Uk to study at a language school somewhere close to Oxford Circus and she needs to get an apartment,
Size: a room
type:student house/hostel
Budget:GBP80 weekly

Please i hope people in London can help me out, it is very Urgent, Accommodation will be needed by Sept. 25th.

Hope to hear from you all.

NB: you can mail me with details also,
Re: London by funkybaby(f): 7:32pm On Sep 13, 2008
beecrofty:

A friend of mine is going to the Uk to study at a language school somewhere close to Oxford Circus and she needs to get an apartment,
Budget:GBP80 per month

Please i hope people in London can help me out, it is very Urgent, Accommodation will be needed by Sept. 25th.

80 pounds monthly ;o shocked or do u mean weekly?

anyway, try www.gumtree.com
Re: London by agaba123(m): 7:43pm On Sep 13, 2008
lol@funky

hahahahaha. I doubt
Hardly can you get a hostel less than 10 pounds a day.

Lalalalala
Re: London by beecrofty(m): 7:47pm On Sep 13, 2008
SILLY MISTAKE,

MODIFIED ACCORDINGLY
Re: London by funkybaby(f): 8:17pm On Sep 13, 2008
agaba123:

lol@funky

hahahahaha. I doubt
Hardly can you get a hostel less than 10 pounds a day.

Lalalalala

hahahah. abi oh smiley

beecrofty:

MODIFIED ACCORDINGLY

Alright. Tell your friend to push her budget a lil higher. 80 pounds weekly in that part of london might be a lil too hard to get .
Re: London by agaba123(m): 8:34pm On Sep 13, 2008
funkybaby:

hahahah. abi oh smiley

Alright. Tell your friend to push her budget a little higher. 80 pounds weekly in that part of london might be a little too hard to get .
For central london, e go be wahala. If he gets I wonder how it will look.

@poster

Type 'cheap hostels' in central london into Google
Re: London by ty4real(m): 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2008
beecrofty:

Budget:GBP80 weekly

Is it a must that your friend gets a house close to Oxford circus?There is good tube transportation now so you will get along cause to get 80 quid per month or weekly sef for around that Oxford Circus,u go try ohhhhh!bt just as funkybaby said,try gumtree.com!
Re: London by ty4real(m): 9:13pm On Sep 13, 2008
agaba123:

For central london, e go be wahala. If he gets I wonder how it will look.

@poster

Type 'cheap hostels' in central london into Google

I wonder how it will look tooo maybe e go be like dog house but Miracles still happen sha! grin grin grin
Re: London by agaba123(m): 9:19pm On Sep 13, 2008
ty4real:

I wonder how it will look tooo maybe e go be like[b] dog house [/b] but Miracles still happen sha! grin grin grin

lol @ dog house
Re: London by ty4real(m): 9:33pm On Sep 13, 2008
agaba123:

lol @ dog house

Welll, you never can say ohhhhh!Miracles do happen he fit no be like dog house sef maybe iya charlys cat house grin grin grin
Re: London by agaba123(m): 9:40pm On Sep 13, 2008
you de craze man grin grin grin
Re: London by ty4real(m): 9:48pm On Sep 13, 2008
agaba123:

you de craze man grin grin grin

Back to sender by fire man! grin grin

No be you talk say mak the dude type cheap hostelOxford Circus for google am so sure the system will crash ,its like saying cheap room for VGC! wink wink wink
Re: London by funkybaby(f): 10:17pm On Sep 13, 2008
ty4real:

I wonder how it will look tooo maybe e go be like dog house but Miracles still happen sha! grin grin grin

agaba123:

lol @ dog house

hahahhahah

ty4real and agaba123
both of you are ''agbayas''. grin grin
she fit get cheap decent accommodation jare. she might just be lucky ! smiley
Re: London by ty4real(m): 10:22pm On Sep 13, 2008
funkybaby:

hahahhahah

ty4real and agaba123
both of you are ''agbayas''. grin grin
she fit get cheap decent accommodation jare. she might just be lucky ! smiley

Funkbaby!Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time!How are you doing?
Thats what I said Miracles do happen,the last time i checked room around for oxford circle was 250 pounds per week,so thats why I said miracles happen.
Welcome back from the vacation!Hope you enjoyed it and have you seen jennykadry?or is she on maternity leave ni?(lol) grin grin grin grin
Re: London by agaba123(m): 10:56pm On Sep 13, 2008
ty4real:

Funkbaby!Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time!How are you doing?
Thats what I said Miracles do happen,the last time i checked room around for oxford circle was 250 pounds per week,so thats why I said miracles happen.
Welcome back from the vacation!Hope you enjoyed it and have you seen[b] jennykadry[/b]?or is she on maternity leave ni?(lol) grin grin grin grin
= mesmya =rampagain
Re: London by funkybaby(f): 11:08pm On Sep 13, 2008
ty4real:

Welcome back from the vacation!Hope you enjoyed it and have you seen jennykadry?or is she on maternity leave ni?(lol) grin grin grin grin

Ty,
Lol. Yeah, long time. 'Vacation' okay! wink Lol
Jennykadry . . . Go romance. She dey there. Forever representing ! cheesy cheesy
Re: London by agaba123(m): 11:09pm On Sep 13, 2008
ok ooooh
Re: London by beecrofty(m): 8:43am On Sep 14, 2008
@All,
Ty, Agba, Funky, etc
Well atleast not a must o stay in Oxfordd, but to be closer to her school is why i asked that, but you guys stay in london, anything in Zone 1 or Zone 2 would be great, please if you know of any opening just drop the info with the train station closest to the apartment. I've talked to her about raising her budget but she says thats all shes got. Abeg no yabbing o cos it is not a laughing matter, we all know how accomodation problems are for first timers, even here in Nigeria.

Would be good if y'all have something for me today o!!!!
Re: London by femigirl(f): 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2008
if your friend wants to pay £80 a weekly that will get a room in a areas such as stockwell/vauxuall which is on the victoria line on route to oxford cirus. That the best thing but like everyone as said you are looking at over 200 per week to rent in oxford circus.
Re: London by tos(m): 3:46pm On Sep 14, 2008
If your friend do not mind, i may consider giving her a room but she will have to put up with me and my family. However, the rent per week will be 100 pounds. I have a wife and two daughters, although some of my friends do come around from time to time especially on weekends.

My house is a three bedroom bulding and its on the eastern part of London. I guess you can link Oxford Circus directly on district line/circle line. Not very sure though but i know some of my friends go to schools in that area and they've never complained of being late for classes.

You may let me know if she's interested.
Re: London by beecrofty(m): 5:57am On Sep 15, 2008
femigirl:

areas such as stockwell/vauxuall which is on the victoria line on route to oxford circus.

thank you, but how does she get free places there when she arrive.
Re: London by femigirl(f): 10:58am On Sep 15, 2008
i dont understand the question?
Re: London by beecrofty(m): 12:29pm On Sep 15, 2008
@Femigirl,
My NameSake, Abeg no mind this girl, she insists she wants a place on either the South or North London. Can you still give Help on where and how she could contact Addresses for available apartments.
"SHE DOESN'T MIND SHARING ROOMS"
Re: London by femigirl(f): 12:48pm On Sep 15, 2008
try as suuggested gumtree

http://www.gumtree.com/london/south-london-roomshare_215_1.html

lots of properties on there

or

http://www.intolondon.com/flatshare/#gm_id3

or

http://london.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/?offset=10&search_id=4086002&sort_by=age

or loot newpaper or there online services

hope this helps

is the £80 included bills or excluded?

sometimes you have to pay bills on top, so tell her to check
Re: London by busybody20: 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2008
Its diificult getting hostel accomodatuon in london (it could cost u more). If u have 2 use gumtree searching; Shine ur eyes ooo.

Would have been easier if it was Manchester, i know hostels as cheap as £3 per day! (very neat and lovely).
Re: London by kobomoje(m): 2:37am On Sep 16, 2008
Listen, houses are not cheap in central london. l'll advise her to go 2 south east (old kent rd, new cross, peckham, camberwell etc) it's easy for her getting 2 oxford circus from any of these locations, bus 453, 53 or 12 will take her dere easily. or if she prefers tube, she can link up 4rm elephant & castle station.
, 4get central london o, abi no b language d person wan come study?
Re: London by beecrofty(m): 10:58am On Sep 16, 2008
@femi, i have told her about the sites, and atleast that should help a bit,

@kobomoje than you for the Advice, shes excited at the areas but how does she ges accommodation in those mentioned areas, does she need to be in London first?

@busybody, thank you but Manchester is way far for her likeness.
Re: London by funkybaby(f): 12:52pm On Sep 16, 2008
kobomoje:

Listen, houses are not cheap in central london. l'll advise her to go 2 south east (old kent rd, new cross, peckham, camberwell etc) it's easy for her getting 2 oxford circus from any of these locations, bus 453, 53 or 12 will take her dere easily. or if she prefers tube, she can link up from elephant & castle station.
, forget central london o, abi no b language d person wan come study?

In these locations, she will be veryyyy lucky to get a place in the range of her 80pounds (i assume all bills inclusive) weekly budget. the lady just has to raise her budget higher.

tos:

If your friend do not mind, i may consider giving her a room but she will have to put up with me and my family. However, the rent per week will be 100 pounds. I have a wife and two daughters, although some of my friends do come around from time to time especially on weekends.
My house is a three bedroom bulding and its on the eastern part of London. I guess you can link Oxford Circus directly on district line/circle line. Not very sure though but i know some of my friends go to schools in that area and they've never complained of being late for classes.

Sounds like a good offer,
@poster
have you contacted TOS ?
Re: London by Busybody2(f): 5:51pm On Sep 17, 2008
tos:

A three bed[i]room[/i] building in eastern London for a mind-boggling, jaw-dropping, incredulous £100 per week wow shocked You are so generous, or is it £100 per month, double wow shocked shocked

God don butter ya bread Beecrofty, your friend does not even have to work, she can easily sublet the remaining two rooms, but that is of course if the benevolent TOS would not mind. I doubt he would mind anyway, he seems like such a nice chap.
Re: London by femigirl(f): 5:55pm On Sep 17, 2008
he said she can have one of the rooms for £100 per week not the whole house.

Credit crunch dey, how could he give the whole house for £100 per week, lol
Re: London by Busybody2(f): 6:36pm On Sep 17, 2008
femigirl:

he said she can have one of the rooms for £100 per week not the whole house.

Credit crunch dey, how could he give the whole house for £100 per week, lol

Can't you read English angry angry angry I can borrow you my yoru-english translation dictionary if you want angry angry angry

He said three bedroom building for £100 per week, how can a room in Eastern London go for £100 per week  angry angry angry Does it come with a butler and and its own roof terrace  and its own ensuite jacuzzi and sauna and spa and . . .angry angry angry

Good luck to you if you have written Nigerians off that we no longer have philanthropists individuals in our mist. But if you don't want me to vex plus you, commot for road jor and let me sing his praise cheesy tongue tongue tongue
Re: London by tos(m): 7:04pm On Sep 17, 2008
Busy Body - Please take it easy. You dont have to persecute me without asking me to provide details. The accomodation comes with a lot of things. The person is unlikely to pay anything on feeding as feeding will be provided by my wife. The tenant does not have to pay for gas, electricity, water, internet, etc, as all these have been taken care of. He/she will also have access to the computer and printer for school work as my wife is also running a degree programme. If the person is a football lover which I hope he/she would be, I have all sky and setanta channels.

By the time the tenant evaluate the cost and benefit of staying with us, i am sure he/she would be glad to have made the decision to stay with us. Please note that I am not asking anyone to stay with me because of the monetary benefit. I can afford to pay my mortgage without taking any extra from anybody. If you are not interested in the proposition, that is your decision and life goes on.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free Canadian Universities / How To Get To Creek Road Apapa From Oshodi / Mutilated Picture On My Intl Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.