Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Yahoo Banner Adverts: How Is It Done? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Yahoo Banner Adverts: How Is It Done? (1633 Views)

How To Submit Your Website/blog To Google, Bing & Yahoo / [Warning]Post Adverts On This Board & Get Banned[/Warning] / Facebook Adverts! How Effective? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahoo Banner Adverts: How Is It Done? by bug24(m): 7:15pm On Sep 15, 2008
Fellow Webmasters,
Who knows whatever about advertising on yahoo? i bet y'all know whatam talking about.

e.g, the Intercontinental Bank banner adverts you get when you are visiting your yahoo inbox.

am waiting.
Re: Yahoo Banner Adverts: How Is It Done? by naijacampu(m): 5:28pm On Sep 16, 2008
just contact yahoo to advertise I don't think yahoo have any employee in this forum.
Re: Yahoo Banner Adverts: How Is It Done? by bug24(m): 5:38pm On Sep 16, 2008
maybe u havnt heard bro.
I learnt some folks here in 9ja have the access granted to them by yahoo.
and its confirmed but they are charging exhorbitantly.
Re: Yahoo Banner Adverts: How Is It Done? by naijacampu(m): 5:43pm On Sep 16, 2008
Why not,yahoo needs cash but believe me.yahoo is the last place I will book my adverts I will advice you to try Google.I think they are mush better than Yahoo.
Re: Yahoo Banner Adverts: How Is It Done? by bug24(m): 5:55pm On Sep 16, 2008
Google right? am processing my MasterCard with UBA to that effect.
Adwords is a really nice choice.
Re: Yahoo Banner Adverts: How Is It Done? by nacom(f): 9:25am On Sep 17, 2008
For online advert banners on MSN,Yahoo and Youtube then contact SEED MEDIA (www.seedmediang.com).If i am still remember adverts to run for a month on either of MSN or Yahoo goes for close to $ 16,000.
Re: Yahoo Banner Adverts: How Is It Done? by naijacampu(m): 10:27am On Sep 17, 2008
If i am still remember adverts to run for a month on either of MSN or Yahoo goes for close to $ 16,000.
:oThis fairly large amount of money to spend for adverts and the worst is that click is not guarantee.

I will tell people a simple blakhat trick of advertising in google adword without spending mush money.
who needs??
Re: Yahoo Banner Adverts: How Is It Done? by bug24(m): 10:57am On Sep 17, 2008
Who needs?
of course i do.
why wuld someone go spend $16,600 on yahoo adverts?
Re: Yahoo Banner Adverts: How Is It Done? by olush0la(m): 11:19am On Sep 17, 2008
Use black hat methods and get blacklisted forever.
Imagine google blacklisting a URL,
'Nuff said
Re: Yahoo Banner Adverts: How Is It Done? by bug24(m): 11:23am On Sep 17, 2008
black hats method?
lets have the method explained bro.
Re: Yahoo Banner Adverts: How Is It Done? by naijacampu(m): 11:43am On Sep 17, 2008
Well it is very simple,
Advertisers a running to the help of google adsense for their online advert in other to fly away the ambitions of giant website like yahoo,msn altavista etc,
Here is some simple tricks for getting almost free adverts from google
step 1.Register with google Edword at www.google.com/adwords
step 2.Build your campaign-I hope you needs to get Nigerian Traffic?? if yes Why not choose Nigerian Traffic as the targets of your adverts.Though about 30% of Nigerians are not using Nigerian Ips but this is not a harm at all because the 70% will spread your website if it is beneficial to them.
 Step 3. Now Google will request the type of advert your need,mark PPC i.e pay per click dont use payper impression because you will be charged even if you dont get visitors.
  Step 4.The medium of advert will me requested-Here is very important Tell google you needs a banner advert! here is the deal- Go back to using adobe photoshop design a banner, Let me say the website you wanted to advertise is nairaland and it is base on Nigerian news, the do this
 A.in the first line write  WWW.NAIRALAND.COM
 B.in the second line write  MIND BLOWING NEWS AND HAPPENINGS IN NIGERIA
 C.In the third line write VISIT(not click) WWW.NAIRALAND.COM
 D.Since the banner is about Nigeria,use colour combination for Nigeria i.e Green white Green,You can use the banner background color as green and the text colour as white.If yo don't know how to do this,get and expert to do it for you.
Your banner is now ready,getthe link and pit it to google,You are there.
The Result
First You have to know that Nigerian traffic is not costly in adsence advert,it some times cost as low as $0.15 per click in google.
Secondly- You will get Less click and more visits;this is because you have added your link boldly in you advert and many people dont like leaving their present window to another visit.This will make them open a new window and manually type the URL they saw on your advert so there is nothing to pay for he visit because there is no click.

Some people use this trick in driving traffic from Nigerian website especially nairaland,one of the website is NIGERIA BEST FORUM.

HOPE THIS HELPS??
Re: Yahoo Banner Adverts: How Is It Done? by naijacampu(m): 11:47am On Sep 17, 2008
Use black hat methods and get blacklisted forever.
Imagine google blacklisting a URL,
'Nuff said

Better let's call it whitehat but it is trickish,isin't it??
Re: Yahoo Banner Adverts: How Is It Done? by bug24(m): 11:51am On Sep 17, 2008
does this attract any penalties from google if discovered?
Re: Yahoo Banner Adverts: How Is It Done? by naijacampu(m): 11:56am On Sep 17, 2008
Take this advert running in this forum a example:

does this attract any penalties from google if discovered?
No,it is not.It is not illegal-forgive me for using the word "blackhat"
Re: Yahoo Banner Adverts: How Is It Done? by bug24(m): 12:01pm On Sep 17, 2008
Okay, tanks for the tips
but the bottom point is still that u have to pay,
anything like bypassing the payment?
Re: Yahoo Banner Adverts: How Is It Done? by naijacampu(m): 12:10pm On Sep 17, 2008
Not for now,I don't think there will be.
Re: Yahoo Banner Adverts: How Is It Done? by sleekdude1(m): 3:06am On Sep 24, 2008
GUYS, say i want to see that nairalands banner on google, how do i get to see it?where do i go, how do i navigate through in order to view it?
Re: Yahoo Banner Adverts: How Is It Done? by bug24(m): 9:16am On Sep 24, 2008
bro, you question is not too clear.
reconstruct it pls and lets see if we can help out.
Re: Yahoo Banner Adverts: How Is It Done? by sleekdude1(m): 3:20pm On Sep 24, 2008
here is a reconstruction 4 u- now, u see this Nairaland banner below this room(what you are reading now),? good, well, my question is,where do i have to go in google search to see it,since that dude says it aids traffic
Re: Yahoo Banner Adverts: How Is It Done? by bug24(m): 3:39pm On Sep 24, 2008
That is called Google Adwords, http://www.adwords.google.com/
its an advert by google, u go there, register, pay and configure what u want your advert to look like.
Then u choose the zone you want the ads to appear in,

any website where you have adsense enabled in Nigeria (or depending on the zone u chose) your website ad will be displayed.
people tend to visit your website from all around the nation.

I hope this is what u wanna hear?
Re: Yahoo Banner Adverts: How Is It Done? by sleekdude1(m): 9:47am On Sep 25, 2008
well, it certainly did. Thanks a bunch. iS But is there any other means of advertising a website?

thanks for your response anyways

(1) (Reply)

Help Me All Webmaster Oooo / Serial Keys And Installation Codes For Software / Premium Blogger Template For Sale From Themeforest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.