Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,312 members, 7,822,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (6403 Views)

Poll: Will you purchase PES 2009 when it comes out?

YES: 76% (13 votes)
NO: 23% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

DOWNLOAD.[PC Multi] Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 – RELOADED + Language Packs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by disease(m): 12:01pm On Sep 16, 2008
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 published by Konami comes out on 30th October 2008 on PS2, PS3, XBox360, and PSP.

Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by A2J(m): 12:03pm On Sep 16, 2008
men, cant wait for it to come out on psp o, best soccer game
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by jchublue: 1:13pm On Sep 17, 2008
FANTASTIC GAME. i hope it will be muh better than PES 2008 though
The problem is how I can buy it in Lagos, Nigeria. I am sure when it comes out, there will be no way to get it on its release date in Nigeria.
Pls is anyone bringing any PES 2009 for Xbox 360 when it comes out. i need one to purchase in Nigeria
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by gabelogan(m): 11:26pm On Sep 19, 2008
jchublue:

FANTASTIC GAME. i hope it will be muh better than PES 2008 though
The problem is how I can buy it in Lagos, Nigeria. I am sure when it comes out, there will be no way to get it on its release date in Nigeria.
Please is anyone bringing any PES 2009 for Xbox 360 when it comes out. i need one to purchase in Nigeria

if you have a credit card/debit card, you can go to amazon and pre-order it. it cost bout 39.99 pounds.

personally, i dont think the game is goin be significantly better than pes8. those developers have ran out of ideas. if you look at the game's trend over the years, there has been very little addition to the gameplay or features, they have been generic.
i find this hard to say but fifa is beginning to catch up, and fast. those guys at konami better do something radical to the pes franchise
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by dinozzo(m): 4:14pm On Sep 20, 2008
I'm just waiting for the demo to come out so that I can actually judge for myself but with the gameplay I have seen so far it appears to be the same with the one of last year where online gaming was very bad among other flaws. The good news I've heard concerning this year's edition is that Konami got the rights for the uefa champion league.
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by A2J(m): 8:24pm On Sep 20, 2008
gabe_logan:

if you have a credit card/debit card, you can go to amazon and pre-order it. it cost bout 39.99 pounds.

personally, i don't think the game is goin be significantly better than pes8. those developers have ran out of ideas. if you look at the game's trend over the years, there has been very little addition to the gameplay or features, they have been generic.
i find this hard to say but fifa is beginning to catch up, and fast. those guys at konami better do something radical to the pes franchise

Do you mean they will ship it down to Nigeria? if yes, men i go dey use that service o
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by lalaboi(m): 10:39pm On Sep 21, 2008
best ever!! cnt wait as well! its 24 october i think! hope theres online play in psp! pes08 was shit psp no online play! dat was dissapointing! hope its sorted out now !!

BTW, fifa is shit!!!!
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by swater(m): 9:57am On Sep 22, 2008
[b]Yeah, so what up, people,
i beg i want make you give me the website that i can download this thing, to my mobile phone,
ok, this is my e-mail address, or you can chat with me at
Lanreabokede@yahoo.com
wish to hear from you soon,
cause i have 2008 on my own phone, and i did not have 2009
so i will ike you to help me with that?
[/b][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by jchublue: 12:03pm On Sep 22, 2008
Amazon doesnt deliver video games, CDs or software to Nigeria, sadly. Thank u Yahoo boys!

i am sure that there has to be a way to get the games in Lagos.

Besides from what i have read and seen so far, PES 2009 is going to be ace and much better than PES 2008 which was the worst PES ever. Konami has secured the Champions League license for this installment. You can play CL football and have teams come out to the official CL anthem and use the balls and logo's on their jerseys. Ace!
Also the online lag problem is supposed to have been fixed. The gameplay has been tweaked to reduce players just breezing past tackles and players like Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Messi being invincible. U can check the gameplay on youtube or go to www.pesfan.com to see pictures, videos, screen-shots and features on the new game.

Pls if anyone is travelling to Jand around October, and is bringing PES 2009 to sell for Xbox 360, pls holla.
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by disease(m): 12:25pm On Sep 22, 2008
@s_water
PES 2009 will be available on Mobile a week after its official release date.
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by Bobbyb(m): 8:04pm On Sep 24, 2008
I just hp the R2 shot technique will not be soo unrealistic lyk that of pro 2008
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by Bobbyb(m): 8:08pm On Sep 24, 2008
Guys jst check out 4 ronaldo and torres in pro 2009 deadly they will be 4 sure, and fabregas and joe cole more abilities 4 sure.
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by texazzpete(m): 3:05pm On Sep 26, 2008
Press play tests of the game reveal that the thing is still far behind FIFA when it comes to graphics.

lluckily, the gameplay is said to have been improved from pes2008
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by lalaboi(m): 1:19pm On Sep 27, 2008
guyzz i just saw something!

therees gona be an online play of 10/10 players on fifa 09

will there be something like on pro?

anyone knows?
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by Sauron1: 11:44pm On Oct 04, 2008
texazzpete:

Press play tests of the game reveal that the thing is still far behind FIFA when it comes to graphics.

You can say that again. . . . .

I have lost faith completely in Konami.
PES games are just rubbish since Pro Evo 6.
I copped FIFA 09 yesterday and the graphics are classical.
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by Nobody: 4:16am On Oct 05, 2008
I am getting Fifa this year as the reviews have been very good. I played the demo of pes 2009 yesterday, not much difference from last year, it appears more smooth though. Fifa just seems to be the better game now. Seabass and Konami have lost the plot in new generation consoles, maybe PES 2009 might turn out to be better but its FIFA 09 for me this year. I can always get PES later on when the price drops, if it turns out to be very good.

lalaboi:

guyzz i just saw something!

therees gona be an online play of 10/10 players  on fifa 09

will there be something like on pro?

anyone knows?
not a chance in hell man. The new features  I know of will be the champions league with fully licensed teams and Be a legend which is like the Be a pro on fifa
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by samosward(m): 3:10am On Oct 06, 2008
I think FIFA has been the best game since 2007 but was a bit disappointed in the FIFA 08 edition on PC because the movement isn't has flexible has PES 08 but FIFA 08 on PS3 is actually one of the best game so fast, nice movement, dribbling and so on,
I hope the FIFA 09 on PC and PS3 would be better than that of 08, mind telling me where I can get FIFA 09 on pC from ,
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by disease(m): 3:06pm On Oct 21, 2008
Check out this gameplay video of PES 2009 on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MLV_uNp7ps
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by lexyman(m): 12:43pm On Oct 22, 2008
PES 2009 IS FANTASTIC , CALL LEXYMAN ON 08023321050 TO GET A COPY ON PS3 , PSP ,PS2 AND XBOX360 PES ARE YET TO BE AVAILABLE
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by tboy1(m): 5:25pm On Oct 23, 2008
Is it just me or does another other person felt like they got bleeped by konami!!!! Bloody Hell!!!

This game is the same as 2008 and here is a list of the problems i have with the stupid ass game so far:
> Slighty better graphics than the last one (although its still shit in my own opinion for a ps3 game)
> Updated players to new teams was not even done properly e.g senderous still in arsenal team,berbatov still in tottenham, robinho still in real madrid etc
> Still only got a few licensed teams and stadiums which so bleeping annoying considering its meant to be the best soccer game
>Playing online is just as bad as last time
>The gameplay is ridiculously awful, not free flowing, slow.
>Not realistic. Which defender do you know thats faster than walcott? well you'll see alot once you play this game
> The stupid 'x' button doesnt really seem to work because i can't do SHIT, the game doesnt seem to put pressure on the other team, all i do when i use the x button is give the other team free kicks
> Refs: any slight contact and you will get sent off or at least a yellow, thats why i don't even bother tackling the other player around the box 18, which is kind of annoying
> Commentators and the plastic crowd are just the usual rubbish - same as 2008

and ohh yeah, the music is still rubbish!!!
Looks like i aint going to be playing much soccer video game for a while because with all this flaws,
FIFA is just as bad tongue tongue
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by texazzpete(m): 6:26pm On Oct 23, 2008
The truth is, we're no willing to face facts.

Konami lost the plot with Pro Evo Soccer. How is it possible for a company to churn out stunning graphics in Metal Gear solid 4, yet recycle the same old crap this year for PES? Minor visual upgrades, crappy crowds, same old awful music etc. In short, this blows.

It should still be a good game, but from reviews i've read, FIFA 09 should be the better game.
samosward:

I think FIFA has been the best game since 2007 but was a bit disappointed in the FIFA 08 edition on PC because the movement isn't has flexible has PES 08

FIFA 08 PC version was based on the PS2 version, not the next gen PS3 and 360 version. That was why it sucked. This year, EA did not make that mistake. FIFA 09 on PC will look and play exactly the same as on the PS3
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:13am On Oct 24, 2008
IF you want real simulation style football Pro Evolution 2009 wins hands down.
IF you want arcade style football then go for FIFA 09
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by tboy1(m): 11:46am On Oct 24, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

IF you want real simulation style football Pro Evolution 2009 wins hands down.
IF you want arcade style football then go for FIFA 09

Simulation ko, Massage ni!!!
Im a die hard pes fan since ISS on super nintendo, but konami messed up big time with pes08/09 and its so annoying because its on ps3
please lets tell it like it is. PES09 is WACK, when i play it - nothing like simulation comes to mind
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by sniperwolf(m): 10:00pm On Oct 28, 2008
I don't think there'll be much difference betwen the PES8 and PES9. On the PS2 console. But for the PS3 i think they really got to work on the graphics 'cos that of PES8 on PS3 sucks. And for the PSP they may add the commentary 'cos that's the only reason why the FIFA08 out-ranked PES08. Be that as it may, I'll stick to FIFA. FIFA09 will be out anytime soon, if at all it's not out yet
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by disease(m): 2:34pm On Nov 01, 2008
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 will be released in North America on 13th November 2008.
While it has already been released in Europe on October 17 2008.
It will be available on PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, XBox360, PC Windows, and Mobile.

For information on licensed teams and stadiums go to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2009

Image courtesy http://www.gamefly.com

Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by lexyman(m): 5:19pm On Nov 01, 2008
PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2009 FOR PS3 NOW AT HAND FOR IMMEDIATE DISPATCH AND DELIVERY,
SHARE D XMAS FUN,

CONTACT LEXYMAN ON 08023321050
OR SEN EMAIL TO LEXYDAV@YAHOO.CO.UK

Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 08, 2008
Make those boys 4 Alaba quickly create the pirated version jare let's try and see if the game go tap lo titi, PES2008 na just fool-- enuf silly tins during gameplay.
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by iykedee: 12:42pm On Nov 14, 2008
I really like the way konami have ramped up the difficulty in top player, now it feels like a real match with more reasonable scorelines. Tha said, in an attempt to make the players less superhuman, they kinda made it unrealistic, almost any defender can match any almost any attacker for speed.

Overall, it's a more decent job than last years pitiful attempt.
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by lalaboi(m): 9:17pm On Nov 16, 2008
becoming a legend on this game is just amazing!! never seen somn like it b4!

i know play for manchester united, as a striker
won the champions league and premier league with them
won african nations cup with nigeria
best player of the tournament
helped naija qualify for world cup.
best player of the qualifying round

and am still 22 years! lol! i will finish this game till i cnt play no more!
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by sniperwolf(m): 8:20am On Nov 18, 2008
Guy PES2009 has some nice feature like the sound and gameplay. Indeed there are so many differences between PES2008 and PES2009. You guys should go and try it out. I'm talking about the PS2 console. Have not tried it in PS3, cos the CD is damn too expensive
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by follypimpi(m): 11:49pm On Dec 11, 2008
i play is almost everyday,it's quite awesome.u will need direction to score any goal but man utd,barcelona and chelsea r the strongest in game and i play online all da time.
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 by otokx(m): 1:08pm On Dec 20, 2008
Still checking it out.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Building A Gaming Pc / PES Not Working With My PC Gamepad-help!! / Pes Vs Realfootball Vs Fifa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.