Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,001 members, 7,835,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Best Mobile Phone And Network For Business Use? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Best Mobile Phone And Network For Business Use? (2362 Views)

Best Mobile Apps For Students / Best Mobile Browser For Downloading Movies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Mobile Phone And Network For Business Use? by Seun(m): 4:14pm On Jul 08, 2006
Hello,

I think I need a functioning mobile phone. My MTEL line isn't reliable so I tend to switch it off!

The problem is this: I want a cost-effective phone as well as a GSM/CDMA network that will serve me well as a businessman. I want low cost but I also want some features and flexibility.

I need a mobile phone network with:
- Low call rates for local (and maybe international) calls.
- Very low monthly maintenance cost and very long validity periods per recharge.
- Affordable phone browsing (GPRS?) so I can access my website on the road - optional.

My ideal phone would support the above features as well as:
- Voice recording
- Effortless transfer of data to and from a PC (USB?)
- Playing of MP3 Music tracks and listening with an earphone.

Which Nigerian phone network do you think I should choose? What about the phone?

Thanks a million!
Re: Best Mobile Phone And Network For Business Use? by diddy4(m): 4:23pm On Jul 08, 2006
to be honest with you, the best phone you need for all that wont be cheap at all especially if you really wann@ enjoy the browsing and stuff. i did tell you to go for a blackberry, a treo or a palm one.

those are the business phones i know for now. mtn or glo should suit your call needs. when i was in naija, i used glo for both international and local calls and even browsing and it didnt cost me that much.
Re: Best Mobile Phone And Network For Business Use? by Shinor(m): 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2006
GLO, need i say more?
Re: Best Mobile Phone And Network For Business Use? by naijacutee(f): 7:54pm On Jul 08, 2006
Get an o2 XDA 2s or a similar Smartphone. It looks good as well!
Re: Best Mobile Phone And Network For Business Use? by Badman888(m): 7:58pm On Jul 08, 2006
Blackberry, Treo, I-mate would be good, but the problem is that the networks, you wont be able to use alot of the functions due to the wireless networks in Nigeria, for Network i guess you should go for Glo,
Re: Best Mobile Phone And Network For Business Use? by imate: 12:28am On Jul 09, 2006
naijacutee:

Get an o2 XDA 2s or a similar Smartphone. It looks good as well!

Can a this phone dual GSM/CDMA networks on it and the same time?
Re: Best Mobile Phone And Network For Business Use? by kheme(m): 10:35am On Jul 09, 2006
For the Network, GLOBACOM
For the cell phone, NOKIA N90
Re: Best Mobile Phone And Network For Business Use? by Seun(m): 1:40pm On Jul 09, 2006
kheme, why Globacom? Thanks.

others, I'll look at the blackberry, Treo, palm, and those other phones you mentioned. Are they expensive? shocked

I'm also considering Multilinks for the affordability:
Local Calls (NITEL & PTO's): N 6.50
National Calls: Within Zone N 12.00 Outside Zone N 22.00
GSM Calls: N 20.00
International Calls: As per new Nitel Rate

Unfortunately, they also have
- A monthly subscription fee of 1,000 naira
- A choice of only two mobile phones: Nokia 3520 (N10k), Nokia 6360 (N21k)
Re: Best Mobile Phone And Network For Business Use? by Badman888(m): 1:44pm On Jul 09, 2006
yea Multilinks have cheap calling rates, but do they have GPRS/WAP thats another questions
and about the price of blackberry, Treo emm they dont come cheap. grin
Re: Best Mobile Phone And Network For Business Use? by drogba(m): 2:59pm On Jul 09, 2006
I'll advise you go for Vmobile since they currently running their free gprs promo, validity and access is good too. Another network you could use is MTN but the settings for free gprs is not available for everyone.

As per the phone, The cheapest walkman with earphone, voice recording and USB mass storage support should be Sonyericsson k750i (with 64mb memory stick), but it's limited with only java support of which you could download operamini for fast web browsing.
Re: Best Mobile Phone And Network For Business Use? by kheme(m): 6:43pm On Jul 09, 2006
I've carried out a market research and GLOBACOM's dat best for business! they give great discounts at the end of the month! if you can make enough calls (i've forgotten how much) the discount they'll give is enough to cover you for the next month!!! Plus all the other services! i mean, they have WAP, MMS, email to SMS and vise versa, so, why not GLO
Re: Best Mobile Phone And Network For Business Use? by twinkledew(f): 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2006
get the Nokia 7380a. it's very cool. that is what i am using at the moment
Re: Best Mobile Phone And Network For Business Use? by rajat: 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2006
<a href="http://www.linktelecom.co.uk" target="_blank">Business Mobile Phone</a>
operators' trade body, the GSM Association, said that its members were already introducing price cuts and lower tariffs that would bring down the average cost of a roaming call within the EU by about 40%.
Re: Best Mobile Phone And Network For Business Use? by rajat: 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2006
<a href="http://www.linktelecom.co.uk" target="_blank">Business Mobile Phone</a>
operators' trade body, the GSM Association, said that its members were already introducing price cuts and lower tariffs that would bring down the average cost of a roaming call within the EU by about 40%.

Have a look at the site which provides comparison of all networks
Re: Best Mobile Phone And Network For Business Use? by hayprof(m): 3:45pm On Jul 26, 2006
A Smartphone is what u really need since u want things on the Go!
Network:Vmobile is cool at the moment but we all know the business-men in naija do go for and use MTN. isnt it?

(1) (Reply)

For Sefan Only (sonyericsson Fan) / 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) / Download New Pes 20014.apk For Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.