Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,137 members, 7,953,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:41 PM

Is #677,000 In My Bank Statement Enough For Me To Apply For UK Tourist Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is #677,000 In My Bank Statement Enough For Me To Apply For UK Tourist Visa (1633 Views)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Uk Visa Bank Statement Wahala! In Need Help / How Much Bank Statement Do You Need For Non Immigrant Visa To Yankee? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is #677,000 In My Bank Statement Enough For Me To Apply For UK Tourist Visa by babalase(m): 8:12pm On Sep 18, 2008
I am a civil servant and i earn #58,000 monthly,please presently i have #677,000 in my savings account which is the same account i use as my salary account,now i want to apply for u.k tourist visa is that amount ok for presentation at the u.k embassy?
Re: Is #677,000 In My Bank Statement Enough For Me To Apply For UK Tourist Visa by megastu(m): 11:32am On Sep 19, 2008
It is ok to present, but it is not a guarantee that the visa would be issued. Make sure you present evidence of all other source of income apart from your salary.
Re: Is #677,000 In My Bank Statement Enough For Me To Apply For UK Tourist Visa by tos(m): 1:23pm On Sep 19, 2008
I hope you are not telling them in your application that you have only one source of income (i.e. your N58k job)? I can assure you that the ECO will not even blink twice before refusing you the visa.

I don't believe N58k per month is what accumulated to be over N600k. I'm sure any reasonable person will think likewise. You must show all the sources of income to make your case stronger. If they are not sure about the source of whatever amount you have in your account, they might think that you boosted your account balance for the purpose of the visa application.

The first time I apply for a UK visa, I had about N50k only in my account. However, i presented evidence such as payslips and letter of employment to show that i earn far more than that amount every month. I got the visa without any problem.

However, having huge amount in your account does not guarantee a visa.
Re: Is #677,000 In My Bank Statement Enough For Me To Apply For UK Tourist Visa by Tats(m): 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2008
tos:

I hope you are not telling them in your application that you have only one source of income (i.e. your N58k job)? I can assure you that the ECO will not even blink twice before refusing you the visa.

I don't believe N58k per month is what accumulated to be over N600k. I'm sure any reasonable person will think likewise. You must show all the sources of income to make your case stronger. If they are not sure about the source of whatever amount you have in your account, they might think that you boosted your account balance for the purpose of the visa application.

The first time I apply for a UK visa, I had about N50k only in my account. However, i presented evidence such as payslips and letter of employment to show that i earn far more than that amount every month. I got the visa without any problem.

However, having huge amount in your account does not guarantee a visa.

Neither will (for instance) stating over £1000 on your application form that you will be spending within a period of about 2 weeks also give you the visa. You may be denied on the basis of the amount you put! The thinking could be that why would someone who earns about £250 a month want to spend about or over 4 times that amount in about 2 weeks? That is already about 4 months salary. It may make sense to you as we know that Nigerians usually save a lot of money to use or spend when they travel, but it will not make sense to the Officers who assess your application.

@TOS,
He could be an ardent saver and has saved up N600k from his N58k/month over a relatively short period. Or he may have started saving over a long period until now. Have you not worked with colleagues who earned a similar salary as you, but have saved up over 2 or 3 times your savings? I have seen it before!
Re: Is #677,000 In My Bank Statement Enough For Me To Apply For UK Tourist Visa by tos(m): 3:37pm On Sep 19, 2008
Yes, I have seen such. But does it mean the ECO will see it that way?

Mathematically, to have N600k from a N50k salary either means you have been saving for 12 months without spending any part of your monthly salary or you have been saving for a long time.

That is the way the think.
Re: Is #677,000 In My Bank Statement Enough For Me To Apply For UK Tourist Visa by babalase(m): 12:47pm On Sep 20, 2008
My fellow nairalanders,thanks for your quick response,i will go to dubai rather than get my passport stamped by one stupid eco,cos i dont know how to conveince an eco that apart from my monthly salary,i collect EGUNJE steadily.
Re: Is #677,000 In My Bank Statement Enough For Me To Apply For UK Tourist Visa by babalase(m): 12:48pm On Sep 20, 2008
My fellow nairalanders,thanks for your quick response,i will go to dubai rather than get my passport stamped by one stupid eco,cos i dont know how to conveince an eco that apart from my monthly salary,i collect EGUNJE steadily.
Re: Is #677,000 In My Bank Statement Enough For Me To Apply For UK Tourist Visa by Godalone(m): 1:21pm On Sep 20, 2008
babalase:

My fellow nairalanders,thanks for your quick response,i will go to dubai rather than get my passport stamped by one stupid eco,because i[b] don't know how to conveince an eco that apart from my monthly salary,i collect EGUNJE steadily[/b].
Lol.
Re: Is #677,000 In My Bank Statement Enough For Me To Apply For UK Tourist Visa by vikiviko(m): 2:14pm On Sep 20, 2008
@babalase

My fellow nairalanders,thanks for your quick response,i will go to dubai rather than get my passport stamped by one stupid eco,because i don't know how to conveince an eco that apart from my monthly salary,i collect EGUNJE steadily.

You are funny.
I think the balance is not a problem.
The issue most likely to be raised is the origin of funds.
Even your employment with salary slip might not be enough eveidence.
So the onus is show you accrued that balance in your account.

You could give it a try.

But this Eco's could be so generous.
Re: Is #677,000 In My Bank Statement Enough For Me To Apply For UK Tourist Visa by damola1: 7:40pm On Sep 20, 2008
Simply state it there that you collect "EGUNJE"

You think they don't know, Just tell them the truth, and u will be in uk before u know it.
Re: Is #677,000 In My Bank Statement Enough For Me To Apply For UK Tourist Visa by debosky(m): 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2008
damola1:

You think they don't know, Just tell them the truth, and u will be in uk before u know it.
grin grin grin

see people like babaegunje wey dey spoil naija angry
Re: Is #677,000 In My Bank Statement Enough For Me To Apply For UK Tourist Visa by Tats(m): 12:24am On Sep 21, 2008
damola1:

Yeah, only if they give him the chance to speak. Otherwise, the outcome will be decided without even seeing him.

(1) (Reply)

Studies Leading To Master Degree Free In Finland, Norway, Sweden / Fg Extends Deadline On Mr Passport To April 30, 2011 / Travel To Europe For Schooling Or Contiune With My HND

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.