Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Beware Of Slice Fruits - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Beware Of Slice Fruits (3005 Views)

Medical Students Slice Off Baby's Penis Instead Of Umbilical Cord / Medical Students Slice New Born Baby’s Penis While Cutting Umbilical Cord(photo / 5 Things You Must Know About Bread Before Taking The Next Slice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Slice Fruits by chusben(m): 2:48pm On Sep 19, 2008
It's in Nigeria - Lagos
A 10yr. old boy had eaten pineapple about 15 days back and fell sick from the day he had eaten. Later when he had his health check done, doctors diagnosed that he had AIDS. His parents couldn't believe it, Then the entire family under went a check up, none of them suffered from AIDS, so the doctors checked again with the boy if he had eaten out. The boy said ''yes''. He had pineapple that evening and immediately a group from the hospital went to the pineapple vendor to check. They found the pineapple seller had a cut on his finger while cutting the pineapple., his blood had spread into the fruit. When they had his blood checked, the guy was suffering from AIDS, but he himself was NOT aware. Please take care while you eat on the road side particularly oranges, mangoes, water mellon etc.
Re: Beware Of Slice Fruits by steaming(f): 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2008
Though i have no proof or heard of this before, i have always avoided all these peeled fruits hawkers sell.

For one, most of them never get to wash thier hands while doing this. On one occasion, i saw a hausa mallam pause while cutting pawpaw, dug his nose ferousiously, instantly rubbed the finger on this shokoto and continued with the pawpaw peeling. And somebody will come buy and eat.

My candid advice never buy all those peeled anything even those knives/razors they use for oranges and the rest, they use them to remove dirts from their fingers.

Did i hear somebody say dirty no dey kill African man?

BEWARE
Re: Beware Of Slice Fruits by tollu: 4:25pm On Sep 19, 2008
How possible is this?

Didn't I read somewhere that the virus can't stay in open air for more than a few seconds?
and that you can't know your HIV status within a short period (15 days!) haba

If u had said sth else, maybe cholera or so, I just might have actually believed this story.
Re: Beware Of Slice Fruits by richdadeze(m): 7:54pm On Sep 19, 2008
Actually, it is not possible to know if one has this infection within such a short period of time. However, one thing I can pick out from this story is that we should be mindful about what we eat, and that to me, it is not a bad advice.
Re: Beware Of Slice Fruits by jummiee(f): 10:26pm On Sep 19, 2008
chus-ben:

It's in Nigeria - Lagos
A 10yr. old boy had eaten pineapple about 15 days back and fell sick from the day he had eaten. Later when he had his health check done, doctors diagnosed that he had AIDS. His parents couldn't believe it, Then the entire family under went a check up, none of them suffered from AIDS, so the doctors checked again with the boy if he had eaten out. The boy said ''yes''. He had pineapple that evening and immediately a group from the hospital went to the pineapple vendor to check. They found the pineapple seller had a cut on his finger while cutting the pineapple., his blood had spread into the fruit. When they had his blood checked, the guy was suffering from AIDS, but he himself was NOT aware. Please take care while you eat on the road side particularly oranges, mangoes, water mellon etc.

If the above is true, then that is very sad, feel for the boy's family, what a tragedy.
Re: Beware Of Slice Fruits by ifyalways(f): 10:05pm On Sep 20, 2008
This story is NOT true,haba shocked shocked shocked
Agreed ,one should be careful of what one eats but HIV,oooooh ! NO way,we are not fools angry angry angry
Re: Beware Of Slice Fruits by LadyT(f): 10:10pm On Sep 20, 2008
Hygiene will be a problem but I doubt you can get HIV!
Re: Beware Of Slice Fruits by TOYOSI20(f): 11:27pm On Sep 20, 2008
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked embarassed undecided
Re: Beware Of Slice Fruits by whiteroses(f): 2:21am On Sep 21, 2008
i beleive a lot of lies you guys feed us but not this one, thank you. _PASS
so you mean HIV virus survived on pineaple yh right and i had a bubble bath with 9ice last night
hmm i love this poster he is an articulate liar illustrator, "a group from the hospital went to the vendor" i can't imagine doctor's and nurses surveying the sellers finger in the busy streets of lagos grin
Re: Beware Of Slice Fruits by chusben(m): 3:16pm On Sep 21, 2008
All you need is to advice yourself and those around you wether you believe it or not.
Re: Beware Of Slice Fruits by Livvvvy(f): 12:16pm On Sep 22, 2008
I had seen a post like this before, but it was rather suya not pinapple,

Well, such story isnt true at all, except for the fact that the little boy may have contacted HIV through some other means some time ago.

Well, for personal hygiene, i dont subscribe to people buying fruits from all this hawkers along our streets.
Re: Beware Of Slice Fruits by titilaelae(f): 11:37am On Sep 24, 2008
Yes, i also read the stuff on suya which I equally found  incredible. undecided

Insert Quote    Posted by: steaming 
Though i have no proof or heard of this before, i have always avoided all these peeled fruits hawkers sell.

For one, most of them never get to wash their hands while doing this. On one occasion, i saw a hausa mallam pause while cutting pawpaw, dug his nose ferousiously, instantly rubbed the finger on this shokoto and continued with the pawpaw peeling. And somebody will come buy and eat.

It's not  only sliced fruits that are unhygienic, in fact, any food sold  in white nylon - bread, groundnuts, granulated sugar etc - fall victim of droplets from dirty sellers who must  first blow air into the nylon before scooping the item into the nylon for sale. I've seen this several times and no matter the hunger/temptation I don't buy such stuff on retail. The air-blowing has become a habit those people can't stop. Instead of rubbing the nylon with their palms to open it, they must spit grin their TB saliva into it to create space shocked shocked I tire o cry                And to think some people go to the extent of buying salad from these unyiegienic sources - I see them in Oshodi, dirty as that place is, I weep for my people cry cry cry cry
Re: Beware Of Slice Fruits by capsmo(m): 4:23pm On Sep 24, 2008
what a cock and bull story!
Re: Beware Of Slice Fruits by Nobody: 12:53am On Sep 25, 2008
capsmo:

what a cock and bull story!
calm down.
This may be true.
Nothing is impossible.
Poster's just advising you to be careful.
It's better to get al little advice/preventions here and there, than to never hear anything at all undecided
Re: Beware Of Slice Fruits by ifyalways(f): 1:50am On Sep 25, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

calm down.
This may be true.
Nothing is impossible.
Poster's just advising you to be careful.
It's better to get al little advice/preventions here and there, than to never hear anything at all undecided
[
This is totally impossible ! ! !
There is a difference btw advicing one to be careful and cooking up an absolutely impossible story !
what the OP did was to cook up some pish posh.getting HIV via sliced fruits? shocked shocked lol what was the causative agent then?lmao
BTW kedu?
Re: Beware Of Slice Fruits by Nobody: 2:22am On Sep 25, 2008
ifyalways:

between kedu?
I'm fine. thanks kiss

No, but blood droplet is another way a person can invite HIV
Re: Beware Of Slice Fruits by ifyalways(f): 1:37pm On Sep 25, 2008
O di nma.
Blood droplets between two individuals You meant?.Assuming the pineapple hawker cut his fingers and bleed while peeling the pineapple(and hes positive to HIV),there is no way any eater of such pineapple would get HIV,it didnt and wont get to the blood stream of the eater.HIV infection are transported in the blood streams or direct blood contact of two people not one,infact there is no blood contact whatsoever in this case so i still maintain that its a cock and bull story.Even my folks in the village wont fall for that crap ! lol
Re: Beware Of Slice Fruits by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 27, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin yea, I guess smiley
Re: Beware Of Slice Fruits by Akinagirl(f): 4:53am On Sep 28, 2008
That is impossible. The virus cannot survive in open air for more than a few seconds. You cant get it from kissing, hugging or eating Fruit form a person with AIDS. However, you can get Hepatitis. Are you sure it wasn't hepatitis the boy had?
Re: Beware Of Slice Fruits by vvvjustice: 8:34am On Sep 30, 2008
chus-ben:

It's in Nigeria - Lagos
    If there is a moderator in this section, please, this childish tale thread should be deleted.   
@ ALL, IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO CONTACT THE HIV VIRUS IN THIS WAY, so, this story is an absolute lie
    Reason: Like a (water-dwelling) mosquito Tadpole (or larval) that dies in few seconds when exposed in open air, the HIV virus also needs a host to survive, it can only survive from a host to a host; that means, it has to be transmitted from one live body fluids like the blood streams, semens or breast milk to another of such. It can not survive on "peeled fruits", it just doesn't happen that way.
   Besides, the poster has to work on his awareness and acknowledge the difference between HIV and AIDS before coming up with an unfounded story as such.
Re: Beware Of Slice Fruits by whiteroses(f): 8:36pm On Oct 01, 2008
peoples i was also sceptical about this story and didn't beleive it, but lets sway it and just pretend the story is not there but focus on the fact that HIV is real, victims could not beleive it could happen to them either until it hits them, especially us girls, most sufferes are black women, even though they contacted it from men, its because generally women are much more than men and men could be sleeping with more than 20 women in a year lol, anyway beware of slice fruits HIV AIDS

Re: Beware Of Slice Fruits by yomtolly(f): 1:24pm On Oct 24, 2012
The story sound somehow.
Re: Beware Of Slice Fruits by dominique(f): 10:43pm On Oct 24, 2012
There are many other ways this poster can educate us that aids is real and discourage us from eating sliced fruits. But he choose to feed us this load of hogwash.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do I Keep Getting Boils On My Private Part, Top Reasons / Goron Tula - The Miracle Fruit And Health Benefits / How To Naturally Handle Constipation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.