Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House (3235 Views)

Poll: Which One Rewards Viewers?

Grey's Hnatomy: 45% (5 votes)
House: 27% (3 votes)
Strong medicine: 9% (1 vote)
Scrubs: 9% (1 vote)
Other: 9% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Shock As Grey’s Anatomy Kills Off Derek Shepherd / See What Was Found In Lagos Cinema After 50 Shades Of Grey Movie ..lol / Do You Watch Grey's Anatomy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by Joseph6(m): 11:05pm On Sep 22, 2008
well i took some people's advice and i watched house, i'm still regrettin and i also bought grey's anatomy, the difference is clear and perhaps that house isint worth hyping, hours on end filled with thrashy neurosurgery and crappy personal lives infact i'll take scrubs anyday. Grey's anatomy rocks, the grey meredith sucks anyway,too hag-ish
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by Aiyetunje: 11:39pm On Sep 22, 2008
House is not all about neurosurgery! Did u watch it well or just one episode? Scrubs, Grey''s & House all appeal to and portray different aspects of the medical life so u pick what u like. . .
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by iice(f): 4:26am On Sep 23, 2008
House!! kiss kiss kiss I love Gregory grin grin grin His madness is something i 'get' grin
It's not neurosurgery. He's an expert diagnostician
Don't watch Greys That meredith woman just destroyed the show for me
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by timbabng(m): 7:50am On Sep 23, 2008
HOUSE is the best, it is just a brilliant show. Greys Anatomy is like the great HOOK-UP show where everybody dates everybody.
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by maskuraid(m): 9:33am On Sep 23, 2008
greg's peculiar brand of m'madness' is somtin all great minds possess.if u really watched house, then m sure u'll agree dat's wassup!!!!!!! grin HOUSE ALL D WAY!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by lalaboi(m): 11:13am On Sep 23, 2008
yeah mahn!!

HOUSE na d main ting!!
love it
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 23, 2008
I'm guessing all 'em 'House' luvers understand all the EXCESSIVE medical language used. Left to me, it's Grey's Anatomy-but if Scrubs is included, then it's DEF. Scrubs!!! Can't get enuf of the humour!@!
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by iice(f): 4:57pm On Sep 23, 2008
maskuraid:

greg's peculiar brand of m'madness' is somtin all great minds possess.if u really watched house, then m sure u'll agree that's wassup!!!!!!! grin HOUSE ALL D WAY!!!!!!!!!!

U sabi well well grin His madness is just awesome! cheesy
Am into Housisms grin cheesy grin
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by Fadajasi(m): 5:13pm On Sep 23, 2008
Hmm
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by Joseph6(m): 8:00am On Sep 24, 2008
i watched house first and the frustration of having 2 watch the same episode repeating itself ova and ova with one intensely diverse case then the diagnosis stage and the breaking and entering, infact after watching 10 episodes i concluded they almost all ended the same way and pls medicine is not dat interesting , it needs a lil spice mehn so grey's anatomy delivers anydayt anytime, who thinks christina is wowo?me meredith is a lil too old 2 be an intern.scrubs is a freak show and still scores higher points than house
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by spikedcylinder: 12:45pm On Sep 25, 2008
Jeez! I am queen of "getting"oddities and related madness but House is just plain booooooooring! I'd rather watch re-runs of village headmaster than watch "Dr House" pretend he knows a thing or two about medicine. Master diagnostician my ass! Like d'uh! Who are you kidding? undecided
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by kadman(m): 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2008
GREY'S ANATOMY any day ! I've seen Scrubs & House, Scrubs wasn't too bad. But House is plain useless. I feel like slapping the smirk off Dr House know-it-all face !
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by Gangsta101(m): 10:18am On Sep 27, 2008
Joseph6:

i watched house first and the frustration of having 2 watch the same episode repeating itself ova and ova with one intensely diverse case then the diagnosis stage and the breaking and entering, infact after watching 10 episodes i concluded they almost all ended the same way and please medicine is not that interesting

The problem with the first few episodes of House MD is that the characters were stiff, and seemed to just be reciting their lines, but it seemed as the show progressed, they got more into the roles and actually started shining. About Medicine being boring, i really doubt if you have had a lot of contact with medicine and diagnostics, it is far from boring especially when someones life is 'really' at stake. Just look at the amount of medicine related dramas that have been produced over the years, and their relative success, it shows there is something really interesting in it. Internal Medicine, which is what house is into be a very tricky thing but rarely ever depends on guess work as House and his team does it.
In fact a medical professional would totally abhor the way diagnosis is made on that show, and yes, after a while it gets tiring that all the cases turn out to be solved in a similar pattern, patient comes in, they make an initial assessment and then start treating, patient gets worse and requires CPR/Endotracheal intubation/ICU care and then they run the entire gamut of medical tests they can and still find nothing and then house goes and sits in his office for a while, or something like that, and the solution would come to him and 'voila!' case solved. shocked that is really laughable.

But the beauty of the series is not in the Medicine, but instead in the Characters ( or really character and that is why it is named that way). there is something about the human mind that makes us relate to someone who speaks his mind with total disregard for the sensibilities of the people listening, someone who is a total maverick in what he does and gets the job done, and someone who has a total disrespect for Authority and that is what the character gives. whether he is being totally obnoxious to a dwarf patient and her mom or being a smartass to a cop and judge, or shamelessly flirting (in an abusive and demeaning way) to his female boss, whatever it is he does, Hugh Laurie delivers it brilliantly and that is why the show is into its fifth season now.
Mind u, the other characters are not just bystanders, Camron is so ramrod straight you get really irritated with her, that is the power of good acting, chase sucks up so much you just want to puke whenever you see him, Foreman and Wilson, dominated totally by house and yet constantly trying to get back at him in whatever way they can. and Lisa Cuddy, well lets just say she is getting better (and ?hotter) as the show goes on.
Actually at towards the end of season 3, i thot the show was dead, and they were just trying to kill off the characters and the last few episodes of that season were actually pretty poor in my own assessment, cos it was all about house, but the writers and producers really made that season four something with the introduction of that extensive tryout-cum-interview.
About the show lacking drama, man i'd ask you to look again, that is actually all the show has, little side dramas that make you actually look forward to the next episode. so much so that the Medicine is kept in the background. Mind you all their medical facts are right, it is just the way they go about diagnosing, and the fact that everyone is a surgeon, a paediatrician, gynaecologist e.t.c when they happen to all be internists that really sucks.
Another thing we must not overlook is the very powerful soundtrack, appropriate songs for appropriate scenes, a wonderful blend of the old and the new, men, the soundtrack on its own is enough to make you like the series (if you are into music that is)
In the end, guess it is either you like the Agnostic, obnoxious, foul-mouthed, do-it-my-way, yet highly successful diagnostician or you hate him. wink cheesy undecided, that is what determines if you like that show or not.
Unfortunately,i have never really followed Greys anatomy, i stopped after a few episodes, don't know why, so i can't really say anything about it.
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by Joseph6(m): 9:33pm On Sep 27, 2008
i can't deny ur passi9on 4 house in that u've covered all the aspects but well the one thing u faultered was the fact that when u watch house, u'd feel like u're wasting u're time and no matter wat happens u already know the end 4rm the beginning and drama is all about suspense so kosi suspense kosi drama, this makes house the worst series i've regrettably watched and thank God i bought only season one, wat a waste meanwhile medicine 2 me is saving lives full stop and there's nothing interesting about that, intense? Yes! but boring
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by KarmaMod(f): 9:35pm On Sep 27, 2008
Scrubs wins hands down. cheesy
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by Joseph6(m): 9:49pm On Sep 27, 2008
scrubs is too much of a comedy dont u think?
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by KarmaMod(f): 11:41pm On Sep 27, 2008
as opposed to Grey's being too much whoring and drama?
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by tpia: 1:52am On Sep 28, 2008
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by iice(f): 6:42am On Sep 28, 2008
@Gangsta word!
Even though its a drama, i find greg house very comical.
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by Gangsta101(m): 6:48am On Sep 28, 2008
Joseph6:

drama is all about suspense so kosi suspense kosi drama, this makes house the worst series i've regrettably watched and thank God i bought only season one, what a waste meanwhile medicine 2 me is saving lives full stop and there's nothing interesting about that, intense? Yes! but boring

Ha ha, Eating is all about getting nutrients into your body, that doesn't mean it should be boring, that is why we have a variety of foods, with different style of preparation, and no two meals are ever the same. yes medicine is about saving lives, that doesn't mean it shoudn't be exciting, no two humans are ever the same, look for a friend that is a doc/nurse and take some time and stay in an emergency room for a half a day, when you get over the smell (really terrible sometimes), and can get up close to the decision making business, you might find it a bit less boring, but then again, each according to his own.
But then i see what your problem with house is, for a show that has four full seasons out, you are basing it on just 1/4th of the available material, that means your judgement will definitely be poor as you don't have enough to go on, go out and borrow the second  and third seasons and watch, afterall it is supposed to be entertainment, if at the end u still think it is boring, then you have every right to be critical, right now your criticism might be viewed as flawed. i have said i have watched only 3 episodes grays anatomy so saying anything about it is ludicrous, for scrubs, it has no intention of being a serious medical drama, just a parody of medical lives and i think it succeeds as a comedy.

Iice,

good comical or bad comical
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by iice(f): 6:58am On Sep 28, 2008
Good comical grin Not just his character but how he relates to the people around him.
I like him alot even though i know in reality anyone like him is frightening - with regards to his profession
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by Gangsta101(m): 7:12am On Sep 28, 2008
iice,

yes, Greg House's character can be truly comical at times, i guess what really strikes me is the way the guy submerges himself in the role so completely, at times, he is very excitable and quick witted, with him own particular (black?) humour, other times, he is just goes about acting like a child, like pouring water on Wilson while he was sleeping over, and being nasty to kids, so that when you watch him on Street kings, you are actually disappointed to find him as a low key, straight arrow almost emotionless int. affairs cop, characterless in fact.

About E.R, now that was a series i know i used to watch only intermittently cos i had to keep returning to school, but the few episodes i watched really stood out, i know i used to like George clooney, then after he left, i thot that was all, but there was this other tall chap who later developed brain cancer that i later started digging his role, anyways, i was really more interested in friends and the simpsons then so anything that involved too much drama ( and that included star trek voyager) i only watched when others wanted to.
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by iice(f): 8:16am On Sep 28, 2008
Yes, he's house thru and thru.
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by Gamine(f): 4:50pm On Sep 28, 2008
House o!!

which kain Greys Anatomy. angry

PLEASE WATCH HOUSE!!!!
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by davidif: 11:57pm On Sep 28, 2008
abeg house is just waaaaaaaaaaaaay too intelligent. If you want to know nothing about medicine then go watch Grey's anatomy but if you love smart people or are interested in the field of medicine watch E.R or House any day any time.

HUGH LAURIE IS THE MAN HA HA.
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by savanaha: 12:02am On Sep 29, 2008
Grey's is silly no one especially doctors have the time to be having that much sex. They remove the medical aspect to a bunch of ninny names like McDreamy, McCreamy, McSteamy, McDonald and McChunky. Though attimes House is redic. it actually has medical components that intrigue and knows how to set up drama.
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by Gangsta101(m): 6:54pm On Oct 01, 2008
hey com'on guys, don't tell me there's no one else that thinks grey's anatomy is the bomb and isn't just about the human anatomy (or is it physiology), well then i guess the winner is HOUSE. at least that should narrow the gap between awards for the two shows.
Re: Tv Series: Grey's Anatomy Vs. House by Joseph6(m): 3:43am On Oct 09, 2008
grey's a is da bomb but tthat bomb stunt dey pulled was crappy!!!

(1) (Reply)

12 Movie Sequels We Can't Wait To See In 2015 / Who has OurTV in their homes? / Fztvseries Taken Down?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.