Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (781) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (497161 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 6:26pm On Nov 14, 2008
will [b]eboue, [/b]Osea, finan and pennant start for their respective clubs? NO

@ hemp-error,
Tkb is my protege I cant watch you feeding him with Igbo/Hemp he is losing it.

Tkb claimed Eboue does not start for em Gaynners in that quote
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 6:28pm On Nov 14, 2008
Hey Mukinatrix grin

How goes things on Arseland? tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 6:43pm On Nov 14, 2008
DDK
Since the arrival of Sagna, Eboue has been a right flank midfielder for the arses

their starters in the midfield are Nasri, Cesc, Denilson, Walcott

Dayo
are u saying Eboue is now benching Walcott?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 6:53pm On Nov 14, 2008
Emperoh:

Meanwhile the same Tevez is vowing to fight for his place in the line up

Madrid are used to signing our bench boys.
-Ruud
-Beckham
-Heinze
-Carlos Queiroz( grin grin grin)

On a lighter note. . . . .
Sir Alex Ferguson celebrates 50th year anniverasry in the football world tomorrow.
This man is just a living LEGEND.
We LOVE you SIR ALEX!!!!! cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by DrDre1(m): 7:19pm On Nov 14, 2008
@ Emp
Yes, can I help you? grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 7:25pm On Nov 14, 2008
DDK
An observation, since Walcott hit form, Eboue has been a bench warmer. Not when he keeps firing blanks as a 7.

Sauron.
I saw his career pictures on BBC. I loved the comment on his spat with referees.
He seems to be against the periodic dope test for footballers. I hope he isn't breeding another Rio?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 7:25pm On Nov 14, 2008
DDK
An observation, since Walcott hit form, Eboue has been a bench warmer. Not when he keeps firing blanks as a 7.

Sauron.
I saw his career pictures on BBC. I loved the comment on his spat with referees.
He seems to be against the periodic dope test for footballers. I hope he isn't breeding another Rio?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 7:33pm On Nov 14, 2008
Emperoh:

Sauron.

The periodic dope test is moronic. . . . .

What if Nani and Ronaldo go to Lisbon and they are next to take a random dope test??
It means the FA would travel to Portugal or travel to Korea if JS Park is on international duty for his country.
The FA are just a buncha fecking retards.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 7:36pm On Nov 14, 2008
No Hemp,
Eboue injured himself diving in one game like that where he won a penalty.

You have a notoriously short memory! Have you been drinking embalming solution at Okija? tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 8:15pm On Nov 14, 2008

"Wayne Rooney had a bit of a chest infection and he’s been off this week," Sir Alex is quoted by the club's official website as saying.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1710/manchester-united/2008/11/14/964318/roos-got-the-flu

Rooney is a crack addict. You can see why Faggotson objects to drug test Shrek would have been banned a long time ago tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 8:17pm On Nov 14, 2008
@Mancs
Whats happening tomorrow? Those guys will throw everything at us. I hope the defenders cope well with Delaps throw.

Those guys are physical so i expect SAF to field stronger players in the likes of Anderson, Fletcher(if he's fit) and Tevez.

Rooney has a 50-50 chance of playing tomorrow, but if he shakes off his infection i expect him to start alongside Tevez upfront while Dim start from the bench.
My prayer is that Gary should not play. Rafael should start or better still Brown if he is fit.

We have conceeded too many goals already and the defence should be water-tight tomorrow while i expect the attack line to be on rampage.
Save for Delap's throw-ins, Stoke are less Dangerous.

I predict a 2-0 win tomorrow.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 8:30pm On Nov 14, 2008
dayokanu:

"Wayne Rooney had a bit of a chest infection and he’s been off this week," Sir Alex is quoted by the club's official website as saying.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1710/manchester-united/2008/11/14/964318/roos-got-the-flu

Rooney is a crack addict. You can see why Faggotson objects to drug test Shrek would have been banned a long time ago tongue tongue tongue tongue

To be ignorant of one's ignorance is the malady of the ignorant grin cheesy
How does a common flu infection correlates to chain-smoking crack??
These Nazis and their misconducted and illogical way of reasoning. . . . tsssk tssssk.

"Sir Alex Ferguson expects Wayne Rooney to shrug off a slight chest infection in time to face Stoke at Old Trafford".
http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1085740/MANCHESTER-UNITED-v-Stoke-Sir-Alex-expects-Rooney-shrug-chest-infection-play-Stoke.html
The disciples of goal.com are irritating plonkers. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 8:51pm On Nov 14, 2008
ndumart:

@Mancs
Whats happening tomorrow? Those guys will throw everything at us. I hope the defenders cope well with Delaps throw.

Those guys are physical so i expect SAF to field stronger players in the likes of Anderson, Fletcher(if he's fit) and Tevez.

Rooney has a 50-50 chance of playing tomorrow, but if he shakes off his infection i expect him to start alongside Tevez upfront while Dim start from the bench.
My prayer is that Gary should not play. Rafael should start or better still Brown if he is fit.

We have conceeded too many goals already and the defence should be water-tight tomorrow while i expect the attack line to be on rampage.
Save for Delap's throw-ins, Stoke are less Dangerous.

I predict a 2-0 win tomorrow.

2-0 ? Hmm. . .right now I'm not even sure of an outright win, considering the way the team's been playing of late. Creating chances is not even an issue anymore, its converting 'em.

Fergie really shouldn't bench Tev tomorrow. . .I agree with the Stoke throwing all their weight at us angle. We need to put up an equally feisty attack. I would prefer Tev start ahead of Berba for this one, but if Rooney can't play I guess we'll see Tev and Berba pairing up.

Defense has got me worried too o. Don't know what's happened to our solid backline of last season. Rafael is the only shining light right now. . .others are quite shaky,honestly. I hope he starts tomorrow tho. He'll do a good job at the back, and who knows,he just might get another goal.

All old guys should just sit this game out till we're 3 goals up (if we get 3 goals grin ) and let the younger ones do the necessary running around required for this game.

Remember to pray for Ronaldo people. . .he seems to have misplaced his magic touch. As for Rio and co, if they don't know that they should focus eagle-eyed on whichever direction Delap happens to be throwing in, then they should be shot grin VDS is another guy that needs prayers. Hez quite erratic these days. Does he want to end up like Lehmann?? grin

As usual, I hope we win.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 9:10pm On Nov 14, 2008
come on u reds!!! ;d ;d
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 9:31pm On Nov 14, 2008
@criz
I totally agree with u on the VDS issue. The guy has been so jittery that i will prefer a foar to start tomorrow. i think this should be his last season. its better he quits when the ovation is loudest.

The defence line has been so porous, Rio has been a shadow of himself, Vidic just gets lost on transit and Evra seems to have lost what made him tick.

The team's performance right now isn't too impressive. We create chances but can't just convert them. We seem to lack ideas at the final third of the pitch. I hope things change as from tomorrow. Our bleak attack made me predict a 2-0 win for us.

Can u imagine how many GD chelsea has?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 9:34pm On Nov 14, 2008
@ Criz

Cristalz:

Remember to pray for Ronaldo people
. . .he seems to have misplaced his magic touch.

Pray for Ronaldo? grin grin grin

Get TB Joshua to pray for him, I hear Sharon has his direct line, so getting in touch should be a cinch! cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 9:44pm On Nov 14, 2008
Debosky

LOL grin

You are not serious. Don't worry, we're getting Rev. King to pray for him cheesy Heard you've got his number. . .pls pass it on cheesy

@ndumart

You're right about VDS. . .I would really hate to see a GK of his class end up like Jens and Kahn grin

They all need prayers, that back line. Won't it be totally ironic if its Rafael that becomes their inspiration? Lol. You tried sef with your 2 - 0 prediction. . .I don't even have enuff liver for 1 - 0. I'm that apprehensive grin

Chelsea's flying on GD for now. . .again, it will be very ironic if they lead us based on that 'cause that's what saved us from them last season.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 9:53pm On Nov 14, 2008
Ndu et Criz
I will highlight some major positions where i feelwe lack full output
Defence = Rio Ferdinand and Gary Neville has been major culprits here. Remember the Everton Game
I was soo pissed with him i don't seem to know what to think again. Has he lost it or what or is it old age?
His tenacity, concentration and first to all balls game has been below par this term> I just hope he improves with every game

Gary Neville = I pray Gary crocks a season long injury tongue tongue jeez i hate to see him from now in UTD shirt.
Pls he isnow a Milk cup player. He is gone past it.
Evra has also not been himself lately.he has notreally pick it up.

Ronaldo is still convalescing. I hope he gets in his strides and rediscover the magic wand.
Rooney has a run of form this seasonbut his impatience will do him in a great deal. He has to take it easy on the final ball
He was the greatest culprit from missing chances last week at the Emirates.
Parkhas to step up his attacking play
Same as Nani he needs to grow up.
Anderson tires out in most games before 90 minutes does he need Glucose?

I bet we will nick it tomorrow but i bet Delap's trick will fail tomorrow
As for the score. i can't say for now. till i see their game tomorrow.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 9:54pm On Nov 14, 2008
@ Cristalz,

Ronaldo has been superb.
6 goals, 2 assists in 7 league starts is not a poor return for a winger.
No striker in the league has such record as we speak so it's unfair to blame him.
Even if our strikers don't score em goals. . . . .defenders shouldn't leak.
I trust Ferguson to sort it out and Vidic has his work cut out tomorrow against Rory Delap's power throws.

It should be comfortable for United. Ma prediction Man Utd 3-0 Stoke. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 10:12pm On Nov 14, 2008
Sauron

I'm not blaming Ronaldo for anything, I just said he needs prayers 'cause he seems to have misplaced his magic touch. By that I mean his wonderful ability to score goals from weird angles and nearly every free-kick. Now, he just misses.

Of course his game is still good.  .  .its his magic score-spree I'm praying for.

But Delap's throws are scary o grin We should just try to avoid corners as much as possible. I just hate set-pieces when we are on the receiving end. . .but then,doesn't everybody? grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 10:47pm On Nov 14, 2008
I agree with the submissions above.

Gary is not even fit for the CC cos those young lads will break his waist. I pitied him against Nasri last week. The old man dosnt deserve more punishment.

Rio has lost his enthusiasm. he knows he is untouchable for now, so he can afford to misbehave. The other lads have been performing below par. I just hope they step up their game tomorrow.

The big 3 are out of the way, there is no reason why we shouldnt win ALL our remaining matches this year whether home or away.

sauron
Can we guys score 3 goals tomorrow? Those guys are ruthless in defending. I watched their match against pool and how they sat back and put 11 men behind the ball. I hope an early goal will unsettle them.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 11:02pm On Nov 14, 2008
Criz,
Dont worry about Ronaldo. He still has the highest goal ratio per start in the team. Of course more teams would pay more attention to him giving his performance last season.

His free kicks, he is still learning and over the next few seasons he would get better. He should just stop all that acting before taking Free kicks shoulders high, Heave of the chest and the spread legs makes it as if he is doing a big thing He should relax and the golden touch would come (when he is Real Madrid tongue tongue)

Rio has been a shadow of himself, Vidic just gets lost on transit and Evra seems to have lost what made him tick.

I beleive very much in Vidic He is one world class act I would really love to have in Munich. The defends/gets the job done efficiently without any fuss
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 5:01am On Nov 15, 2008
If y'all can avoid Delap's javelin throws you should win easy because they have little or no offense

I would advice y'all not to start Berba either because he would be chewed and swallowed this is Carlitos's kind of game
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by DrDre1(m): 7:19am On Nov 15, 2008
Our team needs to step up their game today. Would be nice to see Tevez & Rooney (if he's fit) paired in the attack 'cos they seem to be more hungry for goals than anyone though Rooney needs to take it cool. Berba should start from the bench plz. I almost thought he had left the pitch in our match at the Emirates.
Anderson runs things well but he needs to be told sometimes it's not rugby. We need to see killer passes from the midfield becos I suspect they may want to take our wings out. Ronaldo isn't doing badly but they would definitely want to mark him out.
Now to the last third. Pls can someone speak to these guys? Won't want to see Gary start but maybe SAF fears Raf may get red-carded before the end of the match. If the later is true then he shouldn't go beyond the 1st half. I believe so much in Vidic & expect a good performance from him today. I expect Rio to try & use this match to send a positive clear statement to his critics. I hope to see a more mobile VDS today.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 15, 2008
Well let's hope the boys get SERIOUS,that Fergie doesnt start Gary Neville for any reason (red card for rafael or not).
Let's hope Fergie gets his tactics & substitutions correct for once
Let's hope the boys find their killer touch in front of goal.
Let's hope they translate their possesion to something reasonable.
Let's hope we keep a clean sheet.
Let's hope Michael Carrick bosses the midfield and that he does the job.
Let's hope John O'Shea is NOWHERE near OT
Let's hope Ryan Giggs comes out of his slow-motion mode

Let's hope Stoke cannot get into the game for any reason

HOPE.
Cus I don't seem to believe in this team lately
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 3:35pm On Nov 15, 2008
Carling Cup Fixtures:

Stoke City v Derby County
Manchester United v Blackburn Rovers
Burnley v Arsenal
Watford v Tottenham Hotspur
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 3:38pm On Nov 15, 2008
Guys there's no Rio

VDS, O Shea, Vidic, Evans, Evra

Roaldo, Carrick, Fletcher, Park

Berba, Tevez

Subs: Foster, Anderson, Nani, Welbeck, Rafael Da Silva, Manucho, Gibson.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 3:46pm On Nov 15, 2008
chamotex:

Guys there's no Rio

VDS, O Shea, Vidic, Evans, Evra

Roaldo, Carrick, Fletcher, Park

Berba, Tevez

I still dunno why Berba must start every game.
Why don't we try our old strategy of the HOLY TRINITY, after a handful of goals(Bring in BERBA).
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 3:53pm On Nov 15, 2008
~Sauron~:

I still don't know why Berba must start every game.
Why don't we try our old strategy of the HOLY TRINITY, after a handful of goals(Bring in BERBA).

Didn't you watch Fergie's press conference? I think Berba's bleeping his daughter or something.
He said Berba needs to get used to the team and he's sure he'll start hitting the back of the net. It simply means I can't drop Berba because I need him to start scoring goals and to gel with the team.

With no Rio and Wazza, we'll have to rely on Ronaldo to be on fire this afternoon. We def going to miss Rio at the back with Delap's long throw swinging in. Hopefully they wont get as many.

I hope we can see Manucho lateer on.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 4:01pm On Nov 15, 2008
chamotex:

Didn't you watch Fergie's press conference? I think Berba's bleeping his daughter or something.
He said Berba needs to get used to the team and he's sure he'll start hitting the back of the net. It simply means I can't drop Berba because I need him to start scoring goals and to gel with the team.

I understand where he is coming from.
If Berba is not firing, keeping him on the bench won't help him. . . . .Playing him constantly would but must he complete 90 mins every time??
Liverpool are now 11 points ahead of Man Utd. . . . .It's time to start closing up the gap.

With no Rio and Wazza, we'll have to rely on Ronaldo to be on fire this afternoon. We def going to miss Rio at the back with Delap's long throw swinging in. Hopefully they wont get as many.

This is more like testing Johnny Evans' repertoire against Rory Delap's power-throwz.
Vidic would attack those balls with grit and Evans would clean up.
I just need Tevez to justify his start today.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 4:02pm On Nov 15, 2008
Come on guys, we were the ones clamoring for a traditional centre-forward, an out-and-out striker. Fergie spent millions on one. Y'all don't expect him to drop the guy just like that grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2008
Hope this ain't deja vu. . .we start well and end terribly undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.