Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? (5139 Views)

Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. / Testimonies Of Some Muslims Once They Join Xtianity / Conversion Of Pastor Jonnathan Into Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by Softee(f): 8:53pm On Jul 10, 2006
I don't get it. They will always compare it to christianity and use mind games. Why?
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by ISAHO(m): 2:40am On Jul 11, 2006
Mind games? i dont understand.

Everyman has control of his mind. It s a matter of choice. God has said that "He has given us the criteria between good and bad". He also said "He gave us the head not as a design for the eyes to see or the ears to hear neither has He given us the nose to smell or the mouth to talk but for collective use of them alongside with the brain. Sweetheart the way you use your own gifts is in your hands.

So if ther is anyone trying to outsmart you into accepting Islam, please be wise because "God said if you dont know Him then you ll never be able to worship Him".

Peace
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by Softee(f): 11:43pm On Jul 12, 2006
I am not even referring to myself too tuff. Godless people can be easily tricked in to islam by hearing lies about the bible and join in with the hatred. This happens a lot.
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by Nobody: 3:25am On Jul 13, 2006
Softee,that is all they got.
Islam has no spirit behind it so they use manipulations,superflousity of words for the educated ones and force when you resist.
That is the nature of the religion,read accounts of Mohammed and that wouldn't suprise you.
Anything born of a snake must be long as an Igbo saying goes.
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by Seun(m): 7:46am On Jul 14, 2006
So Christians don't use mind games?
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by Gwaine(m): 8:41am On Jul 14, 2006
1 Thes. 2:5 For we never came with words of flattery, as you know, nor with a pretext for greed--God is witness.

It is unChristian to use mind games to propagate the Gospel. We believe in laying bare the goodnews by invitation, persuasion, conviction, and righteousness evidenced in our lifestyle. Fruit born out of mind games don't last, and where they remain, they will do more damage to good causes than promote them. That is why authentic Christianity still bears fruit in the lives of those who know Christ for real. Only quacks and frauds promote mind games.

In context of the first entry, Christianity has no need to compare itself with any religion - much less with Islam. It is rather the other way round, because it is even contained in the Qur'an that 'Allah' tries to compare and measure Islam with Judaism and Christianity. In that context, Christianity does not use mind games, nor does it need to compare itself with any 'prophet' or message.
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by Softee(f): 11:10pm On Jul 14, 2006
Christian do not use mind games they tell you the TRUTH. Just remember Jesus said "and the TRUTH shall set you free".
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by Seun(m): 3:16pm On Jul 16, 2006
As far as I know, muslims generally mind their own religion. Christians are the ones who try to convert you.
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by Darkchild(m): 3:41pm On Jul 16, 2006
Seun,
I do agree with u about muslims minding their own bizness especially when it comes to preaching. Have never had a muslim knock on my door to preach!
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by Darkchild(m): 3:44pm On Jul 16, 2006
Seun,

I must confess that every time I see a post from u, I make it a point of duty to read it. I find your posts very interesting to read. I think its because they are posted from a very objective point of view. How do you manage that?
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by Gwaine(m): 4:43pm On Jul 16, 2006
Seun:

As far as I know, muslims generally mind their own religion. Christians are the ones who try to convert you.

That's true, Seun. If we don't preach the Gospel to people, would we be obeying Jesus Christ our Lord who Himself enjoined that on us?
Matt. 28:19 - 'Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost'
Mark 16:20 - 'And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.'

But before I travelled out, the minarets were not so 'minding-their-own-religion' with the loud calls for prayer from the public address systems blarring in the wee mornings. Believe it or not, where we formerly lived Muslim clerics severally were heard 'preaching' over their loud PAS in English, and most often it was about how the Bible was corrupt and Christians were following a pagan religion. Just think of what would have happened if a pastor did the same with the PAS mounted outside his church so that passers-by could hear how he would have been referring to the Qur'an as 'corrupt' and Muslims following a 'pagan religion'!
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 16, 2006
Darkchild:

Seun,
I do agree with u about muslims minding their own bizness especially when it comes to preaching. Have never had a muslim knock on my door to preach!

Quite likely you'd never find a muslim knocking on your door to preach, he really has nothing to preach. What would he preach? Poetry from the quran or the inconsistencies in the hadith? Would he be proposing to introduce you to murder, pedophilia and religious intolerance?

I do agree that muslims generally "mind their business", wanton murder, suicide bombings and cartoon riots are all part of the business they are told to mind! They seem to be doing it with all diligence, christians would do well to take note!
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by jagunlabi(m): 11:41am On Jul 19, 2006
And here i am thinking that christians use the mindgame stuff more than any other religion out there.Ish!
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by Softee(f): 9:04pm On Jul 21, 2006
When i say mind games. I mean lies and ignorance mainly. A true Christian does not lie and use ignorance to draw a person to God. Since Christianity is alive, God can do the rest. However, since islam has no spirit it takes ignorange and lies to draw people in to islam and try hard to ignore the truth. I mean how many people will choose to enter a community who respect and idolise a "Prophet" who slept with a 9 year old (excluding pedophiles).
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by nuru(m): 4:10pm On Jul 25, 2006
Surah 3:
Al-i-Imran (The Family Of 'Imran, The House Of 'Imran)

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

1. A. L. M.

2. Allah. There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-Subsisting, Eternal.

3. It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus) before this, as a guide to mankind, and He sent down the criterion (of judgment between right and wrong).

4. Then those who reject Faith in the Signs of Allah will suffer the severest penalty, and Allah is Exalted in Might, Lord of Retribution.

5. From Allah, verily nothing is hidden on earth or in the heavens.

6. He it is Who shapes you in the wombs as He pleases. There is no god but He, the Exalted in Might, the Wise.
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 26, 2006
Allah is a god indeed.
You said it not me.
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by m4malik(m): 7:05pm On Jul 26, 2006
Well, what could one say?
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by nuru(m): 7:09am On Jul 27, 2006
Al QURAN

Surah 17:
Al-Isra (The Night Journey, Children Of Israel)

Verses

22. Take not with Allah another object of worship; or thou (O man!) wilt sit in disgrace and destitution.

23. Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour.

24. And, out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility, and say: "My Lord! bestow on them thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood."

25. Your Lord knoweth best what is in your hearts: If ye do deeds of righteousness, verily He is Most Forgiving to those who turn to Him again and again (in true penitence).

26. And render to the kindred their due rights, as (also) to those in want, and to the wayfarer: But squander not (your wealth) in the manner of a spendthrift.

27. Verily spendthrifts are brothers of the Evil Ones; and the Evil One is to his Lord (himself) ungrateful.

28. And even if thou hast to turn away from them in pursuit of the Mercy from thy Lord which thou dost expect, yet speak to them a word of easy kindness.

29. Make not thy hand tied (like a niggard's) to thy neck, nor stretch it forth to its utmost reach, so that thou become blameworthy and destitute.

30. Verily thy Lord doth provide sustenance in abundance for whom He pleaseth, and He provideth in a just measure. For He doth know and regard all His servants.

31. Kill not your children for fear of want: We shall provide sustenance for them as well as for you. Verily the killing of them is a great sin.

32. Nor come nigh to adultery: for it is a shameful (deed) and an evil, opening the road (to other evils).

33. Nor take life - which Allah has made sacred - except for just cause. And if anyone is slain wrongfully, we have given his heir authority (to demand qisas or to forgive): but let him nor exceed bounds in the matter of taking life; for he is helped (by the Law).

34. Come not nigh to the orphan's property except to improve it, until he attains the age of full strength; and fulfil (every) engagement, for (every) engagement will be enquired into (on the Day of Reckoning).

35. Give full measure when ye measure, and weigh with a balance that is straight: that is the most fitting and the most advantageous in the final determination.

36. And pursue not that of which thou hast no knowledge; for every act of hearing, or of seeing or of (feeling in) the heart will be enquired into (on the Day of Reckoning).

37. Nor walk on the earth with insolence: for thou canst not rend the earth asunder, nor reach the mountains in height.

38. Of all such things the evil is hateful in the sight of thy Lord.

39. These are among the (precepts of) wisdom, which thy Lord has revealed to thee. Take not, with Allah, another object of worship, lest thou shouldst be thrown into Hell, blameworthy and rejected.
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by m4malik(m): 9:20am On Jul 27, 2006
nuru:

22. Take not with Allah another object of worship; or thou (O man!) wilt sit in disgrace and destitution.

23. Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour.

39. These are among the (precepts of) wisdom, which thy Lord has revealed to thee. Take not, with Allah, another object of worship, lest thou shouldst be thrown into Hell, blameworthy and rejected.

You guys should stop going round these confusions. Islam is not monotheistic, because if anyone reads the Qur'an with an open mind and heart, we see that what is expressly forbidden is the very thing that the "Allah" of the Qur'an sanctions. As long as the "Allah" of Islam is a "WE" and thus joins partners with himself in creation, prayer and worship, there's no talk of monotheism in that religion. QED.
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by nuru(m): 2:01pm On Jul 27, 2006
Al Quran

Surah Ya-sin
Chapter 36:

Vs 10.

" The same is it to them whether thou admonish them or thou do not admonish them: they will not believe. "
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by m4malik(m): 2:58pm On Jul 27, 2006
There are so many verses like that in the Bible warning against blind obstinacy -

And whether they hear or refuse to hear (for they are a rebellious house) they will know that a prophet has been among them. - Ezek. 2:5.

And you shall speak my words to them, whether they hear or refuse to hear, for they are a rebellious house. - Ezek. 2:7.

In the claim that Islam is monotheistic, Muslims would have to answer the question as to who the "Allah" of the Qur'an was joining with himself in the use of 'WE' in matters of creation, prayer and worship.
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 27, 2006
m4malik,you are God-sent here.
I never knoew they were mentions of 'we' in the Koran.

Do you also know that Mohammed never read the bible?.
All the bible quotations he attempted in the koran were from stories he heard from a Christian slave boy,no wonder it was a bunch of mumble jumble like referring to Ishmael as the son Abram offered up for sacrifice than Isaac.
The account of the birth of Jesus is most hilarious.

nuru,you try o,flip to the area where the Koran tells you about the followers of Christ being victorious at the end and where Mohammed asked for forgiveness for his numerous sins.
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by firdaus4us: 3:32pm On Jul 27, 2006
Hello my Christian Brother, pls do read the verses below perchance you may guided:

And behold! God will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of God'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden. (5:116)

"Never said I to them aught except what Thou didst command me to say, to wit, 'worship God, my Lord and your Lord'; and I was a witness over them whilst I dwelt amongst them; when Thou didst take me up Thou wast the Watcher over them, and Thou art a witness to all things. (5:117)

"If Thou dost punish them, they are Thy servant: If Thou dost forgive them, Thou art the Exalted in power, the Wise." (5:118)

God will say: "This is a day on which the truthful will profit from their truth: theirs are gardens, with rivers flowing beneath,- their eternal Home: God well-pleased with them, and they with God: That is the great salvation, (the fulfilment of all desires). (5:119)
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by firdaus4us: 3:51pm On Jul 27, 2006
Very surprise, up till now, there are still some intellectuals, who don't know the difference btw the use of We as Pluraism and Power.

Read thid 4 ur guidance also :

Those who reject (Truth), among the People of the Book and among the Polytheists, were not going to depart (from their ways) until there should come to them Clear Evidence,- (98:1)

An apostle from God, rehearsing scriptures kept pure and holy: (98:2)

Wherein are laws (or decrees) right and straight. (98:3)

Nor did the People of the Book make schisms, until after there came to them Clear Evidence. (98:4)

And they have been commanded no more than this: To worship God, offering Him sincere devotion, being true (in faith); to establish regular prayer; and to practise regular charity; and that is the Religion Right and Straight. (98:5)

Those who reject (Truth), among the People of the Book and among the Polytheists, will be in Hell-Fire, to dwell therein (for aye). They are the worst of creatures. (98:6)

Those who have faith and do righteous deeds,- they are the best of creatures. (98:7)

Their reward is with God: Gardens of Eternity, beneath which rivers flow; they will dwell therein for ever; God well pleased with them, and they with Him: all this for such as fear their Lord and Cherisher. (98:cool

May God guide u to the right path. Read more and don't monopolistic. I was ones a chriatian but through my great zeal to know the truth, Alhamdulillah I am guided.
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by firdaus4us: 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2006
[b]Categorically, Islam against: Murder, Manslaughter & Terrorism all in the Name of Allah

I. Introduction

Often, criminals are of two kinds: there are those who know that the wrong they do is wrong -- and there are those who think -- who actually believe -- that their deeds are virtuous. When those of the latter category have a religious basis for their activities, they can rarely be dissuaded by legal and penal measures alone, for bearing chastisement is in itself sublime to them -- something that gives them a cause to rejoice in being 'persecuted for righteousness' sake' -- something that only adds to their commitment. The best Defence against these people is an attack on the religious foundation their leaders use to convince them. A fortiori, legal and penal measures must be accompanied by propagation of counter arguments. For this purpose, arguments developed on the basis of superficial study won't do. No one is easily convinced into becoming a murderer on religious grounds and no one is easily dissuaded once so convinced. Only arguments truly emanating from the Qur'an and the Sunnah and cogent enough can be effective. Unfortunately, very little work has been done in this regard by government as well as private institutions.

It is important to know what arguments the militants use to justify their deeds and to see whether these arguments have any basis in the Qur'an and the Sunnah. This dissertation discusses some pertinent issues in this regard, including incendiary questions as the following:

Does Islam give an individual or a group the right to use violence to end wrong?

What arguments do the militant Islamists have to justify their acts of terrorism and violence?

Is the government of Pakistan un-Islamic?

When is an individual or a group allowed by Islam to rebel against the State?

What are the punishments in Islam for those who rebel against the State or cause disruption in society?

What exactly is the meaning of Jihad and who has the right to wage it?

Is 'turning the other cheek' a Christian belief only?

What are the rules for a preacher in Islam?

What is the actual responsibility of religious leaders?

Does an individual or a group have the right to declare a Muslim a Kafir?

What are the rights of the non-Muslim citizens of an Islamic State?

Who has the authority to punish a person or a group for blasphemy?

What steps does the government need to take to end violence and terrorism now rampant in our society in the name of religion?

This dissertation, a major part of which is based on Javed Ahmad Ghamidi's research work (a meritorious religious scholar and founder of Al-Mawrid, an institute of Islamic education), has three main sections:

The first gives a summary of the main conclusions drawn in the article,

The second recommends certain strategies to the government for dealing with sectarian violence and terrorism, and

The last section contains the main article. An appendix at the end responds to some criticisms on the views expressed in the dissertation.

II. Summary of the main conclusions

A. Taking the law into one's own hands amounts to either Fasad fi'l-Ard (creating disorder) or Muharabah (rebellion) -- both of which are punishable by death in Islam.

B. The Prophet's saying (saws) usually cited to give credence to the idea that Islam allows an individual or a group the use of force to end wrong is actually related to the use of power within the confines of the social and legal authority.

C. In Islam, there is no concept of Jihad (Qital to be more precise -- that is militant struggle in the way of Allah) or the implementation of punishments without the authority of the State.

D. The argument that the government in Pakistan is not Islamic is baseless. In an independent State, any government formed on the basis of amruhum shura baynahum (their affairs are by consultation among them) -- in modern times through the vote of the Muslim citizens in an election -- is an Islamic government so long as the rulers do not unequivocally deny Islam or their faith in it.

E. Rebellion against the State (Khuruj) is allowed -- that is it is permissible not obligatory -- only when all of the following three conditions exist:

The Rulers unequivocally deny Islam.

The government is a dictatorship and does not have the support of the Muslims and cannot be changed by their vote.

The leader of Khuruj is one who, without any doubt, has the support of the majority of the nation.

Moreover, in case of an armed rebellion, there is an additional condition: the leader of the Khuruj must migrate with his followers to another land and form an independent State.

In the absence of even one of these conditions, those leading the Khuruj can be sentenced to death by the State under Islamic law.

F. Allegiance to the Islamic State and obedience to its government are obligatory on a Muslim even if the rulers are morally corrupt. According to a reported saying of the Prophet (saws), he who detaches himself from the collectivity of the Muslims and dies in that condition dies the death of ignorance.

G. No individual or group has the right to declare a person a Kafir (one who deliberately denies Islam even after its truth has been made clear to him/her by the Prophet (saws); plural: Kuffar). Takfir -- declaring someone a Kafir is the prerogative of the Prophet (saws) -- who does that through Divine revelation. Declaring someone a non-Muslim is the prerogative of the collectivity of the Muslim community represented by their State.

H. The argument of the militant Islamists that their aggression is in self-Defence is baseless. The difference between self-Defence and aggression is manifest. Also, the law of Qisas in Islam is to be implemented by the State not by any individual or group. The aggrieved person has the right to demand Qisas, and it is the responsibility of the State to provide him with justice. The aggrieved or his heir also has the authority to forgive the offender and demand penalty. But there is no room in Islam for personal vendettas, in which people take the law into their own hands.

I. Religious scholars and leaders of religious movements can best serve Islam by staying out of politics and confining themselves to academic work and Da'wah (propagation of religion). They must remember that their primary responsibility is Indhar (admonition) and Da'wah. Their goal should be conquering the hearts of people rather than killing them. For the conquest of hearts one has to be slain rather than slaying others. One has to forgive rather than avenge. And one has to repel evil with goodness.

Some other points of relevance to which this article alluded are:

A. Death punishment for apostasy was confined only to the people the Prophet (saws) was directly sent to -- the Banu Isma'il. No one can now be punished to death on that basis as no one after the Prophet (saws) can claim to have done Itmamu'l-Hujjah (manifesting the truth to such an extent that no excuse whatsoever is left for a person to deny it) in his individual capacity. (Of his direct addresses, the People of the Book were not given death punishment as they did not profess polytheism as their religion. However, they were given certain other punishments).

B. There are only two valid reasons for Qital:

Injustice and oppression and

Itmamu'l-Hujjah.

After the Prophet (saws), his authorized companion were Divinely appointed witnesses to the truth of Muhammad's religion - Shuhada 'ala'l-Nas (2:143). They had the authority to extend his mission to other specified non-Muslim states. In other words, they had the authority to invite these states to accept Islam on the basis of Itmamu'l-Hujjah done by the Prophet (saws) or face war. After the Prophet (saws) and his authorized Companion, no individual or group or state has the right to wage war against any non-Muslim country for the propagation of Islam. Now Jihad, or Qital to be more precise, can be done by an Islamic state only for purpose of ending oppression (4:75).

C. Lynching non-Muslim citizens of an Islamic State for blasphemy is absolutely against Islam even if the criminal is caught red-handed. Punishing a person or a group for any crime against anybody is the prerogative of the Islamic State -- which does that through its organ, the judiciary, after determining for sure that the crime had actually been committed and deciding on the appropriate punishment.1

No individual has the right to take the law into his own hands on any account. Even the closest of the Prophet's companions (saws) never killed a single of his opponents even when invectives were hurled at him day and night in the first thirteen years of his Da'wah at Makkah. Nor did they kill anyone in retaliation when he was pelted with stones at Ta'if.

III. Recommendations

In relation to the points discussed above, the following measures are suggested to the government of Pakistan:

The government should use its propaganda machinery -- including the mass media -- to dissuade youngsters from falling into the trap of those religious leaders who equate terrorism and sectarian violence with Islam.

The government should take help from genuine scholars of Islam for this purpose and present its views on the solid basis of the Qur'an and the Sunnah.

It should become obvious to every man and woman -- even to the militant Islamists themselves -- that the violence and terrorism of the militant Islamists is absolutely against Islam.

Known and self-proclaimed offenders should immediately be arrested or shot on sight for Muharabah, and Fasad fi'l-Ard.

The arrested criminals should be punished on these bases in an exemplary manner. The government should publicise the reasoning behind these punishments so that everyone is aware of the correct stance in this regard and potential offenders are deterred from the path of violence.

Those religious organisations which believe in rebellion against the State should be given a stern warning.

The correct picture of Islam regarding Khuruj should be publicised a great deal so that sufficient ground work is done to make the masses mentally accept the idea of the government crushing the very first insurrection to nip the evil in the bud. And that the government should do: completely crush the first insurrection to emerge so that no one is encouraged by the rebels to follow suit.

The government should take steps to eliminate the duality in our education system. Religious schools breed sectarianism and modern schools breed scepticism. To deal with this problem, our education system needs to be changed. Unless the modern, educated people -- especially those belonging to the elite and affluent classes -- are instructed at least in the basics of religion, the monopoly and influence of sectarian schools is bound to remain.2

The mosque has a very important role to play in an Islamic society. Few people today realise the extent to which this institution influences the minds of the masses. Unfortunately, mosques in our society have become citadels of sectarianism. There is great need to overhaul this institution. The key point here is that the Mosque is a State institution and the elected representatives of the people running their State affairs ought to be their leaders in prayer rather than the mullahs. The Sunnah in this regard is that the Head of the State and his representatives in the administration should lead the Friday prayer. On the basis of the Sunnah, one can suggest that the government should supervise the mosques and not let any particular sect control them. A number of steps should be taken in this regard: 3

The centre of every administrative unit of the State should be a Jami' Masjid, and the division of these units should be such that one Jami' Masjid should suffice for one unit.

Within each unit, all the administrative offices and courts should be instituted adjacent to this Jami' Masjid. The State capital, together with the provincial capitals, should have a central Jami' Masjid.

The address of the Friday prayer should be delivered only by the Head of State and only he should lead this prayer in the central Jami' Masjid of the capital. The provincial governors should be entrusted with this job in the central Jami' Mosques of the provinces, while the representatives of the government should perform this duty in the Jami' Mosques of the various administrative units.

The Friday prayer should be prohibited in all mosques except the above ones.

Mosques should be supervised by the government itself.

Any religious scholar should be allowed to teach, educate and instruct his students according to his own views in any of these mosques.

The government should make it clear to all Muslims that there is no room for lynching in Islam. No one can be punished for blasphemy unless his crime is proved in a court of law and only the State has the right to execute the sentence. It should also be made clear that violation of the rights of non-Muslims in an Islamic State is a serious offence.

Whether a Mu'ahid or a Dhimmi4 , the rights guaranteed to a non-Muslim must not be violated by any Muslim. The Qur'an says: And fulfil the covenant. Verily the covenant shall be questioned about. (17:34) In Abu Da'ud's Kitabu'l-Jihad, the Prophet (saws) is reported to have said5: Beware! He who oppresses a Mu'ahid or does him injustice or burdens him more than his strength or takes anything from him without his consent, I myself shall plead against him on the Day of Judgement. These words of the Prophet (saws) should be enough for any Muslim to realise the gravity of the sin of oppressing a Mu'ahid. Even in case of enmity, the Qur'an does not allow the Muslim to do anything against the principles of equity and justice. 6 Therefore, unless a Mu'ahid is found guilty of some crime by a court of law -- in which case it is up to the court to decide what punishment is to be meted out --, he has the right as a citizen of an Islamic State to demand the protection of his life, honour and property and to demand all his fundamental rights including the right to practice and preach his religion in a manner which does not cause disruption in society.

IV. Text of the dissertation

Murder, Manslaughter and Terrorism All in the Name of Allah

The Qur'an says:

, that whoever took a life7, unless it be for murder or for spreading disorder on earth8, it would be as if he killed all mankind; and whoever saved a life, it would be as if he saved all mankind. (5:32)

And:

And he who kills a believer intentionally, his reward is Hell; he shall remain therein forever, (4:93)

How can someone who believes in this book commit murder?

Here's how:

In his mind -- and perhaps even in his heart -- the murder he commits is not murder: it is an act of virtue.

Those who do evil can be of two kinds. There are those who know that the evil they do is evil, and there are those who don't. In fact, those of the latter kind might even be absolutely certain that the evil they do is not evil but virtue. When that is the case, murder and terrorism can, in their minds, become Jihad.

The good intentions of these 'pious evil-doers' might become an excuse for them on the Day of Judgement, but in this worldly life of ours, when murder and terrorism are the issue, their error of judgement -- howsoever noble their intentions might be -- does not, in any way, exonerate them from the responsibility for causing disruption and disorder in society. Therefore, these people need to be dealt with -- and when human lives and law and order are at stake, there can be two ways of doing that: either you succeed in convincing them that their 'virtue' is actually evil and that their Jihad is in reality Fasad9 or Muharabah10 or you sentence them to death.

Two pertinent questions are: how do you convince them? and would the State be morally justified if, after having taken reasonable measures to solve the problem through dialogues and discussions, it has to award them the death punishment?

To convince such Islamist groups as resort to murder and terrorism that, howsoever noble the goals, their methods are against the teachings of their own religion, one has to understand the arguments they themselves use to justify their deeds. Of such arguments some of the more important ones are discussed here.

One of their arguments is based on a narration in which the Prophet (saws) is reported to have said:

He amongst you who sees any wrong should change it with his hand11; if that is not possible for him, then with his tongue; if that is not possible for him, then [he should condemn it] in his heart -- and that is the weakest level of faith. (Muslim, Kitabu'l-Iman)

Ghamidi points out that this statement of the Prophet (saws) has a specific context in reference to which the statement merely means that it is the duty of every Muslim to try for the eradication of evil within the confines of the social and legal authority he or she has12. For example, parents are afforded the authority by the conventions of society to use some mild form of physical punishment, if required, for the proper upbringing of their children. This obviously does not mean that they have the authority to batter their children. Similarly, the government -- a court of law to be more precise -- has the legal authority to award a suitable sentence to an offender if he is found guilty. Now, if some parents did not use their authority to stop their children from becoming heroin addicts, they would certainly be at a weaker level of faith, especially if physical punishment of a sort would have helped and it were love which stopped them from using their authority. Love does not mean that you let those you love do wrong. Similarly, a judge who, under some pressure, gave a lighter punishment to an offender would certainly be at a weaker level of faith. Indeed, in the absence of a reasonable excuse, he might even be regarded as being devoid of faith altogether on the Day of Judgement.

The Prophet of Allah (saws) never took the law into his own hands. During the thirteen years he preached Islam in Makkah, he never went beyond the confines of the law of the land. The few companions and followers he had during those years were indeed more loyal to him -- and hardly any Muslim would doubt that -- than his followers today can ever claim to be. Many a Muslim today will hardly take any time to decide that it is a matter of his faith to kill anyone -- even the most influential person around -- who blasphemes -- or is even suspected of blaspheming -- against the Prophet (saws). But the followers of the Prophet (saws) never murdered even a single of his opponents even when he was pelted with stones at Ta'if. In Makkah, invectives were hurled against him day and night, yet none of his followers regarded it a matter of his faith to kill a few offenders to avenge the Prophet (saws). Had all of his companions -- even those truly close to him as Abu Bakar (raa) and Ali (raa) -- chosen to remain at a weaker level of faith? And had the Prophet (saws) himself chosen not to do anything about the weak faith of his companions? Why didn't he exhort them to do something in retaliation?

It was only after the Prophet (saws) had established an independent State at Madinah that laws were enacted and implemented by him -- and that too was done gradually so as to avoid imbalance in society. The reason for this restraint is that in Islam armed struggle is allowed only at the level of the State13. An individual or a group is not permitted to wage an armed struggle so that anarchy does not prevail in society.

Militant struggle by an individual or a group in an Islamic State amounts to Fasad (disorder, disruption, etc) or, when it becomes a rebellion against the State, Khuruj (rebellion, revolt, etc). In either case, the Islamic State has the right to give the militants a severe death sentence.14 Only when certain conditions have been met is Khuruj allowed.15

The militant Islamists would argue that (a) the government in Pakistan is not Islamic and (b) they -- the militants -- are fighting against Kuffar (sing. Kafir: infidel), who ought to be killed to save Islam from its enemies.

It should be obvious from the points made above that even if Pakistan were not an Islamic State and some of those accepted by the State as Muslims were Kuffar, there would still be no room in Islam for the militant Islamists to take the law into their own hands and kill people. The militants are not more pious than the Prophet (saws) and his close companions (raa).

But let's take a look at this stance as well. Does a State having a morally and religiously corrupt government become un-Islamic? And who has the right to declare a group (or a person) in the Ummah (the whole Muslim community) as non-Muslims or Kuffar?

The Islamic principle on which a State is founded is described in the Qur'an (42:38) in the words amruhum shura baynahum (their affairs are through consultation amongst them)16. This principle entails that the State affairs be run by the vote of the majority of Muslim citizens. When a people establish their government in a geographically independent area over which they have power and authority, the State is formed. Therefore, when the majority of Muslims in a geographically independent area, over which they have power and authority, form their own government through consultation -- elections in modern times --, that government, in accordance with the verse quoted above, represents the Islamic State. Allegiance to that government is a religious obligation on the Muslim citizens of that State17:

Obey Allah and the Prophet and those who are in authority among you. Then if there is difference of opinion among you, refer it back to Allah and the Prophet (The Qur'an 4:59)

It is evident from this verse that even in case of any difference of opinion regarding the interpretation of the contents of religion, the matter should be resolved through the Qur'an and the Sunnah18 rather than through guns. And, from the verse quoted earlier (42:38), it is clear that the verdict of the majority of the Muslims regarding the correct interpretation must be accepted as the law of the land. Thereafter, those who dissent do have the right to express their points of view in a peaceful and constitutional manner, but they do not have the right to create a law and order situation or rebel against the State. In Muslim's Kitabu'l-Imarah, the Prophet (saws) is reported to have said19: You are organised under the rule of a person and someone tries to break your collectivity apart or disrupt your government, kill him.

It is only when a Muslim is ordered to do something against the directives of Allah or of the Prophet (saws) is he required to disobey those with political and legal authority in the system he lives in. The Prophet (saws) is reported to have said (Muslims, Kitabu'l-Imarah)20: Whether they like it or not, it is obligatory on the faithful to listen to and obey their rulers except that they be ordered to commit sin. If they are ordered to commit sin, they should neither listen nor obey.

The Qur'ânic words 'obey Allah and the Prophet, ' require that a Muslim not obey any command against the directives of Allah and the Prophet (saws). But even then, he is not allowed to disrupt the system or commit murders. The reason is that when a government is formed in accordance with the Qur'ânic principle of amruhum shura baynahum and can be changed or deposed on the same basis, any rebellion against that government amounts to a rebellion against the collectivity of Muslims, which in Islamic terminology, is Muharabah and which, as the statement of the Prophet (saws) quoted earlier explains, is an offence punishable by death.

Prominent people of this Ummah as Abu Hanifah, Imam Malik ibn Anas and Ahmad Ibn Hanbal never resorted to violence, vandalism, terrorism or rebellion in spite of facing extreme hardships to propagate the truth.21 In Al-Masa'il al-Rasa'il al Marwiyyah 'an Ahmad ibn Hanbal, Ahmad ibn Hanbal is reported to have said: Far be it from Allah [all that is wrongly associated with Him], blood is but blood22. I do not believe in it nor do I recommend it. Enduring what is on us23 is better than disruption, in which blood is shed, people's wealth is expropriated and things and matters sacred are desecrated.24

In Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal25, the Prophet (saws) is reported to have said26: I order you five things: pledging allegiance to the State, listening to and obeying [your rulers in that State], Hijrah27 and Jihad in the way of Allah.

In Bukhari's Kitabu'l-Fitan, the Prophet (saws) is also reported to have said28: He who sees something despicable in his ruler should bear with it, for he who detaches himself to the slightest degree from the State and dies in that condition shall die the death of ignorance.

In another version in the same collection of his sayings, the Prophet (saws) is reported to have said29: He who sees something despicable in his ruler should bear with it, for he who detaches himself to the slightest degree from the Sovereignty and dies in that condition shall die the death of ignorance (Kitabu'l-Fitan)

Ghamidi explains that in these two versions, the words Al-Jama'ah (the State) and Al-Sultan (the Sovereignty) have been used interchangeably, which clearly shows that this directive of the Prophet (saws) pertains to such a body as has political sovereignty in a geographically independent area in which there is a system of government.30

It should be obvious from the arguments given above that the government in Pakistan, which is brought to power through the mandate given to it by the majority vote of the Muslim citizens is the embodiment of the sovereignty of the State and as such it represents the State. Therefore, a Muslim does not have the right to rebel against the government (Similar opinions are also held by some of the earliest and very highly venerated Muslim political thinkers like Al-Mawardi (Al-Ahkamu'l-Sultaniyyah w'al-Wilayat), Nizamu'l- Mulk (Siyarul-Muluk) and (especially) Ghazali (Nasihatu'l-Muluk). It is indeed the duty of a Muslim to propagate the truth with wisdom and sagacity and, if need be, with personal sacrifice. The way the likes of Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, Malik Ibn Anas and Abu Hanifah bore persecution at the hands of the rulers of their respective times is a testimony to the fact that the prominent scholars of Islam have never shirked from making sacrifices for the sake of truth, yet have always distanced themselves from vandalism, terrorism, disruption and rebellion even if the rulers were morally corrupt. Indeed, it is this kind of propagation which was termed as a great Jihad by the Prophet (saws). In Tirmidhi's Kitabu'l-Fitan, he is reported to have said31: Verily, words of truth and justice are a great Jihad especially when said in front of an oppressive ruler.

Ghamidi has explained in detail the conditions that must be fulfilled before rebellion against the State is allowed.32 A brief mention of these conditions would not be out of place here:

The first condition is that the rulers unequivocally deny Islam or any of its directives. The fourth verse of the 59th chapter of Qur'an quoted earlier points out that obedience to rulers is obligatory as long as they are from within the Muslims ('those in authority among you').

The Prophet (saws) is also reported to have laid down the same condition for refusal to accept the authority of the rulers.

, when you see unequivocal denial by them and in a matter regarding which you have an explicit directive from Allah. (Muslim, Kitabu'l-Imarah)

The second and the third conditions, based on amruhum shura baynahum -- 'their affairs are by consultation among them' (the Qur'an 42:38) --, are that the government against which Khuruj is taken place should be a dictatorship which does not enjoy the support of the masses and that the leader of the Khuruj should be a person who has the indubitable support of the nation.

All these conditions are essential in that even if one of them is missing, Khuruj is not permissible.

Furthermore, in case of militant struggle, there is another condition: the rebels must migrate to another land and form an independent State there.

Before discussing the basis and the reason for this condition, it would be pertinent to point out here that the militant Islamists often term all their subversive activities as Jihad. Actually, Jihad is a nomen verbum of Jahada, which means to make one's utmost effort. In Islamic terminology, the word denotes one's utmost effort in the way of Allah. One of the connotations of the word is making one's utmost effort in a militant struggle for Allah. In that sense it is used as a synonym for Qital fi sabil Allah (killing in the way of Allah), which is the more precise term for any kind of militant religious struggle -- be it a battle or war or a rebellion (Khuruj). And in any case, Qital fi sabil Allah is a prerogative of the State. In other words, in Islam there is no concept of Jihad or Qital (militant struggle) of any kind without the authority of the State.

The basis for this condition is that God Almighty did not ever give the permission to use the sword even to the Prophets (saws), who are the final manifestation of the truth for their people, until they had established their rule over their followers as their political sovereigns after migrating with them to another land and forming an independent State there. Moses (As) was given the directive for Jihad only after this condition had been met and, similarly, the Prophet (saws) and his followers were also allowed to do Jihad only when after the Pledge of 'Aqabah they were able to establish an independent State at Yathrib (later known as Madinah).33

The reason for this condition is that without the authority of the State Jihad often becomes Fasad. A group which does not even have the legal authority to sentence a criminal cannot be allowed to gamble with the lives and property of people. For this reason, Muslim jurists have always regarded this condition as essential:

And the third category of collective duties is one in which [the authority] of the Head of the State is a necessary condition, for example Jihad and the implementation of the Islamic law of punishments.34

This is the gist of augments given by Ghamdi for the conditions for Khuruj. Earlier, Hamidu'l-Din Farahi and Amin Ahsan Islahi, two exegetes of the Qur'an, had also expressed similar views in very strong tones. Writes Farahi: Jihad in one's own country is not allowed unless one migrates to another land. Accounts of Abraham's life (As) and other verses [of the Qur'an] related to Hijrah (migration) also point up this principle. The events of the Prophet's life (saws) also corroborate it. The reason for this principle is that without the authority of one who represents the collectivity of the Muslims in the State and has political sovereignty, Jihad is merely chaos and disruption and anarchy and disorder.35

Amin Ahsan Islahi, makes the following comments on the same principle: The first reason [for this condition] is that God Almighty does not like the disruption and disintegration of even an evil system until a strong probability exists that those out to disintegrate the system will provide people with an alternative, righteous system. Anarchy and disorder are unnatural conditions. In fact, they are so contrary to human nature that even an unjust system is preferable to them. For this reason, God Almighty has not given the right to wage war to a group which is dubious and obscure, the power and authority of which is undefined, which is without the sovereignty of a ruler, the loyalty and obedience of which is untested and the members of which are disorganised and undisciplined -- who can disrupt a system but cannot prove that they have the ability to integrate a disintegrated environment. This confidence [that a group will be able to create harmony and integrate a disorganised environment into an organised system] can only be reposed in such a group as has actually formed a political government and has such control and discipline within the confines of its authority that it can be termed as Al-Jama'ah [the government as a representative of the State]. Until a group attains this position, it can strive to become Al-Jama'ah [through religiously allowable and through legal and constitutional means] -- and that endeavour of its would be its Jihad for that time -- but it does not have the right to wage an armed Jihad and a war.

The second reason is that the import of the authority which a group engaged in war gets over the life and property of human beings is so great that such authority cannot be given to a group in which the authority of the leader over his followers is merely moral36. Mere moral authority is not a sufficient guarantee that the leader will be able to stop his followers from Fasad fi'l-Ard37. Therefore, a religious leader does not have the right to allow his followers to take out their swords38 merely on the basis of his spiritual relationship with them, for once the sword is unsheathed there is great danger that it will not care for right and wrong and that those who drew it will end up doing all [the wrong which] they had sought to end. Those revolutionary groups the object of which is nothing more than disruption of the existing system and deposition of the ruling party to seize power for themselves play such games -- and they can, for in their eyes disruption of a system is no calamity, nor is cruelty of any kind an evil. Everything is right to them [as long as it serves their purpose]. However, the leaders of a just and righteous group must see whether they are in a position to provide people with a system better than the one they seek to change and whether they will be able to stop their followers from doing such wrong as they themselves had sought to root out. If they are not in that position, then they do not have the right to play games with the lives and property of people on the basis of their confidence in mere chances or create greater disorder than the one they had sought to end.39

It should be obvious from the passage quoted above that the right to wage war cannot be given to a group of individuals, who do not even have the legal authority to award punishment to a criminal. Without political sovereignty, Jihad is often nothing short of Fasad. Thus, such militant groups as mislead their followers into believing that their terrorism is a form of Jihad have no Islamic basis whatsoever for their claim.40

Now, let us analyse the next argument of the Islamist militants: that they only kill Kuffar41, who are out to destroy Islam. Let's see who is really a Kafir (singular of Kuffar) and who is not. And let's also take a look at whether any individual or group has the authority to declare a Muslim a Kafir.

Ghamidi believes that Takfir, or declaring anyone a Kafir, was the prerogative of the Prophet (saws) -- who did that on the basis of Divine revelation. The authorized companions of the Prophet (sws) had the Divine sanction to give the punishment for Takfir to other specified non-Muslim nations apart from the direct addressees of the Prophet (saws) on the basis of Itmamu'l-Hujjah done by him. After the Prophet (saws) and his Companions, no one has the right to declare anyone a kafir.

The reasons Ghamidi gives for this principle are as follows:

A Kafir as a Qur'ânic term refers to one who denies a Rasul even after the truth of his message has been made absolutely clear to him. Such manifestation of the truth by those messengers of God (termed Rusul; sing. Rasul) who are sent as His final judgment to a people may be termed as Itmamu'l-Hujjah. This takfir, therefore, is actually done by God Himself. The polytheists of Banu Isma'il received death punishment on this basis as is described in Surah Tawbah (9:5 & 9:11). Of the Prophet's direct addressees, the People of the Book were given other punishments (described in the same surah) but were spared the death punishment as they did not profess polytheism as their faith.42

The Prophet (saws) was the last messenger of God. With his status as a Rasul, the Prophet (saws) was in a position to do Itmamu'l-Hujjah even as an individual. No one after him has that privilege. No individual can do Itmamu'l-Hujjah now because no individual can claim that his propagation has manifested the truth to the extent that no excuse is left to deny it. Indeed, an individual cannot even be absolutely certain of having understood the truth absolutely correctly. He can only be certain that God will reward him for doing his duty as he has 'been given the light to see it'. Only the Prophet's word (saws) is final in religion. According to Ghamidi, after the Prophet (saws), the responsibility of bearing witness to the truth of Islam was passed on to his Companions43, who were declared Ummah Wasat (the intermediate people) and the shuhada 'ala'l-Nas (witnesses over people).44 The Qur'an says: He has chosen you, and has imposed no difficulties on you in religion; it is the religion of your father Abraham. It is He Who has named you Muslims, both before and in this [Qur'an]: [He chose you so that] the Rasul may be a witness [of this religion] to you, and you be witnesses of this religion to non-Muslims [of your time]. (22:78)

Thus we have made you an intermediate group so that you be witnesses [of this religion] over the nations, and the Rasul be such a witness over you. (2:143)

Ghamidi believes that this special status of the Companions ended with them, no one now has the right to declare anyone a Kafir or to punish him on that basis.

As far as the issue of declaring someone a non-Muslim is concerned, Ghamidi regards it as essentially a legal one. Therefore, in his opinion only the state has the right to decide in this regard. A person who professes Islam is a Muslim unless the Islamic State, which represents the opinion of the Muslims in a land, declares him otherwise. Ideally, effort should be made to convince him of a truth (without coercing him in any manner). If it all he has to be declared a non-Muslim, it should preferably be done at the level of not one Islamic State but at the level of a body representing all Islamic States so that a person is not a Muslim in one Islamic State and a non-Muslim in another. According to Ghamidi, the Qur'ânic guideline to the Islamic State in this regard in Surah Tawbah (9:5 & 9:11) is that a person who professes to be a Muslim should be considered one if he:

accepts the fundamentals of Islam (what are those fundamentals can again be decided on the basis of amruhim shura baynahum in relation to the Qur'an and the Sunnah).

says the obligatory prayer, and

pays zakah (the obligatory payment of tax on Muslims).45

However, all these principles do not indicate that Muslims should be indifferent to dissents and heresies in religion. It is especially incumbent upon scholars and intellectuals to carry on the task of Da'wah (propagation of the truth) and of Indhar (admonition).

Experience has shown that scholars and intellectuals can best fulfill this responsibility by staying out of politics. It is indeed very fortunate when a political leader is religious, but when a religious leader is political he usually ends up being neither a politician nor a religious leader. Moreover, religious leaders need to understand that there are occasions when speaking out the truth is a requirement of faith and there are occasions when restraining oneself is a requirement of sagacity -- and that the Qur'an requires Da'wah with wisdom and sagacity: a Da'wah which vanquishes the hearts of people rather than killing or battering them.46

Some militant Islamists also argue that their militancy is for self-Defence. Their argument is that as a result of their Da'wah, opposing groups become aggressive, which entails self-Defence.

There is a big difference between what can legitimately be termed as 'self-Defence' and the 'aggression for the sake of self-Defence' that these Islamists usually commit. Extending the meaning of self-Defence to include downright aggression is carrying things too far. Many of these groups argue that not retaliating to aggression is a Christian attitude of 'turning the other cheek'. Islam gives the concept of Qisas, an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

It should be borne in mind that an Islamic State has not only the responsibility but also the sole authority to implement the Law of Qisas. Qisas has often been rendered into English as 'retaliation'47 -- a translation which has misled many into believing that personal vendettas are allowed -- in fact encouraged -- in Islam (for example, a report on terrorism 'Bosnia -- A Springboard for Terrorism' prepared by a special task force of the U.S. Senate presents the same view of Islam, which viewpoint is further stressed in the Task Force's reply to a letter of protest by the American Muslim Council). It seems that the argument rests on an incorrect understanding of a Qur'ânic verse: And whoever is killed unjustly, We have given his heir the authority. Therefore, he [the heir] should not exceed in killing, for verily he has been helped. (17:33)

The last part of the verse 'for verily he has been helped' refers to the fact that the State and the law are on his side. 'We have given his heir the authority' means that the heir has the authority to either demand Qisas or forgive the offender. 'He should not exceed in killing' means that since the society is now on the heir's side he should not exceed the limits either by taking the law into his own hand or by demanding a greater punishment than what the offender actually deserves. Ghamidi points out that the fact the Islamic penal laws were implemented only after the establishment of the State and the fact that the whole society has specifically been addressed in most Qur'ânic verses (for instance 6:178-179 and 5:45) pertaining to these laws prove beyond doubt that the directive of implementing the law of Qisas relate to the whole society -- which obviously works through the State and its organs (as the judiciary in this case)48. Therefore, lynching and engaging in personal vendettas have no room in Islam. As already explained, prominent Muslim jurists have always maintained that in some matters related to the collectivity of the Muslims, the authority of the Sovereignty is a necessary condition, for example Jihad (that is Qital) and the implementation of the law of punishments (Iqamatu'l-Hudud):

And the third category of collective responsibility is that in which the authority of the Sovereignty is a necessary condition, for example Jihad and the law of punishments.49

Nothing could be farther from the truth than the idea that Qisas refers to retaliation by an individual or a group. Such retaliation, even if equal harm is done to the offender, simply negates the purpose of the law of Qisas. The words of the Qur'an 'In Qisas there is life for you' refer to the fact that when the State does not provide the people in a society with justice, they often resort to personal vendettas and revenge, which shake the very foundation on which the edifice of a social set-up rests.

A Muslim who has been wronged has the right to demand Qisas and it is the duty of the State to provide him with justice. The Qur'an entails that much. But the Qur'an also goes further than that. It gives a high place to an attitude of forgiveness. Turning the other cheek is not merely a Christian attitude. Jesus (sws) was not telling the judge in a court of law to turn the other cheek while deciding the fate of a serial killer. He was not telling that to the State facing an enemy State in war. He was telling that to a preacher out to conquer the hearts of people. To conquer hearts one never slays, but is slain. One does not take revenge, but forgives. These are the rules for a preacher. Though not the law, they are a great honour and a great privilege. The Qur'an says: The good and the evil are not equal. Repel evil with that which is better than all others; then you will see that he, between whom and you there was enmity, has become as if he were a truly close friend. And this sagacity is not afforded to anyone except those who persevere and this wisdom is not granted except to those who are indeed very fortunate. And if you feel any evil incitement from Satan, seek refuge of Allah. Verily, He is the Hearer, the knower. (41:34-36)

This is the attitude of a Muslim towards those who wrong him because of his Da'wah -- an attitude the Qur'an terms as something truly sublime. With this line of thinking, how is it possible to think of retaliation and personal vengeance? And more than that, how is it possible for any Muslim to believe that he will be able to justify himself on the Day of Judgement for killing innocent people?

V. Appendix

Response to some criticisms on the views presented in the dissertation [/b]
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by firdaus4us: 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2006
Read this to be informed about [b]The mother of all terrorists, to be taken quite literally!

For those of you who want facts and figures and have the intellect to judge 'good' from 'evil' and the courage to know and say out the truth, for the rest should move to some other Article NOW!

Ever since the United States Army massacred 300 Lakotas in 1890, American forces have intervened elsewhere around the globe 100 times. Indeed the United States has sent troops abroad or militarily struck other countries' territory 216 times since independence from Britain. Since 1945 the United States has intervened in more than 20 countries throughout the world.

Since World War II, the United States actually dropped bombs on 23 countries. These include:
China 1945-46,Korea 1950-53, China 1950-53, Guatemala 1954,Indonesia 1958, Cuba 1959-60, Guatemala 1960, Congo1964, Peru 1965, Laos 1964-73, Vietnam 1961-73,Cambodia 1969-70, Guatemala 1967-69, Grenada 1983,Lebanon 1984, Libya 1986, El Salvador 1980s, Nicaragua1980s, Panama 1989, Iraq 1991-1999, Sudan 1998,Afghanistan 1998, and Yugoslavia 1999.

Post World War II, the United States has also assisted in over 20 different coups throughout the world, and the CIA was responsible for half a dozen assassinations of political heads of state.

The following is a comprehensive summary of the imperialist strategy of the United States over the span of the past century:

Argentina - 1890 - Troops sent to Buenos Aires to protect business interests.

Chile - 1891 - Marines sent to Chile and clashed with nationalist rebels.

Haiti - 1891 - American troops suppress a revolt by Black workers on United States-claimed Navassa Island.

Hawaii - 1893 - Navy sent to Hawaii to overthrow the independent kingdom - Hawaii annexed by the United States.

Nicaragua - 1894 - Troops occupied Bluefields, a city on the Caribbean Sea, for a month.

China - 1894-95 - Navy, Army, and Marines landed during the Sino-Japanese War.

Korea - 1894-96 - Troops kept in Seoul during the war.

Panama - 1895 - Army, Navy, and Marines landed in the port city of Corinto.

China - 1894-1900 - Troops occupied China during the Boxer Rebellion.

Philippines - 1898-1910 - Navy and Army troops landed after the Philippines fell during the Spanish-American War; 600,000 Filipinos were killed.

Cuba - 1898-1902 - Troops seized Cuba in the Spanish- American War; the United States still maintains troops at Guantanamo Bay today.

Puerto Rico - 1898 - present - Troops seized Puerto Rico in the Spanish-American War and still occupy Puerto Rico today.

Nicaragua - 1898 - Marines landed at the port of San Juan del Sur.

Samoa - 1899 - Troops landed as a result over the battle for succession to the throne.

Panama - 1901-14 - Navy supported the revolution when Panama claimed independence from Colombia. American troops have occupied the Canal Zone since 1901 when construction for the canal began.

Honduras - 1903 - Marines landed to intervene during a revolution.

Dominican Rep 1903-04 - Troops landed to protect American interests during a revolution.

Korea - 1904-05 - Marines landed during the Russo-Japanese War.

Cuba - 1906-09 - Troops landed during an election.

Nicaragua - 1907 - Troops landed and a protectorate was set up.

Honduras - 1907 - Marines landed during Honduras' war with Nicaragua.

Panama - 1908 - Marines sent in during Panama's election.

Nicaragua - 1910 - Marines landed for a second time in Bluefields and Corinto.

Honduras - 1911 - Troops sent in to protect American interests during Honduras' civil war.

China - 1911-41 - Navy and troops sent to China during continuous flare-ups.

Cuba - 1912 - Troops sent in to protect American interests in Havana.

Panama - 1912 - Marines landed during Panama's election.

Honduras - 1912 - Troops sent in to protect American interests.

Nicaragua - 1912-33 - Troops occupied Nicaragua and fought guerrillas during its 20-year civil war.

Mexico - 1913 - Navy evacuated Americans during revolution.

Dominican Rep 1914 - Navy fought with rebels over Santo Domingo.

Mexico - 1914-18 - Navy and troops sent in to intervene against nationalists.

Haiti - 1914-34 - Troops occupied Haiti after a revolution and occupied Haiti for 19 years.

Dominican Rep 1916-24 - Marines occupied the Dominican Republic for eight years.

Cuba - 1917-33 - Troops landed and occupied Cuba for 16 years; Cuba became an economic protectorate.

World War I - 1917-18 - Navy and Army sent to Europe to fight the Axis powers.

Russia - 1918-22 - Navy and troops sent to eastern Russia after the Bolshevik Revolution; Army made five landings.

Honduras - 1919 - Marines sent during Honduras' national elections.

Guatemala - 1920 - Troops occupied Guatemala for two weeks during a union strike.

Turkey - 1922 - Troops fought nationalists in Smyrna.

China - 1922-27 - Navy and Army troops deployed during a nationalist revolt.

Honduras - 1924-25 - Troops landed twice during a national election.

Panama - 1925 - Troops sent in to put down a general strike.

China - 1927-34 - Marines sent in and stationed for seven years throughout China.

El Salvador - 1932 - Naval warships deployed during the FMLN revolt under Marti.

World War II - 1941-45 - Military fought the Axis powers: Japan, Germany, and Italy.

Yugoslavia - 1946 - Navy deployed off the coast of Yugoslavia in response to the downing of an American plane.

Uruguay - 1947 - Bombers deployed as a show of military force.

Greece - 1947-49 - United States operations insured a victory for the far right in national "elections."

Germany - 1948 - Military deployed in response to the Berlin blockade; the Berlin airlift lasts 444 days.

Philippines - 1948-54 - The CIA directed a civil war against the Filipino Huk revolt.

Puerto Rico - 1950 - Military helped crush an independence rebellion in Ponce.

Korean War - 1951-53 - Military sent in during the war.

Iran - 1953 - The CIA orchestrated the overthrow of democratically elected Mossadegh and restored the Shah to power.

Vietnam - 1954 - The United States offered weapons to the French in the battle against Ho Chi Minh and the Viet Minh.

Guatemala - 1954 - The CIA overthrew the democratically elected Arbenz and placed Colonel Armas in power.

Egypt - 1956 - Marines deployed to evacuate foreigners after Nasser nationalized the Suez Canal.

Lebanon - 1958 - Navy supported an Army occupation of Lebanon during its civil war.

Panama - 1958 - Troops landed after Panamanians demonstrations threatened the Canal Zone.

Vietnam - 1950s-75 - Vietnam War.

Cuba - 1961 - The CIA-directed Bay of Pigs invasions failed to overthrow the Castro government.

Cuba - 1962 - The Navy quarantines Cuba during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Laos - 1962 - Military occupied Laos during its civil war against the Pathet Lao guerrillas.

Panama - 1964 - Troops sent in and Panamanians shot while protesting the United States presence in the Canal Zone.

Indonesia - 1965 - The CIA orchestrated a military coup.

Dominican Rep- 1965-66 - Troops deployed during a national election.

Guatemala - 1966-67 - Green Berets sent in.

Cambodia - 1969-75 - Military sent in after the Vietnam War expanded into Cambodia.

Oman - 1970 - Marines landed to direct a possible invasion into Iran.

Laos - 1971-75 - Americans carpet-bomb the countryside during Laos' civil war.

Chile - 1973 - The CIA orchestrated a coup, killing President Allende who had been popularly elected. The CIA helped to establish a military regime under General Pinochet.

Cambodia - 1975 - Twenty-eight Americans killed in an effort to retrieve the crew of the Mayaquez, which had been seized.

Angola - 1976-92 - The CIA backed South African rebels fighting against Marxist Angola.

Iran - 1980 - Americans aborted a rescue attempt to liberate 52 hostages seized in the Teheran
embassy.

Libya - 1981 - American fighters shoot down two Libyan fighters.

El Salvador - 1981-92 - The CIA, troops, and advisers aid in El Salvador's war against the FMLN.

Nicaragua - 1981-90 - The CIA and NSC directed the Contra War against the Sandinistas.

Lebanon - 1982-84 - Marines occupied Beirut during Lebanon's civil war; 241 were killed in the American barracks and Reagan "redeployed" the troops to the Mediterranean.

Honduras - 1983-89 - Troops sent in to build bases near the Honduran border.

Grenada - 1983-84 - American invasion overthrew the Maurice Bishop government.

Iran - 1984 - American fighters shot down two Iranian planes over the Persian Gulf.

Libya - 1986 - American fighters hit targets in and around the capital city of Tripoli.

Bolivia - 1986 - The Army assisted government troops on raids of cocaine areas.

Iran - 1987-88 - The United States intervened on the side of Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War.

Libya - 1989 - Navy shot down two more Libyan jets.

Virgin Islands - 1989 - Troops landed during unrest among Virgin Island peoples.

Philippines - 1989 - Air Force provided air cover for government during coup.

Panama - 1989-90 - 27,000 Americans landed in overthrow of President Noriega; over 2,000 Panama civilians were killed.

Liberia - 1990 - Troops entered Liberia to evacuate foreigners during civil war.

Saudi Arabia - 1990-91 - American troops sent to Saudi Arabia, which was a staging area in the war against Iraq.

Kuwait - 1991 - Troops sent into Kuwait to turn back Saddam Hussein.

Somalia - 1992-94 - Troops occupied Somalia during civil war.

Bosnia - 1993-95 - Air Force jets bombed "no-fly zone" during civil war in Yugoslavia.

Haiti - 1994-96 - American troops and Navy provided a blockade against Haiti's military government. The CIA restored Aristide to power.

Zaire - 1996-97 - Marines sent into Rwanda Hutus' refugee camps in the area where the Congo revolution began.

Albania - 1997 - Troops deployed during evacuation of foreigners.

Sudan - 1998 - American missiles destroyed a pharmaceutical complex where alleged nerve gas components were manufactured.

Afghanistan - 1998 - Missiles launched towards alleged Afghan terrorist training camps.

Yugoslavia - 1999 - Bombings and missile attacks carried out by the United States in conjunction with NATO in the 11 week war against Milosevic.

Iraq - 1998-2001 - Missiles launched into Baghdad and other large Iraq cities for four days.

American jets enforced "no-fly zone" and continued to hit Iraqi targets since December 1998.

These **100** instances of American military intervention did not include times when the United States:

(1) deployed military police overseas;

(2) mobilized the National Guard;

(3) sent Navy ships off the coast of numerous countries as a show of strength;

(4) sent additional troops to areas where Americans were already stationed;

(5) carried out covert actions where American forces were not under the direct rule of an
American command;

(6) used small hostage rescue units;

(7) used American pilots to fly foreign planes;

(cool carried out military training and advisory programs which did not involve direct combat.

U. S. Government Assassination Plots
============================
Following is a list of prominent foreign leaders whose assassination (or planning for same) the United States has been involved in since the end of Second World War. The list does not include several assassinations in various parts of the world carried out by anti-Castro Cubans employed by CIA and headquartered in the United States:

LIST A: NON MUSLIMS

1949 - KIm Koo, Korean opposition leader
1950's - CIA/Neo-Nazi hit list of numerous political figures in West Germany
1955 - Jose' Antonio Remon, President of Panama
1950's Chou En-lai, Prime Minister of China, several attempts on his life
1951 - Kim Il Sung, Premiere of North Korea
1950s (mid) - Claro M. Recto, Philippines opposition leader
1955 - Jawar Lal Nehru, Prime Minister of India
1959 and 1963 - Norodom Sihanouk, leader of Cambodia
1950s-70s - Jose Figueres, President of Costa Rica, two attempts on his life
1961 - Francois "Papa Doc"Duvalier, leader of Haiti
1961 - Patrice Lumumba , Prime Minister of Congo (Zaire)
1961 - Gen. Rafael Trujillo, leader of Dominican Republic
1963 - Ngo Dinh Diem, President of South Vietnam
1960s - Fidel Castro, President of Cuba, more than 15 attempts on his life
1960s - Raul Castro, high official in government of Cuba
1965 - Francisco Caamanao, Dominican Republic opposition leader
1965 - Pierre Ngendandumwe, Prime Minister of Burundi
1965-6 - Charles de Gaulle, President of France
1967 - Che Guevara, Cuban leader
1970 - Salvadore Allende, President of Chile
1970 - General Rene Schneider, Commander-in-Chief of Army, Chile
1970s and 1981 - Gen. Omar Torrijos, leader of Panama
1972 - General Manuel Noriega, Chief of Panama Intelligence
1975 - Mobutu Sese Seko, President of Zaire
1976 - Michael Manley, Prime Minister of Jamaica
1983 - Miguel d'Escoto, Foreign Minister of Nicaragua
1984 - The nine commandantes of the Sandanista National Directorate
1980's - Dr. Gerald Bull, Canadian Ballistics Scientist assassinated by Mossad in Belgium.

Partial List of Muslim Leaders Assassinated or Attempted Assassinations

1950's Sukarno, President of Indonesia
1957 Gamal Abdul Nasser, President of Egypt
1960 Brigadier General, Abdul Karim Kassem, Leader of Iraq
1980-86 Muammar Qaddafi, Leader of Libya, several plots and attempts upon his life
1982 Ayatullah Khomeini, Leader of Iran
1983 General Ahmed Dlimi, Moroccan army Commander
1985 Sheikh Mohammed Hussein Fadllallah, Lebanese Shiite Leader (80 people killed in that attempt)
1991 Saddam Hussein, Leader of Iraq
Reference: Blum, William, "KILLING HOPE -

U.S. Military and CIA Interventions Since World War II," Appendix III U.S. Government Assassination Plots, page 453, Common Courage Press, Monroe, Maine 1995. ISBN 1-56751-052-3

Very likely Victims :
April 4, 1979 - Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, Leader of Pakistan, for pursuing making of Nuclear Bomb.
August, 1988. General Ziaul Haq, Military Leader of Pakistan.
1995 - Murtaza Bhutto, Son of ZUlfiqar Ali Bhutto, Anti-American would-be Leader - Pakistan.
March 25, 1975 - King Faisal of Saudi Arabia through his Nephew, Saudi Arabia for imposing 1973 Oil Embargo.
August 24, 1999. Mullah Mohammad Omar, in Kandhar, Afghanistan.

"List of Known Assassination Plots"

1950's Sukarno, President of Indonesia
1957 Gamal Abdul Nasser, President
2001 Since early this year more than 40 Palestinian leaders assassinated through surrogate Israel with the help of CIA.
Law of Nature: Newton's Third Law in Physics: "For every Action, there is an equal and opposite Reaction."

"Are they who plan ill-deeds then secure that Allah will not cause the earth to swallow them, or that the doom will not come on them whence they know not ?"[an-Nahl 16:45]

"O you believe answer the call of Allaah (swt) and His Messenger (saw) to that which gives you Life."(8:24)
A time for thought.
A time for action.
A time for change!
Prophet Muhammad (saw), said:
"The Muslim Ummah is a unique ummah among the whole of mankind: Their LAND is one, their WAR is one, their PEACE is one, their HONOR is one and their TRUST is one" (Imam ahmed) Remember there is NO Life or Dignity without Islaam!!![/b]
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by m4malik(m): 4:31pm On Jul 27, 2006
@babyosisi,

Well, what could I say? One really could (and should, sometimes) empathise with the simple-minded Muslim who hates to see these matters (I know how it feels because I've been there before). There are so many Biblical events and narratives that the Qur'an seems to adopt, albeit with a recasting that twists the established accounts in the Bible. When I started reading the Bible with a mindset to "hunt out" perceived inconsistencies, I was awestruck at the simplicity, honesty and openness to scrutiny found in it than the Qur'an offers. It wasn't that easy to see the light, but all through the struggles in my heart, the God who speaks in the Bible was so patient and merciful as to forebear with all the nasty things I'd done previously. . . and then still wait to offer me His grace.

@firdaus4us,

Many thanks for your offer of those verses - they were in very fact some that I struggled with while still a Muslim. However, I would ike you to consider how I see them now that the scales have fallen off my eyes by God's true mercy:

firdaus4us:

And behold! God will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of God'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden. (5:116)

Could you please ask yourself just one question: Where did Muhammad get his idea from that Christians were worshipping Mary as part of the Trinity? Nowehere in history as far as I know, and the Trinity has always been the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (not Mary the mother!). I may not know how Muhammad got his summation that the Trinity comprised the Father, the Mother and the Son; but what I do know is that he was misled into believing his own made-up accusations against Christians that he couldn't even check out the facts of what true Christians believed.

firdaus4us:

"Never said I to them aught except what Thou didst command me to say, to wit, 'worship God, my Lord and your Lord'; and I was a witness over them whilst I dwelt amongst them; when Thou didst take me up Thou wast the Watcher over them, and Thou art a witness to all things. (5:117)

How could we trust Muhammad's "revelation" to be true if he was wrong in the previous verse? I'm sorry, but if he was wrong in the preceding verse, it would be foolhardy to trust the subsequent verse.

Moreover, any account of the actual life, teaching and ministry of Jesus Christ should be obtained from the Bible, not the redaction found in the Qur'an. While Jesus ministered among men on earth, He was not merely a witness but the very incarnate Word who was the only begotten of the Father - see it for yourself:

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. - John 1:14.

Indeed, Jesus in the Bible is the faithful witness (Rev. 1:5); but more than that, He is the divine Word who is Himself actually God incarnate -

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. - John 1:1.

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. - Rev. 19:13.

This is what Muhammad tried to deny all through the Qur'an and his career - the deity of Jesus Christ, His divine Sonship, and His atoning and vicarious sacrifice and resurrection. Instead, Muhammad placed the death of Jesus Christ at the end of the world - and guess where? Not in the Qur'an but in the Hadith where he supposed that Jesus would die after destroying the antichrist and making Muslims of everyone. My question is - why would Jesus need to die at all at the end of the age after destroying the antichrist, and not possible for Him to have died and risen before even the emergence of the antichrist?

firdaus4us:

"If Thou dost punish them, they are Thy servant: If Thou dost forgive them, Thou art the Exalted in power, the Wise." (5:118)

I sympathise with your convictions; however, I've come to realise that a loving God is not all about "punishing servants" but showing mercy to His chosen. When Jesus spoke of believers, He elevated them from the mere estate of servitude to one of friendship - see again for yourself:

Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. - John 15:15.

Isn't that wonderful - and is that not how one longs to know and worship God. . . without fear, ignorance and bias? Jesus wanted us to have that amazing love of His friendship, so that we could know the Father's loving heart, His amazing love, and His power to uplift, bless and establish people's lives in righteousness. That doesn't mean we cease being servants of God; but it does uplift our hearts to know that He loves us and is willing to declare the Father's heart of mercy to us, rather than a picture of "punishing servants".

firdaus4us:

God will say: "This is a day on which the truthful will profit from their truth: theirs are gardens, with rivers flowing beneath,- their eternal Home: God well-pleased with them, and they with God: That is the great salvation, (the fulfilment of all desires). (5:119)

Thank God for that if you long for such a garden. However, I long for the divine Palace known as the New Jerusalem, the holy city, where the streets are paved with gold (Rev. 21:21). I'm sorry, but that's the choice I've made for the One who promised me that blessing and whose word is as sure as can be. I know in myself that nothing I do can get me there (and there are too many things that I'd done in the past); but this one thing quailifies a person for that place: to have one's name written in the Lamb's book of Life - see for yourself:

And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
 - Rev. 21:23-27

Thank you again for your calm and amicable concern. But do please consider what I have been missing out on. . . until I became a Christian.
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 27, 2006
firdar 4us,what are you saying exactly.
The USA intervened in several wars as you rightly put it,that make it a terrorist nation?

Unless you people begin to open your eyes and mind and think for yourselves and not propagate what your mullahs tell you,the world has no chance of rest from you guys.

Ask yourself a simple question.
Why are there so many atrocities committed in the name of Islam?
Try to get to the root cause,or else you like all the other Muslims would continue to point fingers at eveybody else but yourselves and your hateful religion.

You started out proclaiming peace and slowly your true self is emerging.
We have seen the likes of you several times.
underneath all that supposed calm demeanor is a man with a bow and arrow waiting to fight the infidels to the last man.

All we are saying,practice your religion,teach your children and others to be tolerant of other people rather than justify your wicked actions by nonsense.

By the way America is a secular and not a Christian nation and they are not your problems,your problems lie within.
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by m4malik(m): 5:39pm On Jul 27, 2006
babyosisi:

By the way America is a secular and not a Christian nation and they are not your problems,your problems lie within.

They won't ever see that, because they don't know what Christianity actually is. Often, they would rather cry hoo-ha at the West than tackle issues in Islam that is making their fellows in the Middle East to be so bellicose. Before the allied forces went to Iraq, was Saddam Hussein a Muslim? And was it American policy that made him kill his own people? That's just one example among the many that show that Muslims don't need any kind of political action from any part f the earth to turn upon themselves.
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by Softee(f): 3:12am On Jul 28, 2006
To those who did not understand this thread. This is what i mean - a typical mind game by a muslim man!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJhPaSXVrKI&search=muslim%20bible

If you watch this video you will see that the man said there was a contradiction, that in the bible it says " God is not a man, God is not the son of man". Yes if the clown put it like that then why is their christianity? But the man failed to say the whole verse: Numbers 23:19

God is not a man, that he should lie,
nor a son of man, that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act?
Does he promise and not fulfill?

Man = Human beings. We lie don't we? so in this verse God was just proving that he does not lie
Man= Human beings. We change our minds don't we? God was proving that he does not change his mind. Something some muslims seem to forget was that Jesus is not a man. he only cam in man/human form and after he done his jobs on earth he went back to heaven as the God that he has always been.

This is what i mean by mind games, why didn't the man say the whole verse? why try to prove a point that is not valid??
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by nuru(m): 7:19am On Jul 28, 2006
Al-Quran

Surah Al-Ikhlas (The Unity, Sincerity, Oneness Of God)
Chapter 112:

Verses

1. Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;

2. Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;

3. He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;

4. And there is none like unto Him.
Re: Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? by m4malik(m): 11:22am On Jul 28, 2006
If as your Qur'an purports that Allah is the One and Only, and and there's none like him, why then do we read of the same Allah joining partners with himself in matters of creation, prayer and worship? Allah speaks severally in the Qur'an in the plural sense of "WE created" - why is that so? Is it because he was afterall neither One nor Absolute?? Or that he could not have been the One and Only to have created the world and all in it by himself?? Why did he join partners with himself by 'WE' in creation and matters meant only for God?

An "absolute" deity in himself needs not join partners in creating the world or anything in it.

An "absolute" deity needs not join partners with himself in matters of prayer and worship.

It is not enough to just "Say: He is Allah, the One and Only" - we have to be sure that the same "Allah" is not confusing his worshippers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All Skeptics, Rationalists, Agnostics, Humanists: Calling / Should Christian Women Wear Pants? / Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 311
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.