Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) (15417 Views)

Your Best Movie Of The Year (2014) / Name Ur Best Seasonal Movie Of All Time / Best Movie Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by johnbosco(m): 6:07pm On Sep 13, 2005
whats your best movie during the last decade and why?
mine was LOTR(lord of the rings) part 1 -> till anyone they release again
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by hotangel2(f): 6:58pm On Sep 13, 2005
I like "dirty dancing".

"oh lover boy!"
"baby, oohh baby, my sweet baby". ha!
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by johnbosco(m): 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2005
isn't dirty dancing the film which they girl dancer danced at a kinda party ..........yap......she and the boy danced for competition,kinda samba dance right? undecided
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by layi(m): 9:42pm On Sep 13, 2005
Titanic for sure
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by hotangel2(f): 5:47am On Sep 14, 2005
There are three dirty dancing. I am talking about the ORIGINAL one.

There's the orginal, the cut version of the original and the Remake of the original (which was totaly different people).
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by Seye(m): 10:38am On Sep 14, 2005
My Best movie is Hotel Rwanda and i'm looking forward to see "Sometimes in April". I like Historical films
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by fabian(f): 10:44am On Sep 14, 2005
Best Movie in the last decade is a tough one, but i will limit muself to some movies I really liked between 1999 and 2000. Here goes!

Silence of the Lambs (1991)
Jodie Foster, Anthony Hopkins, Scott Glenn, Ted Levine
Memorable Quotes from the movie
Have the Lambs stopped crying Clarice?

Scent of a Woman (1992)
Al Pacino, Chris O’ Donnel
Hooah! When you’ve known him for as long as I have, He becomes John to you………..

A few good men (1992)
Tom Cruise, Jack Nicholson, Demi Moore, Kevin Bacon, Keifer Sutherland
You can't handle the truth!
Did you order the code red? You're goddamn right I did!!
Don't call me son. I'm a lawyer and an officer in the United States Navy. And you're under arrest, you SOB

Forrest Gump (1994)
Tom Hanks, Sally Field
Run, Forrest, Run!
My Mama always said, ‘Life is like a box of Chocolates, you never know what you gonna get.’

The Rock (1996)
Ed Harris, Sean Connery, Nicholas Cage
There's somethin' I've gotta do, Barb. Somethin' I couldn't do while you were here. I tried. You know I tried everything, and I still don't have their attention. Let's hope this elevates their thinking. But whatever happens...please don’t think less of me
Ladies and gentlemen, you're being detained against your will, and for that I apologize. It is not our intention in any way to harm you, you will not be detained one minute longer than is necessary for us to complete our mission.
The men following the General: you're under oath as United States Marines, have you forgotten that? We all have shipmates we remember; some of them were shit on and pissed on by the Pentagon. But that doesn't give you the right to mutiny!
You call 'em what you want! You're down there, we're up here! You walked into the wrong goddamn room, Commander!
I will not repeat the order!
I don't quite see how you can cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. This is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir. Personally, I think you're a effing idiot.

Les Miserables (1998)
Uma Thurman, Liam Neeson, Claire Danes
Now Don't Forget, Don't ever Forget, you've promised to become a new man.

Man in the iron mask (1998)
Leonardo DiCaprio, Jeremy Irons, John Malkovich.
The next time we meet one of us will die!
Anne, I know that to love you is a treason against France, but not to love you is a treason against my heart.
Then we will both die traitors, D'Artagnan

The Sixth Sense (1999)
Bruce Willis, Hailey Joel Osment
I see dead people

Gladiator (2000)
Russel Crowe, Joaquin Phoenix
You wrote to me once, listing the four chief virtues. Wisdom, Justice, Fortitude and Temperance. As I read the list I knew I had none of them. But i have other virtues, father. Ambition, that can be a virtue when it drives us to excel. Resourcefulness. Courage. Perhaps not on the battlefield but there are many forms of courage. Devotion, to my family, to you. But none of my virtues were on your list. Even then, it was as if you didn't want me for your son.
How dare you show your back to me! Slave, you will remove your helmet and tell me your name.
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next

That's my list, I could go on and on, but I want to limit myself to these few. Let's see your list!
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by angelak(f): 10:48am On Sep 14, 2005
My best is Thomas crown affair. well i don't know if it came out within the period of  (1990-2000).

Yep, i really love the original dirty dancing, also 7 brides for 7 brothers and Greece. But i have not been fortunate to come across them again. cry

Fabian, undecided
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by fabian(f): 10:58am On Sep 14, 2005
angela k:

Fabian, undecided

Angela k what

I have a copy of 7 brides for the 7 brothers at home! cheesy
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by angelak(f): 1:38pm On Sep 14, 2005
Fabian lucky you! where did you get it from?
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by fabian(f): 1:58pm On Sep 14, 2005
From home! The movie is so old.............. its on video tape. I had it cleaned and I watch it everytime I wanna laugh! i also have sound of Music, King and I, Oliver Twist and By the light of the Silvery moon!
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by johnbosco(m): 3:37pm On Sep 14, 2005
fabin u aint serious grin grin

i think my list is
1 = LORD OF THE RINGS *(i love this film because of the emotional acts ..dammmm they were just tooo much)
2 = VAN HELSING (i love this film because of the extraordinary effects ....ohhh maaa loooordddd its the best so far that i have seen)
3 = GLADIATOR (this movie was good for me, i think its rusells best so far)
4 = MATRIX 1 ONLY (smith made this movie worth while)
grin grin
5 = zombie the flesh eater cheesy cheesy
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by c0dec(m): 3:41pm On Sep 14, 2005
Die Hard Trilogy cool

yipeekayay mofos
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by hotangel2(f): 5:30pm On Sep 14, 2005
I love sound of music.[i][/i] i can watch it everyday of my life!!!!!!
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by layi(m): 5:37pm On Sep 14, 2005
Doe a deer..a female deer / Ray..a drop of golden sun / Me ..a name i call myself.blah blah

I love "Sound Of Music" to bits.
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by hotangel2(f): 5:38pm On Sep 14, 2005
Damn right u know it.
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by angelak(f): 12:44pm On Sep 15, 2005
I love sound of music but i only watch it to the part when maria and the captain get married. To me that's where the films ends. I hate the other part of the film, it should not be part of the film.
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by johnbosco(m): 3:15pm On Sep 15, 2005
SOUND OF WETIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked
GOD forbid !!

which kain baby film b dat?
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by Chxta(m): 3:41pm On Sep 15, 2005
Shawshank Redemption
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by Chxta(m): 3:44pm On Sep 15, 2005
ZLATAN
Good for you. Lighten up a little. You been sittin' there all quiet.

CHXTA
I just been sittin' here thinkin'.

ZLATAN
About what?

CHXTA
The miracle we witnessed.

ZLATAN
The miracle you witnessed. I witnessed a freak occurrence.

CHXTA
Do you know that a miracle is?

ZLATAN
An act of God.

CHXTA
What's an act of God?

ZLATAN
I guess it's when God makes the impossible possible. And I'm sorry Chxta, but I don't think what happened this morning qualifies.

CHXTA
Don't you see, Zla, that rubbish don't matter. You're judging this
thing the wrong way. It's not about what. It could be God stopped the bullets, he changed Coke into Pepsi, he found my fuckin' car keys. You don't judge rubbish like this based on merit. Whether or not what we experienced was an according-to-Hoyle miracle is insignificant. What is significant is I felt God's touch, God got involved.

ZLATAN
But why?

CHXTA
That's what's fuckin' wit' me! I don't know why. But I can't go back to sleep.

ZLATAN
So you're serious, you're really going to quit?

CHXTA
The life, most definitely.

I changed the names grin
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by hipcaramel(f): 10:32am On Sep 16, 2005
dont know when they all came out but here's a lil part of my list

Save the last dance
Center stage
Clueless (made sense at the time)
A few good men (a classic)
U've got mail (i'm a sucker for romance)
and the list goes on

hey ya'll what about dis millenium (2000-2005)?

A beauliful mind
John Q
Ocean's 11 and 12
Beauty shop
i'll let u know the rest later when i get ur responses.
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by layi(m): 11:32am On Sep 16, 2005
hipcaramel:

Save the last dance
Center stage

2 Different films with same theme. I love them cos i love Dance (ballet or breakdancing) cheesy
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by johnbosco(m): 1:17pm On Sep 16, 2005
i also loved ermmm...

..........you got served(omarion) .

that film was full of mad dance skills.
am actauully waiting to see "rize".
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by slowpoison(m): 1:56pm On Sep 16, 2005
Crying Game
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by hipcaramel(f): 7:01pm On Sep 17, 2005
layi:

2 Different films with same theme. I love them because i love Dance (ballet or breakdancing) cheesy

dance is my passion.
just saw RAY by Jamie Foxx. he so deserved the oscar he got for that role. it was off d hinges.

1 Like

Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by casper(m): 8:12pm On Sep 22, 2005
coming to america

Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by bagoma(f): 11:53pm On Sep 28, 2005
There are so many movies i love but cant say for sure if they fall within the time frame stipulated. but these are some of the very fine ones.

The patriot [starring mel gibson]
Ransom[same as above]
my cousin Vinny[ by far the most hilarious, starring Joe pesci]

There's this particular film i watched starring Julia roberts and one something scot. In the movie, d guy had cancer since when he was little. julia became his nursemaid sort of, then they fell in love etc......... great movie i think..... i have seen this particular movie several times over the past 4yrs or so but i still dont know the title although i think its something like DYING YOUNG. Does anyone have any idea of this movie i'm talking about. i'd really, really like to know. someone pls help a sister out.[code][/code] rolleyes
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by slowpoison(m): 10:39am On Oct 03, 2005
The Fugitive
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by layi(m): 11:47am On Oct 04, 2005
casper:

coming to america

omg! Thanks. I got to run..I need that movie

*If u'r truly the prince, i'll marry you wink*
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by nicetohave(m): 4:35am On Dec 11, 2005
The Last Don
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by Oracle(m): 12:26am On Dec 12, 2005
I cant really say
i love a lot of movies
i mean a lot so itz really really hard to say
but i also love most of the ones you guys listed
nicetohave:

The Last Don
slowpoison:

The Fugitive
casper:

coming to america
Save the last dance A few good men
Re: Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) by casper(m): 6:05pm On Dec 12, 2005
layi:

omg! Thanks. I got to run..I need that movie

*If u'r truly the prince, i'll marry you wink*

Good morning my neigbours!!!!

FXXK you!!

yes yes FXXK you too....... my best words of the movie grin wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hollywood Movies That Showcase Nigeria / Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? / Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.