Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,375 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Does Gtv Work In Nigeria? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Does Gtv Work In Nigeria? (1620 Views)

Frequency and Position of GTV Ghana, MetroTV, and ETV Ethiopia (srt 4650) / Can Anyone In Nigeria Get Me A Gtv/gbs System / Who Wants To Work In Nollywood? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Gtv Work In Nigeria? by medube(m): 3:47pm On Sep 24, 2008
Hi all,

Just came back from Ghana and was really tempted to purchase a GTV decoder and smart card to bring here. I decided not to until I confirmed from other tech guys around here if it is working or already being used so I dont just waste money. Is anyone using it here in Naija? Are they better than HiTV as I dont use them yet in Ghana?

Hope to hear from you guys.
Re: Does Gtv Work In Nigeria? by urfriend(m): 3:59pm On Sep 24, 2008
hi medube,you can receive gtv signals in nigeria.has they are on the same satellite with hitv and dstv.but note that they are not allowed in nigeria.so bring it here well be at your risk,so it's up to you.check www.hitv.com.ng and www.gtv.tv then you be the judge.
Re: Does Gtv Work In Nigeria? by Enigma(m): 4:57pm On Sep 24, 2008
The card and receiver will work in Nigeria since/as long as their signal is receivable in Nigeria. The only thing is you should not tell the GTV people that you are taking the receiver to Nigeria. Other than that, there should be no problem.
Re: Does Gtv Work In Nigeria? by twinstaiye(m): 5:36pm On Sep 24, 2008
As long as you have someone to do the subscription for you, and you do not disclose you are in Nigeria even though i still suspect they will know, then it is possible. But some goodies that come along with the packages may elude you such as promo, or activation of certain features on decoders etc. It is at your risk though.
Re: Does Gtv Work In Nigeria? by medube(m): 6:36pm On Sep 24, 2008
Thanks guys! I love taking risks smiley, so I guess I'm gonna get one and try it out. At the most, if it doesn't work, I will take it back to my home in Ghana smiley
Re: Does Gtv Work In Nigeria? by adewoyin: 11:25am On Sep 26, 2008
medube,pls i need one ,pls 4 experinmental purpose,either w3 or w4 is workg here in nig
Re: Does Gtv Work In Nigeria? by maskuraid(m): 11:30am On Sep 26, 2008
@MEDUBE

conduct ur expt and let's have d feedback.if it works we might all be scrambling to join d train soon.who no like better thing grin
Re: Does Gtv Work In Nigeria? by medube(m): 11:52am On Sep 26, 2008
Guys, the next time I will be going to Ghana will be for the Christmas holidays. As soon as I get one and try it out I will keep you all posted for sure. Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

The Best High School Movie Ever Watched, 'one Tree Hill' / What's The Longest Time You've Spent Watching Movies ? / Pangako Sayo – February 3 2016 | Pinoy Teleserye Replay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.