Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

The Top Highest Paid Actresses In Hollywood - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Top Highest Paid Actresses In Hollywood (3017 Views)

Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria / Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! / Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Top Highest Paid Actresses In Hollywood by spikedcylinder: 11:08am On Sep 25, 2008
I'm in a green mood today sha. cheesy cheesy

10. Halle Berry $10m
New mother and X-Men star Halle Berry became the first (and only, so far) African American woman to win an Oscar for Best Actress when she scooped the award for Monster's Ball in 2002. The former beauty queen has been a Bond Girl in Die Another Day, and a superhero twice; Storm in the X-Men series and Catwoman (a flop which earned her a Razzie for Worst Actresss). 2009 sees 41-year-old Halle starring in Frankie And Alice, a film about a woman struggling with multiple personality disorder.

source: www.handbag.com/celebrity/

Re: The Top Highest Paid Actresses In Hollywood by spikedcylinder: 11:10am On Sep 25, 2008
9. Jodie Foster $10- $12m
At the age of 14, Jodie Foster played a child prostitute in the 1976 Martin Scorsese classic Taxi Driver, which also starred Robert De Niro - Jodie was nominated for an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress. She went on to win the Best Actress Oscar in 1998 for her potrayal of a rape victim in The Accused. She's probably most famous for playing FBI trainee Clarice Starling opposite Sir Antony Hopkins in The Silence Of The Lambs in 1991. Last year, 45-year-old Jodie caused a stir when she played a vigilante in The Brave One. She's also one of the few openly gay women in Hollywood, although she didn't publicly speak about it until December 2007, when she thanked her (now ex) partner in an awards speech.

Re: The Top Highest Paid Actresses In Hollywood by spikedcylinder: 11:11am On Sep 25, 2008
8. Drew Barrymore $10-$12m
Charlie's Angels star Drew Barrymore was just six years old when she appeared in Steven Spielberg's sci-fi fantasy E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial. She endured a turbulent childhood, and was admitted to rehab for drugs and alcohol when she was only 13. Now 33, Drew's one of Hollywood's heavy hitters, with over 30 box office hits in her portfolio. In 2009 she directs and stars in roller derby comedy Whip It!, also starring Ellen Page

Re: The Top Highest Paid Actresses In Hollywood by spikedcylinder: 11:16am On Sep 25, 2008
7. Julia Roberts $10 - $15m
Former highest paid actress title holder Julia Roberts pioneered the way for women to earn as much as their male counterparts in Hollywood. Julia scored her first big hit at a tender 19 years of age, when she played a prostitute in the 1990 romcom Pretty Woman opposite Richard Gere - a box office smash that's still a girlie favourite today. The 40-year-old mother of three now boasts over 40 films under her belt, and an Oscar for her potrayal of legal assistant and struggling single mother Erin Brokovich. 2009 sees Julia starring alongside Clive Owen in the thriller Duplicity.

Re: The Top Highest Paid Actresses In Hollywood by spikedcylinder: 11:18am On Sep 25, 2008
6. Sandra Bullock $10-$15
In the 1990s, Speed star Sandra Bullock battled Meg Ryan and Julia Roberts for the title of Queen Of Romantic Comedy - she made 22 films in that decade including romcoms While You Were Sleeping, Practical Magic, Hope Floats and Forces Of Nature. In 2000 she starred in the box office smash Miss Congeniality, the story of a frumpy FBI agent turned beauty pageant winner. 2009 sees her starring alongside Definitely Maybe star Ryan Reynolds in The Proposal - 44-year-old Sandra plays a pushy boss who forces her employee to marry him so she won't be deported.

Re: The Top Highest Paid Actresses In Hollywood by spikedcylinder: 11:21am On Sep 25, 2008
5. Renee Zellweger $10 - $15m
Another not-so-dumb blonde, Oscar winner Renee Zellweger is a woman of considerable talent. She held her own opposite Hollywood A-lister Tom Cruise in her breakout role in Jerry Maguire back in 1996, delivering the infamous line "You had me at 'hello'". In 2002 she proved that she could sing and dance up a storm in Chicago and the following year her portrayal of Ruby Thewes in Cold Mountain won her an Oscar, but she'll always be Bridget Jones to us!

Re: The Top Highest Paid Actresses In Hollywood by spikedcylinder: 11:23am On Sep 25, 2008
4. Nicole Kidman $10 - $15m
New mum Nicole Kidman topped the list of highest earning actresses in 2006, but has to make do with the No.4 spot these days. Ms Kidman only really started to show how very talented and versatile she is as an actor after her marriage to Hollywood heavyweight Tom Cruise ended in 2001, and has enjoyed a meteoric career rise over the past seven years. Her portrayal of novelist Virginia Wolf in The Hours won her an Oscar and sealed her A-list status. Look out for her and X-Men star Hugh Jackman in the 2009 movie Australia - an epic movie focusing on Nicole's homeland in the '30s, directed by Baz Luhrmann.

Re: The Top Highest Paid Actresses In Hollywood by spikedcylinder: 11:24am On Sep 25, 2008
3. Cameron Diaz $15m
35-year-old Cameron Diaz started her career as a model, but shot to fame in 1994 when she was cast as Hollywood comedian Jim Carrey's leading lady in the slapstick comedy The Mask. Since then she's played opposite Tom Cruise, Daniel Day Lewis and an ogre - Mike Myer's Shrek, that is! The fourth installment of the Dreamworks animated series, Shrek Goes Fourth is scheduled for 2010.

Re: The Top Highest Paid Actresses In Hollywood by spikedcylinder: 11:27am On Sep 25, 2008
2. Angelina Jolie $15 - $20m
If juggling career and family were an Olympic sport, Hollywood star Angelina Jolie would be a gold medalist! Her brood with megastar Brad Pitt expanded to six children when she gave birth to twins Vivienne and Knox on 12 July 2008, but even with such a large family, Angelina's never let go on the reigns of her A-list career. She starred alongside Winona Ryder in Girl, Interrupted in 1999 and stole the movie - Lara Croft: Tomb Raider followed and Ms Jolie became an unstoppable force. Coming up - The Changeling, directed by Hollywood veteran Clint Eastwood and The Mercenary: Love And Honor, the story of Russia's empress Catherine The Great.

Re: The Top Highest Paid Actresses In Hollywood by spikedcylinder: 11:31am On Sep 25, 2008
1. Reese Witherspoon $15 - $20m
Ironically, it was playing a dippy blonde with a big heart in the romantic comedy Legally Blonde in 2001 that catapulted Reese Witherspoon onto the Hollywood A-list. But much like her character in that movie, there's more to 32-year-old Reese than her bubbly blonde persona. The southern belle and mother of two has a head for business, running her own film company Type A Films, and produces films as well as acting in them. Although the political thriller Rendition didn't do well at the box office last year, Reese did find romance with co-star Jake Gyllenhaal and the couple now live in London. Look out for Reese and Vince Vaughn in Four Christmases at the end of this year, a romcom which sees a couple juggling their time between divorced parents.

Re: The Top Highest Paid Actresses In Hollywood by newdeal(m): 2:57pm On Sep 25, 2008
Re-do the list!
what of Charlize Theron?
Re: The Top Highest Paid Actresses In Hollywood by spikedcylinder: 3:29pm On Sep 25, 2008
Charlize earns less than $10million per movie . smiley
Re: The Top Highest Paid Actresses In Hollywood by iice(f): 3:32pm On Sep 25, 2008
Julia used to get 20mils back then when she made movies anyhow.

Gawd, nicole is over paid and i don't only think so grin grin tres boring!

Cameron's own shot up with Charlie's Angel and Shrek.  Well she can draw a crowd sha undecided

I think Cate Blanchett should command more - so talented, very thespian kiss kiss
Re: The Top Highest Paid Actresses In Hollywood by spikedcylinder: 3:42pm On Sep 25, 2008
Yes agree with you ice, Cate Blanchett is uber talented.
Re: The Top Highest Paid Actresses In Hollywood by newdeal(m): 4:50pm On Sep 25, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Charlize earns less than $10million a year. smiley

that depends on your source of info,
anywayz, no need to split hairs on this
Re: The Top Highest Paid Actresses In Hollywood by kadman(m): 9:28pm On Sep 25, 2008
@ iice
Na wa o ? Did Kidman steal husband from you ? You attack her on EVERY post her name is mentioned. The woman has an Oscar,a BAFTA & several Golden Globes & more. In 2007 she was highest paid in HollyHood. Abeg free the babe ** rolls eyes**.

@ Post
Little correction. Australia is coming out later this year,not 2009. Looking forward to it. grin
Re: The Top Highest Paid Actresses In Hollywood by MissyB1(m): 11:23pm On Sep 25, 2008
See cash.
I earn £200,000 per week and I tot I was a big girl. tongue embarassed
Re: The Top Highest Paid Actresses In Hollywood by MeGaStReEt: 1:29am On Sep 26, 2008
Regina Askia starred in MOST 1TED IN 1999

And she was paid 120,000 for the lead role

can you bit that
Re: The Top Highest Paid Actresses In Hollywood by iice(f): 4:11am On Sep 26, 2008
kadman:

@ iice
Na wa o ? Did Kidman steal husband from you ? You attack her on EVERY post her name is mentioned. The woman has an Oscar,a BAFTA & several Golden Globes & more. In 2007 she was highest paid in HollyHood. Abeg free the babe ** rolls eyes**.

@ Post
Little correction. Australia is coming out later this year,not 2009. Looking forward to it. grin

Thank mr PR grin grin
I believe i do have a right to say what i want about her grin
Like i give a shit what she has won cheesy Most of them winners don't even deserve their trophies grin grin
And no, it not only people i don't like who i think dont deserve their trophies.
Like i said, i aint the only one who thinks shes overpaid grin grin
Free me jora grin grin

@Topic
I don't like Renee but she is quite captivating on screen

Legally blonde and the oscar helped Reese.
How much sef does Meryl command? She should be commanding a lot with all her experience and talent,
i would have thought she would be on the list especially after 'devil wears prada' undecided
Re: The Top Highest Paid Actresses In Hollywood by spikedcylinder: 10:11am On Sep 26, 2008
MeGaStReEt:

Regina Askia starred in MOST 1TED IN 1999

And she was paid 120,000 for the lead role

can you bit that

Nah! She's the richest woman in the world isn't she? grin grin

iice:

Thank mr PR grin grin
I believe i do have a right to say what i want about her grin
Like i give a shit what she has won cheesy Most of them winners don't even deserve their trophies grin grin
And no, it not only people i don't like who i think don't deserve their trophies.
Like i said, i aint the only one who thinks shes overpaid grin grin
Free me jora grin grin

@Topic
I don't like Renee but she is quite captivating on screen

Legally blonde and the oscar helped Reese.
How much sef does Meryl command? She should be commanding a lot with all her experience and talent,
i would have thought she would be on the list especially after 'devil wears prada' undecided

Unfortunately, as talented and Meryl is, she is an ageing celebrity and hollywood is pretty ageist like that. sad

newdeal:

that depends on your source of info,
anywayz, no need to split hairs on this

Yes, no need to split hairs on it eventhough I stated the source in my original post?

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Most Popular Nollywood Comic Characters / Please Where Can I Get The Whole Seasons Of Small Ville / Box Office Moves Showing In Silverbird Cinemas Now:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.