Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,855 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Can Love Go This Far? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Love Go This Far? (830 Views)

From Pic Can U Trust A Nigerian This Far / 100 Ways You Can Love Your Husband His Way / Can Love Survive When A Woman Earns More Than A Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Love Go This Far? by Desiree1(f): 3:41pm On Sep 26, 2008
Was reading this article on a mag, about this man who doesn't feel attracted to his wife anymore. He loved her so much, infact ready to die for her but unfortunately she was involved in an accident. Her body was now filled with scars and burns. He said he can't imagine himself sleeping on the same bed again not to talk of making love to her even when they have guests, he doesn't want the guests or his friends to see her or take her out. That he just feels irritated.

What do y'all think about this?
Re: Can Love Go This Far? by lovangel(f): 3:44pm On Sep 26, 2008
im not surprised at all.

Typical of men!
Re: Can Love Go This Far? by syren: 4:25pm On Sep 26, 2008
If his mindset is that superficial then, what can he do. Obviously he values people's opinions and her outward appearance so much that he can't overlook it, it might be hard for him to accept such a drastic change. Yes, maybe the physical attraction is gone, but the love he had should still be there, after all she's the same woman he married. But even then, I'm sure their guest will not have a problem, knowing everything she's been through.
Re: Can Love Go This Far? by SimiBrasil(f): 4:26pm On Sep 26, 2008
huhu
Re: Can Love Go This Far? by onyinye2(f): 4:29pm On Sep 26, 2008
Unfortunately, I'm not surprised to hear such a thing. It is typical of folk to out weigh there love someone over the judgment of others. Yes, men do tend to be visual creatures. That is how they are and built. But a real man knows that there is more than the visual and the physically. There is the Love and Emotional. So obviously this dude just loved her for her looks and not for who she really was. What a shame.
Re: Can Love Go This Far? by sistawoman: 6:57pm On Sep 26, 2008
When considering your life mate you should put yourself in these shoes.

when i decided to marry my husband i knew that if he got hit by a bus tomorrow and was not the man i married i would take care of him, love him and be there with him no matter what.

True love, loves without contrastrants, unconditionally and thru no matter what.

True love will stand up against this and ask for more.
Re: Can Love Go This Far? by Honeyboy09(m): 3:40pm On May 10, 2009
I'm Speechless because it means that d man's love for his Wife was based on her Beauty ,

(1) (Reply)

Man, 28, Stabs Friend To Death Over Drink / 22 Die After Drinking Ogogoro In Lagos / Watch Out For The Wedding Of Mr And Mrs Kay Pumpin And Pumpress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.