Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,164 members, 7,842,345 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Hard Disk Wiped Out!: Pls Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Hard Disk Wiped Out!: Pls Help (765 Views)

Hp Pavilion G7 17.3 Inches 4gb Ram, 500gb Hard Disk Uk Used For Sale / Help Me Out Pls / How To Replace Internal Hard Disk With Extenal Usb Hard Disk In Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hard Disk Wiped Out!: Pls Help by mouye(m): 11:53am On Sep 29, 2008
Pls everyone,anyone.I hav a HDD of 40gb which i partitnd into 2prts:disk C & F, I was then affected by a virus which ate up all my disk C .,also on my start button, ,de control panel,programs icon,help and run icons were all gone, However i had previousli backd my disk C on disk F,.its stil there but the problem is 1.The virus is stil in ma system, 2. de backdup files too writes virus alert.How do i get my disk C and all dat was lost bak.Pls good people wat shuld i do 2get de system bak on trak, Thankyou
Re: Hard Disk Wiped Out!: Pls Help by xprofile: 5:48am On Sep 30, 2008
use est antivirus to scan a thorough scanning,

OPTION 2:
incase u format n partition next time, may be like c and d drive. try to frezee the c drive where your system files are and then install your eset which i will recommend for you then the only thing u will be doing is scan your d drive.
ok? grin
Re: Hard Disk Wiped Out!: Pls Help by inze(m): 7:51pm On Sep 30, 2008
xprofile:

use est antivirus to scan a thorough scanning,

OPTION 2:
incase u format n partition next time, may be like c and d drive. try to frezee the c drive where your system files are and then install your eset which i will recommend for you then the only thing u will be doing is scan your d drive.
ok? grin

nice try Amos

but thats not a good one, freezing of systems are not for home users who do lots of downloads or saving of documents/files everyday cos with deep freeze? huh, you files as good as not downloaded.

be wise man,

i'll stick with doing a scan if you haven't but as for deep-freeze, its going to be "my bad" if i concur.
Re: Hard Disk Wiped Out!: Pls Help by xprofile: 7:56pm On Sep 30, 2008
now let me show u how wise i am,

if u format ur hard drive and partition: remember you installed the operating system on c or d which eva u choose as the case may be. so that system files are the target of viruses , so frezee it.
so weneva u want to download use download manager and save also to the other free drive and always scan it ,

now how is dat , wink
Re: Hard Disk Wiped Out!: Pls Help by inze(m): 6:51pm On Oct 01, 2008
what bout viruses that spreads up to your other partition

Or you haven't seen viruses that duplicates it self on any folder you open??

Remember i told you, you aint seem anything when it comes to viruses

Take that for an advice and not an insult
Re: Hard Disk Wiped Out!: Pls Help by blackracle(m): 8:20pm On Oct 01, 2008
my advice,plug out your hard drive and scan it through an external medium.(i mean plugging it using a usb2ide converter onto a clean system).careful not to infect the system(do not access any files from your hard drive).
perform a complete scan on it from the third party computer.\
after scanning and cleaning up,plug it back to your system.
if you want to download and run files wiithout infecting your system, get sandboxie
Re: Hard Disk Wiped Out!: Pls Help by xprofile: 1:08pm On Oct 03, 2008
i tink blackracle is making another option dat makes sense also,
so do mine or perform his option,
gudluck cheesy
Re: Hard Disk Wiped Out!: Pls Help by saddy101(m): 5:17pm On Oct 05, 2008
get nod32 eset antivirus n scan it
Re: Hard Disk Wiped Out!: Pls Help by DualCore1: 9:34pm On Oct 05, 2008
here's wht i'll do.
slave the hdd and do a scan on another puter,
disinfect as much as possible
return HDD to its own puter
everything on the OS partition is backed up.
so i'll do a clean install on the OS partition,
install my antivirus application and update (in my case its kaspersky, no two ways about that)
do a full system scan.

if this doesnt work, re-read my post from bottom to top grin
Re: Hard Disk Wiped Out!: Pls Help by xprofile: 3:18pm On Oct 06, 2008
yeah yeah
wateva, wink
bigamos4real@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Chemcad Needed / A Fairly Used Laptop For Sale / Relocate To Canada Now And Pay Installmentally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.