Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Fake Travel And Human Trafficking Nigerian Immgration Service Arrest Two girls . - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fake Travel And Human Trafficking Nigerian Immgration Service Arrest Two girls . (1929 Views)

Fake Travel Agents Exposed*pictures* / Fake Woman Bosoms Serve As Concealment Method For Drug Trafficking / Us Immgration Coming For U! Hey Watch Out Ooo! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Travel And Human Trafficking Nigerian Immgration Service Arrest Two girls . by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 30, 2008
Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fake travel documents have exposed two young Nigerians girls who were apprehended by the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) at the weekend at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport , Lagos on their way to Abidjan , Cote d’Voire as possible victims of human traffickers.

Faith Osadebamwen and Promise Alfred were apprehended by NIS officials when the names and photographs on  the  ECOWAS passports they wre carrying did not tally with their physical appearance and what they disclosed as their real names.

According to the passports in their possession at the time of their arrest, Faith Osadebamwen is Dorcas Omorose and Promise Alfred is Odulumen Mabel who were supposed to be tailors from Edo State .

Further interrogation revealed that the suspects did not know what they were actually going to do in Abidjan or who they were going to meet in the West African city.

Deputy Comptroller of Immigration in Charge of MMIA, Mr. Mike Longe, said the young girls could not say why they wanted to go to Abidjan , but insisted they were told that when they got to the city someone would meet them.

Although he did not confirm it, but there is suspicion that those who wanted to send the ladies to Abidjan wanted to use the Cote d’Voire capital as a leeway of taking them out of the country.

But Longe promised that NIS must get to the root of the matter, adding that the case might be that of the organized crime by human traffickers and therefore would need further investigation.

Faith told journalists that she could not identify the persons that got them the documents, adding that it was her intention to get to Abidjan and start a hair styling business there.

“I didn’t know that they were giving me a fake document, they said that once I got to Abidjan that someone would meet me and I would work in a salon and make money to pay back, ” she said.

NIS also apprehended one Chidinma Nwogugu, who allegedly secures fake travel documents for Nigerians through his contact who lives in South Africa . When interrogated, the suspect who claimed he was a native of Mbaise, Imo State , said that his contact was his brother who used the sophisticated facilities there to fake travel documents which he send back to him in Nigeria . Nwogugu said once he got the particulars of his clients he sends them to his brother in South Africa who prepares the passports and visas and send them back to Nigeria .

“When I secure the contracts, I send it to my brother in South Africa and he will help me process the visa and send it here, then I give it to the owners. I hardly make any profit because my brother does not remember me; it is only the clients who appreciate me that give me ten thousand naira or more. I started this in 2007”, he explained. Reacting to these revelations, Longe said that some Nigerians make desperate efforts to by pass the system and get away with various crimes of forgery but Immigration was working “assiduously to uncover their plot.” He also said NIS would further investigate the case further for more information.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/sep/30/203.html
Re: Fake Travel And Human Trafficking Nigerian Immgration Service Arrest Two girls . by kenflipper(m): 6:34pm On Sep 30, 2008
How could anyone in this age use a fake passport to travel to any country much less a west African one!
And this same girls would say they didnt know they were gonna be prostitutes or sold as sex slaves, COME-ON!
Edo-state girls have stringent rules in securing a Nigerian passport that must have been responsible for them using a fake passport. These girls have bastardized the image of the Nigerian woman abroad what a shame. If only they had little education. She was gonna be a hair stylist there, Yeah right! is she able to speak alittle bit of french. Does she know how terrible the CFA currency is?? I also think the guys from that state should man up!, they remind me of the no good gang-bangers and so called AA in the USA, who would always blame history and conspiracy for their situation. trafficking on a lady is a great crime against humanity and GOD, have we all lost our sanity or am i alone on this one. Where did we keep common sense in Nigeria? they should be tried for possession of fake passport and should be give maximum sentence to serve as a deterrant, ignorance is no excuse. Upon all the vocational and skill acquisition training centers in Benin, they are simply lazy, lack self determination, completely absent when it comes to common sense and are the most ojukokoro women in Nigeria. Tho!, not all Edo girls are like this but the percentage of them in the mud is simply overwhelming. Even the Igbo girls who are generally known for their "money is a must attitude" do apply common sense in the way they go about it hissssssssssss.
Re: Fake Travel And Human Trafficking Nigerian Immgration Service Arrest Two girls . by JJYOU: 6:37pm On Sep 30, 2008
mmmmmmmm God help us
Re: Fake Travel And Human Trafficking Nigerian Immgration Service Arrest Two girls . by ifyalways(f): 8:00pm On Oct 02, 2008
haa,na wao shocked shocked shocked
yawa don gas cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Petty Jobs In London. Can Anyone Help, Please? / Beautiful Island Countries In The World / Help On Direction From Ojuelegba Bus Stop To Eagle Club, Surulere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.