Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

How Do I Make My Hair Longer - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Do I Make My Hair Longer (15198 Views)

How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey / How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected / How To Grow Our Hair Longer And Healthier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Make My Hair Longer by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 02, 2008
Hi Nairalanders!Please my hair has refused to grow longer.I stopped wearing a low cut since three years ago but my has been having a slow growth.PLEASE help me out with a good hair product that will make my hair longer.THANK YOU.
Re: How Do I Make My Hair Longer by Scopium: 7:41pm On Oct 02, 2008
[size=13pt]I don't think I'm a hair expert but I think you should cut the short hair you have and glue them together, it'll get longer. Go to an expert for clarification[/size]
Re: How Do I Make My Hair Longer by sammyjl(f): 5:56pm On Oct 15, 2008
Scopium:

[size=13pt]I don't think I'm a hair expert but I think you should cut the short hair you have and glue them together, it'll get longer. Go to an expert for clarification[/size]
@ Scopium, if u dont have positive advice, dont.
@ da post - the best thing is to get advice from a qualified person, your hair stylist or so. If u dont have one, visit your salon, those ppl always know something about hair.
As for me I maintain my hair this way: I braid them with my own hair for only two weeks, wash them proper and keep them out for atleast a month or so. Usually after I braid with braids, i do it for a month and normally cut the tips off before i put braids in my hair. It actually helps da hair to grow. But it depends from person to person. Some ppl's hair just doesnt grow naturally, if it reaches a certain length, thats it. So dont beat yourself too hard on this iight.
Re: How Do I Make My Hair Longer by trhymes(m): 6:53pm On Oct 16, 2008
See an expert. cool
Re: How Do I Make My Hair Longer by ajiriavae(f): 11:29pm On Oct 28, 2008
first you have to cut away the dead end, so trim your hair. as long as you have split ends, your hair will not grow. also diet. take a lot of vitamin rich foods. if you lead a busy life and so don't eat well balanced food, there are good vitamin brands in the market. also make sure your hair is always clean as too much product in the hair, or even sweat, can cause the hair to break. condition it at least once a week, steam every six weeks (but never the same day as your retouch). relaxers make the hair sensitve and heat from the steaming will be too harsh on the hair. also ladies, i know our salons like to put their hair dryers on the highest heat so as to get it dry fast, but what they are doing is drying out your hair. its even worse when they put oil based hair cream before using so much heat because its frying your hair follicles.
a simple homemade recipe that you can use to grow your hair is to mix olive oil and coconut oil (available from those women that sell herbs) and massage it into your scalp every few days.
good luck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Make My Hair Longer by edimalo(m): 9:45am On Nov 05, 2008
for your skin and hare care,
visit,
www.spotfreeface(.)(.)com
also tell your friends.
Re: How Do I Make My Hair Longer by shylladear(f): 10:50am On Nov 05, 2008
@poster
fruits will help alot
Re: How Do I Make My Hair Longer by LoveAlways(f): 9:12pm On Nov 10, 2008
@poster  Try this website.  I grew my hair an extra 8 inches this year and my moms hair grew an extra 4 inches in just two months.  http://www.growafrohairlong.com/index.html.  She has videos and everything.

The way to grow your hair longer is to:

1.  First have someone clip your ends.

2.  The next think you need to do is purchase a satin head scarf.  You are to always sleep in this head scarf because sleeping with your hair unprotected causes split ends.  Pillowcase fabric can also cause your hair to dry out and split.

3.  You need to keep all hot irons and blow dryers out of your hair.  Use hot irons and blow dryers sparingly.  Maybe once or twice a month.

4.  If you plan to keep your hair braided, STAY AWAY FROM MICROBRAIDS.  They tend to weaken the strand.

5.  The kind of braids that you should get are the larger ones about the size of a pencil.   Whoever braids your hair should also soak the chemicals out of the nylon synthetic hair that she will be using to extend the lenght of your braids.  You can also soak away the chemicals by doing it yourself at home in your kitchen sink and then allowing the hair to dry before your appointment. 

6.  If you plan to keep your hair braided, you must wash your hair once a week by gently using a sponge, water and shampoo solution.  You should also use a cholesterol conditioner and let the condition sit in your hair for 15 -20 minutes.  After rinsing the cholesterol conditioner from your hair, you need to moisturize the strand of your hair with a waterbased leave in conditioner like Infusium 23.

7.  If you plan to use a light oil moisturizer like "Doo Grow",  (which is what I use.  It works so well) use your light oil moisturizer LAST because oil seals in the water from your leave in conditioner. 

8.  Purchase a hair growth vitamin.  These vitamins usually run about $25 for 60 tablets.  Hair growth vitamins will help to extend the growth phase of your hair.  Black hair usually grows 1/2 inch every month, but with a hair vitamin you will be able to get more growth, for your money.  (ha ha) It's also important to eat fruits and veggies.

Everyday during the week before your wash day, you should be maintaining  by moisturizing your hair with a waterbased braid spray and then sealing the water with a light oil moisturizer (Doo Grow).  You maybe able to find a dual braid spray.

Another thing that you should keep out of your hair is anything made with the chemical protroleum jelly.  Protroleum jelly sits on top of the hair and really doesn't help with anything.  It's also very greasy. 

Good luck *grin*
Re: How Do I Make My Hair Longer by HealthyHair: 10:07pm On May 14, 2013
We are doing a clearance sale on our 100% herbal/ Ayurvedic hair loss and hair re-growth products and cosmetics.
All our products are directly sourced from renowned manufacturers in India. They are not mass produced for the Nigerian market and so you are rest assured of both its quality and efficacy. Enjoy up to 40% discount on all products with full efficacy guarantee. RESULTS BEYOND YOUR EXPECTATIONS GUARANTEED!

1.)PRODUCT NAME: HERBOWASH AYURVEDIC HAIR CLEANSER
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:- 2-in-1 mild Sulphate free herbal shampoo. Serves both as a shampoo and as a conditioner

STANDARD PRICE/UNIT:- N1000

CLEARANCE PRICE
(Qty x Price) DISCOUNT (%)

1 x N800 20%
2 x N750 25%
3 x N700 30%
5 & Above x N600 40%

2.)PRODUCT NAME:- HAIR-UP ROOT ACTIVATOR OIL

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:- Highly effective hair growth tonic. A blend of 100% natural ancient herbs. It penetrates the scalp and strengthens the hair at the roots. Ideal solution to hair loss problems and itchy scalp. Makes hair thick, strong & lustrous. Suitable for all hair types.

STANDARD PRICE/UNIT:- N1200

CLEARANCE PRICE DISCOUNT (%)
(Qty x Price)
1 x N960 20%
2 x N900 25%
3 x N840 30%
5 & Above x N720 40%

3.)PRODUCT NAME:- NATURAL HENNA

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:- Mixture of rare Indian herbs in powder form; Henna, Amla, Bhringraj, Jatamansi etc. Ideal for deep conditioning, hair volume enhancer/hair thickener, hair growth booster and for natural hair colouring.

STANDARD PRICE/UNIT:- N1000

(Qty x Price)
1 x N800 20%
2 x N750 25%
3 x N700 30%
5 & Above x N600 40%

4.)PRODUCT NAME:- CLEAN-UP ANTI ACNE AND SPOT REMOVER

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:- Mild treatment for pimples, acne, blemishes, dark patches, sun burns etc. It tones and revitalizes the skin and also enhances skin fairness in a natural way. Clean- Up also removes dark spots and heals scars effectively.

STANDARD PRICE/UNIT:- N1500

(Qty x Price)
1 x N1200 20%
2 x N1125 25%
3 x N1050 30%
5 & Above N900 40%

View pictures of all our products on www.herbalhairgrowth.com.ng

To get yours, you can come over to our location at # 38 Osho Drive Olodi-Apapa, Lagos. If you prefer for us to deliver directly to you anywhere in Nigeria, simply call 08023871004 or email us at to make your order.
DISCOUNT LASTS ONLY WHILE STOCK LASTS, SO CALL NOW!

CONTACT DETAILS:
Herbal Hair Growth Nigeria
Address: # 38 Osho Drive Olodi Apapa, Lagos.
Email: info@herbalhairgrowth.com.ng
Tel: 08023871004

Re: How Do I Make My Hair Longer by Cherrianjohn(f): 9:55am On Jul 04, 2013
Re: How Do I Make My Hair Longer by RickyMartin1: 9:36am On Jul 07, 2013
How does argan oil work in keeping the hair beautiful? Researchers are coming to consider Moroccan oil as a superfood, given its very high concentrations of antioxidants, Vitamin E and other minerals, as well as the essential fatty acids. These nutrients in Moroccan oil are extremely good for the hair.
Re: How Do I Make My Hair Longer by babyaida: 8:48pm On Sep 29, 2013
Don't shampoo your hair so often. Cowash ur hair.
By co wash I mean, use conditioner like shampoo to wash out ur hair before u "condition"
Most shampoos aren't good for afro hair cos they strip it of its protective oils

No heat. Stop flat irons, hot irons, blow dries etc. Let ur hair airdry. Afro hair does not like heat. Its likely t cause breakage.

Moisturize. Olive oil, coconut oils, etc! Afro hair will drink it all up.

Protective styling. Don't leave ur hair t flap around all the time. That will
Just kill ur ends. Do something with it. Braid, put it in a weave etc. Just don't put too much stress on ur roots.

Invest in a satin cap. To prevent slit ends. If possible a satin pillow too

Eat. Eat healthy and drink plenty of water

I have any secret ingredient to great hair! Wild growth hair oil!
I used to have mama iyabo but not any more. If u want thick, healthy hair, send me an email
Residentdoc1@gmail.com
Re: How Do I Make My Hair Longer by meetmal03(f): 6:52pm On Jun 06, 2015
So I recently started using this amazing hair food about 1 month ago and it has been amazing. Its an indian hairfoood and 101% organic with no chemical.

It grew my hair, made the strands strong and my front hair grew well again after a long while.

I actually started using it on my hubbys bald hair and my baby's hair and the result has been amazing.

check out my front hair three weeks ago and now all thanks to Oleena hairfood.

Bye bye to receeding hairline.
Time to flaunt my front hair.

their page here is https://www.nairaland.com/4440498/solution-hair-problem-oleena-hairfood#66510160

their other contacts call or whatsapp
Mabel on 09025415172
or Rita on
email
oleenaindia@gmail.com

Re: How Do I Make My Hair Longer by meetmal03(f): 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
Re: How Do I Make My Hair Longer by daybydaywebsite(f): 12:47pm On Sep 19, 2018
Top 30 Best and Worst Foods for Healthy Hair

Now, we rid on this discussion of the day on Healthy Hair Production,

https://www.daybyday.website/top-30-best-and-worst-foods-for-healthy-hair-production/

Instead of using processed products, nourish your hair from the inside out by eating these healthy foods. There are some major factors that influence your hair—genetics, age, hormones, nutrient deficiencies, and more—but what you eat is one of the few things you can do to control your hair’s behavior.

https://www.daybyday.website/top-30-best-and-worst-foods-for-healthy-hair-production/

After all, if you are predisposed to thin, so-so hair, you wouldn’t want to make it worse by consuming the wrong foods, would you? And even if you belong in a hair commercial, you’d like to protect that look, right?By eating nutrient-rich foods that are scientifically proven to help your hair—and avoiding those that only do harm—you can influence your hair’s thickness, its growth or shedding, how shiny it is, and even its likelihood of greying.

Compare the list below with what you usually have in your pantry, and then find out the Hormones That Shut Off Your Hunger!⇐⇑⇒

First, The Best Foods for Healthy Hair 1. Almond Butter

Almond butter contains a wide variety of nutrients—including protein, healthy fats, and certain vitamins—that have all been linked to hair health. It’s the vitamin E content in the nuts that researchers say is particularly good for keeping your locks thick and lustrous. One eight-month trial found men who supplemented daily with vitamin E saw an increase in hair growth by as much as 42 percent. Just a tablespoon of almonds provides nearly two-thirds of your RDA for fat-soluble vitamin E.

2. Tangerines

The benefits of tangerines⇔ affect your hair in two big ways: 1.) Its vitamin C content makes it easier for your body to absorb iron, such as from spinach; 2.) The vitamin B12 in tangerines promotes hair growth, reduces hair loss, and slows down the graying process.

3. Amla Berries

Also known as Indian gooseberry, amla is a sour fruit native to India. High in antioxidants, it is prescribed by Ayurvedic doctors for glowing skin and hair. It’s easiest to purchase frozen amla berries online.

4. Spinach

In some cases (particularly in women), a mineral deficiency is the cause of hair loss. “It’s important to make sure you don’t have a lack of something in your diet that could be leading to hair loss,” says dermatologist Dr. Carolyn Jacob ⇐⇑⇒. “We check protein levels, iron, iron storage, vitamin D and a number of other labs to make sure you don’t have deficiencies.” Spinach is iron rich and it contains sebum, which acts as a natural conditioner for hair. The leafy green also provides omega-3 acids, magnesium, potassium, calcium and iron. All help keep hair lustrous, shiny and, most importantly, out of the drain. Spinach is only one of the 8 Superfoods You Should Eat Every Day!⇐⇑⇒

5. Greek Yogurt ....

Read More >>> https://www.daybyday.website/top-30-best-and-worst-foods-for-healthy-hair-production/

(1) (Reply)

6 Month Hair Growth Challenge - Easy To Follow Rules / Checkout My Newly Arrived Bales Of Designer BAGS & SHOES Pix' Bales &pcs@wholesa / Akindele Justina Temitayo Wins Miss Ekiti 2019 Pageant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.