Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Buying Cars On E-bay - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Buying Cars On E-bay (1165 Views)

Learn how / Tips On Buying Cars From The US, By Autogeria / Rki Autos - ***Buying Cars From The USA Made Easy*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying Cars On E-bay by midexus(m): 6:03pm On Oct 02, 2008
Hello guys,

I want to buy a 2004 BMW 5 series and i have seen quite a lot of great ones on E-bay with fantastic prices. (I checked out their VINS)

I would like to ask our American based brothers how easy it is to buy such cars and have it shipped to Nigeria?

thank you
Re: Buying Cars On E-bay by LeMoor(m): 6:42pm On Oct 02, 2008
The last thing you want to do is buy a car without test driving it (or having someone close to the seller check it out for you). And most especially you do not want to do that with an E60 (2004 and > bmw 5series). They are extremely complex machines, and one you wouldnt want to make a mistake purchasing,
Re: Buying Cars On E-bay by Sentra: 12:28pm On Oct 04, 2008
Le Moor:

The last thing you want to do is buy a car without test driving it (or having someone close to the seller check it out for you). And most especially you do not want to do that with an E60 (2004 and > bmw 5series). They are extremely complex machines, and one you wouldnt want to make a mistake purchasing,

He has said it all.Carfax report generated using the vin will not tell you everything.He in the states people get to buy lemon without knowing it.Watch out bro.
Re: Buying Cars On E-bay by TriuneAuto: 1:24pm On Oct 04, 2008
well, the dealers have answered the detailed question, the angle i would like to take is the shipping aspect. a lot of EBay sellers are individual sellers, and dealerships that are trying to reduce inventory. I don't think they will be keen on shipping to nigeria and having to deal with the hassle of getting it to you. I would be safe and keep off. OR find someone here who can go and take a look at the car for you, know about the shipping business and ship it for you from here.
Re: Buying Cars On E-bay by igwe11(m): 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2008
TriuneAuto:

well, the dealers have answered the detailed question, the angle i would like to take is the shipping aspect. a lot of EBay sellers are individual sellers, and dealerships that are trying to reduce inventory. I don't think they will be keen on shipping to nigeria and having to deal with the hassle of getting it to you. I would be safe and keep off. OR find someone here who can go and take a look at the car for you, know about the shipping business and ship it for you from here.

You 're the great son of your father.
Am still searching for my dream car

best regards,
I
Re: Buying Cars On E-bay by geeniezone: 6:53pm On Oct 04, 2008
u can check www.perrysolution.com. find out if they can help u check out the car. meanwhile, it's just a recommendation.
Re: Buying Cars On E-bay by sultaan(m): 12:46pm On Oct 05, 2008
Its ok to buy car on ebay.Buy from a dealer with high volume and positive feedback.Let a friend from us buy it and ship it for you.Look for ones from Florida, they are cheap,clean and priced low.make sure you have a shipping company reatined, you can call the dealers to recommend a shiper for export they have worked with(buy before you buy).Your man will pay initial 500-1000 and pay the rest when they pick up the carper prearranged method.Your man will have to have a certain number of feed back to be credible.

Or you just call, give them the amount you are willing to pay, if the agree show up with the money they stop and you do a buy it now.Remember to read the rules of online auction

(1) (Reply)

VERY NEGOTIABLE,CALL NOW.2003 Kia Spectra For Sale / Sold!Sold!Sold!One Month Used 03/04 Honda Acord 4sale @ Cheap Rate 1.350m Banix / Check Engine Code Po325 And Po402 In 1996 Mercury Villager.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.