Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,106 members, 7,828,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

How Did Nairaland's Temporary Shutdown Affect You? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Did Nairaland's Temporary Shutdown Affect You? (648 Views)

Why Did Nairaland Go Off For Some Days? / Did Nairaland Worth 100million Naira? / How Did Nairaland Get 500000 Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Did Nairaland's Temporary Shutdown Affect You? by Raymie(m): 12:33pm On Jun 27, 2014
The 4 day shutdown of Nairaland indeed showed us how synced we were to the site. Prior to the shutdown, many of us were not aware of or did not understand our levels of addiction to Nigeria's most popular discussion forum, Nairaland. Such that when things seemed to go wrong in some sections or there were policy shifts that left divergent views among users. We were used to reading threats by both users and moderators on the pages of Nairaland. Bans were given, moderators were appointed, changed or removed. People registered, deactivated accounts and or adopted other usernames. The shutdown of the site showed a number of us that despite our misgivings, Nairaland has formed an integral part of our internet lives as it had almost become a google for anything Nigerian. For me, my BIS and data plan seemed useless. I would wake up by 3am to log on only to be disappointed by error 523 yet again. And I have a 7-7 pretty busy job, yet I felt that a part of me had 'died'. I was so uncomfortable that I wondered if it was just me or did anyone feel the same as I did? Especially students and those whose smartpones and tablet has become their only companion? I would appreciate responses.
Re: How Did Nairaland's Temporary Shutdown Affect You? by merciie(f): 12:40pm On Jun 27, 2014
I also didn't realise my level of addiction, I kept feeling lost and was worried that I had no news source anymore, I just had to make do with those blogs for information.
Am so glad NL is back

(1) (Reply)

Please!!! Need Your Urgent Assistance. / My Hilarious Job Hunting Story ;D / Problems May Occur In The Sector As The President Sacked Resident Doctors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.