Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. - Phones (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. (434279 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Rostel2: 7:50am On Feb 11, 2015
Impulse80:
undecided
Ĺoľ
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Rostel2: 7:54am On Feb 11, 2015
LarryXcell:

have you tried vroot.exe (®root)
Iroot.apk, Rootmaster.apk, mulai root.apk etc
must Android phones be rooted to make it more efficient or what? i have not rooted
my G2,how do i root it? i just got it last month.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by shidof(m): 8:41am On Feb 11, 2015
LarryXcell:

download this Dolby digital plus.. it has equalizer
Quoting JayKayMaybachz
For those of you who need the dolby digital plus,
this is the link
I have uploaded mine....But It's a zip file
All you have to do is flash it via recovery
https://www.dropbox.com/s/619w20c821g0iyl/dolby_digital_plus_r6-universal.zip?dl=0
To give your M2 the best battery & fluid
performance...
This is a universal performance booster, it helps
moderate ya battery usage, system activities etc
Just flash through recovery
how can I flashed it through recovery and if I flashed it, I op it won't affect or delete any of my applications?
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by dharay99: 9:28am On Feb 11, 2015
LarryXcell:

have you tried vroot.exe (®root)
Iroot.apk, Rootmaster.apk, mulai root.apk etc

Av tried all except mulai root..
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Samfilo31(m): 10:42am On Feb 11, 2015
i cant boot to recovery using mobileuncle dis happens after upgrading to kk bt i use to while on jb any idea pls
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by LarryXcell(m): 4:23pm On Feb 11, 2015
Rostel2:
must Android phones be rooted to make it more efficient or what? i have not rooted
my G2,how do i root it? i just got it last month.
which one is G2? call the full name
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by LarryXcell(m): 4:25pm On Feb 11, 2015
shidof:
how can I flashed it through recovery and if I flashed it, I op it won't affect or delete any of my applications?
boot into recovery, the choose install zip from sdcard, locate the dolby digital plus.zip and flash it... it doesn't change anything in ya phone... it just installs the dolby digital plus
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by LarryXcell(m): 4:29pm On Feb 11, 2015
dharay99 post=:
mr

Av tried all except mulai root..

do you have mtk Droid tools... connect your phone with mtl droid tool via pc with appropriate usb drivers, then enable usb debugging mode, try and root it with mtk Droid tools and tell me the msg you get...i wanna check something
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Rostel2: 4:38pm On Feb 11, 2015
LarryXcell:

which one is G2? call the full name
Gionee marathon 2
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Weirdman: 6:03pm On Feb 11, 2015
Does Gravity box work in Stock kitkat with no issues?
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by proffnico(m): 6:52pm On Feb 11, 2015
Weirdman:
Does Gravity box work in Stock kitkat with no issues?
I don't think so #
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by sleekvic(m): 6:56pm On Feb 11, 2015
Brand new three days old gionee m2 for sale contact 08064524758 at osun state odo-otin lga
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by dharay99: 7:47pm On Feb 11, 2015
LarryXcell:

do you have mtk Droid tools... connect your phone with mtl droid tool via pc with appropriate usb drivers, then enable usb debugging mode, try and root it with mtk Droid tools and tell me the msg you get...i wanna check something

Can dat mtk droid tools be found on playstore.?
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 8:09pm On Feb 11, 2015
LarryXcell:

did you make a backup of your the rom u were using ... as in the Nandroid backup, of the rom you were using before you flashed the L UI Rom

yes boss. I still have the backup.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Weirdman: 8:50pm On Feb 11, 2015
proffnico:
I don't think so #
as how?
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by LarryXcell(m): 11:19pm On Feb 11, 2015
dharay99:

Can dat mtk droid tools be found on playstore.?
no... you said your phone is gionee m2 ... just install iroot.apk... use it to root your phone ...NB: you must have an active data network ...then use Vroot.exe to REROOT to get permanent root access
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by LarryXcell(m): 11:25pm On Feb 11, 2015
Holuwaxheun:

yes boss. I still have the backup.
okay use and zip opener like winzip or winrar... open the lui rom u downloaded ... then you'll see boot.img file in it...don't extract anything ... delete it... then locate your your cwm backup file ...open clockworkmod then you'll see boot.img ...copy the boot.img to the L UI rom zipped file... ie place it where the other boot.img you deleted was... then after copying it... now, flash the modified L UI rom through recovery

1 Like

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by swaggzo(m): 12:57am On Feb 12, 2015
Rostel2:
Gionee marathon 2

haha.. it's Gionee M2. M2 is the code name here, not G2
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by oyeludef(m): 9:11am On Feb 12, 2015
Hello please, am having problem with my playstore probably because i used freedom app. Now i was advised to perform a recovery of d phone but am scared of losing important datas and progresses in games like candy crush. Is there a way i can perform a recovery without losing these datas? If yes please how? Or is there another way i can get my playstore functioning? D Google play store usually request a redeem code.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by dharay99: 9:16am On Feb 12, 2015
LarryXcell:

no... you said your phone is gionee m2 ... just install iroot.apk... use it to root your phone ...NB: you must have an active data network ...then use Vroot.exe to REROOT to get permanent root access

Gionee? Naa, check my previous post I didnt say so.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by LarryXcell(m): 11:09am On Feb 12, 2015
oyeludef:
Hello please, am having problem with my playstore probably because i used freedom app. Now i was advised to perform a recovery of d phone but am scared of losing important datas and progresses in games like candy crush. Is there a way i can perform a recovery without losing these datas? If yes please how? Or is there another way i can get my playstore functioning? D Google play store usually request a redeem code.
you can get your playstore back without recovering your phone... Go to your root folder with any root explorer that you've granted root permissions, Go to system>>etc>>hosts... delete 'hosts' reboot your phone...
then you're good to go
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by LarryXcell(m): 11:12am On Feb 12, 2015
dharay99:

Gionee? Naa, check my previous post I didnt say so.
oh shit i mistook u for... Rostel2... well Mtkdroidtools cannot be fpund on playstore... besides its a system app... Google it
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Samfilo31(m): 12:16pm On Feb 12, 2015
oyeludef:
Use dis link to fix dat playstore issue

How to solve the main Google Play Store errors - AndroidPIT - http://www.androidpit.com/how-to-solve-google-play-store-errors
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by oyeludef(m): 1:23pm On Feb 12, 2015
LarryXcell:
you can get your playstore back without recovering your phone... Go to your root folder with any root explorer that you've granted root permissions, Go to system>>etc>>hosts... delete 'hosts' reboot your phone...
then you're good to go
thanks i appreciate
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by oyeludef(m): 1:24pm On Feb 12, 2015
Samfilo31:
Use dis link to fix dat playstore issue

How to solve the main Google Play Store errors - AndroidPIT - http://www.androidpit.com/how-to-solve-google-play-store-errors
thanks it was helpful
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Feb 12, 2015
Rostel2:
Are you for real? I got mine last month. I don't see any spectacular features about the phone. Although i had seen some screenscrabs of other peoples phones on this thread and i wondered how they made it fascinating that way i mean the fonts and all that i think i like them but my phone is deficient of those things, the phone is kind tedious to me.... I reckon Gionee M2 is overhyped
Wait..... Sharrap
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by floridam(m): 8:36pm On Feb 13, 2015
Hello android and Gionee M2 gurus,
my gionee m2 phone has not been showing pictures but rather giving 'no thumbnails' message when I tried accessing some of my photos, few minutes after snapping or after downloading
Also some of my videos do not play after downloading. sometimes it shows 'can't play video' .
I know its not a file format thing.
Tired of these problems and considering selling it off.
HELP!!!!!!
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by proffnico(m): 9:15pm On Feb 13, 2015
floridam:
Hello android and Gionee M2 gurus,
my gionee m2 phone has not been showing pictures but rather giving 'no thumbnails' message when I tried accessing some of my photos, few minutes after snapping or after downloading
Also some of my videos do not play after downloading. sometimes it shows 'can't play video' .
I know its not a file format thing.
Tired of these problems and considering selling it off.
HELP!!!!!!

Here if you wanna sell bro# Thinking of buying one for my jBro #
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Weirdman: 9:39pm On Feb 13, 2015
Pls guys Gionee M2 and Tecno L6 which do u thinks is better
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by harddyj: 7:28am On Feb 14, 2015
Weirdman:
Pls guys Gionee M2 and Tecno L6 which do u thinks is better
m2 bro, choose wisely
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by emilusakpos: 9:18am On Feb 14, 2015
Please Abeg does MTN Bis still works with simple server and autoproxy, cos my own no gree wk.

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (190) (Reply)

Nokia Care @ Nigeria: / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.