Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,293 members, 7,818,991 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. - Phones (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. (434574 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by swisscarter(m): 11:32pm On Sep 16, 2014
Oluwalogbon:

pls I want to buy dis phone.but people av been said bad thing on it.and I need ur advice how good is?
thanks
1st tinz 1st...wich bad tin dem they talk mk i counter am
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 17, 2014
Oluwalogbon:

pls I want to buy dis phone.but people av been said bad thing on it.and I need ur advice how good is?
thanks
To tell you the fact, nothing bad on this phone if you want to buy it, just buy, you will not regret it. But it is slightly bulky and heavy
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Drizzle007(m): 8:32am On Sep 17, 2014
pls does anyone here stay around festac wanna get con tutoring and games.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by donwise1(m): 10:45am On Sep 17, 2014
Oluwalogbon:

thanks
it is very very good. but get prepared to be carrying it because its tooo heavy like a small hammer.

1 Like

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by donwise1(m): 12:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
pls tech gurus here, what is the size of this Gionee m2 recovery. img? I got my recovery.img using flashify apk app and the size is 10mb. however, I have seen a recovery. img of this phone somewhere in the internet and that one is 6mb in size.
Is my own wrong? cos I want to use it to flash custom recovery and back my phone up. I need answers urgently pls.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by dober(m): 12:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
I noticed I can no longer see my "data usage" statistics on my M2 since I upgraded to kitkat. Has anyone noticed too?
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Drizzle007(m): 1:14pm On Sep 17, 2014
donwise1: pls tech gurus here, what is the size of this Gionee m2 recovery. img? I got my recovery.img using flashify apk app and the size is 10mb. however, I have seen a recovery. img of this phone somewhere in the internet and that one is 6mb in size.
Is my own wrong? cos I want to use it to flash custom recovery and back my phone up. I need answers urgently pls.
6.0mb is the one for gionee m2
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by donwise1(m): 1:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
Drizzle007:
6.0mb is the one for gionee m2
bross how did u extract or get the 6.0mb recovery image? with a PC or an apk app?
procedures pls
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Oluwalogbon(m): 2:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
donwise1:
it is very very good. but get prepared to be carrying it because its tooo heavy like a small hammer.

Thanks so much
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Oluwalogbon(m): 2:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
benjeeade:
To tell you the fact, nothing bad on this phone if you want to buy it, just buy, you will not regret it. But it is slightly bulky and heavy

Thanks alot
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by proffnico(m): 2:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
donwise1: pls tech gurus here, what is the size of this Gionee m2 recovery. img? I got my recovery.img using flashify apk app and the size is 10mb. however, I have seen a recovery. img of this phone somewhere in the internet and that one is 6mb in size.
here's m2 recovery... http://d-h.st/kLF

1. Download and place the image file into internal storage.
2. Rename the image file into "recovery.img". [Without
quotes]
3. Install MTK MobileUncle Tool from Play Store and open and
go to Recovery Updates option
4. Select the image file to install and let it be installed
automatically.
5. It will reboot into recovery.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by donwise1(m): 4:15pm On Sep 17, 2014
proffnico: here's m2 recovery... http://d-h.st/kLF

1. Download and place the image file into internal storage.
2. Rename the image file into "recovery.img". [Without
quotes]
3. Install MTK MobileUncle Tool from Play Store and open and
go to Recovery Updates option
4. Select the image file to install and let it be installed
automatically.
5. It will reboot into recovery.
Bross thank you for the reply but wat I seriously need to know is how to get ' recovery. img' without having to download it from internet. can't I get it ryt from my own device? how do people get the ones they upload online?
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by ladokuntlad(m): 5:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
donwise1:
Bross thank you for the reply but wat I seriously need to know is how to get ' recovery. img' without having to download it from internet. can't I get it ryt from my own device? how do people get the ones they upload online?
avin a recovery img can only b don via downloading online, does dat ansa ur question?

U cant use an app to generate recovery image. Dats all.

U mst download it.

NB. Actually u can generate it offline via droid tools bt d risk doesn't worth it
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by ZesusHVWritter(m): 5:17pm On Sep 17, 2014
SOLO LAUNCHER.

In the category of Apex, Nova, ADW and Solo launcher.

Solo launcher tops them all followed by ADW.

Yes free, no missing words, I can't say it all but here is it.

Boom, I landed on solo launcher version 1.7.2.

I will admit that I was scared, I tested it on my tecno m3, and it
Came with some widgets, fully aware of the predicaments that awaits trying to use widgets on Gionee m2 home screen on a downloaded launcher, I picked the worst scenario and feared the next epistle to the expected "UNFORTUNATELY, SETTINGS HAS GONE GAGA".

But being fashioned with a gift to find solutions 'BIG THANKS TO THE AWESOME I AM THAT I AM',
I swayed in and did a backup of the solo launcher settings on my tecno m3, then sent it to my Gionee m2. ______________________________

This is were it got interesting.

After installing solo launcher on my gionee m2, I found out I had to start it first before I can even restore my sent back up file from my m3.....

Sad and relinquished by this event.

I reluctantly clicked "continue" to my very own amazement WIDGETS APPEARED ON MY GIONEE M2 HOME SCREEN and the sore sights of "UNFORTUNATELY SETTINGS HAS STOPPED" was no where to be seen.

I must confess I was happy to see a widgets on my unrooted gionee m2 home screen and the fact that its on a downloaded launcher made me almost brought solo launcher from my phone to kiss it.

Guessing how I felt? You can't, its just an awesomazing inexplicable feeling.

But then came a depressing thought "What if only the solo widgets was possible to work on solo launcher?"

Well I swiftly I skipped through my apps and "yes widgets"

I Tried transparent weather widgets, gionee m2 analog clock widgets 2×2[which I really love, thanks to my unquenchable thirst for great analog clocks], Ez weather Widgets, Analog clock and wallpaper Widgets and playerpro music player....

they all worked without a single hustle, as if the amigo ui was on *welcome* break, so it's not conflicting the Widgets application.

So I decided to try applying widgets on my apex, nova, ADW and Aviate launcher... Lo and behold, "UNFORTUNATELY SETTINGS HAS STOPPED" came back from holiday in a very short notice 'as if somebody call am say mtn dey browse free'

Ran back to solo launcher and my widgets were working flawlessly, there was no other explanations to this act than its divine.

Jesus heard me when I said I won't root my gionee m2, He just gave me more reasons not to root it.

With tears of joy I decided to give Him a big hug of praises. Yes I did.

Never rated an app five star on play store before, because they were either good but pricey or free and not appealing to what I wanted...

But SOLO LAUNCHER? Nah... Was just perfected to perfection when it comes to a launcher.

So off I went, play store I came.
And eh... It got an update... 1.9.3, "why not?" I updated it... And yes, the updated was......Yes almost perfect till my widgets stopped working.

I could revert back to 1.7.2 though, but 1.9.3 came with so much amazing features, like you can add up to 5 apps on your status bar. Yes, if you have used or heard of "BAR NOTIFICATION LAUNCHER" you would understand want I meant.

Its better than bar notification launcher though, in ways like: Any icon pack applied to Solo launcher also changed the apps on the notification tray looks, "Damn it was beautiful" that torn me and grieved my belle to bits,
I tell you,
Reverted back to 1.7.2.

But I was no longer happy, wanted the notification bar feature, how do I get it and keep my sweet widgets?

So I rated the app and emailed the developer, then I understood the mind behind such an amazing launcher which was priceless and yet free-ad-less "anyone notice that even gmail don begin do adverts on inbox?"

The only downside to m2 for me was the widgets issue, which I knew before buying it and still love the phone with that Achilles hill.

Solo launcher fixed that.

To cut it short, he(the developer) guided me through a way on how to maybe try to use a widgets on my gionee m2 again on the version 1.9.3.

Despite his English not being really understandable, I was able to read his mind through his words and got his intended directives.

So yes, instead of applying widgets through the shortcut like I did on the version 1.7.2.
I went to app drawer, located widgets, clicked system widgets and 'Ze' I was able to use widgets again on my unrooted m2.

Apart from being just 5mb, with amazing features like able to use icon packs of other launchers and its own icon packs which you can request for√ from the developer and he will make any design of the icon pack you request.....

It had little or no effect on my ram, had inbuilt unread counts for messages, missed calls, gmail, Samsung and HTC mails;

These features which you can only have on other launchers for a price and still have to download another app like Tesla, missed it and smart notifier. ______________________________

I have talked to the developer on what features I want added in his future update, will
email him to add more unread counts for bbm, whatsapp and telegram if possible.

Am not an app developer, but I have an unending desire to keep searching for the best apps and trying them out, then after making sure its not intrusive and buggy, I spread the news....

We all hate misbehaving, ram and battery hogging apps don't we?

So if you want to keep up to date with apps that are less lethal to your phone, catch us on our telegram group zero8zero51453zero22.

Screen shots of Solo launcher bellow
(with flat2 icon pack from Material Design Developers,
The background image is a live wallpaper "magic clock live wallpaper" which is just another amazing app I got through solo launcher [the live wallpaper is on play store]).

The icons were edited to be small by me, you can make them bigger or smaller.

Try solo launcher out, and do rate the app 5 star if you find it as amazing as I strongly suggested...

Blessed day to you all in Jesus name.

Written by Zesus.EOTM

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by donwise1(m): 5:32pm On Sep 17, 2014
ladokuntlad:
avin a recovery img can only b don via downloading online, does dat ansa ur question?

U mst download it.

NB. Actually u can generate it offline via droid tools bt d risk doesn't worth it
tenx man
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Qunlexus4u(m): 6:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
ladokuntlad:

U mst download it.

Nooooo. There is an app to generate the stock recovery image, "stock not cwm recovery image" if that is what you are looking for download online nandroid backup that will generate recovery image for you but you may not actually need it hence the need for MTK droid tool

There is no risk in using MTKdroid tools at all if you actually know what you are doing, that is the most commonly used method to generate both stock recovery image and clockworkmod recovery image
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by 0905babatee(m): 8:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
pls where can i get dis phone in Ogun state and how much....i'm really in love wif it.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Drizzle007(m): 8:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
donwise1:
bross how did u extract or get the 6.0mb recovery image? with a PC or an apk app?
procedures pls
I used flashy
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Proffdada: 8:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
dober: I noticed I can no longer see my "data usage" statistics on my M2 since I upgraded to kitkat. Has anyone noticed too?
yeah but system manager is far better. under network control you can now choose which app to run on network. unlike jb when u restrict background network everything halts
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by yusluv9990(m): 9:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
Elijahdrae how much is M2 as @ now?
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Proffdada: 9:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
ZesusHVWritter: SOLO LAUNCHER.

In the category of Apex, Nova, ADW and Solo launcher.

Solo launcher tops them all followed by ADW.

Yes free, no missing words, I can't say it all but here is it.

Boom, I landed on solo launcher version 1.7.2.

I will admit that I was scared, I tested it on my tecno m3, and it
Came with some widgets, fully aware of the predicaments that awaits trying to use widgets on Gionee m2 home screen on a downloaded launcher, I picked the worst scenario and feared the next epistle to the expected "UNFORTUNATELY, SETTINGS HAS GONE GAGA".

But being fashioned with a gift to find solutions 'BIG THANKS TO THE AWESOME I AM THAT I AM',
I swayed in and did a backup of the solo launcher settings on my tecno m3, then sent it to my Gionee m2. ______________________________

This is were it got interesting.

After installing solo launcher on my gionee m2, I found out I had to start it first before I can even restore my sent back up file from my m3.....

Sad and relinquished by this event.

I reluctantly clicked "continue" to my very own amazement WIDGETS APPEARED ON MY GIONEE M2 HOME SCREEN and the sore sights of "UNFORTUNATELY SETTINGS HAS STOPPED" was no where to be seen.

I must confess I was happy to see a widgets on my unrooted gionee m2 home screen and the fact that its on a downloaded launcher made me almost brought solo launcher from my phone to kiss it.

Guessing how I felt? You can't, its just an awesomazing inexplicable feeling.

But then came a depressing thought "What if only the solo widgets was possible to work on solo launcher?"

Well I swiftly I skipped through my apps and "yes widgets"

I Tried transparent weather widgets, gionee m2 analog clock widgets 2×2[which I really love, thanks to my unquenchable thirst for great analog clocks], Ez weather Widgets, Analog clock and wallpaper Widgets and playerpro music player....

they all worked without a single hustle, as if the amigo ui was on *welcome* break, so it's not conflicting the Widgets application.

So I decided to try applying widgets on my apex, nova, ADW and Aviate launcher... Lo and behold, "UNFORTUNATELY SETTINGS HAS STOPPED" came back from holiday in a very short notice 'as if somebody call am say mtn dey browse free'

Ran back to solo launcher and my widgets were working flawlessly, there was no other explanations to this act than its divine.

Jesus heard me when I said I won't root my gionee m2, He just gave me more reasons not to root it.

With tears of joy I decided to give Him a big hug of praises. Yes I did.

Never rated an app five star on play store before, because they were either good but pricey or free and not appealing to what I wanted...

But SOLO LAUNCHER? Nah... Was just perfected to perfection when it comes to a launcher.

So off I went, play store I came.
And eh... It got an update... 1.9.3, "why not?" I updated it... And yes, the updated was......Yes almost perfect till my widgets stopped working.

I could revert back to 1.7.2 though, but 1.9.3 came with so much amazing features, like you can add up to 5 apps on your status bar. Yes, if you have used or heard of "BAR NOTIFICATION LAUNCHER" you would understand want I meant.

Its better than bar notification launcher though, in ways like: Any icon pack applied to Solo launcher also changed the apps on the notification tray looks, "Damn it was beautiful" that torn me and grieved my belle to bits,
I tell you,
Reverted back to 1.7.2.

But I was no longer happy, wanted the notification bar feature, how do I get it and keep my sweet widgets?

So I rated the app and emailed the developer, then I understood the mind behind such an amazing launcher which was priceless and yet free-ad-less "anyone notice that even gmail don begin do adverts on inbox?"

The only downside to m2 for me was the widgets issue, which I knew before buying it and still love the phone with that Achilles hill.

Solo launcher fixed that.

To cut it short, he(the developer) guided me through a way on how to maybe try to use a widgets on my gionee m2 again on the version 1.9.3.

Despite his English not being really understandable, I was able to read his mind through his words and got his intended directives.

So yes, instead of applying widgets through the shortcut like I did on the version 1.7.2.
I went to app drawer, located widgets, clicked system widgets and 'Ze' I was able to use widgets again on my unrooted m2.

Apart from being just 5mb, with amazing features like able to use icon packs of other launchers and its own icon packs which you can request for√ from the developer and he will make any design of the icon pack you request.....

It had little or no effect on my ram, had inbuilt unread counts for messages, missed calls, gmail, Samsung and HTC mails;

These features which you can only have on other launchers for a price and still have to download another app like Tesla, missed it and smart notifier. ______________________________

I have talked to the developer on what features I want added in his future update, will
email him to add more unread counts for bbm, whatsapp and telegram if possible.

Am not an app developer, but I have an unending desire to keep searching for the best apps and trying them out, then after making sure its not intrusive and buggy, I spread the news....

We all hate misbehaving, ram and battery hogging apps don't we?

So if you want to keep up to date with apps that are less lethal to your phone, catch us on our telegram group zero8zero51453zero22.

Screen shots of Solo launcher bellow
(with flat2 icon pack from Material Design Developers,
The background image is a live wallpaper "magic clock live wallpaper" which is just another amazing app I got through solo launcher [the live wallpaper is on play store]).

The icons were edited to be small by me, you can make them bigger or smaller.

Try solo launcher out, and do rate the app 5 star if you find it as amazing as I strongly suggested...

Blessed day to you all in Jesus name.

Written by Zesus.EOTM
try yandex and thank me later
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by proffnico(m): 9:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
Proffdada: try yandex and thank me later
Bruh... I think solo is currently the best launcher n playstore rite now.. I've used yandex, nova.. I still prefer nova over yandex & solo over nova..

1 Like

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Proffdada: 12:00am On Sep 18, 2014
proffnico: Bruh... I think solo is currently the best launcher n playstore rite now.. I've used yandex, nova.. I still prefer nova over yandex & solo over nova..
solo doesn't have RSS updates for daily news. to me yandex is complete. the aesthetics is awesome. and the widgets are cool
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by kingzleyz: 12:04am On Sep 18, 2014
Does of you date has upgraded your gionee m2 to 4.4 help use and back up d rom and dropbox it if you av MB.for we way no get system
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by AlexisM16: 1:17am On Sep 18, 2014
I'm enjoying solo launcher with 'Rain Night Night' Theme and 'Magic clock' wallpaper...

Unrooted M2

1 Like

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by paeffiong(m): 5:43am On Sep 18, 2014
ladokuntlad:

U mst download it.

Please i want to state that am using both GIONEE ELIFE S5.5 AND GIONEE M2, the recovery images for the aforementioned phones were NEVER DOWNLOADED from the net but were created by me via mtk droid tools.
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by paeffiong(m): 6:33am On Sep 18, 2014
Am currently using solo launcher
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by paeffiong(m): 6:33am On Sep 18, 2014
About to download yandex launcher
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by paeffiong(m): 6:35am On Sep 18, 2014
Screen shots

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Proffdada: 7:19am On Sep 18, 2014
these are few of the things I enjoy using yandex. now I've made it a system app, it runs smoothly and efficiently

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by badbros(m): 7:56am On Sep 18, 2014
nova launcher with lumos icon pack

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Foxylutz(f): 9:33am On Sep 18, 2014
Can i connect m2 to a usb keyboard

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (190) (Reply)

Nokia Care @ Nigeria: / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.