Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,255 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. - Phones (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. (434316 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Omarion120(m): 6:05am On Nov 30, 2014
pls, is that ROM jellybean or KitKat?
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by jamesbanjo(m): 8:03am On Nov 30, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
aarinzee:

All pre-installed with the latest versions and both working flawlessly..
can I flash it directly on my stock jelly bean....
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by proffnico(m): 8:04am On Nov 30, 2014
aarinzee:

All pre-installed with the latest versions and both working flawlessly..
okay
.lemme go check it out
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by aarinzee: 10:06am On Nov 30, 2014
Omarion120:
pls, is that ROM jellybean or KitKat?

It's KitKat bro..
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by aarinzee: 10:09am On Nov 30, 2014
CHECK OUT MY PERSONAL CUSTOMIZATION SCREENSHOTS..

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by aarinzee: 10:11am On Nov 30, 2014
MORE...

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by aarinzee: 10:12am On Nov 30, 2014
STILL MORE...

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by aarinzee: 10:17am On Nov 30, 2014
FINAL SET..

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by aarinzee: 10:20am On Nov 30, 2014
I like things simple..
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by wiseone28: 10:23am On Nov 30, 2014
aarinzee:
I like things simple..
guy pls can we flash it over jellybean or we should upgrade to stock kitkat rom first?

1 Like

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by aarinzee: 11:24am On Nov 30, 2014
wiseone28:
guy pls can we flash it over jellybean or we should upgrade to stock kitkat rom first?

I have not tried flashing it while still on Jelly Bean..
But you can try, 1st of all backup your current ROM via CWM just incase it doesn't work so you can easily revert, and then "wipe data preflash" and then install zip..

Let us know if it worked..
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by wiseone28: 11:35am On Nov 30, 2014
aarinzee:

I have not tried flashing it while still on Jelly Bean..
But you can try, 1st of all backup your current ROM via CWM just incase it doesn't work so you can easily revert, and then "wipe data preflash" and then install zip..

Let us know if it worked..
i have tried it several times but it always have rear camera issue

1 Like

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by wiseone28: 11:39am On Nov 30, 2014
if i want to upgrade to stock kitkat should i put all the downloaded in pc?

1 Like

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by aarinzee: 11:39am On Nov 30, 2014
wiseone28:
i have tried it several times but it always have rear camera issue

Have you tried it on this particular ROM..?

I mentioned I have fixed the rear camera issue, so try it and give us your feedback..
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by wiseone28: 11:45am On Nov 30, 2014
aarinzee:

Have you tried it on this particular ROM..?

I mentioned I have fixed the rear camera issue, so try it and give us your feedback..
ok i will try this one and check

1 Like

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 30, 2014
proffnico:
wot about xposed installer & gravity box?

All of them works!
Perfectly
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 30, 2014
Meh my guys in d house am dead. I tried upgradin to d oficial kit kat on my m2 using flashtool for computer. After d successful upgrading, it was time for rebootin behold my phone didnt on again, not every to recovery- it was HARD BRICKED ok now i tried i tried using scatterd file from xda developer to bring it back to life it will be showin me DRAM FAILED and bla bla bla. No matter what i do it always show dram failed. So now i have a friend using m2 too on kit kat. If i backup his data using mtkdroid and restore it on my phone will it work ? And what if der is difference in the inbuilt memory mine is 4gig will it also work? Pls someone answer al my questions thanks
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by aarinzee: 2:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
Joyce024:
Meh my guys in d house am dead. I tried upgradin to d oficial kit kat on my m2 using flashtool for computer. After d successful upgrading, it was time for rebootin behold my phone didnt on again, not every to recovery- it was HARD BRICKED ok now i tried i tried using scatterd file from xda developer to bring it back to life it will be showin me DRAM FAILED and bla bla bla. No matter what i do it always show dram failed. So now i have a friend using m2 too on kit kat. If i backup his data using mtkdroid and restore it on my phone will it work ? And what if der is difference in the inbuilt memory mine is 4gig will it also work? Pls someone answer al my questions thanks

Lol..
You are doomed...

No mind me o..

Did you choose the correct scatter file in the ROM you extracted..?
Because I remember there are two folders in the zipped file, one contains the real ROM and the other contains corrupted copy of the ROM files..

So in case you mistakenly flashed from the corrupted ROM folder, go back and reflash, and this time go through the folders carefully, choose the one that its files are in "mb's" & not "b's" i.e boot.img should be about "10mb" & not "0b" or something like that...

If you need help call me with..
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by ladokuntlad(m): 2:48pm On Nov 30, 2014
Joyce024:
sincerely speekin, ur probs don pass boundary...
Advisable u goto gionee and cook a lie for dem, so u can replace it wit a token
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by renod(m): 3:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
aarinzee:
CHECK OUT MY PERSONAL CUSTOMIZATION SCREENSHOTS..
this is cool.wen I bought my m2 I told myself I won't flash any ROM but wen I saw this mehn it changed my mind,good work bro.but wat would I loose if I flash new rom,will I loose root access,will my imei change? and d obb files of my games and hw can I backup my apps and restore after flashing also hw is d ram management?
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 30, 2014
aarinzee:

Lol..
You are doomed...

No mind me o..

Did you choose the correct scatter file in the ROM you extracted..?
Because I remember there are two folders in the zipped file, one contains the real ROM and the other contains corrupted copy of the ROM files..

So in case you mistakenly flashed from the corrupted ROM folder, go back and reflash, and this time go through the folders carefully, choose the one that its files are in "mb's" & not "b's" i.e boot.img should be about "10mb" & not "0b" or something like that...

If you need help call me with..
thanks but it still shows dram ish. Whats this dram self?
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by maxdozie(m): 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2014
aarinzee:
I like things simple..
which rom is this
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by aarinzee: 4:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
renod:
this is cool.wen I bought my m2 I told myself I won't flash any ROM but wen I saw this mehn it changed my mind,good work bro.but wat would I loose if I flash new rom,will I loose root access,will my imei change? and d obb files of my games and hw can I backup my apps and restore after flashing also hw is d ram management?

Yes flashing new rom you will lose root, but not to worry i provided an easy root file u can flash as well when you are done flashing the rom..

Your imei will change, so you need to back that up with mobileuncle tools..
Open mobile uncle, goto "IMEI BACKUP RESTORE (MTK)" and select "Backup IMEI to SDCARD(MTK)" it should backup, you can now restore it anytime after flashing a new rom..

Flashing a new rom wont delete you obb files, rather you lose the apk's that was installed..
So if you are familiar with "ESFile Explorer" get it from playstore you can backup your installed apps..
Here's how..
Open ESFile Explorer, tap the icon on the top left, a window should drop down, select "Library" and then choose "APP" you will see all installed apps now long press apps you wish to keep and select "Backup" on the bottom left of the screen..
However if this procedure is too long you are free to google other ways to backup installed apps..

Lastly the Ram management is good if not better.. You get about 670+ free ram on boot..
So it all depends on what you have installed and running..

Try it out and give us your review..

Remember to make a CWM backup before flashing *very important*
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by aarinzee: 4:47pm On Nov 30, 2014
maxdozie:
which rom is this

REMODDED AOSP KITKAT ROM..
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by maxdozie(m): 5:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
aarinzee:

REMODDED AOSP KITKAT ROM..
link pls
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by aarinzee: 5:53pm On Nov 30, 2014
maxdozie:
link pls

Check page 98..
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by renod(m): 6:01pm On Nov 30, 2014
aarinzee:

Yes flashing new rom you will lose root, but not to worry i provided an easy root file u can flash as well when you are done flashing the rom..

Your imei will change, so you need to back that up with mobileuncle tools..
Open mobile uncle, goto "IMEI BACKUP RESTORE (MTK)" and select "Backup IMEI to SDCARD(MTK)" it should backup, you can now restore it anytime after flashing a new rom..

Flashing a new rom wont delete you obb files, rather you lose the apk's that was installed..
So if you are familiar with "ESFile Explorer" get it from playstore you can backup your installed apps..
Here's how..
Open ESFile Explorer, tap the icon on the top left, a window should drop down, select "Library" and then choose "APP" you will see all installed apps now long press apps you wish to keep and select "Backup" on the bottom left of the screen..
However if this procedure is too long you are free to google other ways to backup installed apps..

Lastly the Ram management is good if not better.. You get about 670+ free ram on boot..
So it all depends on what you have installed and running..

Try it out and give us your review..

Remember to make a CWM backup before flashing *very important*
av backed all necessary stuffs up should I wipe all data pre flash again if I want to flash root and settings?
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by sthemanuhel: 6:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
[quote author=Joyce024 post=28469582]Meh my guys in d house am dead. I tried upgradin to d oficial kit kat on my m2 using flashtool for computer. After d successful upgrading, it was time for rebootin behold my phone didnt on again, not every to recovery- it was HARD BRICKED ok now i tried i tried using scatterd file from xda developer to bring it back to life it will be showin me DRAM FAILED and bla bla bla. No matter what i do it always show dram failed. So now i have a friend using m2 too on kit kat. If i backup his data using mtkdroid and restore it on my phone will it work ? And what if der is difference in the inbuilt memory mine is 4gig will it also work? Pls someone answer al my questions

.... guess u av d 4gb version and you downloaded d 4g kk rom,which u flashed via sptool,check diz link http://androidxda.com/download-gionee-stock-rom-models and download d 8g kk rom flash it via sptool and bla bla bla ur story ll change for good.. contact 08175927055 if u still need help
http://androidxda.com/download-gionee-stock-rom-models
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by aarinzee: 6:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
renod:
av backed all necessary stuffs up should I wipe all data pre flash again if I want to flash root and settings?

No dont preflash again, just flash settings and then the root file..
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by jamesbanjo(m): 7:11pm On Nov 30, 2014
I flashed the aosp rom directly on my jelly bean ... and my phone got stock in boot logo... thank God I backed up my phone... so bro Arinze.. whats the solution...
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by wiseone28: 8:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
jamesbanjo:
I flashed the aosp rom directly on my jelly bean ... and my phone got stock in boot logo... thank God I backed up my phone... so bro Arinze.. whats the solution...
grin LMAO... i stick with my jb

1 Like

Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by aarinzee: 8:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
jamesbanjo:

Which means u have to be on Stock KitKat before flashing..
Anyway thanks for the info..

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (190) (Reply)

Nokia Care @ Nigeria: / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.