Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,483 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. - Phones (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. (340554 Views)

Gionee Pioneer P3 discussion thread / Gionee Pioneer P2 Rooting And Development / Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by swisscarter(m): 5:12am On Dec 17, 2014
arij:
Hey every one I need help I just rooted my mobile but I can't find recovery file and I don't know what to do pleaseeee help cry
r u saying you wanna flash a recovery
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Oklander: 6:41am On Dec 17, 2014
Oklander:
Somebody help, a bro just got this phone but its refusing to browse with glo while etislat works fine, the default glo setting is glosecure. I have tried gloflat settings but doesn't work either, both settings shows 3G or E on the phone but doesn't just brows, and the glo line brows well on other phones.
swisscarter… Any idea?
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Ebonygift(f): 9:31am On Dec 17, 2014
Valentinooo:

Mx player should be able to play all videos na. what was the response when you tried playing the video.
can't play this file is the response
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Simplefaithy(m): 10:11am On Dec 17, 2014
Goahead:
LOL you need to be floggedgrin
Just press power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
. I've done that severally, e no stl do. knew dats how to screenshots na.
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by arij: 10:41am On Dec 17, 2014
Nah I didn't mean that I rooted my phone and I want to know what can I do to load different ROM?
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by JECBOSS: 3:02pm On Dec 17, 2014
swisscarter:
I use both
K. Just dat those modules sabi drain battery die. How u dey take cope? Any way to control d quick drain?
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by swisscarter(m): 4:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
JECBOSS:

K. Just dat those modules sabi drain battery die. How u dey take cope? Any way to control d quick drain?
aosp v2 and material ROM get good battery backup so....no qualms
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by JECBOSS: 5:52pm On Dec 17, 2014
swisscarter:
aosp v2 and material ROM get good battery backup so....no qualms
Alright... But do u think d battery backup is better than d stock rom? Aosp and material?
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Valentinooo: 6:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ebonygift:
can't play this file is the response
what format of video did you download? try n play .3gp videos may be it will play.
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by swisscarter(m): 9:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
JECBOSS:

Alright... But do u think d battery backup is better than d stock rom? Aosp and material?
yea
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Blackchampion(m): 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2014
Just bought dis baby yesterday. Has rooted it already. How do i upgrade d Android version to kit kat?
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by gbosah(m): 10:29pm On Dec 17, 2014
Blackchampion:
Just bought dis baby yesterday. Has rooted it already. How do i upgrade d Android version to kit kat?
Please how much do you buy the phone
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Blissbrain(m): 11:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Ebonygift(f): 1:11am On Dec 18, 2014
Valentinooo:
what format of video did you download? try n play .3gp videos may be it will play.
mp4 and avi format. Even 3gp has refused to play still
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by swisscarter(m): 6:46am On Dec 18, 2014
Blackchampion:
That's where the "Israelite journey"is gonna begin

You will have to flash your phone again with stock jellybean on PC (sp flash tool)
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Blackchampion(m): 6:59am On Dec 18, 2014
gbosah:

Please how much do you buy the phone
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Valentinooo: 7:11am On Dec 18, 2014
Ebonygift:
mp4 and avi format. Even 3gp has refused to play still
I haven't experienced such before. I thought it's only MP4, VOBS and other higher formats alone. did you flash any new rom
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by swisscarter(m): 7:45am On Dec 18, 2014
Oklander:
swisscarter… Any idea?
sorry didn't see your post before

Is it bb sub or normal subscription
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Oklander: 7:58am On Dec 18, 2014
swisscarter:
sorry didn't see your post before

Is it bb sub or normal subscription
Ok, its d normal 2days 30mb, want to be sure glo works before tweaking the phone for a subscription.
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Deshannel(m): 8:28am On Dec 18, 2014
swisscarter:
That's where the "Israelite journey"is gonna begin

You will have to flash your phone again with stock jellybean on PC (sp flash tool)
Bro, I really want to know the difference between this phone and Gionee p3?
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by donshady(m): 9:33am On Dec 18, 2014
Deshannel:

Google is your friend bro
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Xymc1(m): 12:11pm On Dec 18, 2014
swisscarter:
tweaking time!!!!

I know say this one na small tweaking process but at least make I share am!

First you must be rooted

Second you must have any root explorer like es file explorer, root explorer etc

Then download this file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5lqse58ujvzsy65/lock%20sounds.zip?dl=0

it's a zip file
After download unzip it

then you will see two files in .ogg format

copy them to
System/media/audio/ui

your file explorer will prompt overwrite/replace choose yes

then go to your settings and put on your screen lock sounds (by ticking it under profiles/general)

then reboot and unlock your phone to see the magic!!!!
Help me out bro, mine is saying copying failed and i followed the procedure accordingly plus i have more than enough space on my internal storage

Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by swisscarter(m): 3:09pm On Dec 18, 2014
Deshannel:

wow....That's a really ...wow question.... Go to page 1 of both p4 and p3 thread you will c d difference
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by swisscarter(m): 3:09pm On Dec 18, 2014
Xymc1:

Help me out bro, mine is saying copying failed and i followed the procedure accordingly plus i have more than enough space on my internal storage
use es file explorerexplorer

Oh and don't move it

Copy it
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by swisscarter(m): 3:10pm On Dec 18, 2014
Oklander:
Ok, its d normal 2days 30mb, want to be sure glo works before tweaking the phone for a subscription.
glo sub actually works well
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Blissbrain(m): 8:20pm On Dec 18, 2014
swisscarter:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BydPP_Uw0io8TE0wY2NZdnUzWmM/edit?usp=sharing
Pls I wanted to do a Cwm backup and it seems the phone is bricked now, Wat can I do to solve it? The fone fails to boot from the logo to start page
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Xymc1(m): 11:38pm On Dec 18, 2014
swisscarter:
use es file explorerexplorer

Oh and don't move it

Copy it
Tried that already, my es file explorer isn't even showing the folder "system"
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by swisscarter(m): 6:52am On Dec 19, 2014
Xymc1:

Tried that already, my es file explorer isn't even showing the folder "system"
you have to grant es file explorer root access before it can shoe your system folders
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by swisscarter(m): 6:53am On Dec 19, 2014
Blissbrain:

Pls I wanted to do a Cwm backup and it seems the phone is bricked now, Wat can I do to solve it? The fone fails to boot from the logo to start page
its stuck @the gionee logo

And you've not flashed cwm recovery
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Oklander: 12:28pm On Dec 19, 2014
swisscarter:
glo sub actually works well
Alright thanks.

I want to start the tweaking now, I know some of the things I need are already provided here long ago. Please help with the links that would get me the following;
1. A root app that would root this phone without pc, would frameroot work?
2. Recovery tool for P4.
3. CTR or CWM for p4.
…Thanks in adv.
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by osayuwamwen(m): 3:29pm On Dec 19, 2014
pls link to hive ROM
Re: GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. by Geniusvic(m): 6:12pm On Dec 19, 2014
After increasing my app storage to 3.5gb, my phone became seriously unstable.. Could have sworn I did everything right. Edited the EBR files from the stock JB firmware and reflashed it. Any other person tried this??

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (137) (Reply)

PSP Forum(PSP Emulator For Android/iPhone) / Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert / Tecno L3 Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.