Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Years Of Programming - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Years Of Programming (2437 Views)

Nairaland School Of Programming / Foundations Of Programming: Fundamentals / Having Consistent Headaches Because Of Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Years Of Programming by pychick(f): 1:53am On Jul 06, 2014
aphildam: pychick, re u a real python that squash d chickens
I guess so, but I only squash problems
Re: Years Of Programming by losprince(m): 9:08am On Jul 07, 2014
its a long story my brother
Re: Years Of Programming by Raypawer(m): 3:19pm On Jul 07, 2014
dhtml18: There is no clear answer for this, but what i can say is that the earlier the better.
However, when you are in the range of 17 - 20 yrs and you have already mastered programming to a great extent - people look at you like a friggin genius. And it prepares you for later life.
If you learn programming as a means of sustaining yourself, or as a means of earning a living - YOU HAVE FAILED (In Scorpion's vioce in Injustice Mobile Game)

bro u r getin it all wrong!

i started my journey into d world of ICT @ age 16 comp repair nd maintenance... fueling it to programming cos of passion i hav for computer.. but bro its not how long or when did u learn it is the issue...

what the world wants to here is... what have you achieved with ur knowledge i hav seen people that has programming knowledge but can't use it because they lack the passion to fuel it. some people learnt programming so that they could pass their regular semester exams, some learnt it cos of their parents/peer pressure...

so look well inward nd ask deeper questions
Re: Years Of Programming by jajad: 9:38pm On Jul 07, 2014
airsaylongcon: started programming at 13 back in the day when programs where saved on radio cassette tapes (TDK never ever failed) my first language was the original BASIC where we were limited to 80-column screens! I still write my programs no longer than 80 characters per line. We connected the computer then to the TV screen and woe betide you if you were programming at 4pm when NTA was about to start broadcasting. We didn't have the luxury of operating systems talkless of GUI then. Just a blank screen with a prompt that just said READY>. Oh and to do graphic programming then, we used PEEK and POKE keywords. Was bloody as hell then oh...no internet so books was the only way...once one of us had a new programming book, the book name na sorry because everyone go read am type the programs therein until the book tear to pieces. Then there was a book written by C.S. French...Lord bless him but that was the Larcombe's of programming then

I see you're my fellow Commodore 64 brother. I did that too.
Re: Years Of Programming by airsaylongcon: 11:11pm On Jul 07, 2014
jajad:

I see you're my fellow Commodore 64 brother. I did that too.

Hahahahahahaha....Commodore64! I program crase from that thing o...then when my parents got a little cash they bought an amstrad...BIG BOY! Some of my guys had ZX Spectrum and BBC Micro... Translating from one dialect of BASIC to another was such fun...Im talking the original naked BASIC not when GWBASIC and co came out ....
Re: Years Of Programming by benJAVA: 6:39am On Jul 09, 2014
started when i was 18 (started working same yr), QBASIC
followed by VB
then HTML, CSS, Javascript
then ASP (classic)/MS Access
follow by PHP/MySQL
- then Java/JSP/J2ME, then C#
Is been fullfiling 10yrs of my life, i never went on a brek till today, i become an entreprenur in 2008 (more money, more freedom) i work n sch (programing pays all my sch fees) note: i never leave Lagos so both work n sch are in Lagos, today I've handle many projects that I've lost count, my computer is suffering from overcoding. Hard work (programing) pays
Re: Years Of Programming by Nmeri17: 12:54pm On Jul 11, 2014
Ajibel: Started blogging @14
Started web programming @17

started trolling when

(1) (2) (Reply)

Software Developers Association (sda) Registered. / Java-problems / Why Shouldn't You Learn Python?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.