Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

International Press Seeks 2 Interview Singer Adokiye Over Her Offer 2 Boko Haram - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / International Press Seeks 2 Interview Singer Adokiye Over Her Offer 2 Boko Haram (516 Views)

Singer Adokiye Celebrates Her Birthday, Dazzles In New Photos / Virgin Singer Adokiye Turns A Year Older Today / Adokiye Pictured In Bed With Two White Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

International Press Seeks 2 Interview Singer Adokiye Over Her Offer 2 Boko Haram by horizonhotspot(m): 5:50pm On Jun 27, 2014
Nigerian pop singer Adokiye has caused a social media storm by offering her virginity to Islamic militants Boko Haram in exchange for the return of hundreds of kidknapped schoolgirls.

A total of 276 girls were taken from the largely Christian north-eastern town of Chibok by the rebels, led by Abubakar Shekau, in April.

The majority of the schoolchildren remain missing, despite international pressure for their safe return – including the celebrity-endorsed #BringBackOurGirls social media campaign backed by Michelle Obama and David Cameron, among others.
However, the 23-year-old musician, from the country’s Imo State, took the protest to the next extreme.
“It is just unfair. They are too young. I wish I could offer my virginity in exchange,” she told Vanguard.

Some of the press found her tweet so brave and encouraging so they decided interview her to hear her opinion on why she made the decision.

Source: http://www.horizonhotspot.com/2014/06/international-press-seeks-to-interview.html

(1) (Reply)

Red Carpet Photos From Bet Award 2014 / Fans Blasts Peter Okoye For Failing To Attend Jude's Wedding / [watchhere]justin Bieber Punched In The Face By Orlando Bloom + Video New

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.