Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,566 members, 7,865,369 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:38 PM

Sir Lomaxx Please Come In - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sir Lomaxx Please Come In (649 Views)

Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid Because Suicide Seems To Be Inevitable. / Sir Emeka Offor Foundation Scholarship Award / Sir Emeka Offor Foundation Scholarship Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sir Lomaxx Please Come In by Doclight(m): 6:11pm On Jun 27, 2014
retrospecting ur post, makes me seeing a bright med future for all mbbs aspirants. God bless.

"Hi fellow nairalanders. I study medicine in one of
the Nigerian universities in the south south region.
This is my 100 level and right now so many
questions bug me.
I'm aware that most yr 1 students of medicine are
pre-meds, which means they haven't yet gotten a feel of what medical schooling in Nigeria is like. I
know I have to study hard, but which studying
approach is MOST APPROPRIATE for medical school,
because I've just discovered that different courses
have different approaches to studying them. I'd
experienced hands to get me on track on the do s and don't s in medical school because I won't want
to have a resit in any MB examination.
Also, medical students are notorious for spending
long hours on books. Is it really necessary? ? ? Or
you just take d main points and move on? ?
Are there any real ' SECRETS' {things you must do} to passing through medical school EXCELLENTLY? I'd
really love to know. Thanks!"
Re: Sir Lomaxx Please Come In by Doclight(m): 6:13pm On Jun 27, 2014
Doclight: retrospecting ur post, makes me seeing a bright med future for all mbbs aspirants. God bless.

"Hi fellow nairalanders. I study medicine in one of
the Nigerian universities in the south south region.
This is my 100 level and right now so many
questions bug me.
I'm aware that most yr 1 students of medicine are
pre-meds, which means they haven't yet gotten a feel of what medical schooling in Nigeria is like. I
know I have to study hard, but which studying
approach is MOST APPROPRIATE for medical school,
because I've just discovered that different courses
have different approaches to studying them. I'd
experienced hands to get me on track on the do s and don't s in medical school because I won't want
to have a resit in any MB examination.
Also, medical students are notorious for spending
long hours on books. Is it really necessary? ? ? Or
you just take d main points and move on? ?
Are there any real ' SECRETS' {things you must do} to passing through medical school EXCELLENTLY? I'd
really love to know. Thanks!"
so which method did u finally employ, coz u doing great?
Re: Sir Lomaxx Please Come In by lomaxx: 5:39am On Jun 28, 2014
This is my method. I'll first start with the benefits, then the requirements and finally what I really do.

The benefits are diverse...I sleep 6 hours normally. I maintain friendly relations with people - I don't have to sacrifice my relationships to stay relevant in the scheme of things. I have time for a host of other things. It gives me a balanced approach to my academics....I'm not under any unnecessary stress to function.

Requirements: I use course outlines, a good textbook, a notebook , my attention in class and finally discipline.

Then the actual method: I read a topic at least 4 times .

The first time is just before it is taught in class- usually the night before. That's where my course outline comes in. During this phase the information is hazy and still wussy. But I still go ahead to read it anyway. If I understand it thoroughly during this phase, it's a huge plus. I use this phase to make the first note which are subject to reviews in subsequent readings.

The second time I read it is when I'm actively listening in class when it is being taught. The hazy information from the first time then crystallizes into a solid bolus of information.

The third time I read is immediately after the class. I more or less skim through and by this time I have almost understood it thoroughly. By this time, I am ready for any exam on that topic. So even if I don't revise it the fourth time, I'm still good to go.

The fourth time is when I see examination timetable, and under that adrenaline I look at it one last time.

It has never failed me.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Oau 2014/15 Post Utme And Pre-degree Form Is Out Call_08160419927 / Do you want to learn event decorations and events management? / Awesome Opportunity For Students: Do Internship With Viber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.