Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,664 members, 7,809,512 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (1178 Views)

The Woman I Love Is 4 Years Older Than Me ! / My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise / Great Sacrifise Of A Mother (a Mother's Love Is Forever) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by eleojo23: 11:46pm On Jun 27, 2014

1 Like

Re: . by eleojo23: 5:24am On Jul 01, 2014
What are your thoughts on this?
Re: . by 5minsmadness: 6:32am On Jul 01, 2014
Love is sacrifice.
Love is not just about buying gifts or taking the person to Mr Biggs or getting the person a fancy car.
Love is placing that person before yourself, in everything you do. Love is not cheque and balances i.e I have done my own now let her do her own. Love is making the other person happy because that makes you happy.

Love does not place demands, love does not have conditions. Love is an illogical need to fulfil the desires of the object of your affection not because you are expecting something in return but because by so doing you feel elated that you have made that person smile, that you have made that person laugh, that you have made that person a better person.

Love endures. This means love waits it out. Love would rather work hard at making the other person a better person than to give up at the slightest inclination. Love is patient.
Love fixes and does not throw away.
Love is truly magical when it is returned and reciprocated.

Two people can love each other deeply, but love is seldom equally expressed. Love, by character, does not measure itself with the other person's affections. Love is selfless and not selfish.

Love is easily hurt but easily heals. Love forgives without a second thought. Love blossoms from the smallest of encouragements.

Can love be killed? Yes, over time and surrounded by selfishness, greed, lack of encouragement, unfaithfulness and being taken for granted. It will wilt and dry up like a plant denied of water. Luckily love has very stubborn roots and with a little nourishment will blossom again ready to bring joy to whoever it is showered upon, even the person that caused its demise in the first place.
Why?
Because love is unconditional.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 23, 2014
Love is awesome, but can also be a total waste of time. But no one should see love as a burden or it will turn unto such great weight that you may not be able to keep uplifted. Keep it simple and keep it fresh and as real as possible, shun the fairy tale Bullsh±t.
Re: . by Kanwulia: 7:47am On Jul 23, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=270OiXAtnfg

UNCONDITIONAL LOVE FOR NIGERIA AND AFRICA? shocked
Tufiakwa!!!!
I resemble MUMU?grin

Well. . . you don tok your own na.

If na burden to you. . . NOT MY PORTION. Amen.
I nor wan follow you go CALVARY! kiss
I nor be JESUS CHRIST!!!!! kiss
My own be say. . .I DON'T GIVE LOVE WHERE I DON'T GERRIT!
But you can gerrit if you really want . . . but? kiss

YOU MUST WORK AND PAY FOR IT!
It ain't gonna be free like EVERYTHING IN LIFE. . . INCLUDING THE LOVE OF YOUR GOD! kiss
If you like smoke IGBO TO LOVE ME. . .
It does not have to be genuine. . . . Fake it if you must. . . I don kia!
WHEN YOU STOP. . . I KICK YOU OUT!

THIS IS BUSINESS!!!! ASSSAWANA GRADE 1. . . . .cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2FDHYKDaE0
Re: . by apolonius(m): 1:10pm On Jul 23, 2014
eleojo23: People say there as different kinds of love but whichever it is, love is not easy.
The moment you say in your mind or with your mouth ' I love this person, or I love my family or I love my friend' You're indirectly saying 'I'm ready to work to make your life happy and worthwhile as much as I can'
When a man loves a woman, or a father/mother loves his/her family, it places a responsibility on such a person. Take for instance, a man/woman loves a woman/man, he/she first of all begins the emotional work of caring and worrying over the safety and happiness of his love. He or she is also compelled to show gestures that portray his/her hearts intentions. Such as taking the person out, buying them gifts, and making sure that they are generally happy. It may also involve helping the object of one's love to get over a past or present hurt.

Also consider a father who loves his children. Some fathers have to work themselves tired just to make sure that their wife and kids are happy. What is pushing him? Love. Same goes for a mother, she may sacrifice her career just to make sure that her husband and kids have the best of life. She ensures that everyone in the family is happy. What is also her driving force? Love for her family. Love is work.

Like all work, there are times when you may not get the satisfaction you want from the work you've done. Sometimes because the object of your love isn't as receptive or appreciative of your affection as you expected . This is where the hurt comes in.
But that is inevitable because love is work and like all hard work, you can get hurt.
In fact, the moment you love someone or your family, you instantly give them the right to hurt you.
Husband and wives hurt each other, kids hurt their parents, so do men and women in relationships.

Love is one thing that no one wants to loose and as such, the work one does to preserve love may even be greater than the work required to earn it in the first place.

So, are you ready to love? Then be ready to work. But don't worry too much, love is both the work and the energy you need to do the work.

Love is meant to be a blessing not a burden of any kind. If for any reason love is becoming a burden,then it is no longer love but something else really.

Eleojo,abu wele?

(1) (Reply)

Heart-breaking Photo Of Young Twins Who Lost Their Mum In The FCE Bomb Blast / Please This Boy Is Missing / Why Do Women Like Inflating Price For Their Husbands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.