Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,630 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

How Lagos Socialite Smartly Stole In Port Harcourt- (pictures) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Lagos Socialite Smartly Stole In Port Harcourt- (pictures) (1468 Views)

I Stole From Banks Because The Operatives Were Careless —robbery Suspect / 60-Year-Old Man Stole A Car In Jos, Plateau State - See What Happened To Him / See what they did to a young man who stole in the Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Lagos Socialite Smartly Stole In Port Harcourt- (pictures) by 500GPA: 7:04am On Jun 28, 2014
It was the end of the road for a 32-year-old
woman alleged to be engaged in stealing in Port
Harcourt, Rivers State, following her arrest by
operatives of the Rivers State Police Command.
The single parent was arrested in her Ikoyi
residence in Lagos, for allegedly stealing goods
worth N2.9 million.
Described as a socialite, and judging from classy
appearance, soft-spoken Ifeoma William
Iheanacho does not look like a criminal.
Aside this physical feature is the fact that the
suspect, popularly called Ify, possesses an
international passport which showed she has
made trips to Hungary, Dubai, China and has
even lived in Hong Kong for three years. She also
speaks different languages and quite
knowledgeable about many things.
The suspect, from Mbieri community in Mbaitolu
Local Government Area of Imo State , according
to the Rivers State Police Command, visited Zara
Boutique at 4, Mbonu Street, D/line, Port
Harcourt, on March 26, 2014, posing as a wealthy
customer and a friend of the owner, one Mrs
Oroma Amadi. Prior to the visit, Ify reportedly
acquainted herself with the owner.
On that day, the shop owner was out. “She
entered the shop asking to be shown the female
trousers area. The unsuspecting salesgirl,
Kemeagbeye Rachael, 21, led the suspect to the
area where she selected two pairs of trousers
and bargained but was dissatisfied with the
price and requested to speak to the shop
owner. When the salesgirl put a call through to
her ‘madam’, Ifeoma spoke with her and
consequently the unsuspecting salesgirl
agreed to her demand,” a police source
narrated.
“After conversing with Mrs Amadi on phone,
Ifeoma didn’t give phone back to the sales girl.
Instead she asked her to go into the inner part
of the store to get some other wares for her.
While Rachel was busy sorting out other things
as directed , Ifeoma proceeded to edit the
‘madam’s’ contact on the phone which was still
with her, by replacing the number with her’s.
Then she gave the phone back and minutes
later, she sent a text message to the girl posing
as her boss. The message sent read thus ‘ I’m in
a meeting , Mrs Jay is already in the shop. ‘Pls
give her what she wants, I will pick the money
on my way to the shop’.”
Shortly after that another message came which
read ‘ also give her the hair box’. To further
convince the salesgirl, she was said to have
asked her if she had received any text message
from the owner of the shop in respect of the
transaction, to which she responded in the
affirmative.
At that point, the sales girl, in her statement to
the police, said Ifeoma started packing the
wares selected. She allegedly selected assorted
wares ranging from female bags to clothes,
wrist watches, male/female shoes and shirts
estimated at N2.9 million and left the boutique.
Hell, literally let loose when owner of the
boutique arrived ,only to be confronted with the
unexpected. Her sales girl was stunned beyond
description on noticing that she had been
fooled!
The case was immediately reported to the Rivers
State Special Anti-Robbery Squad which
initially found the theft a difficult nut to crack
because of its clueless nature. However, the
breakthrough the operatives needed came two
months later when they were able to track the
suspect’s call data through a complex set of
operation.
Police sources said: “ One Ikechukwu Onyema,
aka Van Damme , later discovered to have
bought the stolen goods from Ifeoma, was
contacted. His confessional statement led us to
the suspect’s place in Lagos from where she
was transferred to Port Harcourt . Some of the
stolen goods were recovered from her.
“During interrogation, the mother of one, who
claimed she had both her primary and secondary
education in Abia State, also claimed to have
been a student of theatre arts at University of
Ibadan before dropping out after she became
pregnant.
“ She confessed to have carried out similar
operations in different boutiques in Port
Harcourt using her one time fiancé’s Lexus jeep
to pose as an affluent customer. After her
confession, she soberly said; ‘I want Nigerians to
forgive me, I still can’t understand why I chose
to steal seeing that I am a comfortable lady.”
Rivers State Commissioner of Police Tunde
Ogunsakin, while reacting to the arrest , advised
members of the public to be mindful of the
people they deal with, adding that such incident
could befall anyone who turns a blind eye to
caution while doing business.
“This case involves a really smart criminal, one
that you won’t easily suspect and it can happen
to any person. So we can all see that one cannot
be too careful when dealing with customers and
other members of society”, stated Ogunsakin.

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Socialite Smartly Stole In Port Harcourt- (pictures) by EnterPRO: 7:59am On Jun 28, 2014
na real wa!

see Yahoo+++

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Socialite Smartly Stole In Port Harcourt- (pictures) by myads890(m): 10:12am On Jun 28, 2014
Can that be regarded as stealing? Afterall, she was "given" the goods
Re: How Lagos Socialite Smartly Stole In Port Harcourt- (pictures) by delishpot: 3:29pm On Jun 28, 2014
myads890: Can that be regarded as stealing? Afterall, she was "given" the goods

If your child gives away your salary to someone who lied that you sent her to come pick it for you, will you smile and say the person is not a thief but was given the item?
If you sell cars and someone plaxs this trick and mives one or some of your cars, will you say the police should not bother cos the person isnt a thief she was just given the car?
Abi you sef dey do this type of runs?

2 Likes

Re: How Lagos Socialite Smartly Stole In Port Harcourt- (pictures) by myads890(m): 4:10pm On Jun 28, 2014
I was only adopting GEJ school of thought. If stealing isn't corruption then scamming isn't stealing. Abi?

delishpot:

If your child gives away your salary to someone who lied that you sent her to come pick it for you, will you smile and say the person is not a thief but was given the item?
If you sell cars and someone plaxs this trick and mives one or some of your cars, will you say the police should not bother cos the person isnt a thief she was just given the car?
Abi you sef dey do this type of runs?

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Socialite Smartly Stole In Port Harcourt- (pictures) by delishpot: 4:29pm On Jun 28, 2014
myads890: I was only adopting GEJ school of thought. If stealing isn't corruption then scamming isn't stealing. Abi?

Well, going by that principle you are 100% correct. You pass over pass do you join sef. grin

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Socialite Smartly Stole In Port Harcourt- (pictures) by myads890(m): 7:29pm On Jun 28, 2014
grin
delishpot:

Well, going by that principle you are 100% correct. You pass over pass do you join sef. grin
Re: How Lagos Socialite Smartly Stole In Port Harcourt- (pictures) by jumzzy448: 11:55am On Jun 29, 2014
Everyday for thief...one day for the owner.

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Socialite Smartly Stole In Port Harcourt- (pictures) by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 29, 2014
[b]5.00GPA[/b]s topic

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Lagos Socialite Smartly Stole In Port Harcourt- (pictures) by 500GPA: 12:11am On Jun 30, 2014
cool[quote author=babe_online][b]5.00GPA[/b]s topic

PRESENT

#HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND THE MESSAGE
Re: How Lagos Socialite Smartly Stole In Port Harcourt- (pictures) by Nobody: 2:27am On Jun 30, 2014
5.00GPA:
cool

Of course!!! wink grin
Re: How Lagos Socialite Smartly Stole In Port Harcourt- (pictures) by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 01, 2014
Of course we all understand the message that you are running mad. You run up and down the internet like the jobless old man you are, searching for crimes commited by an igbo to post here. This news was on nl b4 it crashed but you went searching for it. Goes a long way to show your level of frustration and illiteracy.
Even the ibadan soka forest babalawo can't help you. Pity,you will die this way.smh

Atleast she is better than your sister,yetunde akilapa,a yoruba actress and a renowed armed robber.

5.00GPA:
cool

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Socialite Smartly Stole In Port Harcourt- (pictures) by 500GPA: 11:24am On Jul 01, 2014
Peppyluv: Of course we all understand the message that you are running mad. You run up and down the internet like the jobless old man you are, searching for crimes commited by an igbo to post here. This news was on nl b4 it crashed but you went searching for it. Goes a long way to show your level of frustration and illiteracy.
Even the ibadan soka forest babalawo can't help you. Pity,you will die this way.smh

Atleast she is better than your sister,yetunde akilapa,a yoruba actress and a renowed armed robber.

AGAIN PEPPYLUV!!! WHAT DID I DO FOR YOU? TELL YOUR IBO BRETHREN TO STOP TARNISHING,TAINTING NIGERIA'S REPUTATION, IMAGE.

#I AM NOT JOBLESS LIKE YOUR IBO PEOPLE LOOKING FOR WHOM TO DUPE.

B...I...T....C...H
Re: How Lagos Socialite Smartly Stole In Port Harcourt- (pictures) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 01, 2014
Just like tinubu have duped every yoruba man of his senses and submitted them as slaves to the north.
Talk of yahoo boys and scammers,yorubas are kings.
Your mum is a bitch,a well known fact,no need to keep repeating it.
Please work on your grammar. You are such a disgrace at your age. Old fool. Only God knows how miserable your life was in those 5days nl was down because you couldn't come on line and insult Igbos. The only act that is keeping you alive.

5.00GPA:

AGAIN PEPPYLUV!!! WHAT DID I DO FOR YOU? TELL YOUR IBO BRETHREN TO STOP TARNISHING,TAINTING NIGERIA'S REPUTATION, IMAGE.

#I AM JOBLESS and LOOKING FOR WHOM TO DUPE.

My mum is a B...I...T....C...H
Re: How Lagos Socialite Smartly Stole In Port Harcourt- (pictures) by 500GPA: 3:20pm On Jul 01, 2014
Peppyluv: Just like tinubu have duped every yoruba man of his senses and submitted them as slaves to the north.
Talk of yahoo boys and scammers,yorubas are kings.
Your mum is a bitch,a well known fact,no need to keep repeating it.
Please work on your grammar. You are such a disgrace at your age. Old fool. Only God knows how miserable your life was in those 5days nl was down because you couldn't come on line and insult Igbos. The only act that is keeping you alive.

JUST LIKE OJUKWU SUBMITTED ALL THE IBO TO BABAGINDA TO VOTE FOR HIM. HE EVEN CAMPAIGN ON BABAGIDA BEHALF.

DO YOU STILL REMEMBER THAT YOUR MUM IS A PROSTITUTE; DESCENDANT OF BIANCA OJUKWU (PRESIDENT OF ASSOCIATION OF PROSTITUTE IN NIGERIA )?

YOU CAN NEVER STOP ME FROM BASHING YOUR TRIBE.
Re: How Lagos Socialite Smartly Stole In Port Harcourt- (pictures) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 01, 2014
And who is stopping you? I am not a psychiatrist so I can't cure your madness.
Ojukwu did no such thing. Even thou you are an old fool,you still have no knowledge of history. You get your news in beer parlor joints. Thou its still better to vote than be a slave begging for love.
Thanks for the info thou.

5.00GPA:

JUST LIKE OJUKWU SUBMITTED ALL THE IBO TO BABAGINDA TO VOTE FOR HIM. HE EVEN CAMPAIGN ON BABAGIDA BEHALF.

DO YOU STILL REMEMBER THAT MY MUM IS A PROSTITUTE; (PRESIDENT OF ASSOCIATION OF PROSTITUTES IN THE WORLD)?

YOU CAN NEVER STOP ME FROM BASHING YOUR TRIBE.
Re: How Lagos Socialite Smartly Stole In Port Harcourt- (pictures) by 500GPA: 4:57pm On Jul 01, 2014
Peppyluv: And who is stopping you? I am not a psychiatrist so I can't cure your madness.
Ojukwu did no such thing. Even thou you are an old fool,you still have no knowledge of history. You get your news in beer parlor joints. Thou its still better to vote than be a slave begging for love.

CAN YOU SEE THAT YOU DON'T KNOW THE LIFE HISTORY OF YOUR GULLIBLE LEADER (OJUKWU )?

YOUR TRIBE IS A SLAVE TO EVERY TRIBE IN NIGERIA. ALL YOUR IBO LEADERS ARE SLAVE TO GOATLUCK.

YOUR TRIBE ALWAYS PLAY THE LAST(SECOND ) FIDDLE

B...I...T...C...H
Re: How Lagos Socialite Smartly Stole In Port Harcourt- (pictures) by 500GPA: 6:09pm On Jul 01, 2014
Peppyluv: And who is stopping you? I am not a psychiatrist so I can't cure your madness.

BABA WAYRAY NI GIRL YII SHA. OMO MI LO JE.

YOU WILL STILL CRY MORE

(1) (Reply)

10 Countries Who Have The Highest Murder Rates / NDA March Through Portharcourt,hoisting Their Flag( Wit Pic) / High Tension Cable Thief Electrocuted & Burnt 2 Death In Niger State(Graphic Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.