Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

How To Access Your Computer From Your Android Smartphone - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Access Your Computer From Your Android Smartphone (741 Views)

How To Access your Whatsapp account On the computer / How To Access Your Computer's Files From Your Android / How Temporarily Disable Computer From Working? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Access Your Computer From Your Android Smartphone by born2lead01: 8:52am On Jun 28, 2014
There are lots of ways to remotely access your computer but google has it’s own solution that let’s you view your Mac or PC from your Android device.

The setup is really simple.First launch Chrome on your PC and install “Chrome Remote Desktop” this works for Mac and Windows.

Once it’s installed open the app and grant it permission for remote access.

Now you’ve got two options: the first is useful if you’re trying to troubleshoot a friends/family’s computer, you’ll want to set this up on a friends computer if they are constantly bothering you for technical support.The second option is good if you want to access your own machine.

Before I can continue there’s one additional piece of software to install that will give your Android permissionto access the computer remotely.When that’s all set, the last thing to do is to choose a Pin, so that any random person can’t just access your computer when they swipe your phone.

The second part of this equation happens on your Android device where you’ll be accessing your computer. Just install the Chrome Remote Desktop App from the Google Play Store and make sure that when you’re setting it up you’re signed in with the same account you used for the desktop web app.

Choose the computer you want to access, enter your Pin, and your desktop will appear right away.At this point you can interact with anything on the screen, swiping to change the view and using the usual pinch gesture to zoom in and out.

Navigation can be a little awkward but it helps when you use the full screen option at the top right of your device. You can also use the menu button to access control, alt, delete or to disconnect.

Back on your computer an alert box shows at the bottom of the screen to let you or the other person know that the screen is being neared plus an option to stop the session.

So now when you’re ever away from home there’s an easy way to get access.

Source: http://www.techsuplex.com/2014/06/28/access-computer-android-smartphone/
Re: How To Access Your Computer From Your Android Smartphone by ITbomb(m): 10:19am On Jun 28, 2014
Teamviewer is good enough for me.
All these Google influence is becoming scary

They know everything I do on phone via their Android ecosystem and now they want to insert a plug in to monitor my screen

(1) (Reply)

Mint USA USED Gateway Mini Laptop 4hours Ba3 4quick Sale / Advise: I Need Advise On Geting A New Laptop / n Cisco And Linux I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.