Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Mr Popular - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mr Popular (837 Views)

Popular Works Of African Poets. / Which Is The Most Popular News Magazine In Nigeria? / Most Popular Nigerian Authors On Amazon Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mr Popular by Humblebloke(m): 10:09am On Jun 28, 2014
This sudden urge to write just came up and i had to fulfil it.... To be frank, i am just doing this for
fun.

No part of this Story may be
reproduced or stored in a
retrieval...
This happen to be my first ever story.

Your criticism is highly welcomed
(constructive ones tho'). I am open to suggestions as well(u know im an amateur).I would be most thankful for any critics suggestions.
At first, i could not find a befitting
title,but i later came up with this...

''MR POPULAR''

Maybe you guys can provide a
better öne... This is pure fiction and characters are not real.
Its just a love story i created in my head

Enjoy!
Re: Mr Popular by Humblebloke(m): 10:27am On Jun 28, 2014
PROLOGUE

I'm the most popular guy in school, girls would kill to be with me right now." He smirked, knowing that what he said was completely and utterly true.
Meet Jessica Daniels, the most over organised, hard working and unpopular girl there is out there. Her family are devastated when their house collapses due to a heavy storm.

Now, meet Jide Bucknor, the egotistic, most good looking, sexy and popular guy there ever can be.
He's the son of a wealthy businessman and lives the high life that some can only dream of.

What happens when Jide's father,Rotimi, invites the Daniel's to stay at their mansion when they did not have anywhere else to live for the time being.
What will happen when the worlds of Jessica and Jide collide,
it can either be a disaster, or a miracle. Follow Jessica through her adventure of falling in love, getting her heart broken, and learning a lesson that taught her there is more to life than she's ever imagined.

Chapter one is loading..
Re: Mr Popular by Humblebloke(m): 11:10am On Jun 28, 2014
CHAPTER ONE

Don’t ask why I’m standing on the cold, dark street with my parents either side of me, staring at my collapsed house. All three of us,wrapped in our sleeping robes with our arms crossed over our chests to chase away the bitter air.
“Damn you storm.” my dad
muttered under his breath, his
eyebrows creased downwards,
creating dents in the skin between his eyes and his forehead. “What are we going to do?” my mother sighed hopelessly. Peculiarly, on the coldest night we've had in Lagos in a long time, she had decide to wear her silk pyjamas today, what a bad idea mother.
I jumped in a spot, hoping to cling onto any ounce of warmth in my body.Unfortunately, I failed, it felt worse.
For another fifteen minutes, we
stared unwillingly at the ruin we once called our home, while the rescue aid society made sure no one else was in the house. Sadly, the roof had completely fallen, leaving no shelter for our bedrooms, and crushing the furniture. It was like our house had been made into a sandwich. Eachand every window had cracked and smashed due to the excelling pressure created by the sudden collapse, our house was now inhabitable.
I'm really the most unlucky girl ever. Our neighbours soon gathered around to watch the scene, pointing at the concrete and woods sprawled all over our front yard. Some approached my
parents and gave them their
apologies, whereas their children laughed.
Thanks to the storm,we’ve just lost our home, and people are laughing.
I wanted to curse, but I didn’t say
anything aloud. Instead, I tought of every repulsive word that comes to mind and muttered under my breath, making no sound.
Only afew hours ago,we were tucked up in bed and ready for a goodnight sleep, when GBAM, the roof falls down all of a sudden. Luckily, we all managed to escape, but took nothing with us. Shit! my laptop was still inside.
I stood on my tiptoes and talked to my dad. “Where are we going to0sleep tonight?” I asked, irritated.
“I guess we’ll have to stay at a hotel for the time being. I’ll work
something out love.” He pats me on my head like a puppy, and I stood down from my tiptoes. I was cold, hungry, tired, and I tought I had a headache. I did not want to spend any more time on this street, being humiliated by our neighbours.
Hesitantly, I look around as I saw
our fellow nosy residents had
formed a semi-circle around our house, my family situated right in
the middle.
Can my life get any better? If you
have not already realized, I hate
being the centre of attention. So, my collapsed house was not helping matters.
Oh damn! my makeup is in there.
Focus Jessica, Your makeup isn’t
important…Well, maybe it is.
The frown on my face never turned upside down, until I heard her called from beyond the audience of the nosy neighbours. I twisted my head
in the direction of her desperate
voice, and smiled.
“Jessica! Jessìca!” Temì called my
name repeatedly as she wriggled through the gaps in the crowd and0started moving towards me.
“Jessica! Are you okay? Holy Crap, is that your house?”My mum glared at Temi for her ‘filthy’ language.
“I meant Lord,holy Lord…” Temi adjusts her words to appease my
mum, but even she looked confused at herself for making that adjustment.
Re: Mr Popular by Sheenor: 11:25am On Jun 28, 2014
Okay!...........awaiting it..
Re: Mr Popular by Humblebloke(m): 6:52am On Jun 29, 2014
i just got unbanned...ur comments r needed, wud luv 2 knw ur take on dis.

Updates in a few hours.. As soon as i can think of something to write.

(1) (Reply)

Pregnancy Without Tears / Richmond The Guy That Never Loved Back, Part 3... 18+ Pls / Your Authority Over The Devil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.