Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Rude And Obnoxious Nigerian Immigrants! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Rude And Obnoxious Nigerian Immigrants! (1638 Views)

Us Crack Down On Illegal Nigerian Immigrants. / 37 Nigerian Immigrants Drown In Gabon / Maduekwe Demands Amnesty For Nigerian Immigrants In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rude And Obnoxious Nigerian Immigrants! by ayanfe(m): 3:29am On Jul 16, 2006
Egbami Oh!! Na wetin dey do the Nigerian man. I dont care the urgency to get VISA, or the need to act out superiority. Why do we Nigerians get so aggressive, rude, and obnoxious when we approach Black Americans and other Blacks in the western world? What can we do to educate these miccreat Nigerian immigrants on social etiquette?
Re: Rude And Obnoxious Nigerian Immigrants! by ayanfe(m): 3:42am On Jul 16, 2006
Na so im start with this ignorant thread on a Black American thread about the African man rapist oh. I come perfrom magic try spin am in African man favor. The link I post below. But net, we need to educate our people may them learn to put their behavior in check. Ile Idale la wa yi o. We are in a foreign land, we need to be best behaved.
http://blackcommunity.blackvoices.aol.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?nav=messages&tsn=1&tid=158698&webtag=ti-entertainmnt
Re: Rude And Obnoxious Nigerian Immigrants! by Zahymaka(m): 6:16am On Jul 16, 2006
That's a very stereotypical thread. Are you wilshelby? If so then you haven't attacked the root of the problem.

In most African countries, women are expected to be modest and our media doesn't carry such overtly sexual depictions of the female sex.

The mindset of most Africans who move over to the US and other 'sexually enlightened' nations is that sex is cheap and free. Until recently, most people who dress suggestively in Africa [by African standards] are taken to be good lays, so it's not a wonder the guy acted on those instincts. Most African ladies are not too friendly with the malefolk but it's quite different here in the US.

If a lady sees a guy she likes and approaches him to say hi and make some small-talk, the African man would mos t likely assume she's interested in sex, here or anywhere else.

Like I said, the lady who posted the topic in question appears to be carrying an Anti-African message. Perhaps she and the people mixing with Africans only mix with the non-intellectual nuts.

By the way, she was talking about 'Africans' and not any particular nationality. When will this ignorance about Africa stop? I'm sure they'd hardly call an English, French or German man European, or would they?
Re: Rude And Obnoxious Nigerian Immigrants! by mamaput(f): 10:12am On Jul 16, 2006
ayanfe What is a lie about what that woman said ?
That thing has happened to me often enough.
A few months ago a friend having a party ask me if my Daughter can help out,
Somebastard of a man started to grab her and also try to Kiss her there at the party.
And am not talking of a small boy party but my age mates Party.
That kind of thing has never happened to her in her life,
Yes it is an African thing grabbing your hand to talk to a girl.
Yes they do think that any girl that smiles for them is free meat.
Re: Rude And Obnoxious Nigerian Immigrants! by Seun(m): 2:10pm On Jul 16, 2006
The only way to deal with that is to thoroughly embarrass them when they do it. Talking here won't help. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

How Is Life In Malaysia / Choosing Between Studing In BELARUS Or The Republic Of GEORGIA / Nigerians Living In Houston Texas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.