Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Certifications Guru Plz Help. - Certification And Training Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Certification And Training Adverts / Certifications Guru Plz Help. (5826 Views)

Professional Trainings And Certifications / Be a Computer guru at Newedge Computer School / HSE Certifications in 9ja- Chartered Institute of Environmental Health,(CIEH),UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Certifications Guru Plz Help. by farellstone: 11:43am On Jun 28, 2014
I'm a graduate of english and literary studies,I'm looking 4 a certification dat will give me an edge in the corporate world,I wanted 2 go 4 oracle bt d fee of 250k at NIIT discouraged me.Anybody dat knws where I can get ODB cert,CCNA or anyother cert dat can be of help at a cheaper rate should plz let me knw.
Re: Certifications Guru Plz Help. by chromeland: 11:57am On Jun 28, 2014
With a degree in English and Literary studies, are you looking towards a new career in ICT or certification that can help boost your former degree?
Re: Certifications Guru Plz Help. by farellstone: 12:04pm On Jun 28, 2014
chromeland: With a degree in English and Literary studies, are you looking towards a new career in ICT or certification that can help boost your former degree?
to be candid, I'm looking 4 a new career in ICT nd if I can get a certification dat can help me boost my former degree,it will be a plus.
Re: Certifications Guru Plz Help. by farellstone: 12:20pm On Jun 28, 2014
chromeland: With a degree in English and Literary studies, are you looking towards a new career in ICT or certification that can help boost your former degree?
Re: Certifications Guru Plz Help. by chromeland: 12:39pm On Jun 28, 2014
farellstone: to be candid, I'm looking 4 a new career in ICT nd if I can get a certification dat can help me boost my former degree,it will be a plus.

Alright got it. If picking up a new career in ICT is your case, you may need to look into the various areas of ICT as ICT is quite huge.

Lets say you want to be specialized in Networking, you may want to go for CCNA and other networking certification.

Certifications in Oracle has more to do with being a Database Admin. Have you decide on which area of ICT you want to specialize in?

Other ICT areas include:

Web Programming.

Mobile App Development.

Graphic Design.

ICT gadgets Maintenance and repairs.

the list goes on....
Re: Certifications Guru Plz Help. by farellstone: 2:12pm On Jun 28, 2014
chromeland:

Alright got it. If picking up a new career in ICT is your case, you may need to look into the various areas of ICT as ICT is quite huge.

Lets say you want to be specialized in Networking, you may want to go for CCNA and other networking certification.

Certifications in Oracle has more to do with being a Database Admin. Have you decide on which area of ICT you want to specialize in?

Other ICT areas include:

Web Programming.

Mobile App Development.

Graphic Design.

ICT gadgets Maintenance and repairs.

the list goes on....

actually I decided on oracle,bt d 250k fee at NIIT is a total turn off. If I can get anyother database certification dat is cheaper or if u knw where I can do oracle certification at a cheaper rate sir.
Re: Certifications Guru Plz Help. by bashexyz: 7:15am On Jun 29, 2014
@farellstone I am an I.T Expert with several years in training , counselling and deployment experience.
My first question for u is why do u wanna go into I.T?
There are several fields in I.T, which one do you intend going for?
I.T requires passion, interest, focus anf lot of studying/practise are u prepared for that?
I.T Certification is necessary and a little bit capital intensive, are you willing to make such sacrifice?

1 Like

Re: Certifications Guru Plz Help. by farellstone: 3:37pm On Jun 29, 2014
bashexyz: @farellstone I am an I.T Expert with several years in training , counselling and deployment experience.
I.T requires passion, interest, focus anf lot of studying/practise are u prepared for that?
I.T Certification is necessary and a little bit capital intensive, are you willing to make such sacrifice?
I'm trying to build a path in information and communication and I'm prepared for the sacrifices.
Re: Certifications Guru Plz Help. by farellstone: 3:52pm On Jun 29, 2014
bashexyz: @farellstone I am an I.T Expert with several years in training , counselling and deployment experience.
sir! U as an expert what cert would u hav suggested for me,my motive of getting a certification is to give me an edge in securing a good job,bt I'm a kind of person dat gets passionate abt watever I choose 2 do so getting passionate abt whichever cert I choose won't be a problem.d problem is I need an adviser dat can enlighten me on dese certs,as some pple tell me oracle is more demanding nd its easy to get a good job wit,some say CCNA as per networking is d best,while some suggest mysql is better dan oracle as per nigeria corporate system.
Re: Certifications Guru Plz Help. by chromeland: 11:37am On Jun 30, 2014
farellstone: sir! U as an expert what cert would u hav suggested for me,my motive of getting a certification is to give me an edge in securing a good job,bt I'm a kind of person dat gets passionate abt watever I choose 2 do so getting passionate abt whichever cert I choose won't be a problem.d problem is I need an adviser dat can enlighten me on dese certs,as some pple tell me oracle is more demanding nd its easy to get a good job wit,some say CCNA as per networking is d best,while some suggest mysql is better dan oracle as per nigeria corporate system.

You should also consider the fact that after taking these so called certifications, Jobs in Nigeria are no guaranteed.

If I should be in position to advise you on techie career, then I would recommend careers that can render you self-employed.

You can start with Mobile/Web Development to Software Development. Its a good way to go dude.

Considering the fact that Nigeria is one of the top internet users in the world and this career path would yield lots of cool cash. OOps lets take the cash out for now and focus on how good you can get along the line. lol the cash shouldn't be the focus now but being good in this career path will take you to someplace you've never dreamt of.

Good luck!
Re: Certifications Guru Plz Help. by farellstone: 6:21pm On Jun 30, 2014
chromeland:

You should also consider the fact that after taking these so called certifications, Jobs in Nigeria are no guaranteed.

If I should be in position to advise you on techie career, then I would recommend careers that can render you self-employed.

You can start with Mobile/Web Development to Software Development. Its a good way to go dude.

Considering the fact that Nigeria is one of the top internet users in the world and this career path would yield lots of cool cash. OOps lets take the cash out for now and focus on how good you can get along the line. lol the cash shouldn't be the focus now but being good in this career path will take you to someplace you've never dreamt of.

Good luck!
thanks bro,plz can u elaborate on oracle,mysql and CCNA cert to me and their jobs prospect in nigeria
Re: Certifications Guru Plz Help. by bashexyz: 12:48pm On Jul 05, 2014
@farellstone: Oracle and MySql are database releted. CCNA is networking and its the foundation of networking. If you really want to go into networking then you should aim at attaining the CCIE..

Steps
N+(can be read on ur own) -> CCNA -> CCNP -> CCIE.

whatever you decide on. Give me a call and i can put u thru. I rarely come on nairaland.

@chromeland:
Going into self employment is a tough task looking at the nigerian environment and getting capital.
You will also need a platform to shoot yourself with. And requires networking(meeting people)
Re: Certifications Guru Plz Help. by farellstone: 4:43pm On Jul 05, 2014
bashexyz: @farellstone: Oracle and MySql are database releted. CCNA is networking and its the foundation of networking. If you really want to go into networking then you should aim at attaining the CCIE..

Steps
N+(can be read on ur own) -> CCNA -> CCNP -> CCIE.

whatever you decide on. Give me a call and i can put u thru. I rarely come on nairaland.

@chromeland:
Going into self employment is a tough task looking at the nigerian environment and getting capital.
You will also need a platform to shoot yourself with. And requires networking(meeting people)

thanks a lot,I think I will go for the mysql.plz are u on bbm or whatsapp?
Re: Certifications Guru Plz Help. by bashexyz: 7:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
am on whatsapp with the same number.
Re: Certifications Guru Plz Help. by ictacademy: 8:28am On Jul 08, 2014
@farellstone

do you reside in Lagos, if yes, then try MEGATEK ICT ACADEMY

Join us on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Megatek-Ict-Academy/198296767006185

we offer different IT training

you can also add us on bb Bb Pin: 7A9275B1
Re: Certifications Guru Plz Help. by derommyvent: 11:43am On Aug 08, 2014
Hello,
I am interested in taking oracle before the end of the year. How do i go about it?
Thanks.
Re: Certifications Guru Plz Help. by akj26(m): 11:58pm On Aug 08, 2014
My advice for you is that you have to start from somewhere. From your post, you don't have background knowledge on ICT. You can self study for Oracle Certified Associate, like watching a lot of video tutorial on Youtube. It involve SQL and basic knowledge on Oracle. I'll advice you to go for ITIL first, then PMP or PRINCE2. The money you get from the first, use it to finance the next. Before you can take Oracle, you need basic knowledge on set theory and computing but your English will help you on SQL. I was once in your shoe but I studied Computer Science. I now have PMP, PRINCE2, ITIL, CISSP, CEH and Oracle 11g OCP.
Re: Certifications Guru Plz Help. by derommyvent: 8:19am On Aug 09, 2014
Thanks for the response

1 Like

Re: Certifications Guru Plz Help. by derommyvent: 8:20am On Aug 09, 2014
akj26: My advice for you is that you have to start from somewhere. From your post, you don't have background knowledge on ICT. You can self study for Oracle Certified Associate, like watching a lot of video tutorial on Youtube. It involve SQL and basic knowledge on Oracle. I'll advice you to go for ITIL first, then PMP or PRINCE2. The money you get from the first, use it to finance the next. Before you can take Oracle, you need basic knowledge on set theory and computing but your English will help you on SQL. I was once in your shoe but I studied Computer Science. I now have PMP, PRINCE2, ITIL, CISSP, CEH and Oracle 11g OCP.

Thanks for the response

1 Like

Re: Certifications Guru Plz Help. by akj26(m): 11:41pm On Aug 09, 2014
derommyvent: Thanks for the response but i also studied computer science.
Re: Certifications Guru Plz Help. by farellstone: 8:31am On Aug 18, 2014
akj26: My advice for you is that you have to start from somewhere. From your post, you don't have background knowledge on ICT. You can self study for Oracle Certified Associate, like watching a lot of video tutorial on Youtube. It involve SQL and basic knowledge on Oracle. I'll advice you to go for ITIL first, then PMP or PRINCE2. The money you get from the first, use it to finance the next. Before you can take Oracle, you need basic knowledge on set theory and computing but your English will help you on SQL. I was once in your shoe but I studied Computer Science. I now have PMP, PRINCE2, ITIL, CISSP, CEH and Oracle 11g OCP.
thank you for you reponse,I jst put in for CRM(customer relations management) and I will be going for project management cert after that, but I have a question which one is better between comptia + and itil and where do you study for your project management courses.
Re: Certifications Guru Plz Help. by akj26(m): 1:10am On Aug 22, 2014
farellstone: thank you for you reponse,I jst put in for CRM(customer relations management) and I will be going for project management cert after that, but I have a question which one is better between comptia + and itil and where do you study for your project management courses.
Itil 2011 is different from comptia +. Itil 2011 is all about service management but Itil 2011 will assist you when you want to prepare for project management. I self study for all my professional courses except Oracle. I did my Oracle 11g @ first logic, Ikeja for #200,000. Whenever you want to take project management, go for PMP!
Re: Certifications Guru Plz Help. by OutofdboxPrjCns: 11:45am On Jan 26, 2015
@farellstone

You can take your PRINCE2® and ITIL® certification exams with us - OutofDbox Project Consult. OutofDbox Project Consult is a training and exam administration organization committed to excellence.

We are an Accredited EXIN Partner and EXIN is the international authority in the field of PRINCE2® and ITIL® exams located in the Netherlands. We are also accredited by the International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC) located in the US.

For more information, visit www.outofdbox.com.ng or call 07083384605

PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a widely used project management method that navigates you through all the essentials for running a successful project. PRINCE2® is a flexible method and is aimed at all types of projects.
PRINCE2® Foundation exam:
• Multiple choice format
• 75 questions per paper
• 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores
• 35 marks required (out of 70 available) to pass - 50%
• Closed book.

ITIL® (IT Infrastructure Library) is the most accepted framework for IT Service Management (ITSM) in the world. Over 1.5million professionals have earned one or more ITIL® certificates at EXIN. The ITIL® exam program has played a major role in this.
ITIL® Foundation Exam:
• Multiple choice format
• 40 questions.
• The questions are selected from the full ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management examination question bank.
• Maximum 60 minutes

Re: Certifications Guru Plz Help. by lauralinis: 11:02am On Mar 06, 2015
If you are looking ODB and CCNA exam preparation materiel in low price then you should try passcertification.com
You can get more discount by the request to admin so try this.

For CCNA: http://www.passcertification.com/ccna-certification.html
For ODB: http://www.passcertification.com/oracle-certifications.html

(1) (Reply)

The Best Training Outfit To Learn HYSYS In Lagos / Learn Web Development Without Coding For Free / Information Marketing Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.