Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Just Changed My Engine And Its Overheating - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Just Changed My Engine And Its Overheating (766 Views)

SOLD Toks 2004 Golf 4, Manual, Fabric, 4 Plugs, Perfect Engine And Gear @550k / 2004 Eod Accord Reg #770k In Egbeda just changed engine / Used 2003 Nissan Altima 2003.new Engine And Gear Box(800k Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Changed My Engine And Its Overheating by ladiesluv4(m): 1:55pm On Jun 28, 2014
hi guys,
i just changed my engine (toyota camry 2001 v6) and its always overheating. i have changed the cap of the radiator, removed and washed the radiator, which is double cell and even used coolant but still the same. need advise. sad sad sad
Re: Just Changed My Engine And Its Overheating by phemsie(m): 2:03pm On Jun 28, 2014
i guess i has to do with the trapped air inside the engine, if there is any way u can let off those air in the engine via the radiator, that should help. u can check on top of the radiator if there is any screw valve on it apart from the radiator cap.
Re: Just Changed My Engine And Its Overheating by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 29, 2014
ladiesluv4: hi guys,
i just changed my engine (toyota camry 2001 v6) and its always overheating. i have changed the cap of the radiator, removed and washed the radiator, which is double cell and even used coolant but still the same. need advise. sad sad sad
have u checked your water pump to see if its still workin?
Re: Just Changed My Engine And Its Overheating by wonogh: 5:19pm On Jun 29, 2014
Please check to confirm that the fans (engine & a/c) are rotating in the right direction. A good auto electrician should be able to do this
Re: Just Changed My Engine And Its Overheating by ladiesluv4(m): 4:07pm On Jun 30, 2014
I have checked for the fans and they are working and in the right direction.....I would change the water pump. Thank you guys, wld change the water pump n see hw it goes.
Re: Just Changed My Engine And Its Overheating by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 30, 2014
ladiesluv4: I have checked for the fans and they are working and in the right direction.....I would change the water pump. Thank you guys, wld change the water pump n see hw it goes.
confirm to see if the first one is still workin before u change.
Re: Just Changed My Engine And Its Overheating by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 30, 2014
Stop spending money recklessly my sister. Do a diagnostic scan on ur ride. If you are in Abuja, call me 08034533668
Re: Just Changed My Engine And Its Overheating by ladiesluv4(m): 9:50pm On Jun 30, 2014
Am in Lagos.....how much for diagnostic scan?
Re: Just Changed My Engine And Its Overheating by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:59pm On Jun 30, 2014
Was the previous engine over heating? If no then its all about the engine you just replaced.

Check the flow of water that will tell you if the water pump is working right. You can do that by opening one of the hoses while engine is running

Check for oil in coolant or vice versa
If it has any of this syptoms then a blown head gasket is to blame

Check for coolant leaks

More tips here.
https://www.nairaland.com/1788778/maintenance-tips-cars-quick-response#24358753

(1) (Reply)

Clean 95 Toyota Corolla Toks Auto Fabric For Just 620k See Pix.... / Toks 2003 Toyota Rav4 4wd / Super Clean Used 2008 Toyota Camry Xle@1.730m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.