Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry (63786 Views)

So Sad! 14-year-old Nollywood Actor Passes On (see Photo) / End Time Things, Shocking Sex Scene From Nollywood Movies (photos) / 37yr-old Nollywood Actress, RITA DOMINIC Has Found A Husband:(pix Inside) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by lalasticlala(m): 1:59pm On Jun 28, 2014
10. Domitila (1996) produced by Zeb Ejiro, starring Anne Njemanze. Domitilla is a landmark film in the Nigerian home movie industry. It started the trends of the now-establishedtrend of movies about ‘single girls’ and their (mis)adventures in big cities. Ann Njemanze, becamean instant movie star after acting the leading role. The main story line was of how young girls get into in the quest to survive. Sometimes, they’re fuelled by greed, some other times by need, peer pressure and in the end the become morally derailed.

9. Blood Money (a 1997Nigerian movie) Chico Ejiro movie that starred the likes of Zack Orji, Kanayo O. Kanayo, Francis Agu and Sam Dede. Directed and Written by Chico Ejiro. In the movie, a man lost his Bank job, and was drawn into the world of rituals where the only way for him was by taking the life of an another.

8. Glamour Girls (a 1994 Nigerian movie) produced by Kenneth Nnebue featuring Liz Benson, Eucharia Anunobi, Gloria Anozie, Zack Orji, Barbra Odoh and Dolly Unachukwu.

7. Scores to Settle (a 1998 Nollywood movie) Produced by Sunny Collins and directed by Chico Ejiro. Along with Rich Azu, Liz Benson, Teco Benson, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde and Patrick Doyle featured in this film.In the movie, Sade, rejected by her in-laws, hits the streets with her two sons after the death of her husband. This was the beginning of a long journey marred by insecurity, death and poverty.

6. Igodo: A movie directed by Andy Amenechi, starring Pete Edochie, Norbert Young, Sam Dede, Charles Okafor,Obi Madubogwu, Chidi Mokeme, Prince James Uche, Ignis Ekwe, Joe Layode and produced by Ojiofor Ezeanyaeche

5.Aki na Ukwa (a 2003 nollywood movie) directed by Amayo Uzo Phillips starring OsitaIheme, Chinedu Ikedieze, Amaechi Muonagor and Oby Kechere.

4. Osuofia in London (a 2003 Nigerian movie) written and directed by Kingsley Ogoro and stars other acts including Nkem Owoh, Francis Odega and Cynthia Okereke. Osuofia in London is a Nigerian comedy film written and directed by Kingsley Ogoro and starring Nkem Owoh; African Movie Academy Award winner . The film was among the highest selling Nollywood films

3. Nneka The Pretty Serpent:
Years after its release in 1992, “Nneka the Pretty Serpent” remains a reference point for Nollywood in the past. The home video helped launch the careers of the likes of Ndidi Obi, Eucharia Anunobi, Ngozi Ezeonu and Rita Nzelu amongst many others. Released during the VHS era, the emergence of this movie saw a shift from foreign movies to Home Videos.Directed by Zeb Ejiro and produced by Okechukwu Ogunjiofor. Ngozi Ezeonu, Rita Nzelu and others.

2. Most Wanted (1996)
Produced by Dozie Eriobu and directed by Tunji Bamishigbin. Featuring Regina Askia, Ibinabo Fiberisima and Ayo Adesanya along with Liz Benson, Antar Laniyan and Genevieve Nnaji which was her first movie, although she played just a minor role there. In the movie, a group of unemployed ladies decide to disguised as men and rob and the police was having a hard time tracking them down as they were on the lookout for male robbers. When one of the girl’s falls in love with the investigating police officer, story changed. The policeman later finds out that his lover is a member of the ‘Most Wanted’ criminal gang.

1. Living in Bondage
This movie is one of the oldest to be acted but the popularity it commanded after it’s release opened up Nollywood to the world. In the movie, Andy Okeke (Kenneth Okonkwo) killed his wife and used her for rituals to become wealthy and most certainly, this came with repercussions leading to his becoming mad.

Other Memorable Nollywood Movies of All Time Include:

* Keeping Faith: Staring RMD and Genevieve Nnaji and produced by Ego Boyo.

* True Confession: staring Liz Benson, Zack Orji, Ann Njemanze, Shola Fosudo.

* Suicide Mission: staring Regina Askia, RMD and Obit Etuk.

* Rattle Snake: staring Nkem Owoh, Ann Njemanze, Francis Duru, Ejike Metuselah, Julius Agwu.

* Silent Night staring Ramsey Nuah, Segun Arinze, Alexx Usifo

* Day Break: staring Olu Jacobs, Emeka Ike, Omotola Jolade, Sandra Achums.

* World Apart: Staring Liz Benson, Laz Ekwueme, Kenneth Okonkwo, Hilda Dokubo, and the movie featured INI Edo which catapulted her to the limelight

Which other film is supposed to be here?

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by daveP(m): 2:30pm On Jun 28, 2014
This list isnt complete without Segun Arinze's 'battle of Love'. So suspensed filled and mesmerizing.watched it as a kid.
And the best of them all- Hostages:- this kind(though twas a weekly soap)has neva found a movie to beat its contents(life of a military officer facing a lot of frustration,etc) guess twas banned cos it was having some reference to Abacha's regime then(the main character had to pass thru a septic tank to save his life during a coup)Nta just stopped it altogether.1998 ;both
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by dejt4u(m): 3:06pm On Jun 28, 2014
The list is incomplete without the following;
1. Arelu,
2. Ogbori elemoso(epic movie by lere paimo),
3. Afonja(the legend- wit peter fatomilola as d main actor),
4. Saworo Ide nd agogo eewo (produced by mainframe),
all ajileye series(eran iya Osogbo, koto aye, ibraheem omo orukan et all),
5. all epic yoruba movies are the best so far.. Believe me on this!

Also, some mount zion movies..like ultimate power(agbara nla-wit characters lik ayamatanga), esin ajoji(my favourite), captives of the mighty, hunting shadow, blood on the altar, etc

16 Likes

Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by Lordabas: 3:06pm On Jun 28, 2014

If the award winning naija action movie Issakaba isn't in ur list op Consider it fake

9 Likes

Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by jnrbayano(m): 3:36pm On Jun 28, 2014
My Top 10 will look like this:

10. Issakaba: Sam Dede

9. Conspiracy: Onyeka Onwenu, Larry Koldsweat, Charles Okafor, Nkem Owoh

8. Akidi: starring Nkem Owoh, Sam Loco, Patience Ozokwor

7. My Love: starring Ramsey Nouh, Chiege Alisigwe, Pete Edochie

6. Narrow Escape: starring Ramsey Nouh, Pete Edochie

5. Evil Men: starring Liz Benson, Pete Edochie, Bukky Ajayi, Zack Orji

4. Living in Bondage: Kenneth Okonkwo, Francis Agu, Rita Nzelu, Kanayo O Kanayo

3. Flesh & Blood: starring Ameze Ameriegbe, Christy Essien Igbokwe, Ramsey Nouh

2. Nneka The Pretty Serpent: Ndidi Obi, Kanayo O Kanayo, Rita Nzelu

1. Igodo: Pete Edochie, Nobert Young, Charles Okafor, Sam Dede

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by montestic(m): 6:30pm On Jun 28, 2014
my top 10:
1) Living in Bondage
2) Glamour Girls ( They used to chase us away whnever they were watching it bcs they said we were kids then)
3) True confession
4) Jezebel
5) Betrayal
6) Rattle snake
7) Day Break
cool Nneka the Pretty Serpent
9) Igodo
10) Ikuku

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by diva17: 6:40pm On Jun 28, 2014
Onome : kate henshaw, Olu Jacobs
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by maxism2: 9:47pm On Jun 28, 2014
am back.

I miss ur posts at op
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by DocAdray(f): 9:50pm On Jun 28, 2014
False Alarm, produced by Teco Benson...
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by edymonte: 10:58pm On Jun 28, 2014
issakaba

full moon

chain reaction

karishika

just a mission

formidable force

the senator

state of emergency

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by hatux: 10:59pm On Jun 28, 2014
Lordabas:
If
the award winning naija action movie Issakaba isn't in ur list op Consider it fake
. True talk! And for me,the list isn't complete without 'White waters' and 'Burning tears'
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by mariannlove(f): 8:26am On Jun 29, 2014
Silent night featuring ramsey, segun, alex. Usifo etc
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by bustyhelen(f): 1:55pm On Jun 29, 2014
karishika

I remember how the lead actress seduced pastor IFEANYI ikpoenyi in that film and he threw away d bible and started kissing her deeply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by sholay2011(m): 2:16pm On Jun 29, 2014
Are we listing top 10 old nollywood movies or top 10 best nollywood movies of all time?

'Cos I know Nigerians like to follow hype of ancient crap.

None of the movies in the OP's list is even a better movie than 'The Meeting' or 'Anchor Baby'. To give you some credit, these movies redefined nollywood at various times, but quite better movies have been made, both quality and storywise.

OP, please change your thread title.

And then add the following old movies:
* Saworoide

*Thunderbolt (Magun)

Etc etc.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by Candyjohn: 4:05pm On Jun 29, 2014
Your post is incomplete without high way to the grave, Featuring Regina Askia

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by babylahot(f): 4:30pm On Jun 29, 2014
Living in bondage-kenneth Okonkwo

Taboo-kenneth Okonkwo

Nneka d pretty serpent- Ndidi Obi

State of emmergency- teco Bension, saint obi

Igodo- Pete Edochie

Isakaba- Sam dede

Most wanted- Regina Askia

Confussion-Liz Bension

Died wretched- directed by kenneth Nnebue.. Eucharia Anunobi, tom Njamanze

True confession- Liz Benson

Evil passion.-Ngozi Nwosu

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by lalasticlala(m): 4:44pm On Jun 29, 2014
babylahot: Living in bondage-kenneth Okonkwo

Taboo-kenneth Okonkwo

Nneka d pretty serpent- Ndidi Obi

State of emmergency- teco Bension, saint obi

Igodo- Pete Edochie

Isakaba- Sam dede

Most wanted- Regina Askia

Confussion-Liz Bension

Died wretched- directed by kenneth Nnebue.. Eucharia Anunobi, tom Njamanze

True confession- Liz Benson

Evil passion.-Ngozi Nwosu

nice list

u just reminded me of Confusion staring Liz and Obot etuk

Evil Genius- Bobmanuel udokwu

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by sharon395(f): 7:47am On Jun 30, 2014
Lordabas:
If
the award winning naija action movie Issakaba isn't in ur list op Consider it fake
guy u sabi beta thing and na only u waka cum o
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by bustyhelen(f): 7:15am On Jul 03, 2014
I remember romantic attraction: RMD & STELLA DAMASUS

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 03, 2014
My love: chiege alisigwe and Ramsey noah
One movie like that genevieve got pregnant for emeka ike...blah blah blah undecided
Final whistle:Saint obi and some fair chick like that.
Take me to mama:Saint obi and some dude that looks like him.
Issakaba: Sam dede and Co.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 03, 2014
Blood sisters • Omotola Jalade and Genevieve Nnaji ¤ ¤

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by jnrbayano(m): 7:35am On Jul 03, 2014
banega: Blood sisters • Omotola Jalade and Genevieve Nnaji ¤ ¤

Eva Banega's sister again here undecided
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by bustyhelen(f): 7:41am On Jul 03, 2014
banega: Blood sisters • Omotola Jalade and Genevieve Nnaji ¤ ¤

ya that film was d bomb

there was another one they did together like Sisters keeper
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 03, 2014
jnrbayano:

Eva Banega's sister again here undecided
Huh undecided
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 03, 2014
bustyhelen:

ya that film was d bomb

there was another one they did together like Sisters keeper
Yes oh, busty one cheesy
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by bustyhelen(f): 8:09am On Jul 03, 2014
banega: Yes oh, busty one cheesy

yes ooooo

its me oooooo

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by Harmonyemerald(f): 8:32am On Jul 03, 2014
Things fall apart

Oganigwe

Ijere

Wasted years

Karachika

True love and many more

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by AbuMikey(m): 9:01am On Jul 03, 2014
Isakaba
World apart
Aki na Ukwa
Blood Money
Billionaires Club
State of Emergency
Saworiode (I miss Sunday church because of this Yoruba movie grin )
Ijele
Egg of Life
Show Me Heaven
Cry for Help

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by Romanciella(f): 9:03am On Jul 03, 2014
egg of life....

show me heaven.....

blood sisters......

issakaba

ciao

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by Navyblizz(f): 9:06am On Jul 03, 2014
super love-starring Genny,ramsey,Pete E,Maureen solomon

Ola the morning sun-stephanie

Cry for help-nkiru sylvanus but i like calling her ble ble smiley

rising sun-Genny and kenneth okonkwo

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by Tolexander: 9:27am On Jul 03, 2014
Abu Mikey: Isakaba
World apart
Aki na Ukwa
Blood Money
Billionaires Club
State of Emergency
Saworiode saworoide (I miss Sunday church because of this Yoruba movie grin )
Ijele
Egg of Life
Show Me Heaven
Cry for Help
fixed!

Ti oluwa nile
orun mooru
agbara nla
moremi by duro ladipo
Re: Top 10 Best Old Nollywood Movies You Wouldn't Forget In A Hurry by QweenMercy(f): 11:55am On Jul 03, 2014
Dont remember watching any of the movies mentioned here...
Does dat mean M stil a kid

(1) (2) (Reply)

Davido Escapes Being Shot During PDP Rally In Osun? See His Tweet / Lucky Fan Takes A Shot At Rihanna’s Butt (photos) / Jimmy Wopo Shot Dead Within Hours Of Xxxtentacion Killing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.