Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,873 members, 7,810,324 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School (60995 Views)

Jamb 2015: Unilorin, Uniben, Unizik Leads List Of Most Popular Universities / University Of Ibadan Postgraduate School 2014/2015 Admissions / FINALLY!!! 2014/2015 UNILORIN Post-utme/de Screening Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by femidtiger: 5:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
same old story...my transcript isn't updated yet.
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by Joy83(m): 7:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
Congratulation to me... Admitted to study MSC Petroleum Geology and Sedimentology.
To God be the glory!
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by ade014ril(m): 7:12pm On Oct 03, 2014
Joy83: Congratulation to me... Admitted to study MSC Petroleum Geology and Sedimentology.
To God be the glory!

Pls is the admission list for real n were u notified via ur email address?
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by Joy83(m): 7:20pm On Oct 03, 2014
ade014ril:

Pls is the admission list for real n were u notified via ur email address?
Admission is real... Have been notified fully on my portal with instruction on immediate commencement of registration. I initially received the email alert, congratulating me first.

Wish you all that have not seen all the best!!!

1 Like

Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by ade014ril(m): 7:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
Joy83:
Admission is real... Have been notified fully on my portal with instruction on immediate commencement of registration. I initially received the email alert, congratulating me first.

This is a good news.
Congratulations
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by ade014ril(m): 7:39pm On Oct 03, 2014
Joy83:

Please, when is the registration starting?
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by ProfGemty: 7:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
Admission notification
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by ProfGemty: 7:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
Admission notification mode activated. Be alert
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by Godsknight(m): 7:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
Joy83:

u finished from AAUA?
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by yns4real: 7:52pm On Oct 03, 2014
My Lord has done it for me again. AT LAST, I have bn made an offer to study M.Sc. Accounting and Finance at the University of Ilorin.

For those awaiting theirs, the Lord will do it for you soonest.
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by Joy83(m): 7:56pm On Oct 03, 2014
Registration starts immediately!!!
I finished from AAUA...
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by ade014ril(m): 8:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
yns4real: My Lord has done it for me again. AT LAST, I have bn made an offer to study M.Sc. Accounting and Finance at the University of Ilorin.

For those awaiting theirs, the Lord will do it for you soonest.

Waiting patiently for this department to update mine too.
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by yns4real: 9:58pm On Oct 03, 2014
ade014ril:

Waiting patiently for this department to update mine too.

Great! Your admission email alert is close by. No cause 4 alarm. All is well wth u.
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by omisakint: 10:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
Any news from dept of pol sci?
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
Anynews from economics dept and law
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by otunbakhakiz: 10:28pm On Oct 03, 2014
The information reaching my desk is dt, MBA is yet to release their own list. Ow true is this?
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by Godsknight(m): 10:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
otunbakhakiz: The information reaching my desk is dt, MBA is yet to release their own list. Ow true is this?
ur source bro? I guess dey ve not released their list., let's hope for next week
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by Lewis1988: 3:42am On Oct 04, 2014
Have been offered Admission to Msc Geography and Environmental Management. Wishing everyone good luck
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by NifemiOlu(m): 5:12am On Oct 04, 2014
For those awaiting transcript upload and awaiting admission. There are 2 facts you need to know:
1. Most of you are having transcript issue because you didn't make a photocopy of the transcript payment receipt and had it attached when submitting your forms (Unilorin alumni)
1a. Many people may have been granted admission by their departments but the PG school hasn't received their transcripts from their various universities.
2. Admission runs through November. No need to panic.
All the best.

P.S: For those who have been admitted, DO NOT RUSH to make payment (speaking from experience)
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by Pelupelu: 8:06am On Oct 04, 2014
NifemiOlu: For those awaiting transcript upload and awaiting admission. There are 2 facts you need to know:
1. Most of you are having transcript issue because you didn't make a photocopy of the transcript payment receipt and had it attached when submitting your forms (Unilorin alumni)
1a. Many people may have been granted admission by their departments but the PG school hasn't received their transcripts from their various universities.
All the best.

P.S: For those who have been admitted, DO NOT RUSH to make payment (speaking from experience)
why do we need to be cautious in making payments? Thanks
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by NifemiOlu(m): 8:14am On Oct 04, 2014
Pelupelu: why do we need to be cautious in making payments? Thanks

I was admitted 3rd October, 2013. I paid 31st October, 2013. (Not only me though)
1. Those of us who paid early had our names missing from the admission master list till date. That is, our names were missing from the matric list and we had to start filling manual forms and attaching evidence of payment. Very destabilising and stressful. This happened because of portal update.
2. (Most unlikely) We filed for a refund. We paid in excess because there was reduction in fees and some had extra cash deducted by the portal...as high as 120k for some. It took up to 5 months before we got the refund.
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by Capitas7: 8:46am On Oct 04, 2014
NifemiOlu: For those awaiting transcript upload and awaiting admission. There are 2 facts you need to know:
All the best.

what of those with "not recommended" on their admission status, while their transcripts are yet to be received?
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by NifemiOlu(m): 8:56am On Oct 04, 2014
Capitas7:
what of those with "not recommended" on their admission status, while their transcripts are yet to be received?

This is how it works.
The "not recommended" is directly related with the department of course of study while 'transcript' stuff is related to the PG school. When someone is recommended for admission, the PG school will merge their transcript (if found/received) with their recommendation and grant admission.
So for your question, I think the department hasn't recommended the person for admission and the transcript not yet received/uploaded. But in so many cases, transcripts are usually uploaded first.
That's why said earlier, no need to panic. Admission runs through November but keep tabs.
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by Capitas7: 9:15am On Oct 04, 2014
NifemiOlu:

This is how it works.
The "not recommended" is directly related with the department of course of study while 'transcript' stuff is related to the PG school. When someone is recommended for admission, the PG school will merge their transcript (if found/received) with their recommendation and grant admission.
So for your question, I think the department hasn't recommended the person for admission and the transcript not yet received/uploaded. But in so many cases, transcripts are usually uploaded first.
That's why said earlier, no need to panic. Admission runs through November but keep tabs.
Thank you for your quick response. But I understand you to mean if an applicant is not recommended by their department, they have automatically forfeited admission, since it is the department that makes the decision before forwarding to the PG school as you explained. The reason for my thought is: admission status for everyone was "no admission offered yet". so if some are updated to "not recommended", it seems the decision by the department has already been reached about the applicant. I patiently await your response, thank you.
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by NifemiOlu(m): 9:28am On Oct 04, 2014
Capitas7:

Thank you for your quick response. But I understand you to mean if an applicant is not recommended by their department, they have automatically forfeited admission, since it is the department that makes the decision before forwarding to the PG school as you explained. The reason for my thought is: admission status for everyone was "no admission offered yet". so if some are updated to "not recommended", it seems the decision by the department has already been reached about the applicant. I patiently await your response, thank you.

Oh, now I get it. If it was updated from "no admission offered yet" to "not recommended" it means no admission. And without transcript received, it means the candidate failed the entrance exams or the slots have been filled for each department as usually only 6 students can be attached to a supervisor at a time. (For my department though)
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by Capitas7: 9:31am On Oct 04, 2014
NifemiOlu:

Oh, now I get it. If it was updated from "no admission offered yet" to "not recommended" it means no admission.

Thank you for your explanation and time. Observing the events unfolding on daily basis
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by NifemiOlu(m): 9:33am On Oct 04, 2014
Capitas7:

Thank you for your explanation and time. Observing the events unfolding on daily basis
All the best.

1 Like

Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by Joy83(m): 9:57am On Oct 04, 2014
@Nifemiolu, thank you for being for we Freshers!
However, I have few inquiring to make:
1. Is it possible for the tuition fee deadline to be extended till December?
2. I believe we are not paying acceptance fee?
3. The tuition fee we are paying is for the whole one year Master's program?
4. What are the possibilities for the someone M.sc program to extend Sept. 30, 2015 as stated in the calendar?
5. When is lecture going to start?
6. What is the accommodation situation like in Ilorin and affordability?
7. Is it possible to combine some minor paid work with the academic work-most likely outside the state?
8. What are the various steps involved during registration process.
9. What is your advice on the choice of supervisor on the portal.
10. Is it possible for someone to defer the admission?

Thank you for your response, even as I believe these questions will go in line with other fellow Fresher.

I represent MSc Petroleum Geology and Sedimentology
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by NifemiOlu(m): 10:12am On Oct 04, 2014
Joy83:
@Nifemiolu, thank you for being for we Freshers!
However, I have few inquiring to make:
1. Is it possible for the tuition fee deadline to be extended till December?
2. I believe we are not paying acceptance fee?
3. The tuition fee we are paying is for the whole one year Master's program?
4. What are the possibilities for the someone M.sc program to extend Sept. 30, 2015 as stated in the calendar?
5. When is lecture going to start?
6. What is the accommodation situation like in Ilorin and affordability?
7. Is it possible to combine some minor paid work with the academic work-most likely outside the state?
8. What are the various steps involved during registration process.
9. What is your advice on the choice of supervisor on the portal.
10. Is it possible for someone to defer the admission?

Thank you for your response, even as I believe these questions will go in line with other fellow Fresher.

I represent MSc Petroleum Geology and Sedimentology
1. There's installmental payment but all must be completed before 1st semester exams.
2. As at last year, no acceptance fee.
3. Yes, just for a year.
4. Thesis and deferment.
5. Lectures start when you have a rep and consult your PG coordinator in your department for details e.g courses to offer and lecturers in charge.
6. Self-con in Ilorin ranges from 70-220. It depends on your choice. As for on-campus accommodation, there's a PG hostel which costs like 95k or so (not sure)
7. It depends on the flexibility of your program but generally, if it's FT, No but PT, Yes.
8. Your PG coordinator will guide you.
9. Your PG coordinator will choose a supervisor for you. DO NOT CHOOSE ONLINE.
10. Yes, one can defer admission.
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by Joy83(m): 10:18am On Oct 04, 2014
NifemiOlu:

1. There's installmental payment but all must be completed before 1st semester exams.
2. As at last year, no acceptance fee.
3. Yes, just for a year.
4. Thesis and deferment.
5. Lectures start when you have a rep and consult your PG coordinator in your department for details e.g courses to offer and lecturers in charge.
6. Self-con in Ilorin ranges from 70-220. It depends on your choice. As for on-campus accommodation, there's a PG hostel which costs like 95k or so (not sure)
7. It depends on the flexibility of your program but generally, if it's FT, No but PT, Yes.
8. Your PG coordinator will guide you.
9. Your PG coordinator will choose a supervisor for you. DO NOT CHOOSE ONLINE.
10. Yes, one can defer admission.
Wow, you are too much joor!
I so much appreciate you kind dedication and support. May God reward and honour you richly!

Better by far... I now love Unilorin!

1 Like

Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by donpata(m): 10:46am On Oct 04, 2014
please i have no idea about any portal. I only recieve mails from the pg school. they informed me my transcript have been recieved. How can i log into my portal to check my status. Thanks in anticipation
Re: 2014/2015 Unilorin Postgraduate School by NifemiOlu(m): 10:50am On Oct 04, 2014
donpata:
please i have no idea about any portal. I only recieve mails from the pg school. they informed me my transcript have been recieved. How can i log into my portal to check my status. Thanks in anticipation

www.unilorin.edu.ng/pgschool/login.php

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Rivers State University SUG President, Miracle Anele And His Personal Bodyguards / University Of Calabar Lecturer Carries His Student's Baby During Exam / WAEC EXPO/RUNZ 2020 | NECO EXPO/RUNS: CALL 08138222229 NOW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.