Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Totally Removing Avg8 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Totally Removing Avg8 (1304 Views)

Removing Desktop.in Permanently In Windows 8 And 8.1 / Kaspersky Internet Security With Crack; Totally Free For All / Removing VBS Redlof and Trojan.Startpage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Totally Removing Avg8 by nuttyproff(m): 5:05pm On Oct 04, 2008
I'm trying to install kaspersky but it keeps insisting that AVG 8 is preventing the installation, even after i've uninstalled it. how do i completely remove the AVG8?
Re: Totally Removing Avg8 by flyuche(m): 8:03pm On Oct 04, 2008
go to their website and download the UNINSTALL UTILITY. start your pc in safe mode and run the utility. it completely wipes your pc of the program.
Re: Totally Removing Avg8 by SeunT2(m): 8:15pm On Oct 04, 2008
I will suggest you should reinstall the Avg8,uninstall it back and restart your computer immidiately, it may working by doing that, why do you want to uninstall it in the first place, is it not working properly
Well my is not working properly so am planing of uninstalling it and buy norton anti-virus
Re: Totally Removing Avg8 by lynxnoon(m): 11:17pm On Oct 04, 2008
why dont u guy try AVG internet security suite? dats wat am using n its quite good, got into trouble once for not listening to it had to formatmy system afta installing a program while it kept warning me not to lipsrsealed grin grin
Re: Totally Removing Avg8 by nuttyproff(m): 9:04am On Oct 05, 2008
guys thanx for your suggestions, i culdnt find any uninstaller utility at the site so i ahd to use regedit to get rid of all the leftovers from my system, presently as i am replying to this post it is installing on my system
Re: Totally Removing Avg8 by xprofile: 4:32pm On Oct 06, 2008
yeah great
smiley
Re: Totally Removing Avg8 by xprofile: 4:34pm On Oct 06, 2008
yeah great
wateva
wink
Re: Totally Removing Avg8 by badaru1(m): 3:58pm On Oct 07, 2008
@nuttyproff

What is this regedit of a thing? How does it work? I have similar problem.
Re: Totally Removing Avg8 by ogbongzky(m): 4:12pm On Oct 07, 2008
WARNING: if you dont really know how to work with the registry through the regedit command, dont ever try to because if you make any mistake there, it might stop your pc from working, rather, you can download CCLEANER and help you fix your registry, ENJOY
Re: Totally Removing Avg8 by sunnysweat: 5:42pm On Oct 07, 2008
uninstaller can help you
Re: Totally Removing Avg8 by flyuche(m): 10:07pm On Oct 07, 2008
stop being nutty. follow this http://www.avg.com/download-tools to download the avg remover.
don't take any other advice here.

(1) (Reply)

Starcomms Ev-do Card And Pci To Pcmcia Controller Card For Sale / Laptops, Netbooks, iPAD, Desktop, Tablets For Sale (Business & Personal) / Mtn Latest Freebrowsing Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.