Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil (7673 Views)

Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com / Season To Make It Big In Poultry Farming Is Here / Poultry Farming Is The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:07pm On Jun 28, 2014
In the past,Nigeria has relied so much on oil
that other sectors of.the economy have either
been abandoned or little attention are being
pay to them;agricultural sectors which remain
one of the abandoned sector.
In the 70's and 80's,agriculture is the main
drive of the economy generating hundred of
thousands of jobs for its people but in this
new millenium,opposite is the case.
For the first time in the history of
Nigeria,government are now paying attention
to the agriculture especially the cassava as a
crop. This is because Nigeria is the largest
producer of cassava and also the economic
impact cassava can make for the country and
the populace.
Thanks to the administration of President
Goodluck Jonathan even though even though i
am not a supporter of any political party.
The believe is that proper partnership with the
private sector will surely steer the ship of this
government new-found-love to a glorious
destination.
I hope this short article can also encourage
young unemployed graduates and investors to
venture into cassava farming to help them
create wealth and jobs for the people of this
country.
Our cassava farm management programme is
ongoing and with the few hectares of land
remaining,we are open to people that wants to
earn a living and create wealth for themselves
and their family.
We set up farms,manage farmland for busy
executives.
We also are involve in processing and
marketing of agric products.
Email yusuffgbenga@gmail.com for more info.
follow me on www.facebook.com/waleagro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:35pm On Jun 30, 2014
cassava is a drought resistant crop and can also survive in any soil type except clayey or sandy soil.
It is grown mostly in the southern part of the country and now becoming the next cash crop to be witnessed in the country
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by dytbabe: 11:27pm On Jun 30, 2014
No last price?
grin grin grin

And how does one get buyers for them after harvesting?
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:12pm On Jul 01, 2014
dyt babe: No last price?
grin grin grin

Buyers are available for the cassava products.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by dytbabe: 6:14pm On Jul 01, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:
Buyers are available for the cassava products.

U have not said anyth abt the price, the land is where?
And do I have to be there to check it?
How do I come in?
Am I to jst give the money while I wait for returns in 10mnths?
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
dyt babe:

U have not said anyth abt the price, the land is where?
And do I have to be there to check it?
How do I come in?
Am I to jst give the money while I wait for returns in 10mnths?
You have to be available at every stage of production.
You have to be there.
lands are available in Ogun,Osun and Ibadan for the programme.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
dyt babe: No last price?
grin grin grin

No last price?
I like your sense of humour.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by dyttt: 3:15pm On Jul 03, 2014
ok the, maybe we shld take a step further for the cassava, since theres a ready made market for it, but wld wanna start small, will try calling you again sir
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by dyttt: 3:28pm On Jul 03, 2014
wow nice idea
u have beeen so helpfullooking forward to do business with u
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Ebi4life: 11:02pm On Jul 03, 2014
Lesgupnigeria: In the past,Nigeria has relied so much on oil
the populace.
destination.
country.
and their family.
executives.
Our cassava management programme is as
follows:

STAGE 1
Land lease - #5,000/Hectare
1st ploughing - #7,000
2nd ploughing - #7,000
10 Months improved TME419 Cassava stems
#9,000
Planting - #8,000

STAGE 2
1st weeding - #9,000
2litres of N.P.K @1800/litre #3,600

STAGE 3
2nd weeding - #9,000
2litres of urea @#1,500/litre #3,000

STAGE 4
3rd weeding - #9,000
Harvesting - #5,000
Management fee - #40,000
Total cost # 114,600
Target yield = 25tons
1ton =#15,000 - #20,000
Income = #15,000 * 25= #375,000
Profit =#375,000 - #114,600
= #260,400 within 10months
For more info email:yusuffgbenga@gmail.com
. Where are u based. What is ur mode of operation, can I send the money to u and u give me that returns u mentioned.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by dytbabe: 4:46am On Jul 04, 2014
Ebi4life: . Where are u based. What is ur mode of operation, can I send the money to u and u give me that returns u mentioned.

U must be lazy

Why not send to me instead
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
dyttt: wow nice idea
u have beeen so helpfullooking forward to do business with u
Ok
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
dyttt: ok the, maybe we shld take a step further for the cassava, since theres a ready made market for it, but wld wanna start small, will try calling you again sir
Yes there is a ready made market for it.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:21pm On Aug 23, 2014
money making cassava farming business,.......kickstart yours today
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by soladel(m): 5:35am On Aug 27, 2014
Lesgupnigeria: In the past,Nigeria has relied so much on oil
the populace.
destination.
country.
and their family.
executives.
Our cassava management programme is as
follows:

STAGE 1
Land lease - #5,000/Hectare
1st ploughing - #7,000
2nd ploughing - #7,000
10 Months improved TME419 Cassava stems
#9,000
Planting - #8,000

STAGE 2
1st weeding - #9,000
2litres of N.P.K @1800/litre #3,600

STAGE 3
2nd weeding - #9,000
2litres of urea @#1,500/litre #3,000

STAGE 4
3rd weeding - #9,000
Harvesting - #5,000
Management fee - #40,000
Total cost # 114,600
Target yield = 25tons
1ton =#15,000 - #20,000
Income = #15,000 * 25= #375,000
Profit =#375,000 - #114,600
= #260,400 within 10months
For more info email:yusuffgbenga@gmail.com
Oga gbenga, your quotation above is wrong. Your survey and research is baseless. Can you proof your claims?.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
soladel:
Oga gbenga, your quotation above is wrong. Your survey and research is baseless. Can you proof your claims?.
I just have 3 questions for you
1. Are you a farmer? (with pictorial proofs)
2. Have you.being into any farming business before.
3. Can you give us the right and the correct survey and research?

....Awaiting your response sir.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by fm7070: 10:41am On Aug 28, 2014
can i use gnld fertilizer for my cassava?
at what point do I need to use it?
thank you all.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:32pm On Aug 28, 2014
fm7070: can i use gnld fertilizer for my cassava?
at what point do I need to use it?
thank you all.
You can use GNLD on cassava especially during the dry season but be careful in appliying
Make sure you dilute well the GNLD and follow instructions as recommended by the manufacturers
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:37am On Sep 06, 2014
…...A civil servant who is not satisfied with the
endless game of politicians and Government who promise to keep money for you until you retire, but anytime you see retirees waiting endlessly for gratuity, and other nbenefits, you fear for your future and you want to learn how to start a part-time business to complement your monthly salary?

This is the business for you.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by irukandji89(m): 10:34am On Sep 06, 2014
@OP ....... I have about 2 acres of land. How much would it take for you to help me set up a cassava farm?

Its not cleared, and I planted some plantain there too.

The land is at ogun state, ijebu east LGA, where I reside.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:11pm On Sep 06, 2014
irukandji89: @OP ....... I have about 2 acres of land. How much would it take for you to help me set up a cassava farm?

Its not cleared, and I planted some plantain there too.

The land is at ogun state, ijebu east LGA, where I reside.

You can call me on 08164628081,08092034147 or email me at yusuffgbenga@gmail.com or info@agrolesgupservices.com to discuss more.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
@OP

Which part of Ibadan do you have the a farmland? Also, are you saying that you already have specific buyers for the product if one invests through you? Is the cost of product marketing/selling included in your management fee or is it a separate fee?

Better still, can you provide a turnkey solution that starts from land lease and planting to final sales, with a realistic projected income that will allow investors who may not necessarily have time to be involved? I think you (or other farmers on Nairaland) should seriously look at this possibility. You should be able to package a piece of farmland as a complete product, that private investors should be able to invest it, or alternatively as a registered cooperative society that you manage on behalf of prospective investors. This will also make it easy to obtain low interest loans and other benefits from federal and state governments.

I believe there are enough people who would not mind to invest in farming, but simply do not have time to be present at the farm as required.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Fargbaba: 6:55pm On Sep 07, 2014
I really like the details but I will like to ask if investors are expected to pay all the money at once or at installment or as the need arises.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by samseen02(m): 11:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
Read this article on how to get easy access to NACRDB loan scheme... http://www.wealthmeans..com.es/2013/06/applying-for-nigerian-agricultural.html
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by boluwajokosegun: 3:32am On Sep 08, 2014
for drying raw agriculture produce the machine
that can dry 4 to 5 tons using charcoal of just
N200, it does not use direct heat ...N360k
it can dry vegetables, tubers, Plantain, fish,
chicken, Grasscuter, maize, etc
Call Gbenga: 08136650972
( Modify ) ( Quote ) ( Report ) ( Share )
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:20am On Sep 08, 2014
kunlef: @OP

Which part of Ibadan do you have the a farmland? Also, are you saying that you already have specific buyers for the product if one invests through you? Is the cost of product marketing/selling included in your management fee or is it a separate fee?

Better still, can you provide a turnkey solution that starts from land lease and planting to final sales, with a realistic projected income that will allow investors who may not necessarily have time to be involved? I think you (or other farmers on Nairaland) should seriously look at this possibility. You should be able to package a piece of farmland as a complete product, that private investors should be able to invest it, or alternatively as a registered cooperative society that you manage on behalf of prospective investors. This will also make it easy to obtain low interest loans and other benefits from federal and state governments.

I believe there are enough people who would not mind to invest in farming, but simply do not have time to be present at the farm as required.
Thank you.
The farmlands are situated in Ogbomoso,Oyo state.
There are ready markets for all our products ranging from plantain,cassava,oilpalm etc.
All are included in the Management fee.
Yes,you are absolutely right.
We will reevaluate and see what we can come up with.
Thanks.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 08, 2014
Nobody will harvest 25tons of cassava for you for just 5000naira,check ur fact very well. Average cost of harvesting and transportation is not less than 25% of the whole proceed and at the moment a ton of cassava is going for between 10 and 12,000 naira.
You can prove me wrong if....07030659362.... I have planted more than 20hectares in the past.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 08, 2014
People should be wary of funny quotation like this one. I did a survey with a friend on cassava harvesting and the shocking news is that harvesting cost is about 33% of the whole produce.
A bag load of Cassava on motorcycle goes for 4,500naira. The harvesting and loading plus transport gulps 1,800 so what do you have left--2,700 you can find the %. A cabstar load of cassava is about 45,000n now. harvesting and loading gulps 6,000 and transport between 12-15000 naira so do the calculation yourself. i have harvested cassava for more than a day and loaded a big truck of more than 35tonnes and d price per tonne then was 9500. Transportation then was 80,000 and about 35,000 for harvesting and loading. try and do all the calculation and prove me wrong.
You can also make gain from cassava if you go into processing. If you spend 30% of the proceed on harvesting and transportation, where will you put the money spent on cultivation?
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:59am On Sep 09, 2014
bigproject: People should be wary of funny quotation like this one. I did a survey with a friend on cassava harvesting and the shocking news is that harvesting cost is about 33% of the whole produce.
A bag load of Cassava on motorcycle goes for 4,500naira. The harvesting and loading plus transport gulps 1,800 so what do you have left--2,700 you can find the %. A cabstar load of cassava is about 45,000n now. harvesting and loading gulps 6,000 and transport between 12-15000 naira so do the calculation yourself. i have harvested cassava for more than a day and loaded a big truck of more than 35tonnes and d price per tonne then was 9500. Transportation then was 80,000 and about 35,000 for harvesting and loading. try and do all the calculation and prove me wrong.
You can also make gain from cassava if you go into processing. If you spend 30% of the proceed on harvesting and transportation, where will you put the money spent on cultivation?

I will thank you for this because it will enable me to shed more light on a whole lot of things which you will learn and as well help you to start making money from cassava farming business.

To succeed in any business,you need a whole ton of creativity and be able to challenge the status quo. I always say you dont want to keep doing the same thing and think you can have a different result.

Firstly,As a farmer,you should know that cost of production is quite different or varies from ome location to another (except if you dont have farms in different location)

The quote above is a cost-profit analysis for a particular location and there can never be a standard cost-profit for all cassava plantation.
The cost of production in Ogun state is different from the one in Oyo state or Osun state.

Secondly, Never think every farmers or agribusiness companies buy,sell or operate as you.do.
Do you know the market we supply to?
Do you know how we source for our workers?
Do you know whether they are working for us full time or part time?
Do you know the companies we supply to,whether we have a constant market price for our products?

How many years experience do you have in cassava plantation and processing?

All these questions are what you should ask before writing stuff like this but i guess its out of curiosity.
I am making money and I will continue making money in this cassava & agri business because i am not doing what you are doing.

From your calculations,it seems you are making great loss or little profits (reason why i will be willing to disburse some useful informations to you,provided you are willing to learn and act on them because thats the reason why this thread was created)

you can contact me on yusuffgbenga@gmail.com or info@agrolesgupservices.com for info.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
bigproject: Nobody will harvest 25tons of cassava for you for just 5000naira,check ur fact very well. Average cost of harvesting and transportation is not less than 25% of the whole proceed and at the moment a ton of cassava is going for between 10 and 12,000 naira.
You can prove me wrong if....07030659362.... I have planted more than 20hectares in the past.
I will not only prove you wrong....i will say you still have a lot to learn and know about this business.
you can check my advise and comments on the other posts.

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by fm7070: 2:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
I love Nairaland.
@bigproject may have a point based on his past experience.
But he could have asked questions instead of coming to conclusion.
One just have to learn how to beat the usual way of farming to break even and that you have to learn always.
Re: Cassava Farming Is Now Nigeria New Rediscovered Oil by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:58pm On Sep 10, 2014
fm7070: I love Nairaland.
@bigproject may have a point based on his past experience.
But he could have asked questions instead of coming to conclusion.
One just have to learn how to beat the usual way of farming to break even and that you have to learn always.
Rightly stated.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Learn How To Raise Worms To Produce Organic Fertilizers. / Extruder (Floating feed ) & Other Feeds Processing Machines in 2022 / I Need Buyer For Goat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.