Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,982 members, 7,821,421 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! (2236 Views)

When CBN Extends BVN Registration Date (photo) / Which Bank Do You Operate With And How Would You Rate Their Services? / YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by intrepid: 4:19am On Jun 29, 2014
Any Nigerian who is into online business will surely know what it means to have paypal list Nigeria as part of their service users.Its been a lot of headache since Nigerians were disallowed to use paypal,and many have suffered a lot from freezing of account to outright denial of access to the website.Some have tried to access them through the back door;many folks also have made a chunk of money from this predicament teaching Nigerians ''how to open paypal account in Nigeria''...i guess this is gonna be the end of all those paypal reports

However,Paypal has finally decided that Nigeria should be included as the intend to extend their services to about 10 new countries now.

I hope we shall make good use of the service and avoid getting banned in the future due to misuse.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/06/16/us-internet-paypal-idUKKBN0ER1ML20140616
Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by simplyme3(f): 4:37am On Jun 29, 2014
Old news

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by emmakins: 4:49am On Jun 29, 2014
Hello, pls i need $25 into my paypal account to make a transaction online today.any one willing to send me $25, the person have to be in lagos so that i can pay him cash in Naira. Contact me ASAP 08038227470

1 Like

Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by bigtt76(f): 5:39am On Jun 29, 2014
Use your Master Card Naira or Visa Card to do that! Nor come start anoda form of scamming joooor! grin

emmakins: Hello, pls i need $25 into my paypal account to make a transaction online today.any one willing to send me $25, the person have to be in lagos so that i can pay him cash in Naira. Contact me ASAP 08038227470
Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by emmakins: 6:00am On Jun 29, 2014
bigtt76: Use your Master Card Naira or Visa Card to do that! Nor come start anoda form of scamming joooor! grin
common its not a scam.. i use my UBA Africard for my paypal, but usually i don't leave money in it. its only when i want to make make a transaction online i load it. and there's a service i want to pay for online, and today being sunday is the deadline, banks are closed so i can't load my card to fund my paypal. so thats the reason i need someone in Lagos to help me out and we can meet in person so i pay him cash.
you don't have to assume every body is a scammer.
Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by bigtt76(f): 6:04am On Jun 29, 2014
Well one just have to make sure that new 'patterns' have not evolved with the new PayPal craze in Nigeria grin Whereabout in Lagos are you located and what service is that you're funding? Maybe I can assist.

emmakins:
common its not a scam.. i use my UBA Africard for my paypal, but usually i don't leave money in it. its only when i want to make make a transaction online i load it. and there's a service i want to pay for online, and today being sunday is the deadline, banks are closed so i can't load my card to fund my paypal. so thats the reason i need someone in Lagos to help me out and we can meet in person so i pay him cash.
Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by emmakins: 6:32am On Jun 29, 2014
bigtt76: Well one just have to make sure that new 'patterns' have not evolved with the new PayPal craze in Nigeria grin Whereabout in Lagos are you located and what service is that you're funding? Maybe I can assist.
wow, i'll be glad if you can. i reside in Okota area. i'm a currency trader and i use a monthly paid signal service, the service is offering a discount for the weekend, which is ending today. i don't mind if you want me to come meet you anywhere, if you can help. thanks
Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by Nobody: 6:40am On Jun 29, 2014
Paypal that can only send but cant receive payments.
Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by simplyme3(f): 7:41am On Jun 29, 2014
babaearly: Paypal that can only send but cant receive payments.

At least its still helpful to a lot of people including myself.
Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 29, 2014
simply_me:

At least its still helpful to a lot of people including myself.
How exactly? I'm curious. I heard you can only purchase items from international merchant sites that accept paypal, but you cannot make person to person payments yet. Is that true? If so, what's the point?
Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 29, 2014
pro01:
How exactly? I'm curious. I heard you can only purchase items from international merchant sites that accept paypal, but you cannot make person to person payments yet. Is that true? If so, what's the point?

It's obvious that a lot of people clamouring for what you want don't know much about paypal.

If you know their history and operations, you will no worries with the current limitations.

Put yourself in their shoes and tell me how it feels.

In most recent countries where they operate, this was how they started and after a while, they remove the limit.

So, chill bruv. It could happen next year but don't expect the peer-to-peer transaction anytime soon.

Just exist as you have always done before the news of their entry into Nigeria ever reached you.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by simplyme3(f): 12:47pm On Jun 29, 2014
pro01:

there are many of us who require to make imternational payments in the course of doing our business so being able to make such payments via paypal is a great releif to usl get it?
Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by arbitrage: 12:53pm On Jun 29, 2014
emmakins:

So you have not seen any thread here in which Arbitrage offers 24/7 funding of your UBA Visa Africard. Give him a try and don't need to risk travelling around for meeting exchangers in person if that is what you need to fund the PayPal. You can also get your PayPal funded directly on Nairaland without stressing to go out.
Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by lordfalcao(m): 5:58pm On Jun 29, 2014
arbitrage:

So you have not seen any thread here in which Arbitrage offers 24/7 funding of your UBA Visa Africard. Give him a try and don't need to risk travelling around for meeting exchangers in person if that is what you need to fund the PayPal. You can also get your PayPal funded directly on Nairaland without stressing to go out.
how can I get the bank statement and 4 digit code use in veryfing my card?
Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by dav8id(m): 6:04pm On Jun 29, 2014
lord_falcao: how can I get the bank statement and 4 digit code use in veryfing my card?

do you normally get alert once you spend money from your account? if yes then once PayPal deduct $1.95 from your account you will get an alert regarding the transaction. the 4 digit is includef in the alert msg or Maillot you received unless if PayPal did not successful deduct the $1.95.

you will see something like this pp*2567code* remote bla bla
Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by lordfalcao(m): 6:10pm On Jun 29, 2014
dav8id:

do you normally get alert once you spend money from your account? if yes then once PayPal deduct $1.95 from your account you will get an alert regarding the transaction. the 4 digit is includef in the alert msg or Maillot you received unless if PayPal did not successful deduct the $1.95.

you will see something like this pp*2567code* remote bla bla
they sent. NGN319.41 debited from a/c no 4********9 for trans. at 4029357733 00LU POS on 29-Jun-14. no code just this
Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by dav8id(m): 6:20pm On Jun 29, 2014
lord_falcao: they sent. NGN319.41 debited from a/c no 4********9 for trans. at 4029357733 00LU POS on 29-Jun-14. no code just this

did you check your email inbox or spam folder?

then I suggest you contact PayPal for your code
Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by lordfalcao(m): 6:35pm On Jun 29, 2014
dav8id:

did you check your email inbox or spam folder?

then I suggest you contact PayPal for your code
thanks let me contact them immediately
Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by arbitrage: 10:15pm On Jun 29, 2014
lord_falcao: how can I get the bank statement and 4 digit code use in veryfing my card?

Apply for your internet banking and you may see the right info description in your statement online or else request your bank statement if the sms alert is not detailed or clear.
Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by lordfalcao(m): 9:42am On Jun 30, 2014
arbitrage:

Apply for your internet banking and you may see the right info description in your statement online or else request your bank statement if the sms alert is not detailed or clear.
am on internet banking na, using visa card, I think going to the bank for card statement
Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by oluyale(m): 11:00am On Jun 30, 2014
I was able to verify my account in just 5 minutes with my Gtbank Account,and I upgraded to premier account,right now I can sell my ebooks. visit http://www.paypalnigeria.com. I Think what is most Important in this development is how paypal inclusion to our Internet Industry can enrich lives of millions people and create Jobs for Internet surfers and opportunity seekers. so many Small businesses are springing up, and people are taking position. Lets see how we can start making money on Multi-million dollars stores, and Lucrative programs we have been denied of in time past – my opinion (you can visit http://www.paypalnigeria.com)and pay for my opportunity book
Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by osram(m): 12:26pm On Jun 30, 2014
Pls m using diamond visa card..av collected my bank statement today nd i did nt see any code..i only saw reference number.pls wat do i do nxt..also pls is account statement different 4rm card statement..tnx as u hlp
Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by arbitrage: 7:30pm On Jun 30, 2014
osram: Pls m using diamond visa card..av collected my bank statement today nd i did nt see any code..i only saw reference number.pls wat do i do nxt..also pls is account statement different 4rm card statement..tnx as u hlp

Call customer service and ask them to read the transaction description they have at their back end in case your bank is the type that alerts its customers with its own transaction description rather than the merchant's site payment description.
Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by osram(m): 8:25pm On Jun 30, 2014
arbitrage:

Call customer service and ask them to read the transaction description they have at their back end in case your bank is the type that alerts its customers with its own transaction description rather than the merchant's site payment description.
av sum1 tried dz method and it worked bfore?
Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by Joel3(m): 10:03pm On Jun 30, 2014
lord_falcao: they sent. NGN319.41 debited from a/c no 4********9 for trans. at 4029357733 00LU POS on 29-Jun-14. no code just this
this is what you get when you Registered it. Which means you have not verified it yet.

Now Click on verify they will send you the code.

Thats what i did. This was the first message i got.
Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by osram(m): 10:56pm On Jun 30, 2014
Joel.:
this is what you get when you Registered it. Which means you have not verified it yet.

Now Click on verify they will send you the code.

Thats what i did. This was the first message i got.
wich bank r u using?
Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by rukkyng(m): 10:56pm On Jun 30, 2014
Hello guys I just tried registering on paypal website but still can't find Nigeria on the list, is there something am doing wrong? I clicked on open a personal account can someone pls put me through thank u.
Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by ayodinho91: 11:09pm On Jun 30, 2014
pls, how can i fund my paypal acct. i've done the verification. i used GTbank Master card.

Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by jidowu84: 11:18pm On Jun 30, 2014
Nawao se u b anamu ni? 00LU is d code na
. Ar u frm be*ue?
Re: BREAKING News!! Finally Paypal Extends Their Services To Nigeria! by Joel3(m): 11:25pm On Jun 30, 2014
osram: which bank r u using?
the fucking africard.

(1) (Reply)

Today's exchange rate of Naira Against Dollars, Pound And Euro / Want To Start Making Money Online?? Enter Here / Get Free Airtime To Sign Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.