Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,310 members, 7,864,479 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:59 PM

Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession (3379 Views)

8 Nigerian Celebrities And The American Stars They Resemble [photos] / Nigerian Female Celebrities And Their Expensive Engagement Rings(photos) / Nigerian celebrities and their luxury cars! (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession by MP007(m): 2:57pm On Jul 16, 2006
My people, I have question. Why do these celebrities want to kill themseves with all this "loss weight look good" practices? Do you think this new trend is going out of of control?

I was checking out all these star magazines and my word, some of these stars are thinner than the oboroko fish. Them have turned themselves turn to thin lizards all in the name of looking good.

Please comment!
Re: Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession by memyself2(f): 3:29pm On Jul 16, 2006
lol, my bro, it aint dier fault, u look nicer if u wear a tank top n dnt have ur stomach protudin like dt of a 20yr old pregnancy, but i admit some of dem over do it, derefore, bulimia, anorexia n wat have u? but still, its mostly d fault of the media n the public, we diss them if the put on a lil weight, yet we scream hell if the bcum too thin, they r just human beings like us with their insecurities, fears, loneliness etc, u get my drift? so the result, dnt be too fast2judge them "he without sin, cast the first stone"
Re: Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession by MerC2(f): 4:40pm On Jul 16, 2006
lol 20 yr old pregnancy
hahaha!
Yeah. . .I honestly prefer to be skinny
than to have meat hanging out errwhere.
Re: Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession by Seun(m): 5:56pm On Jul 16, 2006
You want to know why they are obsessed with their weight? It's because if they are plump, you'll say they are "too fat" and need to lose weight (Britney Spears, and Orikinla's fine black American friend).
Re: Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession by Eastcoast(f): 10:06pm On Jul 16, 2006
itz really getting extreme these days. Just look at Nicole richie, she looks like a living skeleton. It is just amazn
Re: Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession by Mystique(f): 11:48am On Jul 17, 2006
Ask Nicole Richie cheesy
Re: Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession by fabian(f): 12:04pm On Jul 19, 2006
Its just a fad and since most of em are subject to social pressure, they just fall for it and become bulimic.
Re: Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession by Oracle(m): 5:55am On Sep 12, 2006
Thatz why i love Queen Latifah
Re: Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession by Eastcoast(f): 11:46am On Sep 12, 2006
@oracle, Queen latifah did lose some weight. She also went under the knife.
Re: Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession by iice(f): 6:29pm On Sep 12, 2006
under the knife ke? she only did breast reduction and worked out a bit but she's still they sexy mama she always was. Mennn nicole richie is something else o. she looks like a lollipop
Re: Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession by Eastcoast(f): 6:59pm On Sep 12, 2006
@icee, to get your breast reduced, isn't it cosmetic? Atleast it is still done under the knife. It is an improvement surgery not health surgery. Or can someone's big breast be life threatening? cheesy
Re: Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession by iice(f): 7:04pm On Sep 12, 2006
LOL nevermind me lol, i read your earlier posts as = she did lose weight, she went under the knife
Translated in my head as in she did lipo lol. . .be like say na naptime, brain don dey leak grin grin grin
Re: Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession by Eastcoast(f): 9:11pm On Sep 12, 2006
Ha Ha grin cheesy grin cheesy Don't mind me either. Sometimes, i just come on and post without really reading what the other person wrote. Itz kinda like i'm rushing to post my own opinion and see what others have to say. wink cheesy
Re: Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession by iice(f): 2:00am On Sep 13, 2006
LOL wink wink
Re: Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession by dolliepie(f): 12:59pm On Sep 13, 2006
yeah nicole richie now looks like a skeleton,never knew until i saw her recently on tee-vee.well lets just say dats their own way of lookn so good and sexy.
Re: Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession by Eastcoast(f): 3:34pm On Sep 13, 2006
initially, when she started loosing weight, she became very fine. She even became a fashion icon in hollywood. Whatever she wore, instantly became a trend. But now, i think she is taking the whole weight thing way to far. A few weeks ago, she fainted while doing something and the ironic thing about her, is that she keeps exercising. whenever i see pictures of her, she is either jogging on the beach or doing something she isn't meant to be doing considering her health.
Re: Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 13, 2006
nicole richie na bonga-fish
well thank God she is not black because an average black man luvs her lady to at least be gifted in attack and defense areas

i just wonder how man take dey hold her

una sure say the girl no dey suffer from AIDS
Re: Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession by Panache(m): 7:14pm On Sep 13, 2006
End of Story: Skinny models banned from catwalk:

MADRID, Spain (Reuters) -- The world's first ban on overly thin models at a top-level fashion show in Madrid has caused outrage among modeling agencies and raised the prospect of restrictions at other venues.

Madrid's fashion week has turned away underweight models after protests that girls and young women were trying to copy their rail-thin looks and developing eating disorders.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/09/13/spain.models/index.html
Re: Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession by iice(f): 7:22pm On Sep 13, 2006
Yeah i just saw that on cnn. . .lets see how much effect that would be
Re: Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession by kike001(f): 12:34pm On Sep 14, 2006
actually i think all dat weight obbseion is gonna stop now cuz dey gonna be mesuring there bmi n i think we gonna b seein gud celebrity now not skinny fishes
grin
Re: Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession by PTBNaija(f): 9:22pm On Sep 15, 2006
nicole richie na bonga-fish
well thank God she is not black because an average black man luvs her lady to at least be gifted in attack and defense areas

Well, actually, isn't Nicole Richie half-black? I mean I know she's adopted and all, but that girl is part black.
Re: Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession by dolliepie(f): 9:34pm On Sep 15, 2006
she was adopted ? but i tho lionel richie was his biological father.dtas so good of him.
i wanna adopt a kid someday too u no, all things being equal,been prayn all bout it.
Re: Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession by iice(f): 5:37am On Sep 16, 2006
yeah i think she is part black.
Re: Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession by diyobdw(f): 6:37pm On Sep 18, 2006
iice:

under the knife ke? she only did breast reduction and worked out a bit but she's still they sexy mama she always was. Mennn nicole richie is something else o. she looks like a lollipop
am wit you on that.I love that woman! cheesy

I still believe a big is lovely but not when you are out of shape-Cant be a skiny chic lai lai.
May be fit not slim!
Re: Celebrities And Weight Loss Obsession by zigbo(f): 1:45pm On Aug 15, 2007
PTBNaija:

Well, actually, isn't Nicole Richie half-black? I mean I know she's adopted and all, but that girl is part black.

sorry to activate this thread unnecessarily bu' nicole richie is full white , . . . thx

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Between Stephenie Okereke And Linus Idahosa Stalled. / Nollywood Actress/producer Mercy Aigbe Acquires Her First Major Car / Is Jackie Chan Really Dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.