Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,171 members, 7,860,202 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:45 AM

How Can I Disable A Vista Feature So As To Install Incompatible Application - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Disable A Vista Feature So As To Install Incompatible Application (776 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / How Can I Disable THE Pop-up Blocker ON MY COMPUTER / How Do I Disable Or Bypass My ISP Firewall? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Disable A Vista Feature So As To Install Incompatible Application by vincey(m): 1:50pm On Oct 05, 2008
HI house,

Important to us all,

Where can i disable some features in Vista so i can install some incompatible application or software.?
Re: How Can I Disable A Vista Feature So As To Install Incompatible Application by xprofile: 4:07pm On Oct 06, 2008
am afraid you can't. except you wnat to go deep down to the registry, which will cause a lot of problem,  so don't
Now let me explain smtin to you about this vista stuff,
but first i no it is just the looks u r lookin at right?

Vista has just the looks(which is very kool) but xp is better of to use and user friendly,
but vista is not compatible to so many software you can think of,
and if you format now you will loose all the drive of that system even if you backup the driver and format to xp it won't be compatible anymore except you now start downloadin the xp version of the driver,
so i will advice to do formatting to XP then get what we call VISTA TP(google it and download  because it will give you that look of vista),
so if u still want that vista looks while using xp go for dat software,
any questions am there wink
bigamos4real@yahoo.com
Re: How Can I Disable A Vista Feature So As To Install Incompatible Application by DualCore1: 4:33pm On Oct 06, 2008
vincey:

HI house,

Important to us all,

Where can i disable some features in Vista so i can install some incompatible application or software.?
be specific, what applications are you talking about?
most applications now have hotfixes and patches for vista.
Re: How Can I Disable A Vista Feature So As To Install Incompatible Application by xprofile: 9:46pm On Oct 06, 2008
you can get the software from microsoft site
smiley
Re: How Can I Disable A Vista Feature So As To Install Incompatible Application by Maleeq(m): 10:55pm On Oct 06, 2008
@vincey

Just like Dual Core said, be specific about the application you want to run.

Besides, Vista has a compatibility mode that allows applications designed for earlier versions of Windows run. (Though not 100% guaranteed to work for all applications).

Check this link for more information about this.
Re: How Can I Disable A Vista Feature So As To Install Incompatible Application by uspry1(f): 2:58pm On Oct 07, 2008
Check your Windows Vista Compatibility to find out which older hardware and older software(Windows 98/XP) are acceptable on Windows Vista at below link:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/
Re: How Can I Disable A Vista Feature So As To Install Incompatible Application by xprofile: 1:11am On Oct 09, 2008
DOWNLOAD VISTA INSPIRAT

http://www.soft32.com/Download/Free/Vista_Inspirat_BricoPack_Ultimate/4-123571-1.html

it gives your xp vista looks
wink
bigamos4real@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Avast 4.8(home Edition) Problem / System Makes Continuos: / Do You Want To Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.