Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,834 members, 7,813,786 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Suzuki Power Bike VS Volkswagen Golf 3 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Suzuki Power Bike VS Volkswagen Golf 3 (785 Views)

Sparkling Tokunbo 2003 Suzuki XL-7 4wd...price: N1m / Mazda 626 Vs Volkswagen Golf / Price Of A Fairly Used Power Bike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suzuki Power Bike VS Volkswagen Golf 3 by islovehard: 5:55pm On Jun 30, 2014
Hey Guys,

I am 25years Old and single. I just started work about a year ago and I think its about time I got my first automobile. I thought I saved enough for a mazda 6 or Toyota corrolla but I was shocked to find out that both cars cost above a million naira. My budget cant cover this so recently, I started thinking of going for a power bike instead.

I work on the island and live on the mainland. My job also requires me to wear a suit and tie. Although my company policy doesnt refrain me from getting a power bike, colleagues have argued that it looks unprofessional. I am not a marketer. I dont go out to meet clients and even if I do, we have staff cars I can use as nobody uses their personal automobile for office runz. I would simply ride it to work and back as well as weekends (although wearing a suit and helmet). I also think it would be the safest bet to beat the 3rd mainland trafic daily.

The VW Golf is a small and feminine car and I really havent seen myself riding it. I was advised by colleagues to get one since it is cheap and within my budget. That I can give it to my wife/fiancee/girlfriend when I buy a bigger car. I really want the power bike the more I reasearch into it though.

I need advice on which one to go for. Cost of maintainance, which one girls dig, suitability, durability, second hand value etc should all be taken into consideration.

Thanks.
Re: Suzuki Power Bike VS Volkswagen Golf 3 by Lovetinz(m): 8:08pm On Jun 30, 2014
Re: Suzuki Power Bike VS Volkswagen Golf 3 by Raikishi(m): 4:26pm On Jul 01, 2014
Have you considered the rain, talking about the mainland and all the other jara means you stay in lagos. I have owned 2 powerbikes and while i understand the appeal I would like to remind you that riding a bike to work opens you up to the elements. Also a car opens up the possibility for other things as well. Presentation and packaging for business, shopping on weekends, hanging out with friends, picnics with the basket and other abuna....
Consider buying a used car, some naija used cars are actually good for the money.

NB: Next time ask this question in the appropriate section too!!! Good luck bro
Re: Suzuki Power Bike VS Volkswagen Golf 3 by TCD: 9:43pm On Jul 01, 2014
how much is your budget so we can advice u accordingly in alternatives u can get

(1) (Reply)

FG Automotive Policy Finally Implemented. / Help Me Choose A Bike / New Arriver A Supper Clean Black 2006 Toyota Corolla Pls Call 08147243091

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.