Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,228 members, 7,822,182 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi (33806 Views)

Fifa Admits Bronze Boot Error, Chukwueze Not Nwakali Winner / Vincent Enyeama , Wife And Daughter In New Lovely Photo / IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 30, 2014
Stephen Keshi believes that Vincent Enyeama cost Nigeria their World Cup progress with his blunder in their 2-0 last-16 defeat by France on Monday.

The goalkeeper pulled off some fine saves to keep Les Bleus at bay but made a fatal error with 11 minutes left, failing to clear a corner which allowed Paul Pogba to put Didier Deschamps's men into the lead.

Joseph Yobo, on his 100th cap, scored an own goal in the last minute as the Super Eagles failed in their goal to reach the World Cup quarter-finals for the first time in their history.

Keshi admitted that Enyeama's error had handed the game to France and hinted that some of his players had taken their eye off the ball.

"Enyeama had to make a decision and I don't know why he went for it like that," he told reporters. "It's his call and it cost us. It was a big moment.

"I don't know why African teams don't go further. If I were out there on the pitch, I would never want to go home. Probably some of the players are not focused enough. We will have to review this."

Keshi also admitted that recent behind-the-scenes protests over Nigeria's World Cup bonuses had been down to "cultural issues", with fellow African nations Ghana and Cameroon also seeing their players go head-to-head with football associations over post-tournament pay-outs.
Source: http://m.goal.com/x/en-gb/news/4926770

1 Like

Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by nathanD: 10:56pm On Jun 30, 2014
Thunder fire dat ur pot belle keshi 4 pointn accusing finger on d only nigerian player on d field.u beta retire nd pack ur stupid idealistic players along #mikel#yobo

110 Likes

Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by dulaman: 11:03pm On Jun 30, 2014
I said it. the ball was to far for him to go out for it, if at all why not punch it out with power. abi na the save wey him do shack am.

18 Likes

Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by Marksule(m): 11:44pm On Jun 30, 2014
hmmm DRAMA UPON DRAMA
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by jaykaylegend(m): 11:45pm On Jun 30, 2014
I wouldnt say its not true, cos he basically gave the ball to pogba to nod in, he shouldnt have come out to punch the ball he should have let the defenders do their job... Bt not withstanding great saves from enyeama in this world cup

8 Likes

Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by Nasri100(m): 11:45pm On Jun 30, 2014
Review what? He's gone. Great guy ! sad

1 Like

Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by Archmed(m): 11:46pm On Jun 30, 2014
booked..to comment 2moro...gudnyt
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by Nasri100(m): 11:46pm On Jun 30, 2014
jaykaylegend: .

I catch you!
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by psychologist(m): 11:46pm On Jun 30, 2014
angry angry angry
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by Monimatic(m): 11:46pm On Jun 30, 2014
the blame game begins...

34 Likes

Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by cheguevera: 11:46pm On Jun 30, 2014
TRUEEEEEEEEE

4 Likes

Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by psychologist(m): 11:46pm On Jun 30, 2014
Monimatic: l
busted grin
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by bigemmmybig(m): 11:46pm On Jun 30, 2014
well shit happens
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by kobonaire(m): 11:47pm On Jun 30, 2014
Coach Keshi. SHAME ON YOU for singling out a player like that. Do you know that Enyeama is one of the bright spots of the Super Eagles at Brazil. Arguably their best player too. Yes, he made a mistake with that first goal but there were a good 10 minutes after that. What did the other players do in those 10 minutes? What did you do coach? From what I could see you were looking in awe at the French team instead of trying to encourage our boys or make a tactical change.
Now please apologize to Vincent in private for making him your scape goat. The team failed as a unit and you are the leader of that unit, so accept responsibility. When SE won AFCON in 2013, you were quite fast in absorbing all the kudos, now be a man and do the same as a leader of our beloved super eagles.
Vincent Enyeama and the boys that played well - THANK YOU!

129 Likes

Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jun 30, 2014
dulaman: I said it. the ball was to far for him to go out for it, if at all why not punch it out with power. abi na the save wey him do shack am.
u are as dull as ur name!!!

43 Likes

Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by Hardheolar(m): 11:48pm On Jun 30, 2014
datz wat he his gud at. will always find someone to shift d blame on

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by enomakos(m): 11:48pm On Jun 30, 2014
abeg leave vincent alone

is he the reason we could't score?

41 Likes

Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by mykemiley(f): 11:49pm On Jun 30, 2014
Ok na
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by sulmeza(m): 11:49pm On Jun 30, 2014
Keshi na useless coach...who's suposd 2 be backin enyeama,if nt him..so nw he's pinnin al d blames on him?..i pity d guy

18 Likes

Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by Prowizy2(m): 11:49pm On Jun 30, 2014
Super Eagles this. . Super eagles that. . Abeg make person see front. . . . angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by Izontubo(m): 11:50pm On Jun 30, 2014
grin grin grin grin..........make keshi take time ooo....

1 Like

Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by yomip3t(m): 11:50pm On Jun 30, 2014
WELL THAT SO TRUE BUT WE CAN'T BLAME HIM WHEN WE HAVE DEFENDERS ALSO. WHERE WERE OUR DEFENDERS WHEN POGBA WAS STANDING THERE ALONE ?

3 Likes

Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by jaykaylegend(m): 11:50pm On Jun 30, 2014
Nasri100:

I catch you!
wink
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by faheez(m): 11:50pm On Jun 30, 2014
Kinda right
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by hensben(m): 11:50pm On Jun 30, 2014
as the coach of the team, he is not suppose to point finger.
btw, enyeama is our best player in this tournament.

30 Likes

Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by enitanpopoola(m): 11:50pm On Jun 30, 2014
Keshi is simply confused!

17 Likes

Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jun 30, 2014
Keshi ought to be kissing whatever floor Eyeama walks on, instead of bashing him.

26 Likes

Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by Z8(m): 11:52pm On Jun 30, 2014
To me Enyeama saved a lot of definite goals. But how he handled that goal was a clear mistake. He should have punched it not. It wasn't a clearance it was like he just tapped it. cry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo Recovers Money Stolen From His Luggage In Russia - Read More / Drake And Anthony Joshua Took A Photo Together And People Think Drake Is Cursed / Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.