Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Fifa Should Be Structured To Treat All Continents Equally - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Should Be Structured To Treat All Continents Equally (1101 Views)

A Racist Verdict FIFA Should Learn From / FIFA Should Scrap 3rd Place And 4th Place Game In The World Cup? / Fifa Should Disband Nff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fifa Should Be Structured To Treat All Continents Equally by Drfash(f): 10:06am On Jul 01, 2014
In the wake of recent development during dis world cup, fifa has shown to rate high european football above football in other continents thus protecting their players nd nt taking severe disciplinary actions against european players.
1. The suarez case: am nt a fan of liverpool or luis suarez. I admitted dat wat luis did was bad but such ban was too excessive for a player who admitted his wrong doing. Yes if suarez was african he wud av bn given more lengthy ban buh lets look at it 4rm anoda point of view if suarez was european am sure such ban wudnt av so lengthy. Look at wat zidane did during that world cup final though he was sent off buh the sanctions for such offence if zidane was nt european wud av bn more dan wat suarez recieved, another look at the pepe headbutt against thomas muller even dis pepe was saying he didnt deserve a red yet fifa didnt give him any discipline apart 4rm d normal red card suspension, in my opinion if pepe was nt european or if suarez sud do such for muller den he wud av bn banned 4rm playing football for lyf. Another look at our dear arsenal oliver giroud elbow going into mikel's mouth, i wudnt forget he did same for an ecuador defender buh fifa wud claim dey didnt see the replay of the action if suarez did dis or any non european player am sure his ban wud av equalled dat of suarez, even an harsh tackle by bliase matuidi on onazi wud av bn the topic of the day if the tackle was made by a non european player
2. In my second view of fifa sharing the world cup slots i av an opinion dat the slots sud be share equally among the continents nt dat the europeans av cant 30% of the slots thereby giving dem so much advantage of an european country winning the world cup. In my opinion what fifa sud be re structured and re organized to treat all races equally nd every offence on the field of play sud be treated equally nd nt succumbing to the european press
thanks
Re: Fifa Should Be Structured To Treat All Continents Equally by myads890(m): 10:35am On Jul 01, 2014
We are all equal in the eyes of God. That doesn't mean we're all equal
Re: Fifa Should Be Structured To Treat All Continents Equally by Drfash(f): 11:12am On Jul 01, 2014
Them fifa sud listen to our plea
Re: Fifa Should Be Structured To Treat All Continents Equally by abatically(m): 11:43am On Jul 01, 2014
Drfash: The suarez case: am nt a fan of liverpool or luis suarez. I admitted dat wat luis did was bad but such ban was too excessive for a player who admitted his wrong doing.

Your point is baseless. Suarez never admitted he was wrong. He only admitted and apologized yesterday after the judgement was already given. He claimed he lost his balance and he cheek (not teeth) touched chiellini and he fell and felt pain on his teeth. He NEVER ADMITTED HE BIT CHIELLINI. It was very obvious he bit him.. also don't forget its not his first, not his second but the 3rd time. Let me ask u, if u are sentenced to 2 years in jail for robbing a bank, then u come out and still rob another bank and sentenced to 4 years. Do u think u will get 4 years if u rob a bank the 3rd time? Hell no, u will definitely serve a longer term if u keep committing the same offence. Fifa is fair enough on Suarez, if u ask me I will say the ban should be longer because this is someone who doesn't want to learn, biting has no place in football.

Drfash: lets look at it 4rm anoda point of view if suarez was european am sure such ban wudnt av so lengthy. Look at wat zidane did during that world cup final though he was sent off buh the sanctions for such offence if zidane was nt european wud av bn more dan wat suarez recieved

Zidane was banned for 3 games and fined over $3,000. Suarez was banned for 7 games for his first bite, he was banned for 10 games for his second bite and then for 4 months for his 3rd bite. This has nothing to do with race. Do u want me to list European players that have received longer bans for u?

1. Eric Cantona: banned for 8 months for his kung fu kick on a Crystal Palace fan. He also did community service. He is French, not African.

2. Pepe: Served a 10 game ban in 2009 for his assault on Javier Casquero in 2009. He is Portuguese, not African.

3. Andrea Mutu: Banned for 7 months for failing drug test. He is Romanian, not African.

4. Joey Barton: banned for 12 games while he was in Manchester City for fighting with a fellow player. He is English, not African

5. Rio Ferdinand: banned for 8 months and fined 50,000 pounds for failing a drug test. He is English, not African

6. Paolo Di Canio: Banned for 11 matches in 1998 while playing for sheffield wednesday for pushing referee. He is Italian, not African

7. Roy Keane: Banned for 5 games while at manchester United. He is Irish, not African.

8. Vinnie Jones: Given 6 months ban and suspended for 3 years in 1992 for celebrating football violence on video. He is british, not African.

Do u need me to continue? We have this inferiority complex in Africa and when decision go against us, we blame authorities and call it cheating or racism, whereas we don't say anything when decision goes our way. E.g Dzeko's legitimate goal that was ruled off for offside against Nigeria.

Drfash: Another look at our dear arsenal oliver giroud elbow going into mikel's mouth, i wudnt forget he did same for an ecuador defender buh fifa wud claim dey didnt see the replay of the action if suarez did dis or any non european player am sure his ban wud av equalled dat of suarez, even an harsh tackle by bliase matuidi on onazi wud av bn the topic of the day if the tackle was made by a non european player

Seriously u should stop whinning already. Mistakes do happen in football, sometimes it goes ur way, sometimes it doesn't. it has been so and has nothing to do with being European or African.

Just take a look at this, do u also blame FIFA for sending off Song for a stewpid and senseless challenge?

You think FIFA has been fair to Europeans? how about Brazil's fake penalty against Croatia? Or is Brazil an European country?
You think FiFA has been unfair to Africans? What about 2 legitimate goals scored by Dos Santos against Cameroon that was wrongly ruled off for offside? What about Dzeko's goal against Nigeria? Abi u no see those ones because its in favor of Africa. Alex song got a red card and normal suspension for his stewpid elbow, if that was an european player u would be asking for a longer ban abi?

Drfash: In my second view of fifa sharing the world cup slots i av an opinion dat the slots sud be share equally among the continents

You know this is not yet possible, u are just whinning without knowing the criteria. African don't have a good functional league yet, u seriously do not want to see 10 african teams playing at the world cup. Gosh African football is so boring, its still developing. Initially it was 1 team, then they increased it to 3 teams and now 5 teams. As African football continue to develop, so will they get more slots but for now, 5 is ok. European countries on the other hand have developed their football and leagues, it is only normal to have more European and South American teams. truth be told they play better football anyway. No matter how much u think or try to believe.. we are not better than them.

I will give u a simple illustration. If Federal government wants to allocate security patrol vehicles in Lagos and Ogun State. The allocation for Lagos state would be higher than that for Ogun state irrespective of the fact that both are independent states on their own.

1 Like

Re: Fifa Should Be Structured To Treat All Continents Equally by abatically(m): 3:21pm On Jul 01, 2014
Drfash:
2. In my second view of fifa sharing the world cup slots i av an opinion dat the slots sud be share equally among the continents nt dat the europeans av cant 30% of the slots thereby giving dem so much advantage of an european country winning the world cup.
thanks

What about Asia that have 4 representatives. You seriously don't wanna be seeing India or Afghanistan in the world cup. The slots are shared according to the development of football in each continent. You can imagine top players like Ibrahimovich, Gareth Bale, Lewadowski not playing in the world cup. Which African player do we really miss in the world cup? This is to tell u our football is still very poor compared to Europe and South America.
Re: Fifa Should Be Structured To Treat All Continents Equally by Drfash(f): 9:05am On Jul 02, 2014
Re: Fifa Should Be Structured To Treat All Continents Equally by Drfash(f): 9:12am On Jul 02, 2014
http://m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4925218 guess this should buttress up my points

(1) (Reply)

/ African Soccer Star Yaya Toure, Stuns In African Attire (photo) / Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo: Is Brazilian Now World's Best Player?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.