Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Another Kanu Financial Woes, I Pray My Hero Will Scape Through This Dark Patches - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Another Kanu Financial Woes, I Pray My Hero Will Scape Through This Dark Patches (1265 Views)

Olamide Defines His Barber As A True Hero Of Black [photos] / I Pray My Daughters Don’t Have Husbands Like 2face—annie / Pictures Of Naomi Campbell With Shocking Bald Patches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Another Kanu Financial Woes, I Pray My Hero Will Scape Through This Dark Patches by kingandrew(m): 11:53pm On Oct 05, 2008
"SOCCER star Nwankwo Kanu was robbed of £6.4million by a crooked financial adviser, it was claimed yesterday.
The £45,000-a-week Portsmouth star is trying to avoid repossession of FIVE buy-to-let properties.
His money problems are detailed in court documents obtained by The Sun.
Kanu, 31, claims in a High Court writ he was swindled by an adviser from his native Nigeria.
The 42-year-old man – whose whereabouts are unknown – raided his accounts 56 times over a two-year period from December 2003.
The largest payment was £1.25million in October 2004.
Kanu claims the man told him the money was needed for legitimate commercial purposes.
Wife
The alleged conman’s wife is accused of helping in the fraud.
Kanu is demanding all his money, assets bought with the cash, and profits made by the couple.
He issued the writ in 2006 but it has never been made public before.
The couple deny wrongdoing and had until last January to lodge a defence but failed to do so.
No notice of discontinuance has been filed with the High Court, meaning the case is still active – although a lawyer for the business manager claims otherwise.
The couple have not been charged with a criminal offence.
Kanu is desperately trying to stop lenders seizing property including his £4million home in Barnet, North London.
He refused to comment."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/justice/article1063246.ece
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1033579.ece

(1) (Reply)

. / Nollywood Actor In Divorce Controversy / ‘i Might Move To New York’ – D’banj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.