Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics (36958 Views)

1.5 Million Candidates To Take JAMB, Cut-off Marks For 2016 Announced / Jamb Set Cut Off Points-180 Varsities, 160-polys, Coes / Jamb Cut Off Marks For Universities And Polytechnics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by Perfecter4real(m): 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2014
jaryeh: I don't get this Dibu's statistics. Was there any University applicant who didn't also apply for ND, NCE and the other degree? Someone who understands should pls explain to me o.
Good question pls we need answers.
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2014
Ask4bigneyo: Ok...

LAST BULLET: for those that love PS, right now m playing FIFA 2014, and i need a tip on which button to press if i want SUAREZ bite sumone.... Help a broda pls..!

#Funny,Really Funny.
LOL...press angle 0 and carpet without touching ur "Joystick Oº°˚˚°ºh"

PS: I mean Nairaland definition of "Joystick"
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by nellyzkid(m): 4:15pm On Jul 02, 2014
Thanks oo for the cut off mark I hope unizik will abide with it....!

Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by dgr8truth(m): 4:23pm On Jul 02, 2014
slimthugchimee: so oga common CLEVER wey you dey spell CLEAVER.

Chai i will say it again

I give it to you, you are clever. If not for auto-correct and lack of proof reading... All the same I pray for my grammar. No hard feeling.
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by ilorioluwaseun: 4:32pm On Jul 02, 2014
oau,unilag & ui still 200
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by Neldrizzy(m): 4:34pm On Jul 02, 2014
And una tink say UNIBEN go listen to this cramp!!!! If you no cross 200 no just near the gate..
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by biomedixexcel(m): 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2014
Not always true for some universities
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by kennosklint(m): 4:46pm On Jul 02, 2014
I'm a unizik student nd they cut 180 last year
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 02, 2014
jaryeh: I don't get this Dibu's statistics. Was there any University applicant who didn't also apply for ND, NCE and the other degree? Someone who understands should pls explain to me o.
I think its based on first choice (most preferred), 2nd (more preferred) n 3rd (preferred). Trust nig all will take university as 1st before any other n vry sure fed university will take 90% from dat number too.
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by 10kgod(m): 5:11pm On Jul 02, 2014
Mis-interpretation is in progress. Minimum for unis is 180, i.e unis must not go below dat 180. And for polytechnics and colleges, it's 150. Dat's they must not go below 150, if they like they may add to 180 and 150.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by Emmaomotob(m): 5:30pm On Jul 02, 2014
Slave mentality!!! sad
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by blogexpert12(m): 5:46pm On Jul 02, 2014
ok,we have heard

remember to check www.supergists.com for entertainment gists
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 02, 2014
vexy06: Federal Government Tuesday pegged the Joint Admission and Matriculations Board (JAMB) cut-off marks for 2014 admissions into Universities at 180, while Polytechnics and Colleges of Education(COE)were placed at 150 respectively.

The cut off points were arrived at on Tuesday, after the 5th Combined Policy meeting on admissions to tertiary institutions held at the National Universities Commission.

Supervising Minister of Education,Nyesom Wike who declared the meeting open frowned at the inability of most tertiary institutions to utilise their admission quota.

Wike however said in view of efforts to boost access, institutions which fail to utilise their admission quota for 2014 will be sanctioned.

He reiterated Federal Government’s commitment to the development of ICT training, which he said has already been inculcated as part of the standard curriculum at the secondary school level.

“I have been brief that despite the rising demand for higher education vis-a-vis the availability of a large number of qualified candidates,some institutions did not fully utilise the admissions quota approved for them by relevant regulatory agencies in 2013.

“This disservice to the Nigeria child is totally unacceptable,in line with efforts of the federal government to improve access,let me urge you all to with effect from today,work assiduously to ensure that all admission spaces in your institutions for the current year are fully utilized within the approved time frame,”he stated.

Registrar and Chief Executive of JAMB,Dibu Ojerinde in his presentation gave a statistical run down of candidates preference for tertiary education.

He said after the conduct of the 2014 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination(UTME) candidates who applied for degree awarding institutions or universities totalled 1,584,348 representing 97.070, NCE applicants totalled 25,767 representing 1.579, ND a paltry 22,072 representing 1.349 while NID had just 46 representing 0.003.

Ojerinde wondered while Nigeria’s educational system has consistently failed to embrace technical education in its quest for industrialization, saying the British which Nigeria copied the polytechnic education from now award degree in all its polytechnics.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/national-news/168872-jamb-pegs-varsities-cut-off-marks-at-180-poly-coes-at-150
I hope all OND/HND students/graduate can see the difference in cut-off mark, not later after graduating, they will be claiming equality with a BSc holder and won't stop complaining about the BSc/HND dichotomy. If u want to go to the university write JAMB and pass and not settle for less and blame GOVT at the end if u didn't get same treatment as those with BSc or get to the top eventually. A stitch in time....

1 Like

Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by Inkredible(m): 6:06pm On Jul 02, 2014
tony5002x: if you had read the terms and condition of this site you won't b asking dis question.....you will have freedom to post anywhere in this site after one week of reg...
Thanks. I appreciate.
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by Inkredible(m): 6:08pm On Jul 02, 2014
command01: same here. Just exercise some patience

alright. Someone said it will be corrected after a week pro registration.
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by megabyte2(f): 6:18pm On Jul 02, 2014
daniel michael: wat an holocaustical cataclysm and catastrophical mobocracy in d intuition phase of nigeria.educational sublunary and terrestrial quandaries dipletes by fuddy-duddy homosapiens whose faculties have bkom senile and puirile ad-infinitum.by cessation,nig has gone dwn 2 a 6ft 4rm d edge n they re tinkin dat mayb 6ft is so far dwn..unam
what is this one saying
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by Pr0ton: 7:26pm On Jul 02, 2014
Inkredible: Pls who knows wia I can logde a complaint in nairaland. M just re-registering after the attack n cannot comment on some posts in tech market sections. I don't know if it happens to anyone else. Pls help out.
It happened to me too.. But I later realized that during the early return of Nairaland, it was only in read-only mode€u can't comment, quote, report, like, hate etc... But later sha it returned 2 normal..And now I can do all dat.
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by Pr0ton: 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2014
ilorioluwaseun: oau,unilag & ui still 200
Whr u hear that
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by henry78okez(m): 7:35pm On Jul 02, 2014
Disparity or dichotomy in d poly and uni graduate wil Neva cease as long as there's is/are variations in this jamb cut-off mark issue. Nigeria copied polytechnic education system frm d British & yet, for a very long time now, British had converted all her polytechnics 2 degree awarding institutions which Nigeria can neva copy in her widest imagination becos of d neglect & decay in d educational system of d entire country. Honestly, it shows hw backward we are when it has 2 do wt transformation & development. It's really a shame when our graduates cannot compete globally in all ramification.
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by seydam21(m): 7:38pm On Jul 02, 2014
Always said every year perhaps, those stubborn universities wont accept
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by seydam21(m): 7:42pm On Jul 02, 2014
ilorioluwaseun: oau,unilag & ui still 200
Even FUTA won't accept that
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by Inkredible(m): 7:50pm On Jul 02, 2014
Pr0ton:
It happened to me too.. But I later realized that during the early return of Nairaland, it was only in read-only mode€u can't comment, quote, report, like, hate etc... But later sha it returned 2 normal..And now I can do all dat.
Thanks a lot.
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by Pr0ton: 7:57pm On Jul 02, 2014
Inkredible: Thanks a lot.
Don't mention
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by siinno(m): 8:14pm On Jul 02, 2014
Lil Donne: and ilorin @220
@uniben 240
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by myspnigeria: 8:24pm On Jul 02, 2014
education decadence.......sad
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by VantagePoint: 10:17pm On Jul 02, 2014
bizibrain: U sound mentally confused *smh*
How can one be MENTALLY confused?
One is confused, period!
Can one be PHYSICALLY, or otherwise, confused?
Stop inventing ridiculous grammar.
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by zurine(f): 10:47pm On Jul 02, 2014
hmm
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by zurine(f): 10:49pm On Jul 02, 2014
interesting
Re: JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics by leonard509(m): 11:29pm On Jul 02, 2014
this`ll make our students more unserious

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Outstanding Result In Waec: What Does It Mean And When Shall It Be Released? / Victory Yinka-Banjo Gets 19 Scholarship Offers Worth $5m From US And Canada / Michael Okpara University Agriculture Umudike Admission 2013/2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.