Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... (5152 Views)

Get The Art Of Seduction,the 48 Laws Of Power,the 50th Law on konga / <<THE UNDERCOVER AGENT¤¤Part 1 & 2>> / TEENAGE LOVE Naivety¤¤¤¤part 1 & 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by D9ty7(m): 4:49am On Jul 02, 2014
All rights reserved, no part of this publication should be reproduce either in written or photocopy medium without the prior written approval from the writer and the moderators of the literature section. You can contact the author via durodola9ty7@ gmail.com or +2348166920449 on whatsapp.
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by D9ty7(m): 4:53am On Jul 02, 2014
PROLOGUE
- A black limousine pulled up in front of Mag.oltin shopping mall, a chauffer came out and opened the door of the owners corner. A young man in his mid twenties alighted and walked into the shopping with the chauffer closely behind him.
- "Mummy I am off to the beach, you know it's my friends birthday and I need to be part of the fun." Nadia said to her mother who wassitting down comfortably in her well furnished office which stood on the west wing of Mag.oltin shopping mall, the largest shopping mall in West Africa and the joint second largest in the whole of Africa.
"No problem. Just make sure you stay in the shallow part of the beach and come back on time." Magret Oltin the CEO of Mag.oltin shopping mall adviced her daughter, Nadia.
"Thank you mummy." She said as she ran out of the office in excitement.
- "Ow! Am very sorry." She screamed as she bumped into a young man who was obviously doing some shopping.
"Oh my God! Can't you see properly or are you wearing a veil?" Raymond said angrily.
"I said am sorry." Nadia said as she bent down to assist the chauffer in picking up Raymon's cell phone.
"Learn to look at your front next time." Raymond adviced.
Nadia ignored him and walked out of the shopping mall.
- "Rukiat, take this is the key to the car you requested for." Major Gen. Anderson said to his only daughter as he handed a car key to her.
"Waoh! Thank you daddy. I love you so much." she said as she hugged her father tightly.
"Anything for you my princess." He replied.
Rukiat ran down the stairs into the garrage where a brand new Range rover sport 2014 model stood before her.
She unlocked the door and entered the car.
"I love you daddy." She muttered as she switched on the ignition.
- "Secretary, how much did you say the estate will cost us?" John Oltin, a business tycoon also a billionaire asked his secretary.
"Seventy Million naira sir." the secretary replied.
"Okay go to the account department with this and work on it." John ordered his secretary who collected a memo sheet on which eighty million naira withdrawal was stated.
- "Raymond, where are you?" Chief David Meyler a business tycoon, also a billionaire asked over the phone.
"Dad, am just coming back from Mag.oltin."
"Come back here quickly, we have a deal." Cheif Meyler ordered.
--to be continued--
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by D9ty7(m): 4:55am On Jul 02, 2014
Though its not a play/drama. But reading through the first two chapters of the story is like reading chineese. Many xters are introduced earlier on into the play. So I'll like to take you through the rundown of the characters in the story.
- Chief David Meyer-> A business tycoon, also a billionaire.
- Rose Meyler-> His wife.
- Raymond Meyler-> Their only son.
- Chief John Oltin-> Ex-business pertner of Meyler, also a billionaire.
- Magaret Oltin-> His wife(CEO Mag.oltin shopping mall).
- Majid Oltin-> Their first son(Overseeing his father's company abroad).
- Nadia Oltin- Their daughter.
- Major. Gen Andeson-> The head of the Nigerian Millitary(A widower).
- Rukiat-> His only daughter.
- Teju & Tina-> Rukiat's friends.
- Titi-> John Oltin's secretary working undercover as a mole for David Meyer.
- Desmond & Maryam-> Rukiat's coursemates in the university.
- Sall-> Oltin's bodyguard.
- Thomas-> Meyer's chief security officer.
More to come as the story progresses.
......The first chapter is coming in a bit.
Stay tuned.
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:58am On Jul 02, 2014
first to comment again ... mawnin boss!
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by D9ty7(m): 5:00am On Jul 02, 2014
CHAPTER 1
Inside Chief Oltin's office.
"tell me Titi have you gotten a new job?" Chief Oltin asked.
"Not at all sir." she replied.
"So why are you playing with your job. I expected more from you but your overall performance was not up to par." He informed.
She kept quiet and waited for him to continue.
"I thought you said me we were the only one bidding for the estate. So how come we lost the deal?" He asked.
"I was very suprised too because when I got the reply for our bid, I learnt there are no competitors for the business." Titi replied.
"Fine, so how come the eventual winner of the deal knew we bidded seventy million?" He asked.
"That I don't know o." She replied.
"Who is the highest bidder? Who was able to pay above seventy million naira?" He asked.
"Meyler group of companies." She replied.
"Mey... What!?" He said hitting his fist on the table angrily.
"Meyler? Again?"
Titi kept quiet and was looking at her boss.
"But why is it that Meyler is always there to stall all my business aspirations? This is the third time he is blocking me in two months." Oltin lamented.
The reason for their rivalry was not far fetched. Meyler was formerly an ex-business associated with Oltin but along the line, Oltin overtook Meyler and accepted a contract from the British government. They had vowed to make each other pay for it. But Meyler seems to be playing his cards well as he had defeated Oltin three consecutive times. The first time being a bid to become a crude oil distributor, but Meyler won the case based on the fact that he was well connected with the peopla in government. The incubent Vice president was Maeyler's friend. The second defeat came when the Oltin was approached by the chinese government over a joint establishment of a car company in Nigeria, but Meyler went ahead and sealed the deal even before the letter could reach Oltin and now the estate business.
"You can go." He dismissed her with a wave of hand.
"Get Sall for me." He ordered her retreating figure.
Sall was the head of his security(Body guards/thugs) who had been working with him for the past fifteen years.
-------------------
Raymond was seated in a corner inside a popular club house known as TroPPY vip spot. His table was filled with drings and assorted dishes ranging from peper soup, both beef and chicken, barbeceu and many more.
Suddenly his eyes caught something of interest.
"This opportunity no go pass me by." He muttered to himself as he walked towards a very beautiful lady who sat at the other end of the room vertically opposite his seat.
As he appproached the lady, his heartbeat began beating real hard and faster than normal. But he waved it aside like he wasn't nervous. "There is no going back."
"It would be a very great honour if i am opporrtuned to sit with a beauty like you." He began.
The lady ignored him and at that time intensified her rate of concentration on her phone. It seems like she was pinging.
He felt defeated but he won't give up. Then he tried another approach.
"Hello." he said.
"Hi." She replied after ten seconds.
"Is this seat taken?" he asked.
"Why this seat of all empty seats around here?" She asked typical of a normal Nigerian answering a question with another question.
"It is because i want to grab the opportunity of sittng with a beauty like you." He replied.
She smile for the first time since the begining of their conversation. He used that opportunity to look at her features. Mere looking at her while sitting down, she should be about 5ft'6' tall, moderate shape, moderate burst, fair in complexion. She was a beauty to behold.
"You are most welcomed." She said pointing to an empty seat in front of her.
"Thank you." He replied as he sat down.
"My name is Raymond Meyler, the son of the famous billionaire. May i know your name?"
"Before then why aren't you taking anything?" He asked further. "Barman." He beckoned on the man in charge of seving foods and drinks.
"No don't bother." She cautioned.
"Hey relax, the bill is on me." He assured.
--to be continued--
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by D9ty7(m): 5:03am On Jul 02, 2014
--continuation--
Rukiat was seated in the sitting room with two of her friends. They were chatting happily.
"Ruki, did you know that Desmond and Maryam broke up?" Tina, one of her friends asked.
"Really? What happened between them?" Rukiat asked.
"Maryam caught him making out with Aishat." Tina replied.
"Aishat? Which of the Aishats?" She asked.
"How many Aishat do you know, Maryam's cousin of course." Teju, her other friend replied.
"So Desmond is a player? Going out with two cousins. Thank God I didn't give in for him." Rukiat replied.
"You mean Desmond asked you out?" Tina asked.
"Yes, during our second year." Ruki replied.
"And you didn't tell us about it." Teju feigned anger.
"Sorry babes, I just felt like handling it on my own." Rukiat replied as she patted Teju on her back.
"Oya tell us about it." Tina requested.
"That's a story for another day." Rukiat replied.
"I'll surely remind you." Tina said.
Rukiat stood up and walked towards the kitchen.
"Babes, where are you going?" Teju asked.
"I've got a date." She replied.
The three ladies bursted into laughter.
"Is it because the poor girl suffered an heartbreak? It's not good o." Teju said in a mockery tone.
"What a pity Maryam can no longer go out on dates again, she is now reeling in pains." Rukiat said as she ran into her room leaving the other ladies laughing.
---FIVE MINUTES LATER----
There was a horn outside the gate and after a few seconds a black mercedez benz G-class with a customised plated 'Nigerian Army'.
"Yo! My Dad is back." Rukiat screamed as she ran towards the door that led to the garrage.
"Daddy's girl." Her friends mocked.
-----------------------
"Sall, I want you and your boys to attack Meyler's convoy. Don't get me wrong, no bloodshed. It should be neat and leave without leaving a trace." Oltin commanded.
"Alright sir, you know i'll always carry out what you want to your utmost satisfaction." Sall replied.
"Sall." Oltin called.
"Yes sir." He replied.
"I repeat, no trace." Oltin hammered on the word 'trace'.
"Definitely sir." He replied.
----------------------
--continuation--
Raymond Meyler stood up to leave the club after having a very imteresting night with Nadia Oltin.
"So may I at least know your name, now that I can't be called a stranger anymore." Raymond said to Nadia as he was leaving.
Nadia stopped for some seconds to check out the self-acclaimed Raymond Meyler who stood 6ft'7', well built and muscular, he had a full red lips. He is a little bit fair in complexion, what most people call chocolate complexion. He has a very low haircut, originally he looks like an old Nigerian footballer, Sunday Oliseh.
"My name is Nadia." she replied.
"Nadia?" He asked to be sure.
"Yes, Nadia Oltin." She replied and walked out of the club before he could aske another question.
"This can not be Oltin's daughter, she must be an impersonator." He thought to himself as he walked outside.
Nadia was just entering a white Mercedez benz G-55 in between two security cars.
"She must be Oltin's daughter." Raymond said to himself as he pressed the unlock button on his remote car key. He walked towards his car, opened the door, hopped in. He started the ignition.
It was some minutes past the hour of Seven in the evening.
-------------------
Chief David Meyler was seated in his study when his phone ranged. It was Thomas, his chief security officer. He picked the call and activated the speaker mode.
"Hello Thom." Meyler greeted.
"Sir, we just survived an attack." Thomas replied.
"Attack? Where? How?" He asked.
"Along Tryny expressway our tyre was shot." Thomas replied.
"Which of the cars?" Meyler asked.
"The Nissan." Thomas replied.
"I'll get back at you. Keep searching for the culprit." He said and hung up.
He picked up a second phone on the table, punched in some digits.
"Hello Titi, thank you for saving my life. My convoy just got attacked." Meyler said immediately Titi picked his call.
"Anything for you sir." Titi replied.
"I'll have one million naira wired into your account to recharge you phone. Once again thank you." He said.
"You're welcome sir." She replied and the line went dead.
"Oltin is playing with fire. One last chance." Meyler said to himself as he pressed a red button just below the table.
A man in his early thirties dressed in white apron appeared.
"Get me something hot to drink." He ordered as he dismissed the man by mere wave of hand.
--to be continued--
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by D9ty7(m): 5:08am On Jul 02, 2014
--continuation-
Chief Oltin was seated with his wife Magaret in his well furnished sitting room, well decorated and painted with nice colours blended with the white walls and pillars made from Italian marbles. The window curtains are mouth watering. The colour of the chairs went rightly in line with the colour of the wall. Truely it was a professional interior decorator that did these wonders.
"I spoke with my son this evening, he said he'll be home in two weeks time." Oltin informed his beautiful wife Magaret who was already in her mid fifties but would be mistaken for a woman in her early forties. She is always looking beautiful in anything she goes for, as in her choice of cloth, provided she has her spectacle on.
"I can't wait to see my son after almost a year." She replied.
"We'll make a review of how we can redeem our lost foriegn partners." Oltin replied his wife.
Thats one thing about him, he always go off point when talking about issues that are not relating to business.
"Darling." She called.
"Yes." He replied.
"Don't you think it is high time Majid settle down to build his home. You seem to have affected his social life with business. Give him a year break so he can find a lady to get married to." She complained.
"I do talk to him about marriage and he has promised to work on it. Moreso, he is not complaining." He replied.
"How will he complain? You know he won't want to get you angry." She replied.
"Forget it, we need to first make money before any other thing." Oltin said and paused for some seconds.
"But....." she argued.
"No buts." he cut her short.
Magaret resigned to faith knowing the kind of husband she has, you can't defeat him when it comes to oral argument. That's a basic reason why his workers don't bring new innovations for the development of his business empire because they knew he'll always find faults.
"Darling, did you know I lost the estate I bidded for a few weeks ago." He informes his wife.
"Ow!" She gasped.
Just then Nadia, the only beautiful daughter of Chief and Mrs Oltin walked into the sitting room looking beautiful as usual.
"Hello dad, hello mum." She said as she went give her mum a hug and pecked her father.
She noticed a change in her mother's countenance.
"Mum! Are you jealous?" She asked.
"Why will I be jealous." she replied.
"Don't be, no one not snatching your husband from you." She mocked her mother as she sat down beside her father.
"Naughty girl." Magaret retorted. As the two women in the sitting room bursted into laughter. Oltin who seems to get along with their joke smiled.
"So darling, what about the estate business?" She asked her husband with a straight face to show how serious she is.
Oltin considered his options for a few seconds.
"Excuse us darling." He said to his daughter who was already expecting that.
"I know it, when it comes to talking business, you always treat me as an outsider." She said angrily as she picked up her bag and walked away angrily.
--to be continued--
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by D9ty7(m): 5:11am On Jul 02, 2014
--continuation--
"We tabled a bid of Seventy million naira for the acquisition of the estate but Meyler went ahead to pay a whopping sum of ninety million." He explained to his wife who listened to him attentively.
"Don't you think there is a mole somewhere?" His wife asked.
"A mole? How do you mean?" He asked.
"Fine. With your explanations, all your dealings are kept secret between the board members right?" She asked.
"Yes. I have some set of people who does review before we make businesses." He replied.
"And Meyler knew you made a bid of seventy million naire? So how come? Its either someone from your camp is the mole or someone from the estate agancy." She replied.
"There is no mole in my camp. My workers are working with the fear of God, there is this ethics between them all. You don't breathe a word concerning Olts group of companies to anyone outside the company," he tried defending his employees.
"Do you monitor them outside office? No you don't. So, don't tell me all your workers are trustworthy." She snapped.
"My employees can't do such. But I promise to nail down Meyler in such a way that he won't like it." he bragged.
"Darling its better you don't try such. Rmember how dangerous Meyler is. He introduced you to this business, so you can never defeat him in this aspect." She adviced.
"Can we talk about another thing please?"
Magaret stood up and walked to the kitchen.
---------------------
Chief Meyler walked out of his study. Raymond was seated on the couch watching the world economic summit being held in Netherlands.
"Which event is this?" He asked his son.
"Its the world economic summit." Raymond replied.
"Oh! I see. Who is representing Nigeria?" He asked further.
"The Vice president sir." He replied.
"And he promised to see me on friday in Abuja." He said.
"Maybe he'll be back before friday." Raymond assured.
"In two weeks time, you'll be travelling to Belgium for two months training course. So that you'll return to head all my business empire." Meyler said to his son.
He looked at his father suprisingly.
"But dad, you didn't tell me this before." he argued.
"It is a suprise." He replied his son and walked out on him.
"Which means I'll be unable to see Nadia for those two months. No, I must look for her." He said to himself as he logged on to facebook via his Iphone 5.
END OF CHAPTER 1
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by D9ty7(m): 5:13am On Jul 02, 2014
CHAPTER 2
Raymond was seated in the departures lounge of the Murtala Muhammed international airport, Ikeja. He was chatting on his iphone 5. Then his flight was announced.
He stood up and walked towards the airfield. He bumped into Nadia.
"Hi." She said.
"Hello, how are you doing?" He asked.
"Am good and you?" She replied.
"Am fine." He answered.
"What are you doing here?" She asked.
"Am heading to Belgium and you?" He replied.
"Am here to pick my brother." She answered.
"Can I have your digit?" He asked.
"Okay." She replied as she collected his phone and punched in her number.
"Thanks, i'll see you later." He
said as he pocketed his phone and walked away.
Nadia walked back to the common room.
---------------------
"hello Sir." Major Anderson said as he picked the ringing telephone on his table.
"Anderson, we need to see. Are you free tomorrow during lunch?" Meyler asked.
"Sir, I'll be in a meeting at lunch with the chief of army staff." He replied.
"So how do we do it now?" Meyler asked.
"I'll come and see you tonight." Anderson replied.
"Actually, I need your help on somethings." Meyler informed.
"What is that?" He asked.
"Its basically about personal security. But when we meet we'll talk better." Meyler informed and cut the call.
-to be continued--
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by D9ty7(m): 5:16am On Jul 02, 2014
I'll continue later in the day when I must have charged my phone.... Data loss no try o...
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:21am On Jul 02, 2014
D9ty7: I'll continue later in the day when I must have charged my phone.... Data loss no try o...
U neva edit am? Like spacing and paragraphing updates. .
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by kinxlink(m): 7:45am On Jul 02, 2014
AYAM FOLLOWING
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by JigsawKillah(m): 12:27pm On Jul 02, 2014
Damn Seun!
Still I Follow

SAW
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by PrinceAdepoju(m): 2:09pm On Jul 02, 2014
#patiently waiting#
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by trusted(m): 2:20pm On Jul 02, 2014
cheesy Weldone boss! So we go start from begining again? Haa na wa o. Hope u sha recorver all the story. But why not re-update the last update and continue from there? Just an opinion o.
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by Darus05(m): 7:35pm On Jul 02, 2014
Following.....my oga again!
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by D9ty7(m): 11:21pm On Jul 02, 2014
--continuation--
Venue: Rayl victoria park.
Fleet of cars can be seen in the parking lot of the Rayl victoria park, a very popular event garden in Lagos state. Cars ranging from Range rover, Land cruiser, Mercedez G-class, Nissan murano and many more can be seen in the overcrowded parking lot and outside the event garden premises. The cars are plated with customized names or titles, such as, the governor, His royal majesty and many more.
It's not like there is a special function but the reason for the high number of cars is because, Chief John Oltin is hosting friends and family on a welcome party for his son, the heir to his properties, Majid Oltin who just returned from the United State of America where he was overseeing the affairs of his father's numerous companies abroad.
Inside the 1,500 seater garden, about 300 people can be counted as being present. The Vip seat was decorated and high profile politicians such as the state governor, the minister for Foriegn affairs who hails from Lagos state, Nigeria's high commissioner to Ghana to mention a few.
A very popular musician Emzypaz was performing live on the stage and people could be seen dancing. Even the elderly people are trying hard to match his rhythm coupled with his sweet melodious voice and a great rap punch lines.
Nadia walked out of the garden into the parking lot. She removed her phone and dialled a number.
"Hello, Raymond where are you?" She asked.
She waited for some seconds probably hearing what Raymond was saying.
"Please be fast the real event is about to start properly. Emzypaz is on stage." She said and ended the call.
Just then a golden coloured Buggati veyron just like that of the popular American rapper, Flo Rida drove into the parking lot.
A junior millitary officer came down from the passenger seat at the front. He opened the door to the owner's corner.
A man probably in his late fifties alighted with a young dark lady probably in her mid-twenties.
"Daddy, this place is kinda overcrowded." Rukiat told her father.
"Yes I know but we have to be here." Her father replied.
Both father and daughter walked into the garden hand in hand like lovers.
Nadia was carried away by the beauty of the dark lady and the way she comported herself in her yellow knee-length gown which brought out her shape perfectly.
Just then a black Limousine drove into the parking lot. The chauffer(a white man) alighted and opened the backseat door for two young men.
Raymond alighted first and another young guys who is an inch taller than Raymond also followed suit.
Raymond walked to where Nadia was standing.
"Hi." He said bringing her back from her riverie.
"Hello. Thought you won't make it." She replied giving him a side hug.
"Yes I made it here. Meet my friend Desmond. Desmond meet the girl i always talk to you about Nadia." Raymond introduced.
"Desmond!?" Nadia asked to be sure.
Desmond nodded like a fool.
Nadia bursted into tears as she walked away from the spot angrily leaving a suprised and bewildered Raymond and a confused conscience striken Desmond.
--to be continued--
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by D9ty7(m): 11:23pm On Jul 02, 2014
--continuation--
Raymond immediately ran after Nadia while Desmond stood rooted to the spot.
"Nadia. Please wait." He called after her.
She ignored him and continued walking as fast as she could. He didn't give up the chase as he continued following her hotly.
Nadia got to a small gate manned by security agents dressend in black. The gate was opened for her and she walked into the other side of the garden.
"Hey Mr man, where are you going?" One of the security men asked.
"Excuse me please." He requested.
"This place is restricted. Only the Oltin's family and acquaintances are allowed in here." Another of the four security men added thereby locking the gate firmly.
"But sir, you can see me with Miss Nadia a few minutes ago." He argued.
"Yes I saw you, but Miss Nadia personally said you must not be allowed in here. So can you please excuse us."
Raymond walked away back to the parking lot, where Desmond was waiting in the Limo.
"Guy, lets get out of here." Raymond said angrily.
Desmond didn't utter a work as he made to go in first.
"This is an abuse on my personality." He said angrily.
Just then four security men in black walked into the parking lot led by a millitary man.
"Hey there, you are under arrest." One of the men called at Raymond.
Raymond turned back and faced the man with an askance look on his face.
"Are you mr Desmond?" The millitary man asked.
Desmond came out from the Limo and faced the angry security men.
He(Desmond) was bundled away by the security men while Raymond watched the little drama helplessly.
----------------------
As the chauffer was driving Raymond back home, he decided to report the incident to his father.
"Hello dad, Desmond has just being arrested." He said immediately his father answered the call.
"What happened?"
"Mr Oltin Ordered his arrest." Raymond replied.
"Where are you now?" His father asked.
"Am on my way home."
"Okay, come home quickly so we can strategise a way to deal with Oltin." He adviced his son.
"Okay daddy."
--------------------
"Nadia stop crying, you know he has been arrested. He'll be punished accordingly." Magaret Oltin, Nadia's mother adviced.
"Mum, how can he do such to me and run away?" Nadia asked.
Chief Oltin who had been quiet all the while spoke for the first time since he had ordered Desmond arrest.
"Hey you! Get her out of here and take her home." He ordered one of his bodyguards.
"Daddy, I want to stay here and have fun." She argued.
The security man felt reluctant in taking Nadia home.
"What are you still waiting for?" He asked the security man who quickly acted on impulse by grabbing Nadia roughly on the arm and budling her out of the event garden against her wish.
"Darling let her stay if she so wishes. You know........." Magaret said trying to convince her husband.
"Woman, don't question my authority." Oltin cut her short.
He stood up and went to greet the approaching Major General Anderson and his daughter Rukiat. It seemed like they had been searching for Chief Oltin since their arrival, because you could see a smile of relieve on both their faces.
--to be continued--
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by D9ty7(m): 11:27pm On Jul 02, 2014
--continuation--
Rukiat got into the parking lot and saw Nadia between a small crowd. She walked towards them and saw Nadia being consoled by her brother Majid.
"Hey Nadia." She called.
Nadia turned to face her, she hissed.
"Hi." Majid greeted.
"Hello." Rukiat replied.
"Can I talk to her for a second." Rukiat requested.
"Definitely." Majid assured and stepped aside.
"Thank you. You must be Majid."
"Yes, and you?" He asked.
"Rukiat." She replied.
"Major Anderson's daughter?" He asked.
"Yes." She replied.
"Its nice meeting you." He said.
"The pleasure is mine." She replied.
Majid walked away --continuation--
Rukiat got into the parking lot and saw Nadia between a small crowd. She walked towards them and saw Nadia being consoled by her brother Majid.
"Hey Nadia." She called.
Nadia turned to face her, she hissed.
"Hi." Majid greeted.
"Hello." Rukiat replied.
"Can I talk to her for a second." Rukiat requested.
"Definitely." Majid assured and stepped aside.
"Thank you. You must be Majid."
"Yes, and you?" He asked.
"Rukiat." She replied.
"Major Anderson's daughter?" He asked.
"Yes." She replied.
"Its nice meeting you." He said.
"The pleasure is mine." She replied.
Majid walked away leaving the two ladies to their conversation.
"So tell me Nadia what happened?" she asked.
"Why can't you just leave me alone for crying out loud, you are here to torment me again right? Tell me you are here to make me cry again? You won't be successful." Nadia cried out.
"Nadia, take it easy. I thought you've gotten over this, so why the outburst?" Rukiat asked.
Nadia stood up angrily and walked back into the garden.
--------------
BACK IN THE GARDEN:
"Now we want the man whom we all came here to welcome to come out right here on stage." The MC requested.
Majid walked out from the crowd on to the stage at the front.
"The main thing is for you to make a wish. It could be anything. You can request for a chopper, a mansion, an estate, a big yatch. Anything you wish will be provided by Chief Oltin." The MC explained.
Majid took the microphone and made to speak.
"I have nothing to ask from dad. But I'll call on my little sister, she'll be the one to make the wish. Nadia please come out." Majid said.
Nadia came out from the crowd and joined her brother at the front.
"Can you see your daughter going against my orders? We'll meet at home." Oltin fumed at his wife who was also suprised at seeing Nadia once again.
"I have nothing much to say, all I want is my happiness." She began.
The guest present all groaned in suprise wondering what she could mean by her happiness.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, I want Miss Rukiat Anderson out of this garden this very moment. She is the brain behind my unhappiness." She said.
There was a change of countenance on everybody's face most especially Major Anderson who was hit directly by Nadia's uncensored words.
The security men present all walked Rukiat out of the garden into the parking lot. The guest present were all looking at her like someone who was plagued. Anderson walked after her daughter and together they both left the Majid Oltin's welcome party.
Nadia watched as they both walked outside the garden.
"Thank you." She said and descended the stage.
--to be continued--
What could be the reason behind Nadia's outburst? Why is she the only one with foes, first Desmond and now Rukiat.
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by D9ty7(m): 11:31pm On Jul 02, 2014
--continuation--
"Nadia, what the hell is your problem? What do you think you are doing when you walked Major Anderson and his daughter out?" Oltin yelled at her daughter.
"Daddy, I have my reasons." She replied.
"You have your reasons? Reasons my foot. I'll have you punishe for disgracing me at the party." He ranted on.
"Just take it easy with her. She is just being childish." Magaret cautioned.
"Woman, will you please shut up your mouth." He yelled at his wife.
"Don't you know what the papers are saying? 'Chief Oltin's daughter publicly disgraced the head of the Nigerian Army'." He said.
"Daddy, they deserve more thann that. Do you know what she did for me? Yet you are just yelling at me." She talked back at her father.
Twaccccccccckkkk." He landed a hot slap on her face.
"Daddy, you slapped me?" She asked.
"If you make any more mistake, I'll slap you again even harder." He repleid.
"Mum, He slapped me." she informed her mother like she was not with them in the sitting room all this while.
Her mother just looked at her like nothing really happened.
"I'll have you grounded for a week." He said before picking up his phone to make a call.
"Hello Yinks, release that Desmond of a boy." He ordered and dropped the phone. He walked away to his room.
"Can you see what you have caused yourself? Now you have been grounded for a week." He mother blamed her.
She paused and looked at the hallway where Oltin passed to see if he could possibly hear them talking, when she saw that the coast was clear she continued.
"How dare you talk to your father like that when you knew how temperamentel he is. Ma disappointed in you."
"Mum don't put all the blames on me. You knew he was at fault too, but you just cant't agree since he is your husband and you feared him so much." She replied angrily.
"Do you realise you would be grounded for a month?" Magaret asked.
"I don't bloody care. Let him do his worst." She replied.
Magaret was suprised to the marrow as she had never seen her daughter this angry, the always weak emotional Nadia is now a changed person who could talk back at anything.
"Don't forget, you'd be locked in a dimly lit room, a square meal per day, no access to your mobile. You have no access to the outside world for that one week." Magaret reminded her and walked out.
"I don't care if......" She was saying when it strucked her.
"Hey! Am finished, a week in the dungeon? Daddy please am sorry." She cried out as she ran towards her father's study.
--to be continued--
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by D9ty7(m): 11:33pm On Jul 02, 2014
--continuation--
Raymond walked to his fathers room. He knocked on the door.
"Daddy, are you in there?" He asked.
"Come in son." Meyler replied.
Raymond walked in and sat on his father's mini-palour.
"Do you care for a shot?" His father asked rasing a bottle of wine.
"No dad." He replied.
"Son whats the matter?" He asked immediately he noticed his son mood. Raymond is not a person to turn out the favour of a drink. He so much loved drinking that he could drink in an enemy's bar not minding if the drink has been poisoned.
"Daddy, I requested for Desmond's release yesterday but you did nothing than to fold you arms and watch him being tortured.
"Tortured? You don't mean it. Where is he now?" he asked.
"He is being treated downstairs by the medical staff." Raymond replied.
"Am sorry about that son. You see yesterday I was on a business all through the night that I forgot about Des. I think I told you about my newly acquired estate. We were like making an outline of how it could be used to make money." He explained.
"No problem dad."
"My regards to him and once he is free. I want the two of you to see me in my study. Okay?"
"Okay sir."
--------------------
AN HOUR LATER:
Raymaond and Desmond walked into Chief Meyler's study.
"Hello Dad." He greeted.
"Young men." He said as he stood up and gave the two men light kicks on their chest.
The two men gave a short laugh at the old man's joke.
"Hey, you've got six packs abs?" he asked Desmond.
Desmond bursted into laughter.
"How I wish I have such." He said.
"Not with that big tommy old man." Raymond joked and the three men bursted into laughter.
"How are you feeling now?" Meyler asked.
"Am much better sir." Desmond replied.
"Have your seats." He waved at two empty chairs as he walked back to seat on his foam studded couch which could be turned to a bed.
The three men discussed heartily about things happening around them, ranging from politics, to the trending news of the day, the Head of Nigerian Army was disgraced by the billionaire's daughter, they took their conversation down to business.
"Dad I have been thing about something for a few months now. I want to establish a clothing line. Where I will produce designers and make cool cash from there." Raymond informed his father who was suprised at his son's intellect.
"I have been thinking about that too. But go and get me the estimate." Meyler replied.
Raymond yet again suprised his father when he brought out his apple Ipad to show his father the estimate for the clothing business.
"Okay I'll give you the money tomorrow. You just get everything ready. The ownership will be in your names, but the assets will be my name. Then the first profit the company makes will be shared equally between the two of you. Then you can buy 50-50 shares to take over completely." Meyler explained.
"Thank you daddy." The two men appreciated.
They both stood up and left the study.
"DESRAY clothing line." The two men said in unison.
"Now we can compete with the likes of versace, Gucci, Luis voitton and many more." Desmond bragged.
"Including Trukfit." Raymond added as they both approached the kitchen.
"What's going on here?" Raymond asked as he peeped into the kitchen to see his mother making dishes.
"Yo mum, where are the chefs?" Raymond asked.
"I asked to do this because I want to give you guys a special treat." She replied.
"A special treat?" Desmond asked.
"Yes Des, about you new company DESRAY." She replied.
"How did you know?" Raymond asked.
"Was actually eavesdropping." She replied.
"Mum!" The two men chorused.
Mrs Meyler smiled.
"Yes I have a call to make." Remembering Nadia Raymond screamed and ran out of the kitchen.
"So tell me, whats cooking?" Desmond asked.
"You want to know?" She asked.
"Yes of course." He replied.
"Close you eyes." She said.
END OF CHAPTER 2
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by D9ty7(m): 8:01am On Jul 03, 2014
CHAPTER 3
FLASHBACK CONTINUES

"Desmond met Rukiat a fresher in our 400-level. Just like the flash of lightening they had lit up a friendship that they are always together much to my disatisfaction. I complained to Desmond but he waved it off saying he cannot date the girl not after all I have been through. I believed him until one day when I saw an almost unclad picture of Rukiat on Desmond's phone. I asked him but he denied saying he didn't know how it got there. Just a few weeks later I went to Desmond's apartment, Right at the entrance I saw a ladies shoe, I walked in saw a ladies bag, then I proceeded to his room and met him lying on the bad with Rukiat beside him. Without wasting time I plunged at Rukiat and gave her two quick hot slap, out of reflex Desmond gave me a slap back which was the straw that broke the camel's back." Nadia explained as hot tears rolled down her cheek.
"It's okay, but looking at it you over reacted. Seeing them on the same bed doesn't mean anything, or did you see them unclad?" Raymond asked.
"Raymond see how you are talking, after all I have been through with him. Is that the payback?" She said raising her voice.
"Shhhh- Don't draw people's attention to us. Lower your voice." He adviced.
"The two of them later attacked me one night and I almost got Molested. But my dad settled the issue with Rukiat father in a political manner." Nadia explained further.
"That's so serious." Raymond retorted.
Nadia was weeping uncontrollably as she abandoned her food. Raymond seeing there is nothing he could do to console her in the public.
"I think we should get you home." He suggested as he called on her driver and off they left the joint after settling the bill.
------------------------------------------
BACK TO THE PRESENT
"Ruki I was suprised when I saw the headlines this morning. The press are making the most of the story adding salt and pepper to it." Teju explained.
Rukiat kept quiet and was looking at her friends, she was wearing a fake smile but deep down she was crying after suffering the public humilation of the century.
"Babes, don't you think we should treat Nadia's Bleep up?" Teju asked.
"The most suprising aspect was the fact that back then you never dated Desmond or did you?" Tina asked.
"I didn't o." Rukiat replied.
"That's the problem most ajebutter children used to have." Tina said.
"I have to see Nadia so we can iron things out and forget the past and face the future." Nadia informed.
"Iron what out? Its not like you are in anyway at fault." Teju said angrily.
"I know what am saying." Rukiat replied.
"What are you saying? Or did you have sex with Desmond on that day?" Teju asked.
"No I didn't, you know it was a week after that incident that Maryam announced that she is seeing Desmond. But I know what I mean by ironing things out with Nadia. You just wait and see." Rukiat explained.
"Omo I can't wait o." Tina said.
"Its time to refill you guys cups." Rukiat said as she walked towards the bar to get the girls a refill of their cups.
--to be continued--
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by D9ty7(m): 8:04am On Jul 03, 2014
--continuation--
24hrs Later:
Major General Anderson was seated with the members of MDP(mass democratic party), it is the occassion of their monthly awareness meeting being held at the MDP national secretariat in Abuja.
The National secretary of the party Alhaji Aminu Sambo read the minutes of the last meeting, while the National Committee chairperson Mrs Ngozi Iroka read out the order of the day, before the MDP spokeman/publicity secretary, Prof Ajeh Reuben gave informations about the development of the party at the grassroot, the number of registered members, the date for the presidential campaign to mention a few.
"And now we have two new members who defected from the opposition party a few weeks ago." Prof Reuben said and paused.
"Can we have the two members at the front here please." He requested.
Alhaji Tunde Roberts, the former minister for Agriculture and Mr Ibinabo Dickson, the former minister for defence.
All initiation rites were performed. I call it initiation because joining a political party in our country is synonymous to joining a cult.
"All party chieftain should please wait behind for a short meeting with the board of trustees." an announcement was made.
The short meeting began immediately the awareness campaign came to an end.
"Major, tell the members what you told me two days ago." The national chairman said.
"All protocols duly observed, Chief Oltin tabled an offer for MDP two days ago, he requested us to merge and he'll compesate our presidential candidate with one hundred million naira, which I accepted. So I want us all to deliberate on the issue."
"No way are we going to accept such offer after our well planned manifesto. They should look a party to merge with elsewhere." The former party secretary oppossed. Of all the party members, he is the only one with a different view about things, he sees things differently. As a matter of fact his presence in the party is now a problem to the party.
The issue was met with different views some agreed to the merger, others agreed to it on a condition that they present the presidential candidate, some agreed on a condition that it won't affect them at the state level, others agreed for the sake of money while the last set of people agreed on a term which seems to favour them at the detriment of Oltin's party.
The national chairman gave the verdict.
"MDp will agree the merger on paper level, we'll extort them and shortly before the election we'll break all terms and concentrate on MDP once again provided there is no legal backing to the merger."
All other people present all lauded him for his brilliance.
At the other end Oltin and his party members are having an emergency meeting at Oltin's residence.
--to be continued--
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by D9ty7(m): 8:07am On Jul 03, 2014
--continuation--
"Hello Doc." Oltin greeted immediately he entered the doctor's office.
"Good morning sir." The doctor greeted bowing down a little bit.
"How is my wife?" He asked.
"She is responding to treatment, all glories to God." The doctor replied.
"I see, but when will she be discharged?" he asked.
"Very soon, lets wait and see what happens in the coming days."
Oltin stood up at once to leave.
"See you later Doc, I'll send one of my boys to you." Oltin informed and walked out.
"I'll be expecting it sir." The doctor said smiling.
---
Oltin got to the parking lot of the hospital, just then a black police SUV drove in with an inscription "The Investigation Department"
A man in his late thirties, dressed in a white well fitted shirt and a black trouser coupled with a black belt and shoe to match alighted from the car and walked towards Chief Oltin.
"Good afternoon sir." The police man greeted.
"Check your wristwatch man, It's just eleven o'clock. How has it been." Oltin corrected as he walked towards his car and beckoned on the police officer to come along.
Inside the car
"Sir with what we've got, the incident seems to be very confusing and I have feeling the person behind the attack planned his game well." The policeman began.
"How do you mean?" Oltin asked.
"Sir, we got a footage from the CCTV cameras placed around the shopping mall. A man dressed in army uniform was the one who shot madam, but he was putting on mask so we couldn't see his face." The policeman explained.
"You know I told you, Anderson is behind all these, but you policeman will always want to do investigations so we can praise you guys at the end of the day." Oltin said.
"Major Anderson is the main suspect for now but we can't act on the physical outlook of the culprit."
"So are we going to just fold our arms?"
"Definitely not sir, but my boys and I are here just to confirm the plate number of the car, because we learnt the car has a customized plate number which we all know Anderson doesn't do. All his cars has the plate of the Nigerian Army. But now that we are here we'll be able to connect to the camera and review the event in HD screen." The policeman explained.
"But....." Oltin was saying when the policeman's ringing phone interrupted him.
"Excuse me sir." He said before picking up the call.
He spoke in slangs with the caller for a few minutes before dropping the call and removing his Ipad and he opened a video player. He placed the Ipad in front of Oltin and he zoomed in the video.
The screen began playing from a point where a white Lexus jeep drove out from a corner and got to a millitary check point, the soldiers on patrol all saluted him and he drove away towards the Mag.oltin. The moving car was zoomed in and the plate numbers shows 'MEYLER 5'.
END OF CHAPTER 3
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by D9ty7(m): 8:11am On Jul 03, 2014
--continuation--
Sirens were blaring as convoys of cars drove into the estate along the tarred road that led to the Oltin's residence. Every car on the street parked by the roadside to enable the government cars passed. Among the cars passing were plated.
'the police, the press, sss, the govenor. etc. It seems like the state govenor is on his way to pay Chief Oltin a special visit.
--------
Chief Oltin walked into his large spacious compound where the in-house staffs were standing in rows.
"Get these cars into the garage the governor will be here in a minute. Get the vases on the pavement and unveil the carpet." Oltin ordered and walked back into the house.
----------
Thirty minutes later:
"Mrs Magaret I pray God grant you sound health. On behalf of Me and my cabinet we wish to a speedy recovery." The governor of the state spoke to the Oltin's family.
"Thank you very much sir." Magaret replied.
"Mr Majid, hope you're enjoying our country?" The governor asked.
"Very well sir, so many development project in place. Its just like Manhattan." He replied.
"Sir I'll like to take my leave now." the governor said standing up and with his entourage, they walked out of the house.
"My regards to the first Lady. See you at the meeting." Oltin said.
"Definitely sir." He replied and left.
Chief Oltin is the political godfather of the state governor. He was the one who sponsored him during the last election.
"And now I'll love to call on three great citizens of this country. The first person is our father in the Lord, Prophet Akin Japhet." The Mc of the even said.
The said Akin Japhet stood up and walked to the stage.
"The second person is our father, the number two citizen of this country. Vice president Segun Okunromu." The Mc continued.
The vice president stood up and walked up to join Prophet Japhet up front.
"And the Last but not the least is two people but I considered them as one. They are Chief and Mrs. David Meyler."
Chief Meyler stood up and walked hand in hand with his wife.
Desmond stood up holding hands with his sister Nancy and Raymond walked to the front holding hands with Nadia.
"In the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit. And with go aheads from the vice president I declare this company open." Prophet Japhet pronounced as the Vice president commissioned the newly built/established
DESRAY CLOTHING LINE.
Pictures were taken with the owners of the clothing line. Before the MC declared the stage open for performances from great musical acts such as, the great Afro legend Femi Kuti and the Juju king Sunny Ade.
-----------------------------------------
"I have spoken with Francis at the embassy, you'll be trveling out of the country in two days time to enable you relax." Oltin informed his wife who was suprised and reluctant to accept but who is she to say no to Oltin who have always had his ways in anything he lays his hands on.
"Okay. No problem." She replied, knowing fully well that her destination will be no other place than Berlin, Germany.
"Where is Nadia? Do you know she was not here when the governor came." Oltin informed.
"Dad, she is off to a party." Majid defended.
"I see. She'll meet me here." Oltin fumed angrily.
Majid knowing fully well that his father meant what he said.
"Dad, those Asian corporation are planning a new approach businesswise towards the Ghanian government, and we are their number one partner." Majid informed his father.
"Yes, i got the message. Lets go work on that." Oltin said standing up immediately and his son followed him closely as thay walked in the study.
--to be continued--
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by D9ty7(m): 8:14am On Jul 03, 2014
--continuation--
_________TWO WEEKS LATER_________
Major Anderson sat down before the state commissioner of police. Other policeman were standing up with their heads down.
"Victor, how dare you accuse me of attacking Mrs Magaret Oltin? It seems like you don't know the gravity of what you did. You sent your boys to question me over something I know nothing about. I know what to do." Anderson poured out angrily.
"Sir I know nothing about the questioning. I only gave them the go ahead to investigate the attack after which they refused to give me daily report on how progressive the investigation has been." Victor the commissioner of police replied defensively.
"Who is the handling this case?" Anderson asked.
"Am not an ." Abeeb replied as he stepped forward.
"So you are the one handling the case? You must be very silly for talking to me like that." Anderson said as he stood up and held Abeeb roughly and hit him back on the wall.
Abeeb made to fight back but the presence of Anderson's millitary escourt made him to stay in check.
"Do you know who I am at all?" Anderson asked as he handed him over to one of his boys.
"Am very sorry for his rude behaviour." Victor apologized.
"Save it. I want this boy expelled from the force with immediate alacrity." Anderson commanded.
"Right away sir." Victor replied.
"And close the case. I repeat this case has been dismissed." Anderson said and left the commissioner's office.
Two minutes after Major General Anderson had left the men of the Nigerian police were still standing in the commissioner's office.
"And what the hell are you still waiting for?" Victor asked as he hit his table angrily and the men all filed out one after the other.
-----------------------------------------
"I have a feeling Major Anderson is behind the attack." Sergeant Dickson siad to his colleague.
"Me too. But there is nothing we can do about it since the case has been dismissed." Rodger his colleague replied.
"We can always do something." Dickson assured.
"And what is that?" Rodger asked.
"We'll work in undercover with other willing men around here. And am sure we'll get to the root of this." Dickson explained.
"Count me out. You know how dangerous Anderson can be. I am the breadwinner of my small family. Poverty is not our portion." Rodger snapped as he quickly left a surprised Dickson to the spot.
--to be continued--
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by D9ty7(m): 8:17am On Jul 03, 2014
--continuation--
Raymond walked into the reception and was greeted by the young beutiful receptionist.
"Good morning sir." she greeted.
"Good morning Clara. How was your night?" He asked in reply.
"It was fine sir and yours.?"
"We thank God."
Raymond made to walk into his office when Clara stopped him.
"Sir I want to have a talk with you but before that I want to inform you that we've gotten a model for the newest product from the factory. She'll be here by 12." She informed.
"Is that all?" Raymond asked.
"Yes Sir." She replied in affirmative.
Raymond walked into his big spacious office, on his right directly facing the restroom door stood couches arranged in a living room-like manner. A black leather chair stood behind a brown coloured painted table made from Oak. It was carved into a semi-circle shape. On the table lies flower vases and catalogue books of designs and his laptop computer.
He sat down on his chair and picked up the intercom.
"Hello, I need some coffee." He said to the reciever.
He hung up and faced the days work starting from the review of the new designs set to be produced.
A reminder alarm blared on his table, on checking the screen he saw "Board meeting at 10". That was when it dawned on him that he had a meeting with his workers in less than two hours time.
"Oh boy, I need to see Desmond before the meeting." he said to himself as he picked up the intercom to call Desmond.
"Hey Des." He said into the reciever.
"Hello Sir. Mr Desmond is not on seat." His secretary informed.
Raymond dropped the telephone in exasperation. He seems to be fed up with Desmond's newly found behaviour. For the past two weeks Desmond had hardly spent three hours in his office. He is always frolicking in town with his numerous girlfriends.
Sometimes he doesn't come to work at all, and he has since moved out from the Meyler's residence into his own apartment. Raymond was visibly mad at Desmond.
Just then there was a knock on the door.
"Come in." He said to whoever was at the door, even though he knew it was Clara his beautiful secretary.
Clara walked into the office carrying a tray on which a cup of coffee stood. She was dressed in a red silk blouse and a navy blue suit and open toe shoes.
"Sir this is the coffee." She said as she dropped the steamingly hot coffee on the table.
"Thanks. So what is it you want to tell me?" He asked.
"Its nothing much." She began while adjusting her cloth and smiled seductively.
"Sir I think you should understand." She said.
"Understand what?" He asked.
"Raymond I can't just explain how I feel anytime I hear your voice not to talk of when I see your face." She continued as she moved closer to him. She held the tip of his suit and drew closer to him, she tip-toe and made to kiss him. As he was about acting on reflex by pushing her away, the door bursted open and Nadia stood at the door. With tears welled up in her eyes. He quickly pushed Clara away and walked towards Nadia.
"Baby its not what you think." he said as he tried to hold her. By then Clara had sneaked out of the office back to her duty post.
'Twacccckkkk' she landed a dirty slap on his face.
He reeled backwards in pain as he held his cheek, his anger was surging but he was trying hard to keep his temper in check.
--to be continued--
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by D9ty7(m): 8:22am On Jul 03, 2014
--continuation--
Raymond walked back into his office after an hour and a half of meeting with the senior officials of DESRAY clothing line. He was tired of sitting down doing nothing rather than talk, check through his system and other stuff.
He thought about Nadia, she must be angry with him now, but she caused it. One thing she hated was being slapped by a woman.
His intercom ranged jolting him back to life.
"Hello." He said.
"Sir, the said model is here." Clara informed.
"Let her in." He replied and hang up.
Few seconds later there was a knock on the door.
"Yes come in." He said as he adjusted his suit.
The door opened and a lady dressed in a yellow knee-length gown.
"Good afternoon sir." The Lady greeted him.
He stood up at once and extended his hand for a handshake which she shook warmly.
"You are welcome to Desray cothing. My name is Raymond Meyler Jnr co CEO of this firm." he intriduced.
"My name is Rukiat Anderson." The beautiful dark complexioned lady replied.
"Have your seat." Raymond said pointing to a vacant chair opposite his own chair.
The door flanked open one more time and another beautiful lady probably a year or two older than Rukiat walked in.
"Good afternoon sir." the lady greeted Raymond.
"Good afternoon ma'am. How may I help you?" He asked in reply.
"She is my manager." Rukiat spooke for her.
"Oh! I see." Raymond exclaimed.
"Teju this is Mr Raymond the CEO." Rukiat did the introduction.
"Its nice meeting you." Raymond said as he extended his hands for a handshake.
"Now to business." Raymond said.
The three adults spoke about the terms and conditions of the deal. The product to be modelled and the legal backing to each appearance.
Raymond's intercom ranged.
"Hello." Raymond said picking up.
"Sir, Miss Nadia is here waiting to see you." Clara said.
"Tell her am busy. I'll be out there in half an hours time." Raymond replied and hunged up.
"Sorry for the break." Raymond apologised to his client before him.
"So when are we getting the deal done?" Rukiat asked.
"As soon as you get your lawyer, we'll contact ours then we'll do the signing and cover pictures will be made." Raymond replied.
"So she can only take the pictures after all the forms have been filled?" Teju wjo has been doing all the talking asked.
"I'd have loved the photo session to commence as soon as possible but her male counterpart is presently out of the country." Raymond replied.
"Okay." They both said in unison.
"Its nice doing business with Desray." Teju said as she stood up to leave, Rukiat followed suit.
"The pleasure is ours." Raymond replied.
He volunteered to see them off. They got into Clara's office and met Nadia seeting down listening to music with her headset in place. She gave Rukiat a scornful look that could make anyone fret.
"Hi." Rukiat greeted her.
She ignored her trying her best not to cause a scene, she angrily walked into Raymond's office.
"Bye ma." Clara said.
"Alright." Teju replied.
Raymond and Rukiat had shifted their conversation from modelling to personal things.
"See guys you later." Raymond waved as soon as they entered the elevator.
He turned back to walk into his office.
"Hold my calls and appointment. Am busy." Raymond said to Clara who seemed to get it that her boss is busy with his heartrob.
"Who are those? What do they want from you?" Nadia asked as soon as he entered his office.
--to be continued--
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by D9ty7(m): 8:24am On Jul 03, 2014
--continuation--
"Hello Mr Victor." Chief Oltin said over the phone.
"Hello sir." Victor, the state commissioner of police replied.
"That your man, its been a while I got a reply from him. Any problem?" Oltin asked.
"Sir, Abeeb has been dismissed from the force." Victor informed.
"Dismissed? Why? And who dismissed him?"
"Sir, I'll have another competent person take up your case soonest." Victor assured shelving his question.
"I must tell you, the man's dismissal is a great loss to the force." Oltin said and hung up.
----------------
"Dad! Why are you concerned about this case?" Majid who has since assumed the role of his father's right hand man since he returned to the country asked.
Father and son were seated in the mini palour in Chief Oltin's office discussing about matters that concern them.
"Son. You can't understand."
"Dad am not a kid, try me." Majid replied.
"Okay, do you know that the attack on your mother was not carried out of masterminded by Major Anderson or Meyler?" He bagan.
"So who carried out the attack?" Majid asked his curiousity rising.
"That's a game plan in politics. Come join the game and you'll understand." Oltin told his son.
"I don't get."
"I masterminded everything just to disrupt Anderson and Meyler's political ambition by accusing them. I'll have them charged to court few weeks before the primaries so their party can be disorganized without them and with no other charismatic leader in their parties. Come next election my son Majid is ruling this country." Oltin explained.
"I know you guys used to have issues before, why not forget the past and let us all work together." Raymond pleaded.
"Its not about us having issues, as a matter of fact I have forgotten about her existence. So please don't bring a closed chapter back into my life." Nadia cut in.
"Point of correction. This isn't about you, this is DESRAY. An independent company on its own, its not even about me or Desmond." Raymond corrected.
"So this is it abi? I have no say in my boyfriend's company?" Nadia asked.
"I didn't say that darling. But please lets give her a chance. It could even be a start of something new." He pleaded.
"Okay. You know I always give in to your requests."
"I love you dear." Raymond said.
"Love you too. She replied as she clunged to him tightly."
"Lets go out." Raymond suggested as he pointed to the door.
--to be continued--
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by D9ty7(m): 8:27am On Jul 03, 2014
--continuation--
Rukiat and her two friends Teju and Tina were seated in her room discussing about their outing. From their conversation it seems that Tina was waiting for them at home while Rukiat and Teju went on to broker a deal with DESRAY clothing line.
"Hello babes, so how was the deal?" Tina asked her two friends after they had settled down.
"The deal went on really good. Thank God he hasn't come accross Ruki before." Teju replied.
"That's good. So babes tell me how do you wanna get back at Nadia with this game of your because I still can't understand your motive?" Tina asked.
"Tell me who would see me and not turn back to give me a second glance? To get back at Nadia is the easiest thing so far my beauty strikes Raymond's heart then we are good to go." Rukiat explained smiling sheepishly.
"Babes I still don't get. Do you mean you are going to snatch Raymond?" Teju who has been part of the game plan asked.
"I'll just lead him on, let him break Nadia's fragile heart then let go of him. After getting my cash and donating them to charity." Rukiat explained.
"So you want them both to loose?" Teju asked.
"Exactly."
Teju raised her hand up and gave Rukiat a victorious Hi-five.
Tina shook her head and smiled.
"Babes, why the sudden change in your mood?" Rukiat asked once she noticed her drawn face.
"Am not in support of your game. It could backfire." Tina warned.
"You don't know anything. I've always told you to wake up, you are no longer a kid." Teju snapped.
"I know what am saying." Tina defended.
"Tell me what you are saying jare." Rukiat mocked.
"Fine, you said you intend to lead Raymond on and then turn you back. Remember your emotional status, you could decide to play pranks on him and end up falling for him."
Just then Rukiat's phone rang.
"Guess what babes?" She asked on checking the phone's screen.
The two ladies shook their head and waited on her to relieve them of their anxiety.
"It is Chief Oltin." She replied before picking the call.
"Let him know you are ready for him." Teju spoke in low tones while Tina shook her head and looked at her two friends angrily. But what choice does she have? It was Rukiat who sponsored her throughout their university days up to the clothes she used to wear then. And it was Teju who introduced her to Rukiat. Even though she has a different view of things to theirs, she still have to play along sometimes just to satisfy them.
Most of the things she does are basically on the Influence of her benefactor.
END OF CHAPTER 4
--to be continued--
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by D9ty7(m): 8:32am On Jul 03, 2014
Its not been easy copying and pasting previous chapters of this story but its the best thing to do considering the fact that new readers will come in to read very soon.
Re: THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... by D9ty7(m): 8:47am On Jul 03, 2014
You guys can come in to read this story and I hope it'll be worth it.....Ayonbobo(m), Sammy Hoe(m), ihedinobi2, Spyceeee(f), FBI/CIA, Miss Tutu(f), bola-dex, REDBUNNY(f), harhormhidey, Bloomingbud(f), Ayobami195(f), Geniuz, D9ty7(m), Mimisboygreat(m), Jaycee10.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Earn Extra With Your Writing Skills On Social Media. / Tips On How To Write Essay Contest / My Take: Am I The Only Person That Feels This Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 238
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.