Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,452 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Tim Howard Sets New Worldcup Record - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tim Howard Sets New Worldcup Record (713 Views)

Help!!! Where Can I Get The Classic Nigeria Jersey Of USA 1994 Worldcup / Brazil Vs Germany Worldcup Semifinal / The Ugliest #worldcup Jerseys Of All-time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tim Howard Sets New Worldcup Record by StealthyMe(m): 5:27am On Jul 02, 2014
For in making 15 saves, the Everton custodian had set a new World Cup record since such statistics were first collected in 1966. Peru's Ramon Quiroga held the previous best with 13 against Holland in 1978.It was the best performance from an American goalkeeper since Sylvester Stallone’s exploits in the 1981 film Escape to Victory.

And Howard’s display belonged on the big screen. Only there was to be no fairytale ending, Belgium emerging 2-1 victors after another pulsating affair at these finals. But it mattered not, the 35-year-old had etched his name in the history books.

Seventeen of Belgium’s 39 shots had found the target, only the extra-time efforts of Kevin De Bruyne and Romelu Lukaku managing to evade Howard; by this juncture, however, his rearguard had tired and the netminder was exposed.

Divock Origi had been thwarted three times, Eden Hazard twice, even defender Jan Vertonghen had been denied by the gloveman on a couple of occasions. He had improvised to use his feet, chest and knees.

Howard’s heat map serves to highlight his red-hot display. He even swept up on the edge of his penalty area – Manuel Neuer style – when called upon.

Ultimately, the only thing Howard couldn't save was the day.

Re: Tim Howard Sets New Worldcup Record by StealthyMe(m): 5:36am On Jul 02, 2014
Excellent Goalie
Re: Tim Howard Sets New Worldcup Record by shugacaneman: 5:47am On Jul 02, 2014
nice one tim
Re: Tim Howard Sets New Worldcup Record by ammyluv2002(f): 6:01am On Jul 02, 2014
That guy is cool, I really like him. ...wish he's our second keeper * hope I'm not too greedy sha* tongue tongue

Btw, I'm obsessed with good keeper embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Tim Howard Sets New Worldcup Record by StealthyMe(m): 6:25am On Jul 02, 2014
ammyluv2002: That guy is cool, I really like him. ...wish he's our second keeper * hope I'm not too greedy sha* tongue tongue

He's married oo..so don't be obsessed - lol
And u're been greedy ; where there's an Enyeama,a Howard aint needed. grin
Re: Tim Howard Sets New Worldcup Record by Ridwan123(m): 6:35am On Jul 02, 2014
Good for him and his country...
Re: Tim Howard Sets New Worldcup Record by dopeJemi: 6:49am On Jul 02, 2014
ammyluv2002: That guy is cool, I really like him. ...wish he's our second keeper * hope I'm not too greedy sha* tongue tongue

He used to be our goalkeeper

(1) (Reply)

Germany And The Mystery Of 7 / Luis Suarez Presented With Golden Shoe By Kenny Dalglish / Ozil’s ‘affair’ Row Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.