Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,940 members, 7,821,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Guarantee Trust Bank And Multiple Taxation And Commissions - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Guarantee Trust Bank And Multiple Taxation And Commissions (804 Views)

Multiple Taxation Cause Businesses To Fail - FIRS / The Alarming Rate Of Multiple Taxation In Lagos State / Segun Agbaje's Performance As Guarantee Trust Bank (GTB) MD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guarantee Trust Bank And Multiple Taxation And Commissions by mystyque: 11:17am On Jul 02, 2014
I have been going through this for a while. They tax both d interests and commissions. They also charge commission on transfer and another charge they called 'COT' which is different from the so-called commission. I am actually fed up with GTB arrogance and their "leave if u like ,we care less" attitude. Is this peculiar to GTB alone or across board. Cos right now, am looking for options.
Re: Guarantee Trust Bank And Multiple Taxation And Commissions by fabolakers(m): 11:40am On Jul 02, 2014
I don't even notice those charges.
Re: Guarantee Trust Bank And Multiple Taxation And Commissions by spothot: 6:24pm On Jul 02, 2014
@mystye it's quite true. their charges is something else. it's basically multiple charges galore
Re: Guarantee Trust Bank And Multiple Taxation And Commissions by puskin: 11:17pm On Jul 02, 2014
mystyque: I have been going through this for a while. They tax both d interests and commissions. They also charge commission on transfer and another charge they called 'COT' which is different from the so-called commission. I am actually fed up with GTB arrogance and their "leave if u like ,we care less" attitude. Is this peculiar to GTB alone or across board. Cos right now, am looking for options.

Start a movement.

GTB customers vehemently oppose Multiple Taxes & Commissions
Re: Guarantee Trust Bank And Multiple Taxation And Commissions by Leopantro: 11:35am On Jul 03, 2014
Follow this procedure

1. Get a print out of All taxation and deductions made on your account. Ensure it details those explained to you while opening the account and subsequent deductions that were added without due consent.

2. Go to the Information and Clearance services office of the branch of CBN in your state and state your complaint. Be as detailed as possible.

3. After the visit ask for the email address of the office and follow up with emails explaining your case. Such emails are sent to the head office.

Within two to three day, you will get a reversal of such deductions
Re: Guarantee Trust Bank And Multiple Taxation And Commissions by mystyque: 4:11pm On Jul 03, 2014
spothot: @mystye it's quite true. their charges is something else. it's basically multiple charges galore

..and am not charged same way in other banks.
Re: Guarantee Trust Bank And Multiple Taxation And Commissions by mystyque: 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2014
Leopantro: Follow this procedure

1. Get a print out of All taxation and deductions made on your account. Ensure it details those explained to you while opening the account and subsequent deductions that were added without due consent.

2. Go to the Information and Clearance services office of the branch of CBN in your state and state your complaint. Be as detailed as possible.

3. After the visit ask for the email address of the office and follow up with emails explaining your case. Such emails are sent to the head office.

Within two to three day, you will get a reversal of such deductions

Thanks Leo. Will follow up just as you have written. Moreover I even called GTconnect to query the charges and the rep was finding it hard to differentiate which is which cos the terms for those charges are muddled up. No particular definition for some of them. Also I found out that some banks charge 2 naira per mille for COT while GT is charging 3 naira per mille..

(1) (Reply)

Best Anonymous Browsing Software For Nigerians. / One Of The Secret I Want To Reveal Is Here And You Are Lucky If You See This. / 100% American Cotton Bedspreads And Duvets For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.